Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:33:12 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6017 6018 6019 6020 6021 6022 6023 6024 6025 6026 6027 6028 6029 6030 6031 6032 6033 6034 6035 6036 6037 6038 6039 6040 6041 6042 6043 6044 6045 6046 6047 6048 6049 6050 6051 6052 6053 6054 6055 6056 6057 6058 6059 6060 6061 6062 6063 6064 6065 6066 [6067] 6068 6069 6070 6071 6072 6073 6074 6075 6076 6077 6078 6079 6080 6081 6082 6083 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 6096 6097 6098 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 6105 6106 6107 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722675 times)
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 10:19:06 AM

Your post is pure sour grapes... all defensive and pissy

Hey, I happen to be surrounded by one of the world's sterling grape-growing regions I'll have you know and not a sour one amongst them Wink

Lightning-type write caching is definitely an innovation.

Ok, for a "techno-trainspotter" I accept you might see that as "innovative", at least on the level of...

TaoOfSpamtoshi
...which (apologies to Tao) I'll admit is one of your slightly more entertaining ones. (We need to open a special section in 'Urban Dictionary' for those).

Sorry I pricked your sense of pride w.r.t. "innovative technologies" b.t.w.. I'll try to be more sensitive in future   Cheesy
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2016, 10:55:39 AM

Ok, for a "techno-trainspotter" I accept you might see that as "innovative", at least on the level of...

TaoOfSpamtoshi
...which (apologies to Tao) I'll admit is one of your slightly more entertaining ones. (We need to open a special section in 'Urban Dictionary' for those).

Sorry I pricked your sense of pride w.r.t. "innovative technologies" b.t.w.. I'll try to be more sensitive in future   Cheesy

Still have nothing snotty to say about MAST?  Probably because you have no clue what it is.

Still no FUD to spew about Rootstock?  Quick, better think of something because it'll be here long before Dash Evolution.

I'm very proud of Satoshi and the rest of Team Core's accomplishments, although my role was merely trainspotting, hodling, and cheerleading.

Regardless, your mischaracterizations of those accomplishments as 'not innovative' are misleading and risible FUD.

EG, try disabling the write-caching on your hard drive and let me know how you like living without that innovation tier.   Wink

But we understand you must bitterly cling to your cargo cult's cherished self-serving doctrine of "Bitcoin Can't InnovateTM" no matter what.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 11:30:46 AM
Last edit: November 28, 2016, 11:57:13 AM by toknormal

Still have nothing snotty to say about MAST?

No. Because I can tell the difference between "innovation", "optimisation" & "extension" and my bitcoin cheerleading credentials are as intact as your's if you care to check.

At the same time - and no matter how hard people like you try to plaster on the makeup - its nodes remain dumb, the one thing that did need to change to qualify for "innovation". It's a choir that can only sing in unison, not harmony - never more than the sum of its parts which is why....it constantly needs "to add more parts" !  Cheesy

I'm sure that bitcoin's approach - extending the scaffolding out the way to firefight against scaling, fungibility and useability challenges - may see some success. It just won't be "innovative" since it's what you do when you can't think of anything else  Smiley
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2016, 02:59:10 PM

Still have nothing snotty to say about MAST?

No. Because I can tell the difference between "innovation", "optimisation" & "extension" and my bitcoin cheerleading credentials are as intact as your's if you care to check.

At the same time - and no matter how hard people like you try to plaster on the makeup - its nodes remain dumb, the one thing that did need to change to qualify for "innovation". It's a choir that can only sing in unison, not harmony - never more than the sum of its parts which is why....it constantly needs "to add more parts" !  Cheesy

I'm sure that bitcoin's approach - extending the scaffolding out the way to firefight against scaling, fungibility and useability challenges - may see some success. It just won't be "innovative" since it's what you do when you can't think of anything else  Smiley

Sorry, I'm not impressed by your 2013 Generation Gox sign up date and last 2.5 years of posts avoiding any topic that is not Darkcoin/Dash.

Coming on board as BTC was spiking to $1000 along with all the other day trading Eternal September get-rich-quick Class of 2013 freshman only establishes you never had any credentials to start with.

"Constantly?"  That word doesn't mean what you think it does; Bitcoin does not "constantly add more parts" because contentious hard forks are by design impossible.

"Difference?"  Optimizations and extensions are two kinds of innovations, not different concepts.  Otherwise the phrases 'innovative optimizations' and 'innovative extensions' would fail the logic parser, rather than being in common usage.

Again, your mischaracterizations of Team Core's accomplishments as 'not innovative' are misleading and risible FUD.

But we both know you are playing the No True Innovation game, to avoid admitting Bitcoin's future is far brighter than Dash's.   Wink

Fascinating how your relationship with Darkcoin/Dash has evolved from healthy skepticism to full on Kool-Aid chugging cargo cult lunacy.

Before you were became overinvested in Darkcoin/Dash, you were on occasion remarkably rational compared to what you have now become:

Im not trying to spread FUD, but i feel its wrong to give newbies false hopes and have people dig deep into their pockets into such a risky investment, which goes for all cryptos, and DRK is still dropping, which i was expecting, so what if it goes back to $2? It still has the potential to get up to $100 if it is indeed a solid coin.

+1000

nzminer is bang on the money here. Do NOT get emotionally attached to an investment unless you actually work in it. It just becomes a cult which then degenerates into a snarling cesspit of adversarial factions. Some of the valuations being banded about are delusional and people need to go and take a look at the archive of [ANN] threads for some of the now dead coins around. In particular take a look at the valuations that Blackcoin was GUARANTEED to have after 6 months.

Darkcoin is part of a greater cryptoeconomy ecosystem. It will not survive by trying to dominate or compete with that ecosystem. It WILL grow steadily if it works constructively within that ecosystem to the benefit of its own holders and the holders of other currencies.

In this regard getting to the next dollar is hard enough in this market, never mind talking about hundreds. We need realism, not hallucinogenic dreamland.

Try for $10 and feel damn lucky if we get it.

Snarling cesspit of adversarial factions?  Ironically, that's what the "emotionally invested" Dash community has become while fighting over the Free Shit controlled by the cargo cult priest class.

Now compare the above paragon of prudence with this wishful thinking:

I see a justified price of 3-4 BTC for one DRK at the current level of supply. The extreme leverage might even bubble it up much higher for some time.
Its just a state of the art financial instrument, in contrast to BTC or LTC.

I couldn't agree more with this post.

Unless the Darkcoin people make some major mistakes this coin is on course for complete supremacy in the 'anonymity' sector and valuation will follow accordingly.

What happened to your "realism?"  What it consumed by the overweening greed so readily apparent in your early shitposts about day trading?

What made you abandon the "realism" of "try for $10" and embrace "hallucinogenic dreamland?"

Did you at the Evan's Gate cult initiation ceremony overdose on illicit botanical extracts purchased from dark markets?

How sad that Dash has conceded to Monero and abandoned the 'anonymity factor' that initially sold you on its grandiose prospects.

How poetic for your present scamcoin shill/apologist persona to be so damned by the words of your formerly lucid self.   Undecided

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 04:13:34 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2016, 08:03:40 PM by toknormal

What happened to your "realism?"

LoLz ! It's alive and well and apparently causing you a few problems with your hair. (Must've been the contraption graphic - I'll try to resist the temptation to post it in future).

Dash hasn't conceded anything in the 'anonymity factor' - especially not to a technology that attempts to call itself "fungible" while imposing a gaping great asymmetry in the coin supply between keyholders and non-keyholders. (The latter of which it depends on for supporting its value b.t.w.  Roll Eyes ).

Unless the Darkcoin people make some major mistakes this coin is on course for complete supremacy in the 'anonymity' sector and valuation will follow accordingly.

Well, we're now 2 years down the line and they still haven't made any "major mistakes" so this opinion still stands. Despite people like you doing their best to conflate concepts of obscurity, anonymity & privacy, cryptographically "hiding" otherwise auditable properties of the blockchain does not augment its monetary properties.

That's not to say there aren't plenty posts that you could embarrass me with out of 6000 or whatever. I'm still waiting for you to trawl up some clangers that I know are in there somewhere and that would be good ammunition for you regarding changes of opinion I've had over the course. I'll leave you to fish them out since I'm about to get my knuckles wrapped by a fellow "cargo cult" members for "feeding the...", so I might abridge my indulgence in our most cordial of exchanges in the interests of world peace.

Happy digging ! Wink
bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2016, 05:04:52 PM

....since I'm about to get my knuckles wrapped by a fellow "cargo cult" member for "feeding the...", so I might abridge my indulgence in our most cordial of exchanges in the interests of world peace.

Always a good read Tok!  LOL.  I'm starting to believe that the trolls showing up here is a good talisman, sort of our "good luck" charm...because every time they show up our "cargo cult" holdings climb in value.  So I say more the merrier.   Have a great week friends. 

By the way...we did survive our car accident a few days ago.  As a note to all of us, please don't text/browse and drive.  Distracted driving is the new drunk driving.  We were stopped for an accident on the freeway when we were hit from behind by a mid sized SUV travel at highway speed which went air born and completely disintegrated and caught on fire, causing 2 more accidents.  We were very lucky!

Please be safe everyone...
robert746

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 05:17:16 PM

NEW DASH POOL IS NOW UP!

Port: 3771, Diff: 8

Port: 3772, Diff: 512

Port: 3773, Diff: 2048

min payout=0.001

use your wallet address as username and any password

Happy Mining! Wink
fuzzyduck

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 07:01:40 PM

Quote from: icebreaker
More crap hitting the fan

Dude just stop whining already. You and your pals already lost this battle a year ago. Your posts are futile and nowadays for entertainment purposes only. I laugh at you, and cry for you at the same time whenever i unignore you just what you've come up with this time.

I hope you get paid for your attempts, else i pity you even more if you doing this just out of hatred. The time an effort you put in your crap is staggering.

Run a masternode on a raspberry pi 2 @home! Follow my noobfriendly tutorial @ https://dashtalk.org/threads/masternode-on-raspberry-pi-2-model-b.4083
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 08:13:56 PM

Your "coin" has been overtaken in marketcap by a shitclone that is mined entirely by botnets and has no gui wallet. How do you all feel about that?
wackyD

Activity: 170
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 03:55:03 AM

TaoOfSpamtoshi

Sorry I pricked your sense of pride w.r.t. "innovative technologies" b.t.w.. I'll try to be more sensitive in future   Cheesy

Still have nothing snotty to say about MAST?  Probably because you have no clue what it is.

Still no FUD to spew about Rootstock?  Quick, better think of something because it'll be here long before Dash Evolution.

I'm very proud of Satoshi and the rest of Team Core's accomplishments, although my role was merely trainspotting, hodling, and cheerleading.

Regardless, your mischaracterizations of those accomplishments as 'not innovative' are misleading and risible FUD.

EG, try disabling the write-caching on your hard drive and let me know how you like living without that innovation tier.   Wink

But we understand you must bitterly cling to your cargo cult's cherished self-serving doctrine of "Bitcoin Can't InnovateTM" no matter what.

Mate, whatever the larger dev team of bitcoin comes up with, we can adopt. Unfortunately for bitcoin though, there's no reciprocity for what dash has, for them to adopt (masternodes, instant transactions etc)

Keep yapping

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 04:13:16 AM

I don't know which one to quote tonight, Tok, but your hilariously on fire tonight!  LOL

LoLz ! It's alive and well and apparently causing you a few problems with your hair. (Must've been the contraption graphic - I'll try to resist the temptation to post it in future).

Dash hasn't conceded anything in the 'anonymity factor' - especially not to a technology that attempts to call itself "fungible" while imposing a gaping great asymmetry in the coin supply between keyholders and non-keyholders. (The latter of which it depends on for supporting its value b.t.w.  Roll Eyes ).

Well, we're now 2 years down the line and they still haven't made any "major mistakes" so this opinion still stands. Despite people like you doing their best to conflate concepts of obscurity, anonymity & privacy, cryptographically "hiding" otherwise auditable properties of the blockchain does not augment its monetary properties.

That's not to say there aren't plenty posts that you could embarrass me with out of 6000 or whatever. I'm still waiting for you to trawl up some clangers that I know are in there somewhere and that would be good ammunition for you regarding changes of opinion I've had over the course. I'll leave you to fish them out since I'm about to get my knuckles wrapped by a fellow "cargo cult" members for "feeding the...", so I might abridge my indulgence in our most cordial of exchanges in the interests of world peace.

Happy digging ! Wink

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Taylor05

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 05:39:08 AM

Proposal: Conferences & Travel - The North American Bitcoin Conference in Miami

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-conferences-travel-tnabc.11966/

This proposal is to fund Dash's participation in The North American Bitcoin Conference scheduled for January 17th and 18th in Miami.
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 06:52:54 AM

Why don't you instead explain how Dash is going to be able to keep up with Bitcoin innovations like segwit, Lightning, Rootstock MAST, and Mimblewimble?

I guess some people prefer elegant, efficient, decentralized, protocol level solutions over centralized or semi centralized 3rd party fee ridden fragile rube goldberg machine looking solutions.

Mimblewimble/confidential transactions/coinjoin is interesting tech and is a real threat to single feature, one trick pony coins whom we won't mention. I haven't looked too deep into it but i know It's a pretty long ways off so your coin is safe for now icey. However, I don't know how you're "going to be able to keep up with Bitcoin innovations" if you can't throw together an official GUI wallet in under 2.5 years, Just saying. Grin

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2016, 06:56:05 AM

Happy digging ! Wink

Let's not retreat into generalities about "6000" posts.

Let's stay focused on two of them.

Toknormal before drinking Evan's Gate Kool-Aid:

Some of the valuations being banded about are delusional
We need realism, not hallucinogenic dreamland.
Try for $10 and feel damn lucky if we get it.

Toknormal after drinking Evan's Gate Kool-Aid:

I see a justified price of 3-4 BTC for one DRK

I couldn't agree more with this post.

Gee, that cargo cult initiation ceremony must have been one hell of a party to irrevocably send you into "hallucinogenic dreamland."

And BTW, the 'accidental' Instamine counts as a "major mistake" as does the rebrand to Dash, which entailed quitting+conceding the race for a truly private/fungible e-cash.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
gusterdd

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 08:04:52 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2016, 08:43:15 AM by gusterdd

Gee, that cargo cult initiation ceremony must have been one hell of a party to irrevocably send you into "hallucinogenic dreamland."

And BTW, the 'accidental' Instamine counts as a "major mistake" as does the rebrand to Dash, which entailed quitting+conceding the race for a truly private/fungible e-cash.

Wow  troll's day.
Hello, Monero bro's
If ring signature is better than coinjoin, adapt ring signature to dash. Is this possible ?

Interest : Mining Rig, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Monero, Dash, Bitshare
dbstmddhks

Activity: 523
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 08:21:18 AM

For dash, "the anno" is for privacy.
"The annon" is some part of dash not everything.

The value and core of dash is "improved blockchain from
masternode network"

This makes dash great not annon.

13.1 version will show you why dash is digitalcash not darkcoin.

From wan.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2016, 09:54:12 AM

If ring signature is better than coinjoin, adapt ring signature to dash. Is this possible ?

The ring signature vs coinjoin debate was over months ago.  Ring signatures won, bigly.

Dash was supposed to have them, but Duffield decided to betray everyone who bought Darkcoin for its privacy/anonymity/darkness.

Ring signatures are going to be implemented in V2. I will begin development immediately after I opensource V1.

...and it never happened.   Undecided

Same thing with the silently broken promise to implement Masternode blinding.  Duffield just pretended like he never mentioned doing it.

The problem is that Dash can't innovate.  Heck, it can't even keep up with new Bitcoin features like RBF and segwit.

And here come the cult apologists to Duffsplain why it's OK for Dear Leader to make promises and never keep them....

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 10:07:15 AM

Today Meetups:
In or near Albuquerque NM? Join Amanda Tuesday, Nov. 29th 7pm, @UNM Economics Bldg Rm 1002 Smiley

and
Boost VC in San Mateo / San Francisco
29th Nov, 6 pm
https://www.meetup.com/San-Francisco-Community-Dash-Meetup/events/235317675/

gusterdd

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 01:21:01 PM

The ring signature vs coinjoin debate was over months ago.  Ring signatures won, bigly.

Dash was supposed to have them, but Duffield decided to betray everyone who bought Darkcoin for its privacy/anonymity/darkness.

Ring signatures are going to be implemented in V2. I will begin development immediately after I opensource V1.

...and it never happened.   Undecided

Same thing with the silently broken promise to implement Masternode blinding.  Duffield just pretended like he never mentioned doing it.

The problem is that Dash can't innovate.  Heck, it can't even keep up with new Bitcoin features like RBF and segwit.

And here come the cult apologists to Duffsplain why it's OK for Dear Leader to make promises and never keep them....

Ring signatures would be hard to apply to dash or there would be other reason for him. This is reader's choice.
Because of tech difference and superiority,  monero became major altcoin.
Your Supervise about dash  make strain dash-dev-team.

Interest : Mining Rig, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Monero, Dash, Bitshare
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 02:17:04 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2016, 04:31:30 PM by toknormal

Ring signatures would be hard to apply to dash or there would be other reason for him. This is reader's choice.
Because of tech difference and superiority,  monero became major altcoin.
Your Supervise about dash  make strain dash-dev-team.

There's a very different set of priorities involved in constructing a base monetary asset from building an encrypted messaging or encrypted record keeping system.

In one, you are trying to be as transparent and authentic as possible, in the other you're trying to do the exact opposite - make something inaccessible. You can't do both at once (since those priorities are clearly conflicted).

What Dash is doing is implementing a cash paradigm, where each token is as indistinguishable from the other to support a level of plausible deniability at least equivalent to conventional cash. "Privacy" comes into it because:

A. cash does not require a 3rd party to facilitate the transaction (any cryptocurrency basically supports this requirement)
B. the money supply is symmetric (does not appear differently to holders and non-holders) and fungible so that it cannot be traced

The cash metaphor on which Dash is based uses discrete mixing of REAL money - not 1 real and 5 fake - just as the real world cash supply does at fixed points in its circulation - cash drawers in stores, consolidation reserves in banks etc. There is no magic to it because it's an inherent characteristic that's been with us for thousands of years.

This is difficult to do because it requires all kinds of non-technological, network-effect type support as well as the need to decouple the "privacy/fungibility" priorities from the "transparency" ones (so that transparency & symmetry of the coin supply are not eroded in the process). For example, the masternode network alone has taken 2 years to grow. If it was purely a technological challenge it wouldn't be worth very much because the tools would be easily reproduced and you'd basically just have a tech stock on your hands.

On the other hand, if you're just trying to "hide stuff" - the technology to do that is ten a penny. It's been around for donkey's years, is as copyable as pythagoras's theorem and doesn't add any monetary value to the token anyway. Gold would not be more valuable if it was diluted with lead to make it look less like gold. Diamonds would not be more valuable if they were cloudy and flawed. If people want to keep their messages and information private on the world wide web, they use something called SSH to keep it from prying eyes. But that doesn't make the SSH-tech suddenly more valuable than the http, ftp and Mail content that it may carry.

Thats why Dash is not needing to use Ring Signatures right now - the goal is fungibility (of the balances - not the frigging transaction ID's !  Roll Eyes), not invisibility.

Obviously over time you need to try to root out every distinctive characteristic and "fingerprint" on the token, including IP addresses ideally, and that process will be ongoing. But it won't be at the expense of ditching core monetary properties IMO.
Pages: « 1 ... 6017 6018 6019 6020 6021 6022 6023 6024 6025 6026 6027 6028 6029 6030 6031 6032 6033 6034 6035 6036 6037 6038 6039 6040 6041 6042 6043 6044 6045 6046 6047 6048 6049 6050 6051 6052 6053 6054 6055 6056 6057 6058 6059 6060 6061 6062 6063 6064 6065 6066 [6067] 6068 6069 6070 6071 6072 6073 6074 6075 6076 6077 6078 6079 6080 6081 6082 6083 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 6096 6097 6098 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 6105 6106 6107 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: