Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 01:29:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6031 6032 6033 6034 6035 6036 6037 6038 6039 6040 6041 6042 6043 6044 6045 6046 6047 6048 6049 6050 6051 6052 6053 6054 6055 6056 6057 6058 6059 6060 6061 6062 6063 6064 6065 6066 6067 6068 6069 6070 6071 6072 6073 6074 6075 6076 6077 6078 6079 6080 [6081] 6082 6083 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 6096 6097 6098 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 6105 6106 6107 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 6122 6123 6124 6125 6126 6127 6128 6129 6130 6131 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722739 times)
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 05:29:14 PM

I like your analogy a lot, but organizations with large axes are looking for a goose to kill.

Here's a Canadian journalist's take on the ever-increasing government overreach re crypto: https://news.bitcoin.com/irs-attack-dog-target-us-bitcoiners/

Dash is immune, right?         Wink

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 05:43:18 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2016, 06:04:08 PM by toknormal

I like your analogy a lot, but organizations with large axes are looking for a goose to kill.

"organizations with large axes" are only interested in assets with value, so yes - as crypto gets more successful it will also pose a problem for some (a problem most people would be happy to have b.t.w.).

However no obscure blockchain is going to protect anyone from the "gubermint". If you use money for anything you'll be tracked, specially since almost all trading is carried out on payment systems and not on blockchains, regardless of how the trade is denominated.

The blockchain's job is to define and preserve the integrity of the asset AND be seen to be doing so by all - not only keyholders.

So it needs to be transparent or die a slow death from "he said she said, nothing to see here" corrosive rot.

Dash is immune, right?         Wink

Not immune, but supports a supreme level of fungibility - and consequently plausible deniability - over bitcoin without recourse to blockchain transparency. Those priorities are decoupled with Dash which is why it's such a powerful solution at a monetary level.
DARKHOLDER

Activity: 659
Merit: 500

Zepher is scammer!:)

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 05:44:10 PM

But still wait for some card which I can load with Dash coins and transfer to euros in couple minutes with small fees..

Wait no more. 

https://spectrocoin.com/en/bitcoin-debit-card.html

Thanks  Wink I already using some card.. https://www.e-coin.io/ about a 1 year ...there can load your bitcoins and then go in your ecoin card account on pc and convert manually to euros...but I dont like that card because here BTC is in lowest rate against euro than..bitstamp or coinbase..

Maybe somebody here can share information  experience with specrocoin card and Dash. Wink
OneDayCreativeTrips

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 06:17:07 PM

But still wait for some card which I can load with Dash coins and transfer to euros in couple minutes with small fees..

Wait no more. 

https://spectrocoin.com/en/bitcoin-debit-card.html

Maybe somebody here can share information  experience with specrocoin card and Dash. Wink

Well I use my Spectrocoin card frequently, and I don't see how it could be improved.  Send Dash, credited
within minutes to card, spend.  Low fees.  What more do you want?
Taylor05

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 09:13:30 PM

Proposal: Infrastructure - Datacenter (January)

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-infrastructure-datacenter-january.12463/

This proposal continues funding our ongoing infrastructure costs.
Taylor05

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 10:32:27 PM

Proposal: Marketing - International Outreach & Promotion (January)

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-marketing-international-outreach-promotion-january.12464/

This is a continuation of the international outreach budget started in July adjusted to the current exchange rate.
OneDayCreativeTrips

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 11:23:28 PM

"organizations with large axes"

Looking at the axes on this chart, I think our goose is a fighter!

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/price-btc-dash.html#log
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 01:02:39 AM

Thanks for those links, OneDay. V. useful information.

Look at the chart:

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dash/

I'm throwing everything into Dash, for both technical and fundamental reasons. I think Bitcoin is going way up.

Perhaps to $2.5Kwithin six months.  

Dash will go up at least x12 within a few months of Evolution release, only if they can eliminate 'crypto' addresses in favor of "human readable addresses" and implement a plausible 'savings account' interest bearing account.

Just remember, this won't happen for about another year, right?

Right, Tante.  Money invested now will be multiplied, money invested in about another year will not  Cheesy

You sound like you expect Dash Evolution to flop and not get any traction in adoption?  It will probably take a few more years, but it will catch on IMO.  Paypal didn't really exist  until 2002, and by 2004, I was using all the time.  Now it's beyond huge.  I don't see why Dash won't be just as successful when we will have an amazingly easy to use interface. 

The one thing that Paypal had that Dash currently doesn't, is a marketplace.  It had Ebay.  This is why I've wanted something like Open Bazaar, only run on masternodes, for the past 2 years, but it's too much, and it complicates things with Masternodes, so nobody wants to do that at this time.  That's fine with me, I'm sure a solution will present itself at some point here.

So though I agree that money invested now will multiply, I don't agree that it won't continue to do so well into the future Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 01:07:15 AM

Goodman almost redeems herself with this amazing quote, bolding mine, source Coindesk:

“The biggest concern the U.S. has about virtual currencies… is that terrorists and other enemies might create one so powerful and so untrackable, that they’ll no longer need the global banking system, which the U.S. uses to financially starve them.” – Leah McGrath Goodman

I think if she had taken it a bit farther, I might be ready to forgive her for the Dorian fiasco. Something like -

“The biggest concern the U.S. has about virtual currencies… is that terrorists and other enemies ordinary people might create one so powerful and so untrackable, that they’ll no longer need the global banking system, which the U.S. uses to financially starve them.”

It's a start.

It should read "which the U.S. uses to financially serve them" ;P

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 01:09:04 AM

Here's why transparent blockchains were invented - to minimise dependency on the "right" voodoo practitioner. (...and so that when they do screw up you don't have to be one to know about it).

LOL, I started reading this, thinking "Brilliant, this must be Tok", looked up and there you were, LOL

Here's a Canadian journalist's take on the ever-increasing government overreach re crypto: https://news.bitcoin.com/irs-attack-dog-target-us-bitcoiners/

Dash is immune, right?         Wink

We may not be immune, but we are armed!  We already have a law firm on retainer, and when they start to attack us, we won't have to beg for financial help paying for the lawyers, we will pay for it via the budget system.  Sure, governments can slow down our project with such annoyances, but throughout most of the western world, IE  US, Canada, Europe, we have civil rights and will prove the government's over-reach.  And our right to create this service.  It's incumbent on the government to prove wrong-doing in a court of law, and they can't just use a shot-gun.  They have to clearly show cause.  At least that's how it works in the United States....currently.

Taylor05

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 02:27:06 AM

Proposal: Public Relations (January)

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-public-relations-january.12465/

This proposal seeks funding to provide for ongoing public relations services through our current PR firm, Wachsman PR.
afreer

Activity: 54

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 02:36:15 AM
Last edit: December 20, 2016, 02:49:42 AM by afreer

Look at the chart:

I'm throwing everything into Dash, for both technical and fundamental reasons. I think Bitcoin is going way up.

Dash will go up at least x12 within a few months of Evolution release, only if they can eliminate 'crypto' addresses in favor of "human readable addresses" and implement a plausible 'savings account' interest bearing account.

Right, Tante.  Money invested now will be multiplied, money invested in about another year will not  Cheesy

You sound like you expect Dash Evolution to flop and not get any traction in adoption?  It will probably take a few more years, but it will catch on IMO.  Paypal didn't really exist  until 2002, and by 2004, I was using all the time.  Now it's beyond huge.  I don't see why Dash won't be just as successful when we will have an amazingly easy to use interface.  

The one thing that Paypal had that Dash currently doesn't, is a marketplace.  It had Ebay.  This is why I've wanted something like Open Bazaar, only run on masternodes, for the past 2 years, but it's too much, and it complicates things with Masternodes, so nobody wants to do that at this time.  That's fine with me, I'm sure a solution will present itself at some point here.

So though I agree that money invested now will multiply, I don't agree that it won't continue to do so well into the future Smiley

Evolution does have a marketplace Smiley   It's the Apps section in the screens Amanda showed.  An app is similar to a store in open bazaar, except you don't need to operate a p2p node to list/use one, you can do that through the decentralized API, in addition to moderated refunds there are other payment types too like recurring auto-pay for subscriptions.  I remember when you suggested OB for Dash and was on the todo list and we found a way to do that and it's a logical progression of the system as soon as you introduce the concept of users and merchants at the protocol level tbh (or rather objects that are be configured to model users and merchants in Dash's higher tiers).  

The difference with OB is, Apps in Evolution are integrated to the Dash Network /  blockchain via DashDrive, not a seperate p2p network on top of Dash, it also means any merchant / service / business that accepts Dash is listed in DashDrive (provided they use DAPI) so everyone can discover and access all Dash enabled services.  It's always better to integrate services like this rather than try to run as a satellite p2p network which never seem to get good usage and have low node counts, to be fair this isn't possible in Bitcoin though which is an understandably conservative project in terms of protocol innovation due to the existing traction and comparatively large market size.
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 03:28:38 AM

"organizations with large axes"

Looking at the axes on this chart, I think our goose is a fighter!

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/price-btc-dash.html#log

Axes - good one! Goose ftw.
Kienbui

Activity: 478

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 05:37:58 AM

Look at the chart:

Right, Tante.  Money invested now will be multiplied, money invested in about another year will not  Cheesy

You sound like you expect Dash Evolution to flop and not get any traction in adoption?  It will probably take a few more years, but it will catch on IMO.  Paypal didn't really exist  until 2002, and by 2004, I was using all the time.  Now it's beyond huge.  I don't see why Dash won't be just as successful when we will have an amazingly easy to use interface.  

The one thing that Paypal had that Dash currently doesn't, is a marketplace.  It had Ebay.  This is why I've wanted something like Open Bazaar, only run on masternodes, for the past 2 years, but it's too much, and it complicates things with Masternodes, so nobody wants to do that at this time.  That's fine with me, I'm sure a solution will present itself at some point here.

Evolution does have a marketplace Smiley   It's the Apps section in the screens Amanda showed.  An app is similar to a store in open bazaar, except you don't need to operate a p2p node to list/use one, you can do that through the decentralized API, in addition to moderated refunds there are other payment types too like recurring auto-pay for subscriptions.  I remember when you suggested OB for Dash and was on the todo list and we found a way to do that and it's a logical progression of the system as soon as you introduce the concept of users and merchants at the protocol level tbh (or rather objects that are be configured to model users and merchants in Dash's higher tiers).  

The difference with OB is, Apps in Evolution are integrated to the Dash Network /  blockchain via DashDrive, not a seperate p2p network on top of Dash, it also means any merchant / service / business that accepts Dash is listed in DashDrive (provided they use DAPI) so everyone can discover and access all Dash enabled services.  It's always better to integrate services like this rather than try to run as a satellite p2p network which never seem to get good usage and have low node counts, to be fair this isn't possible in Bitcoin though which is an understandably conservative project in terms of protocol innovation due to the existing traction and comparatively large market size.

Super cool!

Is the Dash Evolution a open source? Everybody can deploy Evolution code on his website or we can only use Evolution on Dash.org?

Thank you,
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 06:07:39 AM

Look at the chart:

Oh shit, I never realized but  yah, I mean, it's not an online shopping mall, but as far as how to pay, it works the same...  Crap, no I have to rethink this.  I never realized really, what ebay essentially is besides a great place to search for things.  Amazon does the same thing, as does Etsy or many other stores (overstock, etc...) All you have to do is get these places to accept Dash, and it's covered - just like Paypal works for Ebay, Dash can work for anyone anywhere.  OK, thinking....

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 06:17:15 AM

Super cool!

Is the Dash Evolution a open source? Everybody can deploy Evolution code on his website or we can only use Evolution on Dash.org?

Thank you,

Well, Evolution works with the Masternode network.  Dash+Evolution, when it's out, can be cloned however, Masternodes are very expensive, and to create enough MN to have a chance at flubbing up the system is pretty much impossible now.  If you start a clone, you have to build your network and value from scratch.  This would be very difficult, though there are at least a couple of clones trying to do so.  They will have to be talented enough to upgrade with Dash when new code comes out as well though??

As far as deploying Evolution, that's the cool thing.  A web developer or anyone who wants to use Evolution will be able to tap into the network via the DAPI (distributed API) which will allow for all kinds of useful functions I can't even imagine myself because we're hitting the limits of my mind now, LOL.  But basically, the way people make charts from exchange's API, you'll be able to make charts based on the Dash network.  How many transactions per day, I dunno, whatever is of interest.

The cool thing about the DAPI is that it's completely decentralized and random access to the network itself.  You can trust what is quarried as if you are running a full node yourself without running a node, without keeping a copy of the blockchain, etc... I don't think people realize how amazing this is Cheesy

aristokrat

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 10:41:03 AM

How To Have Your Crypto Assets Work For You

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@brandon-rosano/how-to-have-your-crypto-assets-work-for-you
aristokrat

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 10:44:11 AM

Which Cryptocurrencies Are The Best Investments For The Long Term?

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@richardcrill/my-gut-feeling-which-cryptos-are-the-best-investments-for-the-long-term-future
OneDayCreativeTrips

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 11:46:05 AM

Look at the chart:

Right, Tante.  Money invested now will be multiplied, money invested in about another year will not  Cheesy

You sound like you expect Dash Evolution to flop and not get any traction in adoption?  It will probably take a few more years, but it will catch on IMO.  Paypal didn't really exist  until 2002, and by 2004, I was using all the time.  Now it's beyond huge.  I don't see why Dash won't be just as successful when we will have an amazingly easy to use interface. 

The one thing that Paypal had that Dash currently doesn't, is a marketplace.  It had Ebay.  This is why I've wanted something like Open Bazaar, only run on masternodes, for the past 2 years, but it's too much, and it complicates things  with Masternodes, so nobody wants to do that at this time.  That's fine with me, I'm sure a solution will present itself at some point here.

Tante, the last thing I expect is that Evolution will flop! 

You see that little  Cheesy after my comment?  Perhaps I need a "/s" to indicate that I was being flippant.

I am ALL IN on Dash, isn't that clear?

Great to hear the feedback on Evolution apps, that's exactly how I thought they would work!
afreer

Activity: 54

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 11:49:41 AM

Look at the chart:

Super cool!

Thank you,

Yes everything in Dash is always open source, and Evo code can be deployed on any website.  There is really nothing special about dash.org apart from it's run by the core team and using the domain the network purchased.  We will add an Evolution signup to dash.org when it's released, but any site can add this by just hooking into the https api the MN network will be hosting.
Pages: « 1 ... 6031 6032 6033 6034 6035 6036 6037 6038 6039 6040 6041 6042 6043 6044 6045 6046 6047 6048 6049 6050 6051 6052 6053 6054 6055 6056 6057 6058 6059 6060 6061 6062 6063 6064 6065 6066 6067 6068 6069 6070 6071 6072 6073 6074 6075 6076 6077 6078 6079 6080 [6081] 6082 6083 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 6096 6097 6098 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 6105 6106 6107 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 6122 6123 6124 6125 6126 6127 6128 6129 6130 6131 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: