Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:21:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5946 5947 5948 5949 5950 5951 5952 5953 5954 5955 5956 5957 5958 5959 5960 5961 5962 5963 5964 5965 5966 5967 5968 5969 5970 5971 5972 5973 5974 5975 5976 5977 5978 5979 5980 5981 5982 5983 5984 5985 5986 5987 5988 5989 5990 5991 5992 5993 5994 5995 [5996] 5997 5998 5999 6000 6001 6002 6003 6004 6005 6006 6007 6008 6009 6010 6011 6012 6013 6014 6015 6016 6017 6018 6019 6020 6021 6022 6023 6024 6025 6026 6027 6028 6029 6030 6031 6032 6033 6034 6035 6036 6037 6038 6039 6040 6041 6042 6043 6044 6045 6046 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 06:57:39 PM

Suggestion to reduce PrivateSend and InstantSend fees

The good news is the price has doubled in the last 2 months.  That has also pushed up our fees and now would be a good time to address it.  

Right now a PrivateSend could cost $1.30 (0.1 Dash)depending on how it rounds up.  The lowest denomination is 0.1, which all PrivateSend transactions need to be rounded up to for a transaction.  Adding the .01 denomination lowers this to a reasonable 13 cents.  

The current cost of an InstantSend transaction is 13 cents (.01 Dash).  The Canada DashNDrink machine is weeks away from going into service.  This is a high fee for a low cost item like a soda.  Changing the fee to be 0.001 will make those fees a more reasonable 1.3 cents.

Can these fee changes be added in 12.1?  Or even a release before with the mixing changes?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 07:57:53 PM

With quantum computing al things will be broken. There's more to worry about than Monero.

I think not

A quantom computer does not solve such problems by brute forcing through 2^n else they would be pointless to build. They operate outside of the classic matter and space. Wink It operates with all 2^n states at once given it has enough quantom bits for the given problem then idealy you extract a solution after programming it.

It reduces that problem and the time it takes to solve drastical because it doesnt do it the classical sequential way.
Interestingly it is not that they can solve such problems in an instant as I thought once according to what I read.

I am not sure if this limitation comes from the nature of the quantum computer or is a consequence of what is technical possible to build in the next time. (q bit capacity)

I can't quite follow the argument with the equation. You can have more solutions than one. That is not at all a problem for a quantum computer. It will deliver you one of them.

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 09:38:13 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2016, 10:11:47 PM by toknormal

I can't quite follow the argument with the equation. You can have more solutions than one. That is not at all a problem for a quantum computer. It will deliver you one of them.

I just meant that I imagine quantum computers will not make something theoretically solvable that isn't at the moment. They just make it practically solvable.

Lets say, in the cash drawer problem for example, you have;

A+B+C=Z, where A=1 and C=4

Now solve for B and Z.......you can't. Not even with a quantum computer. There are 4 unknowns and only 3 equations.

I'd say that blockchain - with support from integrated mixers like Dash's masternodes - will always be able to create chaos out of order far faster than crawlers will be able to create order out of chaos, not because they can't analyse whats going on in the blockchain but because they can't analyse what's going on off it.

At the moment, with crypto in its infancy, we tend to personalise blockchain addresses in the sense that an address is 'associated' with a human holder. But the reality is that an address does not represent a person - that is an idea projected onto it from credit money where you are trading an actual account holder's state of credit and therefore the money is synonymous with the person. In crypto, just because you might know who controlled a particular address doesn't tell you who owned it. Conversely, just because you know who paid you, doesn't mean that same person controlled the paying address. Holdings can be traded off-chain as well as on, in fact once ETFs and the like get going possibly MOST of the trading will be off chain.

Against this background, a 24-7 native monetary recycling service such as Dash has is almost icing on the anonymity cake. Its purpose is to keep the coin supply as homogeneous as possible, where the funds at one address are almost indistinguishable from the funds at any other.

A quantum computer can only mitigate that effect to the extent that it has complete off-blockchain information as to all the inputs so it can even reach a theoretical solution for outputs. It will never have that information and so is of limited use.

On the other hand, blockchains that rely on 'hiding' the entire transaction history from view using cryptography - instead of just making the addresses maximally fungible - may just get sprung open like a can opener on a tin of beans, to have their entire history spilled out for all to see  Wink
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2016, 10:01:53 PM

Just catching up on my favourite bitcoin forums thread. Standard of discussion is particularly excellent. Tok your posts are awesome, I'm a real fan.

To Lisk King I would do what I did, several months ago and try both. In my case I didn't like Monero, couldn't run a node and disliked that they had no graphical wallet for noobs, at the time there didn't seem to be much development going on either. Maybe they have that stuff now. But still I am much more excited by other things that Dash is doing now, for example governance and budgets. Each to their own though and good luck
Riseman

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 11:15:56 PM

Any predictions for DASH in 3-6 months terms?

I think it's quite obvious if you look at the historical chart. It will likely be the usual way unless something unexpected happens. Fundamentals are important but not always have an effect.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 03:44:04 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2016, 04:06:41 AM by TanteStefana2

for me I think DASH coinjoin system is no good. - research paper show more study have been done on Cryptonote

Coinjoin make for still trace!. - This is why most reputable darknet EMAIL service SIGNIANT has said XMR is future of privacy. - Esperanto is future language of world - Even me I have put my LISK ICO profit to XMR - ANON > ALL ALTS - privacy is very important today - real true privacy

OMG, that has to be the funniest thing I've read in a long long time!  You belong with Morano, you will be happy there, LOL   Cheesy Grin Wink Grin Cheesy Wink

Just a hint, Esperanto is the joke of the world  Grin

Just in case you have the possibility of understanding, or for anyone new, Dash isn't coinjoin.  Dash does something more sophisticated.

1. Like coinjoin, Dash mixes coins
2. Unlike coinjoin, Dash mixes at least 3 sets of exactly the same amounts of coins, 1, 10, 100, 0.1 etc... whatever it's denominated as, and even with one mixing, if no spying is done to see where each coin came from, it is enough to obfuscate which coins belong to whom.
3. Mixing can be done multiple times, and with each round, the funds are exponentially more difficult for rogue masternodes to follow.
4. The funds are mixed before ever being used, so there is no timing attack ability (correlate due to mixing/sending time stamps)
5. Dash does this all without hiding a single coin from it's "Birth" to it's "death" - if it dies, such as when it's burned for a proposal.  You can verify EVERY SINGLE coin, count them by hand even, by looking at the block chain.  Nothing  can ever be added to the total without being revealed in the block chain and big red flags going up.  Yet, mixed Dash are as fresh as newly mined Dash, which is called fungibility and is a requirement for an entity to be considered a monetary unit.

And that's only ONE thing that Dash does and is.

Instant secure confirmations

Governance

Budget from within, no outside money and thus outside controls over Dash Governance

Nearly as many nodes as Bitcoin, the only, ONLY coin to have so many nodes = excellent decentralization.  Especially when you consider Bitcoin has more than 50 times as large a market cap.

Plus all the goodness to come with upcoming Evolution, which will make Dash as easy to use as Paypal / any credit/debit/phone "card" plus dozens of other new features:

Sophisticated contracts

Safety net, where users can't easily lose their wallet information, yet it remains secure.

DAPI (distributed API) from which any number of services can plug into the Dash network and offer services

And so many more things where the imagination is the only limit.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 04:14:04 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2016, 04:25:13 AM by arielbit

for me I think DASH coinjoin system is no good. - research paper show more study have been done on Cryptonote

Coinjoin make for still trace!. - This is why most reputable darknet EMAIL service SIGNIANT has said XMR is future of privacy. - Esperanto is future language of world - Even me I have put my LISK ICO profit to XMR - ANON > ALL ALTS - privacy is very important today - real true privacy

OMG, that has to be the funniest thing I've read in a long long time!  You belong with Morano, you will be happy there, LOL   Cheesy Grin Wink Grin Cheesy Wink

Just a hint, Esperanto is the joke of the world  Grin

Just in case you have the possibility of understanding, or for anyone new, Dash isn't coinjoin.  Dash does something more sophisticated.

1. Like coinjoin, Dash mixes coins
2. Unlike coinjoin, Dash mixes at least 3 sets of exactly the same amounts of coins, 1, 10, 100, 0.1 etc... whatever it's denominated as, and even with one mixing, if no spying is done to see where each coin came from, it is enough to obfuscate which coins belong to whom.
3. Mixing can be done multiple times, and with each round, the funds are exponentially more difficult for rogue masternodes to follow.
4. The funds are mixed before ever being used, so there is no timing attack ability (correlate due to mixing/sending time stamps)
5. Dash does this all without hiding a single coin from it's "Birth" to it's "death" - if it dies, such as when it's burned for a proposal.  You can verify EVERY SINGLE coin, count them by hand even, by looking at the block chain.  Nothing  can ever be added to the total without being revealed in the block chain and big red flags going up.  Yet, mixed Dash are as fresh as newly mined Dash, which is called fungibility and is a requirement for an entity to be considered a monetary unit.

And that's only ONE thing that Dash does and is.

Instant secure confirmations

Governance

Budget from within, no outside money and thus outside controls over Dash Governance

Nearly as many nodes as Bitcoin, the only, ONLY coin to have so many nodes = excellent decentralization.  Especially when you consider Bitcoin has more than 50 times as large a market cap.

Plus all the goodness to come with upcoming Evolution, which will make Dash as easy to use as Paypal / any credit/debit/phone "card" plus dozens of other new features:

Sophisticated contracts

Safety net, where users can't easily lose their wallet information, yet it remains secure.

DAPI (distributed API) from which any number of services can plug into the Dash network and offer services

And so many more things where the imagination is the only limit.

quantum computers

and this www.coindesk.com/us-government-lockheed-martin-bitcoin-analysis-tool/

dash will be analyzed too

its over guys. your blockchain is an old technology now, you can't patch it with masternode gimmicks anymore.

besides mixing funds prior to being used right away is a lot of inconvenience....assuming your masternode gimmicks can withstand the wrath of governments and quantum computing
spatula

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 04:19:03 AM

quantum computers reveal Bytecoin clones transaction history

Doesn't impact dash

FTFY
cryptospreader

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

askNFTY Team Account

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2016, 04:19:19 AM

Well, Mycelium integration is going to be released and spectrocoin should soon integrate DASH (DASH debit card and interests for DASH holders), therefore price should grow higher.

The price will be higher. But I don't see bigger price movements besides the speculations like "Dash will surpass btc in price". However, no one can predict.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 04:29:10 AM

quantum computers reveal Bytecoin clones transaction history

Doesn't impact dash

FTFY

Exactly, there is no fancy math behind Dash mixing, simply inability to prove the history of a transaction/coin. No Quantum Computer can crack this, it's just simple mixing on top of precautions to keep snoops unable to follow as well Smiley with multiple rounds. using different quorums.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 04:32:11 AM

Well, Mycelium integration is going to be released and spectrocoin should soon integrate DASH (DASH debit card and interests for DASH holders), therefore price should grow higher.

The price will be higher. But I don't see bigger price movements besides the speculations like "Dash will surpass btc in price". However, no one can predict.

I think people have been cashing out their Dash to ride the Monero wave, then the Ethereum wave again, and other coins.  This is such a small space, trading so easily affects the price.  Only huge market caps can stabilize this, and this will be necessary in the future for crypto to function as it should.

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 04:33:50 AM

quantum computers reveal Bitcoin clones transaction history

dash lose again

i am editing arielbit post  because i am a close minded dash shill

re FTFY

where did dash based its blockchain tech? answer: bitcoin
dash  blockchain can be analyzed? answer: yes

dumb ass
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 04:46:03 AM

@Ariel, our little

Of course Dash can be analyzed.  You can verify every duff on the blockchain, and link it to a unique path to A birth, but not necessarily to IT's birth, unless you are extraordinarily lucky.  And if you are so lucky, you will never ever know it.  And being built on top of Bitcoin makes Dash able to be adopted by technology built on Bitcoin - no recreating the wheel.

And yet, Dash is private, fungible and freshly mixed, is as clean as new born Dash from the block Smiley

You can deny it all you like, but people with bigger brains than your water filled skull see the truth no matter what names you call us.

And GOD you are SO DULL!

I'm not sure beauty will be enough to see you through  my dear mermaid.  Your lack of any definable intelligence is wearing thin, Ugh!

Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 07:00:25 AM

spam

You do realize this is the dash thread right?

Must be another paid troll dropping by. Well, there is the ignore button that makes this thread a clean happy non-monero experience Wink
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2016, 08:51:53 AM

And when Nucleus started accepting Dash, there was no end of breathless "ZOMG MOON" hype.

Sorry to pop your bubble of retardation, iCEHOLE-Raper. But how about you provide any evidence for your "moon hype" theory? Because the quote you're referring to is 100% accurate. Dash never was marketed towards the Darknet. In fact Darkcoin was rebranded to Dash BECAUSE of the Darknet market association. Another embarrassing failure in the face of logic and facts.

So Bitfury untangles CoinJoin? Wow! Good that finally someone exposes Greg Maxwells broken design. Even better that Evan Duffield fixed that broken design over 2 years ago with major improvements making it bulletproof, creating a reliable, peer-reviewed technology named PrivateSend that is tested and unbroken as of now, what you regularly fail to address, since it means admission of defeat. See above for reference.

Meanwhile Dash "collapsed" from 7 to 13 Dollars, while iCEY's hole is prolapsing faced with the embarrassing wrongness of his "predictions" from months, years ago and the irrefutable superiority of our project.

Yes, Bitfury's upcoming Crystal Blockchain project, when applied to Dash's comparatively low volume ledger, will easily unravel all the tx ever made using DarkSend or whatever it's being called now.

So I can see why you're being so nasty, upset, and unstable, but it's better if you stay objective and don't get so emotionally involved with investments.

Here is the evidence you requested of Dash/Darkcoin community hype for DNM adoption.

Quote from:  risinhigher
Surely if they are implementing monero , they would know that Dash is way superior ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/4z2xx0/dash_on_oasis/

Quote from: peacelover420
https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets/comments/2k8k3k/announcement_nucleus_marketplace_official_release/clj8t9x

I am pretty excited about a new market with a good layout accepting Darkcoin, this could be a huge opportunity for you guys to establish yourself as THE Darkcoin market

Quote from: tungfa

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
elmanager

Activity: 305

Cryptobulgarian ninja

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 09:20:55 AM

This dash classic is no needed to exist, if edufield doesn't have so much dash, why he develops it for full-time? And if he doesn't have so many coins, your dash is worthless.
Best stupid comment in a while.

I am struggling to understand the meaning.

I think he's saying that:

a) Evan owns a lot of Dash but by definition would not own any "Dash Classic;"
b) Without Evan's Dash holdings, he would not be motivated to develop Dash;
c) Without Evan's (and the team's) development efforts, intended to increase the value of their holdings, everybody else's Dash wouldn't be worth nearly as much;
d) Therefore, it is good that Evan owns a lot of Dash, and "Dash Classic" is rendered irrelevant.

Yeah, you're right and we need this  Smiley
Macrochip

Activity: 465

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2016, 10:06:08 AM

I delete and repost my drivel because Dash support is stronger than my failing detraction attempts, but I can't pay for my crack if I stop.

Poor insignifcunt iCEHOLE. Still so insecure he has to delete old replies and write new ones for visibility in hopes of satisfying his handler.

> says "no end of hype"
> delivers three lousy quotes with two of them not even being about Nucleus

Have you been searching for long, poor boy? What an embarrassing result.

I read the Bitfury whitepaper and I'm not sorry to inform you, you're shit out of luck:

1) It has nothing to do with the volume of coins being sent around
2) The entire paper is not referring to addresses but uses Bitcoin amounts as identifying factors. Dash breaks down every transaction into identical denominations rendering this kind of attack more useless than hiring you as a professional troll.

Better luck next time...? I don't think so.

Still waiting:

Dash De-anonymization Contest

Icebreaker and other trolleros: I have donated $1 to Monero's development team. I sent 0.25 Dash (TX ID: 59d51690d4b56ddbf1e393fa8d3a49bcfc3247f270f36be3b6ee411802666cba-000) to shapeshift.io, which converted it to Bitcoin and sent it to the official Monero donation address listed at https://getmonero.org/getting-started/donate/.

I challenge you to de-anonymize this transaction. To make it just a little easier, I only used four rounds of Darksend, so it's exponentially less private than it would be with the maximum eight rounds.

Please tell me what address this transaction originated from.

Cheers!

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 11:18:01 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2016, 02:29:23 PM by arielbit

@Ariel, our little

Of course Dash can be analyzed.  You can verify every duff on the blockchain, and link it to a unique path to A birth, but not necessarily to IT's birth, unless you are extraordinarily lucky.  And if you are so lucky, you will never ever know it.  And being built on top of Bitcoin makes Dash able to be adopted by technology built on Bitcoin - no recreating the wheel.

And yet, Dash is private, fungible and freshly mixed, is as clean as new born Dash from the block Smiley

You can deny it all you like, but people with bigger brains than your water filled skull see the truth no matter what names you call us.

And GOD you are SO DULL!

I'm not sure beauty will be enough to see you through  my dear mermaid.  Your lack of any definable intelligence is wearing thin, Ugh!

Dash is private, fungible and freshly mixed, is as clean as new born Dash

freshly mixed? you have to mix every time you want to be private, my GOD the inconvenience.

private? not 100% since the blockchain can be analyzed....although it is optional -> again the inconvenience of optional pre mixing and waiting.

Of course Dash can be analyzed.  You can verify every duff on the blockchain, and link it to a unique path to A birth

so what is the problem in partly private blockchain? you are partly exposed which can and still be analyzed through deductive investigation.

here is a single example:

the blockchain can be analyzed and conclude that an address has a certain amount of coins, and from time to time the government knows if that address is obfuscating something (so there is a suspicion already)..what if you spend on stuff where you don't want to be private? like a TV.. the government can extract the information from the store that you are this dash address that is obfuscating from time to time. they have a lead and that is a start.

so you have to be paranoid to be private. remember, even a professional defensive boxer like mayweather can be hit.

"partly" is a weak point and it can be leveraged.....so the solution is to be completely private...and that's why you lost the dark markets  Wink

the next step in quantum computing, nodes (masternodes) will be analyzed too.

your masternode gimmicks is like microsoft windows that keeps patching up security holes. and then its game over.

you are unable to perform critical thinking, blinded by in-duff-tuation, hate and jealousy.

i'm swimming around you and you are drowning and grasping for straws  Tongue
longorshort

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 11:21:58 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg16044428#msg16044428

Why this iCEBREAKER edited the title as "dash scam", is him a dash hater? So pathetic, no doubt that dash one of the most promising coin.
dark-sailor

Activity: 275

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 12:17:12 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg16044428#msg16044428

Why this iCEBREAKER edited the title as "dash scam", is him a dash hater? So pathetic, no doubt that dash one of the most promising coin.

Because there sh*ting them self's  (short answer) 😎
Pages: « 1 ... 5946 5947 5948 5949 5950 5951 5952 5953 5954 5955 5956 5957 5958 5959 5960 5961 5962 5963 5964 5965 5966 5967 5968 5969 5970 5971 5972 5973 5974 5975 5976 5977 5978 5979 5980 5981 5982 5983 5984 5985 5986 5987 5988 5989 5990 5991 5992 5993 5994 5995 [5996] 5997 5998 5999 6000 6001 6002 6003 6004 6005 6006 6007 6008 6009 6010 6011 6012 6013 6014 6015 6016 6017 6018 6019 6020 6021 6022 6023 6024 6025 6026 6027 6028 6029 6030 6031 6032 6033 6034 6035 6036 6037 6038 6039 6040 6041 6042 6043 6044 6045 6046 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: