Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 11:27:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5953 5954 5955 5956 5957 5958 5959 5960 5961 5962 5963 5964 5965 5966 5967 5968 5969 5970 5971 5972 5973 5974 5975 5976 5977 5978 5979 5980 5981 5982 5983 5984 5985 5986 5987 5988 5989 5990 5991 5992 5993 5994 5995 5996 5997 5998 5999 6000 6001 6002 [6003] 6004 6005 6006 6007 6008 6009 6010 6011 6012 6013 6014 6015 6016 6017 6018 6019 6020 6021 6022 6023 6024 6025 6026 6027 6028 6029 6030 6031 6032 6033 6034 6035 6036 6037 6038 6039 6040 6041 6042 6043 6044 6045 6046 6047 6048 6049 6050 6051 6052 6053 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722723 times)
HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 05:00:25 PM

https://twitter.com/diiorioanthony/status/771017555930705920

I suppose that's pertinent (Apple afraid of Dash?).
Holy shit. The mask has come off.
The so-called defenders of privacy want Dash pulled from the AppStore.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
spatula

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 05:35:34 PM

I would like to encourage people to consider that if this proposal doesn't pass, that's $28,000 worth of Dash that will never be created and never be able to further the ecosystem in any way. The value of all Dash in existence will appreciate by an infinitesimal amount if this proposal fails: one half cent per Dash. What do we have to lose by passing it? If even one decent-sized investment gets made because we've reduced the legal ambiguities, then it's a win.

I've seen many people complain about Poloniex being our primary exchange, and what a danger it is to have a single-point-of-failure. Why do you think the major, reputable exchanges won't list us? We can pay for any integration costs with budget funds, so it would be absolutely free for Kraken or Coinbase or Circle to add us. Why don't they do it? Could it be because they're just a little frightened of our privacy-centric "Darkcoin" past? A little reassurance about the legality of Dash could go a long way toward getting us on another exchange and reducing our dependence on Poloniex.

Finally, some people are making it sound like a vote for "Legal (Sept)" is a vote against "Wall of Coins." This is untrue. Wall of Coins will not fund, regardless of whether Legal (Sept) will fund.

In order for WoC to pass, it would have to bump the following already unapproved proposals:

Legal (this one) with 393 net votes
Community Outreach with 406 net votes
important.
It would also have to bump the following APPROVED proposals:

Dash to Adoption with 420 net votes
Slack Tipbot with 534 net votes
Evolution Development Subcontractors with 541 net votes
PR Fall Campaign with 641 net votes

That means Wall of Coins would have to achieve 641 net votes to pass, in only three days.

Agreed. Getting a (hopefully positive) legal opinion on these questions is important to the future of DASH.

That means voting for the new legal proposal is very important.

If Jaxx complies and removes Dash from their wallet, would they have to pay back the Dash network the money they were given for integrating us in the first place? The whole thing opens a can of worms...

For what it's worth, the good news is Apple is about to be $15 billion lighter, thanks to the EU =)

https://twitter.com/diiorioanthony/status/771033721881362432

Quote from: @diiorioanthony
Received official word from Apple. Only approved coins on @AppStore - #Bitcoin #Ethereum #Litecoin #Doge #Ripple #TheDAO. Mindboggling.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 06:41:11 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2016, 06:51:37 PM by qwizzie

I would like to encourage people to consider that if this proposal doesn't pass, that's $28,000 worth of Dash that will never be created and never be able to further the ecosystem in any way. The value of all Dash in existence will appreciate by an infinitesimal amount if this proposal fails: one half cent per Dash. What do we have to lose by passing it? If even one decent-sized investment gets made because we've reduced the legal ambiguities, then it's a win.

I've seen many people complain about Poloniex being our primary exchange, and what a danger it is to have a single-point-of-failure. Why do you think the major, reputable exchanges won't list us? We can pay for any integration costs with budget funds, so it would be absolutely free for Kraken or Coinbase or Circle to add us. Why don't they do it? Could it be because they're just a little frightened of our privacy-centric "Darkcoin" past? A little reassurance about the legality of Dash could go a long way toward getting us on another exchange and reducing our dependence on Poloniex.

Finally, some people are making it sound like a vote for "Legal (Sept)" is a vote against "Wall of Coins." This is untrue. Wall of Coins will not fund, regardless of whether Legal (Sept) will fund.

In order for WoC to pass, it would have to bump the following already unapproved proposals:

important.

That means Wall of Coins would have to achieve 641 net votes to pass, in only three days.

Agreed. Getting a (hopefully positive) legal opinion on these questions is important to the future of DASH.

If Jaxx complies and removes Dash from their wallet, would they have to pay back the Dash network the money they were given for integrating us in the first place? The whole thing opens a can of worms...

For what it's worth, the good news is Apple is about to be $15 billion lighter, thanks to the EU =)

Received official word from Apple. Only approved coins on @AppStore - #Bitcoin #Ethereum #Litecoin #Doge #Ripple #TheDAO. Mindboggling.

This just proves how very hostile Apple still is towards privacy-focussed cryptocurrency, i doubt any legal budget proposal would have mattered in this case.

Anthony Di Iorio : We are determining course of action
Not much that can be determined at this point, either they comply with Apple's demand or risk having their app
revoked by Apple.

I'm just thankfull i'm on an android phone right now and thanks to this retarded move of Apple, I plan to stay on android for a long long time.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 06:50:59 PM

important.

This just proves how very hostile Apple still is towards privacy-focussed cryptocurrency, i doubt any legal budget proposal would have mattered in this case.

Anthony Di Iorio : We are determining course of action
Not much that can be determined at this point, either they comply with Apple's demand or risk having their app
revoked by Apple.

I'm just thankfull i'm on an android phone right now and thanks to this retarded move of Apple, I will be on android for a long long time.

You're probably right about them not having a choice, but they're sure to have a lot of pissed off customers. Not only that, but they were paid by the Dash network to add Dash to their wallet. If they turn around and remove it, wouldn't they owe the money back to the network? Not that anybody would really be that much of an ass to demand the money back, and not that it's legally enforceable anyway, but still...

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
dafdaf

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 06:56:03 PM

Holy shit. The mask has come off.
The so-called defenders of privacy want Dash pulled from the AppStore.

The good news is Dash Evolution will only need a web browser…
dafdaf

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 06:58:18 PM

Today's Dash Detailed is excellent. A must-see!

(How can we embed YouTube videos here?)
Johann-Schmidt

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 07:12:31 PM

Any comments on this news:

https://news.bitcoin.com/apple-tells-jaxx-remove-dashpay/

Apple tells Jaxx to drop Dashpay
ddink7
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 07:26:07 PM

We can hope for the Streisand Effect...

Dash - Digital Cash
dafdaf

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 07:28:03 PM

This one:

The good news is Dash Evolution will only need a web browser…
gerhard

Activity: 78

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 07:52:23 PM

It appears we've reached the "then they fight you" stage. Congratulations to everybody. It won't be long now.
alanshore

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 07:54:22 PM

Please note, I say this with much love to the Dash community as I have witnessed you taking the brunt of the attacks so much of this does not apply directly to you. As this is a plea for both communities and is also posted in the Monero thread, I feel the need to post it here as well.

I am a long time lurker and holder of both Monero and Dash. I have made a lot of money holding both but making money has never been the goal. 80% of my cash worth is spread between both currencies because I do not like the direction in which our world is moving and I want to ensure that myself and the people I care about are well taken care of when the facade that now envelopes our society is finally lifted.

I have a plea for both the Monero and Dash communities.

The world markets are at all time highs, standing on a cliff, held steady only by increasingly desperate central banks and supported by governments that have yet to realize that neo-classical economics has failed. Well-intentioned but poorly executed ideas such as the ACA and Eurozone Refugee Policy continue to disintegrate and the media conglomerates appear dedicated to perpetuating fear so they can pad their margins. Our elected leaders are now preying upon this fear to usurp our freedoms and those campaigning for office are using this fear to manipulate their way into power. It is clear that the status quo will not change willingly and will turn to increasingly extreme measures to maintain their control. Our world is in a precarious situation but our involvement in Monero and Dash does allow us to do something about it.

I believe that until recently, true freedom and democracy has not been possible. It is only now, due to advances in technology and novel ideas such as the blockchain and DAO's, that we finally have the tools to ensure our freedom, regardless of what legislation our corrupt and misguided governments decide to pass in the public's "best interest".

The only way to solve many of the problems we face is to create technology that is impervious to government intervention. Where the people get to choose how they wish to transact and what they choose to purchase in complete privacy. I know there is continuous debate regarding which technology is more secure, or scalable, or a multitude of other things but I think the one thing both communities can agree on is they are both vast improvements over fiat transactions and even bitcoin.

The announcement from Jaxx regarding the required removal of Dash from their iOS wallet is a perfect example of the uphill battle anonymous currencies are facing.

While both technologies are taking different approaches to creating a digital equivalent of cash, the greatest hurdle they face will be adoption and this will not happen if the current powers that be continue to discriminate against them. This hurdle becomes a lot smaller if both communities work together.

Right now, the combined marketcap of Monero and Dash is ~200 mil which is miniscule compared to the entrenched systems. In fact, the entire marketcap of the top 100 crypto's is only 11 billion. I trade the S&P eMini during the day and on average, in the last minute of regular market trading, 50+ billion dollars worth of contracts will change hands. In one minute, five times more money changes hands than the top 100 cryptos combined marketcap.

Monero and Dash are currently the two rats in the corner fighting over a crumb while the corrupt banks and remittance companies sit at the table and feast on the entire pie. If we work together, we can have a real shot at taking a larger slice of the pie (while actually benefiting society) and believe me, there is more than enough to go around.

If you are just in Monero or Dash to make a quick buck, I imagine you stopped reading some time ago. If you are still here, I urge you to expand your scope of thinking and imagine what could be accomplished if both currencies were to cooperate.

If I dare to dream, I would envision a future where there are XMR and DASH trading pairs on exchanges, where we encourage others to use both networks, where the communities help test each others releases, where they combine forces to help both get added as payment options for major services and where ideas on how to improve both currencies are openly shared and discussed. If anyone is open to creating a new bitcointalk thread for mutual and friendly discussion of both cryptos, I think that would be a great first step.

We are all in this battle together and I believe the only way we can fail is by remaining divided. The real enemy is the entrenched systems that dictate our lives. Please do your part to help create a more cooperative environment, regardless of your opinion on which technology is superior.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 08:27:01 PM

Very well said alanshore and i'm all for it but unfortunetely there are certain people that like nothing more then see Dash go down hard
and will stop at nothing to express that feeling on this forum, even when their own coin is doing so well (mostly you can identify them when they troll
in this Dash ANN thread or use fud arguments in any Dash related topic in the Altcoin Discussion section).

But maybe these people will suddenly wake up and get your message, i sincerely hope so.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 08:32:50 PM

Today's Dash Detailed is excellent. A must-see!

(How can we embed YouTube videos here?)

Does anyone have that overview of the Sybil Attack costs per masternodes controlled % that Amanda is using in her YouTube
video ?

Thanks

qwizzie

dark-sailor

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 08:53:18 PM

Hi all
One of my masternode keeps getting errors from dashcentral email notification not sure if it's dashcentral buggy or it is my masternode playing up  has anyone had this trouble before ?. .
Are you on 12.0.0.58 version?

Hi

Yes I am on version .58 I update as soon as a new update comes available . I have been running masternode for a good 16-18 months and have noticed a few errors in the past but all seemed OK and I have been paid OK since. This time I recieved like 15 emails from dashcentral through the night last night but when I check all seems OK then another email come through saying I have errors again. Thinking of starting fresh as I also noticed I am still on the wrong wallet version 60001 on my local wallet.

Problem solved. My masternode had run out of space due to multipliable installations  so I reinstalled and started fresh.
I noticed my local wallet version is 60001 and not 61000 am I able to update my wallet version without interfering with my masternode (sending coins to new wallet + masternodeprivkey)
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 09:01:43 PM

The real enemy is the entrenched systems that dictate our lives.

Elegant post, alanshore. I'm very sympathetic to the spirit of it.

I have long assumed that some of the more toxic trolls are not agents of the coin they purport to represent but rather are agents of other entities, presumably one or more of the entrenched systems you refer to. If they can divide or distract the crypto community they would score it as a win, I imagine. I think that most of the key crypto developers remember the Big Picture issues, no matter how noisy things get from moment to moment.

Crypto is about making a quick buck for some. For others it is a threat to the status quo, a target to be eliminated by any means. It's a jungle, both out there and in here.
At some level I don't care if the eventual winner is Dash (although I'm rooting strongly for it), but I'm sure the eventual winner will be crypto.

Sigh - my first home computer was an Apple II, back when they were the underdog against the monolithic Big Blue. I haven't owned an Apple product since. Power corrupts.

UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2016, 09:04:53 PM

Hi all
One of my masternode keeps getting errors from dashcentral email notification not sure if it's dashcentral buggy or it is my masternode playing up  has anyone had this trouble before ?. .

Hi

Yes I am on version .58 I update as soon as a new update comes available . I have been running masternode for a good 16-18 months and have noticed a few errors in the past but all seemed OK and I have been paid OK since. This time I recieved like 15 emails from dashcentral through the night last night but when I check all seems OK then another email come through saying I have errors again. Thinking of starting fresh as I also noticed I am still on the wrong wallet version 60001 on my local wallet.

Problem solved. My masternode had run out of space due to multipliable installations  so I reinstalled and started fresh.
I noticed my local wallet version is 60001 and not 61000 am I able to update my wallet version without interfering with my masternode (sending coins to new wallet + masternodeprivkey)

Tools -> Wallet Repair -> Upgrade wallet format

This ^^^^ should do the trick without sending coins anywhere. Make sure you have fresh backup somewhere.

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
dark-sailor

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 09:12:39 PM

Hi all

Hi

Yes I am on version .58 I update as soon as a new update comes available . I have been running masternode for a good 16-18 months and have noticed a few errors in the past but all seemed OK and I have been paid OK since. This time I recieved like 15 emails from dashcentral through the night last night but when I check all seems OK then another email come through saying I have errors again. Thinking of starting fresh as I also noticed I am still on the wrong wallet version 60001 on my local wallet.

Problem solved. My masternode had run out of space due to multipliable installations  so I reinstalled and started fresh.

Tools -> Wallet Repair -> Upgrade wallet format

This ^^^^ should do the trick without sending coins anywhere. Make sure you have fresh backup somewhere.

Excellent Thank you
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2016, 09:29:00 PM

Proposal: Legal (September)

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-legal-sept.10457/

1) Legal opinion on the treatment of masternode block rewards under the Internal Revenue Code
a. Whether they are treated similarly to mining rewards, interest, or other tax treatment
b. Tax treatment of the initial collateral “investment”​

2) Liability of masternode owners for the transactions they facilitate
a. Whether masternode owners may be responsible for criminal activities connected with transactions they facilitate
b. If so, under what circumstances
c. Whether participation in “mixing” services might give rise to criminal liability
d. If so, under what circumstances​

3) Liability of exchanges that support Dash transactions and guidelines on meeting existing compliance
a. Whether an exchange might be held liable for criminal activity associated with PrivateSend transactions​

It's a little late for this due diligence.

THE DARKCOIN FOUNDATION INC. should have gotten answers to those very important questions before spending 2 years pumping their coin and dumping their Instamine.

I suspect THE DARKCOIN FOUNDATION INC knew the answers to those questions were not good for their scheme, so they just played dumb until the issue was forced by external entities.

And now, that irresponsible paradigm of speed over correctness is coming back to bite them and bagholders in the ass.

I don't feel bad for Jaxx.  They should have never added an obvious scam like Dash, which is 100% not worth getting banned from Apple.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2016, 09:42:02 PM

We are all in this battle together and I believe the only way we can fail is by remaining divided. The real enemy is the entrenched systems that dictate our lives. Please do your part to help create a more cooperative environment, regardless of your opinion on which technology is superior.

How dare you conflate a fairly launched coin with an instamined, centralized trash coin like Dash?

Dash qualifies as an illegal unregistered security, because a single entity (EVAN DUFFIELD AKA/DBA THE DARKCOIN FOUNDATION INC) controls its emission and everything else.

That makes Dash a liability for Apple if they allow Jaxx or whatever in their AppStore.

For the deep dive on the SEC issues, there's a highly informative post here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1219023.msg13293657#msg13293657

and here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1218399.msg12775158#msg12775158.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
ddink7
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 09:50:28 PM

How dare you...

Alanshore, excellent post and I wholeheartedly agree. But then the Monero trolls come out of the woodwork...

Dash - Digital Cash
Pages: « 1 ... 5953 5954 5955 5956 5957 5958 5959 5960 5961 5962 5963 5964 5965 5966 5967 5968 5969 5970 5971 5972 5973 5974 5975 5976 5977 5978 5979 5980 5981 5982 5983 5984 5985 5986 5987 5988 5989 5990 5991 5992 5993 5994 5995 5996 5997 5998 5999 6000 6001 6002 [6003] 6004 6005 6006 6007 6008 6009 6010 6011 6012 6013 6014 6015 6016 6017 6018 6019 6020 6021 6022 6023 6024 6025 6026 6027 6028 6029 6030 6031 6032 6033 6034 6035 6036 6037 6038 6039 6040 6041 6042 6043 6044 6045 6046 6047 6048 6049 6050 6051 6052 6053 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: