Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:04:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6311 6312 6313 6314 6315 6316 6317 6318 6319 6320 6321 6322 6323 6324 6325 6326 6327 6328 6329 6330 6331 6332 6333 6334 6335 6336 6337 6338 6339 6340 6341 6342 6343 6344 6345 6346 6347 6348 6349 6350 6351 6352 6353 6354 6355 6356 6357 6358 6359 6360 [6361] 6362 6363 6364 6365 6366 6367 6368 6369 6370 6371 6372 6373 6374 6375 6376 6377 6378 6379 6380 6381 6382 6383 6384 6385 6386 6387 6388 6389 6390 6391 6392 6393 6394 6395 6396 6397 6398 6399 6400 6401 6402 6403 6404 6405 6406 6407 6408 6409 6410 6411 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722511 times)
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 05:40:01 PM

http://www.altcointoday.com/dash-can-now-be-traded-in-20-fiat-currencies/

Dash has partnered with Coinapult, a wallet that lets users trade the cryptocurrency in 20 fiat currencies on account of its partnership with Crypto Capital, which has a global transmitter license.
By opening an account with Coinapult, customers immediately get a Dash wallet. By also opening an account with Crypto Capital, they can deposit money to Coinapult to instantly buy Dash.
Customers get their own segregated account with Crypto Capital, fully integrated with Coinapult. They can wire funds from their bank to their Crypto Capital account.
The money in the Crypto Capital account is always available to wire out via an online platform.

20 Fiat Currencies

Accepted fiat currencies include USD, CAD, EUR, GBP, CNY, AUD, JPY, HKD (Hong Kong Dollar), TRY (Turkish Lira), CZK (Czech Republic Koruna) and PLN (Polish Zloty).

And so it begins...

For the newcomers : the partnership with Coinapult / Crypto Capital has long been worked on and plays an important role in Dash Evolution.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TeraBite
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 05:45:57 PM

you know, currently DASH if compared to all the other coin is VERY CHEAP right?

its going to JUMP at any moments, back to HIGHEST HI 0.11584 BTC

i would suggest BUY NOW..!! if you don't want to miss any train

here is the forecast picture https://www.mystellar.org/thread-1381.html

I hope so it would head to this price than we will see over $170 for each coin. At the moment it's very stable around $100 so it need to jump again like this so that I am agreed with you.

MEGATRON  -  THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION       
                        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER         LAUNCH EVENT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN                 
BossBee

Activity: 682
Merit: 540

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 05:56:17 PM

Ryan Taylor preaching the gospel  Shocked
I see why Evan chose him for CEO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6-q-73-phU

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 08:19:22 PM

Looks like its Dash turn now for explosive price growth
Hello 0.07, welcome back.

Edit : hmmm, why does this price reminds me of a certain british spy with a fondness for vodka martini's ?  Huh

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 12:28:53 AM

Litecoin, an unoriginal bitcoin clone is almost double market cap of Dash and broke above $1 Billion. Because it activated segwit. Deary me.  Roll Eyes

Meanwhile I haven't heard a thing from iCETEA since I countered his Litecoin versus Dash argument.

Did you know Dash was originally a botched and bungled fork of Litecoin (broken with an added "accidental" instamine "bug")?

Sorry I haven't been around to keep warning noobs that Dash is a centralized, instamined scam, but if they don't know it by now I can't really help those who refuse to learn.

Here's the point by point demolition of your flimsy attempt at defending Dash's myriad areas of inferiority as compared to Litecoin.

I'll begin by noting that since we last spoke, SEGWIT has been locked in on Litecoin and coblee has endorsed leveraging it to enable Mimblewimble, a brilliant way to manage the mempool and provide protocol+socioeconomic level fungibility.

If you don't know what all the fuss about Mimblewimble is about, read this for the background required to understand why Dash's Trusted Masternode model is vastly inferior in terms of security, scaling, and privacy:

Mimblewimble: How a Stripped-Down Version of Bitcoin Could Improve Privacy, Fungibility and Scalability All at Once
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/mimblewimble-how-a-stripped-down-version-of-bitcoin-could-improve-privacy-fungibility-and-scalability-all-at-once-1471038001/

let's consider the fundamentals which differentiate Litecoin from Dash.

Litecoin is much older and has a more powerful/secure ASIC PoW network than Dash.

Litecoin is older than every coin except bitcoin that doesn't make it better. It does have a strong network, so does Dash. Monero on the other hand doesn't even have 1000 nodes.

LTC isn't the oldest altcoin (LOL, you are such a clueless noob).  But being ancient compared to Dash does mean LTC enjoys more of the Lindy effect (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindy_effect).  The Dash network is not "strong" compared to LTC because the high 1000 DASH CONOP destroys its decentralization and LTC ASICs burn far more power than Dash's puny energy consumption.

Litecoin keeps up to date with hot new features like SEGWIT, while Dash can't even keep up with RBF/CPFP and breaks simple yet crucial things like IPv6 compatibility.

SEGWIT is very controversial, and in bitcoin seems a long way off being accepted. Litecoin is using this hype as fuel for a pump. IPv6 is irrelevant at this time. Other than you I haven't seen anyone else mention it.

SEGWIT has been tested for over a year and for many very good reasons enjoys support from the majority of exchanges and hardware+software wallets.
SEGWIT was "very controversial" only because you halfwit DashHoles and Gavinistas were being bamboozled by Roger Ver and Jihan Wu, because they wanted to keep secret their covert ASICboost cheating and AntBleed backdoor.  You should feel like an idiot for buying into their manufactured r/btc controversy.  Grin

Litecoin is going to have working payment channels like Lightning soon, thanks to SEGWIT.  That means InstantX, Masternodes, and Evolution are obsolete digital trash.

Lightning Network would be even more controversial than segwit. It will harm mining. And with huge volumes of transactions being handled off chain by Lignting Network will make the whole point of the blockchain diminish. The big money elites will be delighted to be a step closer to achieving elimination of cash replaced by electronic money in their control via lightning networks. 

Lightning Network is only "controversial" because of manufactured FUD driven by Roger Ver and Jihan Wu.  It's not our fault so many people are too stupid to understand that LN TX are not off-chain and best conceptualized as Layer 1.5.  Dash doesn't really have a Lightning-killer; despite your wishful thinking all of Dash's supposed scaling features are still vaporware without even a peer-reviewed whitepaper to back them up.
Lightning Network is going to be tested in production on LTC, etc. before its BTC deployment, not to mention LN is only one among many schemata for implementing trustless bidirectional payment channels.  Meanwhile, Dash can't even keep InstantX working on mobile and IPv6!  Cheesy

Litecoin's creator has DNA from MIT & Google, while Dash's has a sketchy background in finance and a 2 year mail-order degree in web marketing from University of Phoenix.

Roll Eyes So what? Steve Jobs and Bill Gates dropped out of college. I could almost say that a degree is a hindrance. Certainly it encourages parrot like repetition of 'the mainstream' rather than original thinking.

Jobs and Gates dropped out of Reed and Harvard, not the U. of Phoenix.  In no universe are coblee's MIT CS degrees a "hindrance."
Spare the rest of us your sour grapes kvetching and deflection due to Duffield and yourself not being anywhere near qualified for admission to Reed, much less Harvard or MIT.
I understand Duffield's and your own education were limited to "parrot like repetition" but please rest assured academia's many STEM departments are absolutely teeming with original thinking and mind-boggling innovations.  Wink

Litecoin's cobblee does not shill for and pump LTC; Dash's Duffield frequently advertises his project as a legitimate investment without disclosing the risks involved.

Evan is invested in the project. And wants it to succeed. Thanks to the instamine he was able to focus on it full time.

That doesn't justify Even posting trading advice like "don't short Dash today" then quickly deleting it when advised of the statement's incriminating nature.  Evan is ethically and legally required to disclose the exorbitant and overwhelming risks involved with Dash investing, yet he does not.  Shame on him!
Coblee obviously also wants LTC to succeed and has already enjoyed great success without needing to resort to Dash's gimmicks like a very controversial massive Instamine, shilling the coin to noob housewives and other unsophisticated retail investors, and setting up a HYIP PonziNode scheme.

Litecoin was not 20% Instamined in the first 2 days; Dash was.  Litecoin never cut total emission to further enrich early miners; Dash did.

You can think of the instamine as a bit like an ICO. As already mentioned it enabled Evan to concentrate full time on the XCoin/Darkcoin/Dash project. Which we are all now benefiting from.

I cannot think of the instamine as like an ICO, because I know how ICOs work and have seen them work (thanks Viacoin!).
Comparing Dash's dishonest surprise Instamine with a pre-announced fair ICO only shows how completely you have swallowed the Evan's Gate Kool-Aid.
Dash does not benefit from its Instamine because it is defined by that unforgivable Original Sin and thus destined to be forever despised and reviled by the rest of the Bitcoin universe.  Coblee had no trouble launching LTC in his spare time while working at Google and Coinbase, no Instamine required, so why couldn't Evan get a real job instead of only running his scam full-time?  Lazy?  Stupid?  Greedy?  Some combination?  All three?

Litecoin does not require trusted 3rd party security holes; Dash makes SlaveNode users the playthings of Masternode Ponzi participants.

This point doesn't make sense.

The point makes sense, you just don't understand it.
Unlike Dash, Litecoin doesn't use Masternodes, which are security holes because they are trusted 3rd parties.
Fully participating in the Dash network requires 1000 coins; full participation in LTC doesn't even require one full Litecoin.
Is that better?  Does the point make sense to you now?

Litecoin doesn't have to keep changing its name like a disgraced over-diluted pink sheet stock; Dash does.

Dash has evolved and its name has reflected that. Litecoin is still stuck as silver to bitcoin gold and will never be anything else. The segwit hype only proves that further.

"Evolved" is a PR spin word now famous because Clinton and Obama used to excuse their hypocrisy on gay wedding cakes and transgender bathrooms.
"Pivot" is the preferred term to indicate Dash's 180 degree reversal from DarkCoin-The-Privacy-Coin to DashCoin-The-Paypal-With-Moar-Blockchain-Coin.
FYI, Segwit is now a fact on Litecoin; it's locked in and going to activate Soon.  That's not just "hype" any more, it's cold hard reality.

Litecoin is supported by Coinbase and Kraken; Dash is considered a scam and despised by most of the crypto community, and thus will never trade on those exchanges.

Those exchanges may well change their minds just as bitfinex did.

You are right for once!  Kraken did, given a $50,000 bribe now worth $250,000 (LOL GRATE JOB GIZE  Grin Cheesy) "change their minds."
I doubt Coinbase will though, given coblee's antipathy for the Dash scamcoin.
Regardless, the word most associated with Dash is "Instamine" and it's not going to change.  You're welcome for that.  Kiss

Litecoin prioritizes technology over marketing; Dash does the opposite.

This couldn't be more wrong. Litecoin has done anything original except tweaking the bitcoin parameters? Dash has done more innovation than any other coin. The marketing is just a happy side effect of the budget system. Which is working supremely well.

Dash is a fork of Litecoin, and yet here you are biting the hand that fed you.  Classy!
Dash's "innovation" is snake oil marketing, privacy theater, and good old fashioned Ponzi economics, not technology.  But congratulations on the budget system seemingly producing the recent pump (which will end when Evan dumps more Instamine coins).
With segwit, Lightning, and mimblewimble, LTC will be more technologically advanced than Bitcoin; meanwhile Dash is 10s of thousands of lines of code behind the latest Core release!  FAIL.  Tongue

Litecoin has a bus factor >>1.  Dash keeps losing devs who get wise to Evan 'The Instaminer' Scamfield's long con:

I never heard of Dash losing devs. I do notice them growing the team.

The world is not defined nor constrained by what you heard or "never heard."  Keep your incredulous appeals to ignorance to yourself and learn how to use the Search box at the top of the screen.  Oh who am I kidding, you will never do that.  So I'll spoon feed you like a little baby.

vertoe's Dash resignation letter: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg10925445#msg10925445
TheDashGuy's resignation letter: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/what-the-hell-is-wrong-with-this-picture-i-thought-we-were-a-decentralized-project.9229/

Last week at Coinbase gmax gave a talk on Confidential Transactions which covered the various privacy-enhancing techniques used by different coins.

Here's what the world-class cryptographic expert had to say about Dash.

Quote from: Greg Maxwell, 28 April 2017

https://youtu.be/LHPYNZ8i1cU?t=34m11s

"Dash isn't cryptographically private AT ALL."

"Actually I had a slide in the deck that was like 'DASH...LOL' and nothing else..."

[*room explodes in loud spontaneous laughter, confirming that Dash is considered a joke and used as a punchline by the community, which has zero respect for it*]

"...it's SNAKE OIL, right?  And I'm just sort of beside myself about it, personally."

[*nervous laughter, uncomfortable coughing*]

"What Dash has is a system that's like Coinjoin, but you don't need a new cryptocurrency for Coinjoin and they nominate nodes based on proof of stake to be Coinjoin masters and they've done this INSECURELY many times in the past so I have no clue if the current version is secure or not."

"It's not really on the same level as something like Zcash or Monero.  Maybe it's better than doing nothing?  I don't know."

[*even more laughter at Dash's expense, as it the bottomless depth of the crowd's contempt for Evan's Instamined scamcoin becomes clear*]

"Yah.  I dunno lol.  Undecided"

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
san2ok

Activity: 638
Merit: 254

Supporter of DGB, XEM

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 01:52:06 AM

you know, currently DASH if compared to all the other coin is VERY CHEAP right?

its going to JUMP at any moments, back to HIGHEST HI 0.11584 BTC

i would suggest BUY NOW..!! if you don't want to miss any train

here is the forecast picture https://www.mystellar.org/thread-1381.html

I hope so it would head to this price than we will see over $170 for each coin. At the moment it's very stable around $100 so it need to jump again like this so that I am agreed with you.

Be optimist, DASH sure promising https://www.mystellar.org/thread-1402.html <-- love the video
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 02:40:03 AM

Thanks, iCEBREAKER. This statement you so usefully posted indicates that your hero G. Maxwell hasn't the slightest idea of what he is talking about when it comes to Dash. Thanks for posting, deleting, posting, deleting and then posting it again!

"What Dash has is a system that's like Coinjoin, but you don't need a new cryptocurrency for Coinjoin and they nominate nodes based on proof of stake to be Coinjoin masters and they've done this INSECURELY many times in the past so I have no clue if the current version is secure or not."

- "You don't need a new cryptocurrency for Coinjoin" - Maybe not if the Bitcoin developers would have listened to Evan, and created privacy on the protocol level which doesn't rely on centralized sites to mix your coins. Bitcoin's loss, Dash's gain.

- "they nominate nodes based on proof of stake to be Coinjoin masters" - Wrong again, Ace. Dash uses a POW hash to determine the quorum of masternodes for PrivateSend mixing.

- "I have no clue if the current version is secure or not." - Why tear it down, then? Do you enjoy risking your credibility by denouncing something you admit you know nothing about? The epitome of arrogance.

I look forward to his next talk.

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 08:39:47 AM

Coffee Time ?
buy with Dash ; )

https://crypto-coffee.com
(Europe Shipping only for now)

Grin
bizzyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1001

Don't look at my signature!

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 09:43:00 AM

MUE has started public beta testing of the Dash code base.
If you would like to share your expertise please feel free to provide your input, it would be greatly appreciated Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=778322.msg18913801#msg18913801
Thanks for providing such a great codebase for us to build our future on.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░███▀░░░░░░▀███
░░███░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░██░░░░░███
███░░░░░░██░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░██░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░█████░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░███░░░░░░░░░░███
░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ░░░████░░░░░░░████
░░███░██░░░░░██░███
░░██░░░███░███░░░██
░░██░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████████████████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████

░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████

░░░░░░
░░░░░██░░░░░░
░░░░████░░░░░▐█
░░░░█████░░░░███
░░░░░█████░░████
░░█░░░█████░████
░██░░░██████████
████░████░█████
█████████░░███
███████░░░██
░░▀████░░░█▀
░░░░░
   ░██████████████████▀██████░
█████████░░██████▀████████
█████████░░███▀▄████████
███████░░██░░▄██░░███████
██████▌░░░██▄▄██░░░▐██████
██████░░░░░█████░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░███░░░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░█████
████░░░████▌░░░▐████░░░████
████░░░█████▌▐█████░░░████
███░░░███████████████░░░███
███░░░███████████████░░░███
░█████████████████████████░
MONETARYUNIT
.......for Me, U & Everyone.......
[/
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 09:56:54 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2017, 10:16:16 AM by toknormal

Mimblewimble, a brilliant way to manage the mempool and provide protocol+socioeconomic level fungibility.

Dream on.

Comparing Mimblewimble to the protocol-native articulated logic tiers of the Dash network is like pretending that pigs can fly if they produce enough fart-gas. If Bitcoin implements Mimblewimble as anything other than a side chain it will be an alt-coin.

Bitcoin is what it is and fungibility will be provided by the Lightning Network - i.e. to stay fungible you simply don't transact on the main chain. As for Litecoin, its value offering derives from serving as monopoly money for the founder's brother at one end of the planet and his employer at the other.

Be his guest by all means Wink

afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2017, 10:19:18 AM

You're repeating yourself a bit iCEBREAKER. I'm sure I read and responded to this exact same comment only a couple of pages back. But I can tell you are aching for a detailed response so here you go.

I removed your large font size and bold font, as it was a bit loud

let's consider the fundamentals which differentiate Litecoin from Dash.

Litecoin is much older and has a more powerful/secure ASIC PoW network than Dash.

Litecoin is older than every coin except bitcoin that doesn't make it better. It does have a strong network, so does Dash. Monero on the other hand doesn't even have 1000 nodes.

LTC isn't the oldest altcoin (LOL, you are such a clueless noob).  But being ancient compared to Dash does mean LTC enjoys more of the Lindy effect (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindy_effect).  The Dash network is not "strong" compared to LTC because the high 1000 DASH CONOP destroys its decentralization and LTC ASICs burn far more power than Dash's puny energy consumption.

AF- Insults are not a great way of making your point you know. Where are the oldest ones these days then? on the scrap heap? Tell me which older coins than litecoin I should be paying attention to? Presumably they all have an awesome lindy effect.

Litecoin keeps up to date with hot new features like SEGWIT, while Dash can't even keep up with RBF/CPFP and breaks simple yet crucial things like IPv6 compatibility.

SEGWIT is very controversial, and in bitcoin seems a long way off being accepted. Litecoin is using this hype as fuel for a pump. IPv6 is irrelevant at this time. Other than you I haven't seen anyone else mention it.

SEGWIT has been tested for over a year and for many very good reasons enjoys support from the majority of exchanges and hardware+software wallets.
SEGWIT was "very controversial" only because you halfwit DashHoles and Gavinistas were being bamboozled by Roger Ver and Jihan Wu, because they wanted to keep secret their covert ASICboost cheating and AntBleed backdoor.  You should feel like an idiot for buying into their manufactured r/btc controversy.  Grin

AF- Insults are not a great way of making your point you know, its almost as if you feel you need to include them because you know your argument is flimsy. I can accept segwit is a great innovation, this doesn't mean it isn't controversial or it would already be active wouldn't it? The segwit bundle also deliberately enables offchain scaling which is not part of segwit per se. In any case bitcoin probably does need a scaling solution however Litecoin doesn't. Litecoin is hanging onto bitcoins coat tails because thats all its ever done. Litecoin isn't maxed out to capacity. If Dash needs it at some point in can be included in Dash due to compatibility with bitcoin.  

Litecoin is going to have working payment channels like Lightning soon, thanks to SEGWIT.  That means InstantX, Masternodes, and Evolution are obsolete digital trash.

Lightning Network would be even more controversial than segwit. It will harm mining. And with huge volumes of transactions being handled off chain by Lignting Network will make the whole point of the blockchain diminish. The big money elites will be delighted to be a step closer to achieving elimination of cash replaced by electronic money in their control via lightning networks.  

Lightning Network is only "controversial" because of manufactured FUD driven by Roger Ver and Jihan Wu.  It's not our fault so many people are too stupid to understand that LN TX are not off-chain and best conceptualized as Layer 1.5.  Dash doesn't really have a Lightning-killer; despite your wishful thinking all of Dash's supposed scaling features are still vaporware without even a peer-reviewed whitepaper to back them up.
Lightning Network is going to be tested in production on LTC, etc. before its BTC deployment, not to mention LN is only one among many schemata for implementing trustless bidirectional payment channels.  Meanwhile, Dash can't even keep InstantX working on mobile and IPv6!  Cheesy

AF- Give me a break, layer 1.5 do you know what a layer is? Feel free to explain, include a schematic too. It seems to be a colourful way of pretending Lightning transactions aren't off chain. The lightning network will most likely look like big hubs (like banks) with spokes (ordinary users). There are risks that huge volumes of offchain transactions will occur through big hubs. Why do you think miners aren't keen? It is natural for some to be uneasy with this. If all goes to plan, in maybe a years time LN will be ready to be used, as my optimistic estimate. At the moment it is still in development. When it is released, if segwit gets accepted, bitcoin will have instant transactions. A bit like Dash already has.

Litecoin's creator has DNA from MIT & Google, while Dash's has a sketchy background in finance and a 2 year mail-order degree in web marketing from University of Phoenix.

Roll Eyes So what? Steve Jobs and Bill Gates dropped out of college. I could almost say that a degree is a hindrance. Certainly it encourages parrot like repetition of 'the mainstream' rather than original thinking.

Jobs and Gates dropped out of Reed and Harvard, not the U. of Phoenix.  In no universe are coblee's MIT CS degrees a "hindrance."
Spare the rest of us your sour grapes kvetching and deflection due to Duffield and yourself not being anywhere near qualified for admission to Reed, much less Harvard or MIT.
I understand Duffield's and your own education were limited to "parrot like repetition" but please rest assured academia's many STEM departments are absolutely teeming with original thinking and mind-boggling innovations.  Wink

AF-  Who cares where he studied? This argument has little relevance to anything. The point is what Evan has achieved and already done. The innovation in Dash is in a different league from litecoin who only copy and paste bitcoin core code.

Litecoin's cobblee does not shill for and pump LTC; Dash's Duffield frequently advertises his project as a legitimate investment without disclosing the risks involved.

Evan is invested in the project. And wants it to succeed. Thanks to the instamine he was able to focus on it full time.

That doesn't justify Even posting trading advice like "don't short Dash today" then quickly deleting it when advised of the statement's incriminating nature.  Evan is ethically and legally required to disclose the exorbitant and overwhelming risks involved with Dash investing, yet he does not.  Shame on him!
Coblee obviously also wants LTC to succeed and has already enjoyed great success without needing to resort to Dash's gimmicks like a very controversial massive Instamine, shilling the coin to noob housewives and other unsophisticated retail investors, and setting up a HYIP PonziNode scheme.

AF- But he quickly deleted it so whats the problem? Even if he left is, so what? Bringing that into the debate is a bit desperate. And yes Dash is aiming for mainstream adoption, thats one major reason I'm interested in it.

Litecoin was not 20% Instamined in the first 2 days; Dash was.  Litecoin never cut total emission to further enrich early miners; Dash did.

You can think of the instamine as a bit like an ICO. As already mentioned it enabled Evan to concentrate full time on the XCoin/Darkcoin/Dash project. Which we are all now benefiting from.

I cannot think of the instamine as like an ICO, because I know how ICOs work and have seen them work (thanks Viacoin!).
Comparing Dash's dishonest surprise Instamine with a pre-announced fair ICO only shows how completely you have swallowed the Evan's Gate Kool-Aid.
Dash does not benefit from its Instamine because it is defined by that unforgivable Original Sin and thus destined to be forever despised and reviled by the rest of the Bitcoin universe.  Coblee had no trouble launching LTC in his spare time while working at Google and Coinbase, no Instamine required, so why couldn't Evan get a real job instead of only running his scam full-time?  Lazy?  Stupid?  Greedy?  Some combination?  All three?[/b]
[/size]

AF- Maybe it was a mistake to base on litecoin and inherit those bugs that caused the instamine? Or not? Instamine has been done to death. There is no secret, it happened. However partly due to the consequences of it Dash is where it is today. A successful innovative project, unlike those coins that are older than litecoin that seem mysteriously absent from the top cryptos today.  

Litecoin does not require trusted 3rd party security holes; Dash makes SlaveNode users the playthings of Masternode Ponzi participants.

This point doesn't make sense.

The point makes sense, you just don't understand it.
Unlike Dash, Litecoin doesn't use Masternodes, which are security holes because they are trusted 3rd parties.
Fully participating in the Dash network requires 1000 coins; full participation in LTC doesn't even require one full Litecoin.
Is that better?  Does the point make sense to you now?

AF- I was meant to get that from what you wrote!  Huh Litecoin doesn't use masternodes or do anything else original. Except being the first to copy and paste segwit. The masternode system is working extremely well, look at the budget system and the marketing you are so jealous of.

Litecoin doesn't have to keep changing its name like a disgraced over-diluted pink sheet stock; Dash does.

Dash has evolved and its name has reflected that. Litecoin is still stuck as silver to bitcoin gold and will never be anything else. The segwit hype only proves that further.

"Evolved" is a PR spin word now famous because Clinton and Obama used to excuse their hypocrisy on gay wedding cakes and transgender bathrooms.
"Pivot" is the preferred term to indicate Dash's 180 degree reversal from DarkCoin-The-Privacy-Coin to DashCoin-The-Paypal-With-Moar-Blockchain-Coin.
FYI, Segwit is now a fact on Litecoin; it's locked in and going to activate Soon.  That's not just "hype" any more, it's cold hard reality.

AF- Dash still has the same privacy features ;-)

Litecoin is supported by Coinbase and Kraken; Dash is considered a scam and despised by most of the crypto community, and thus will never trade on those exchanges.

Those exchanges may well change their minds just as bitfinex did.

You are right for once!  Kraken did, given a $50,000 bribe now worth $250,000 (LOL GRATE JOB GIZE  Grin Cheesy) "change their minds."
I doubt Coinbase will though, given coblee's antipathy for the Dash scamcoin.
Regardless, the word most associated with Dash is "Instamine" and it's not going to change.  You're welcome for that.  Kiss

AF- You say bribe, I say business deal. Isn't the budget system amazing?

Litecoin prioritizes technology over marketing; Dash does the opposite.

This couldn't be more wrong. Litecoin has done anything original except tweaking the bitcoin parameters? Dash has done more innovation than any other coin. The marketing is just a happy side effect of the budget system. Which is working supremely well.

Dash is a fork of Litecoin, and yet here you are biting the hand that fed you.  Classy!
Dash's "innovation" is snake oil marketing, privacy theater, and good old fashioned Ponzi economics, not technology.  But congratulations on the budget system seemingly producing the recent pump (which will end when Evan dumps more Instamine coins).
With segwit, Lightning, and mimblewimble, LTC will be more technologically advanced than Bitcoin; meanwhile Dash is 10s of thousands of lines of code behind the latest Core release!  FAIL.  Tongue

AF- Litecoin only has these features because it copied them from bitcoin. Do litecoin developers do anything?  

Litecoin has a bus factor >>1.  Dash keeps losing devs who get wise to Evan 'The Instaminer' Scamfield's long con:

I never heard of Dash losing devs. I do notice them growing the team.

The world is not defined nor constrained by what you heard or "never heard."  Keep your incredulous appeals to ignorance to yourself and learn how to use the Search box at the top of the screen.  Oh who am I kidding, you will never do that.  So I'll spoon feed you like a little baby.

vertoe's Dash resignation letter: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg10925445#msg10925445
TheDashGuy's resignation letter: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/what-the-hell-is-wrong-with-this-picture-i-thought-we-were-a-decentralized-project.9229/

AF- The Dash Guy? Correct me if I'm wrong but he was never on the team? but I do remember his tantrums, maybe I even sympathised with some of his points, I don't really remember. Meanwhile maybe you missed this, https://www.dash.org/2017/05/03/TeamRestructure.html

chat

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 10:47:25 AM

Hi can anyone in the community please help me with my problem here.
Back in 2014 i bought some dash coin but  then it was branded as darkcoin.
Then  after a 1 to 2 transactions i left the balance in the wallet and never touched it.
Now recently i opened up this wallet and noted down the address of my wallet.
Then i looked up the wallet address on the current Dash explorer and then noticed something funny.
My wallet address displays a zero balance but the exact amount that i had in the wallet is sitting in another address. So what happened here. What am i seeing. My address does not show any balance.
That address also shows outputs on the block explorer as not yet redeemed.
So my question is : where is my coins.
Can anybody help

Thanks for all the help.

It may be in a change address
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Change

Download the new Dash wallet and let it sync up and you will see your full balance.

Check the links in my sig
Hi there mastermind, not so clued up, what u mean links in my sig
Thanks

Try to download Dash wallet, run it and wait for synchr, then close the wallet and copy the older wallet.dat file to "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\DashCore\" and remove the content of "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\DashCore\backups". reopen dash and check the balance of both availble and Privatesend.

Hi there Mastermind,
While away for a short bit i did this:
I got the latest client from dashcoin and then got going to download the chain with my original wallet syncing to the chain. However because i started from the begining it is obviously going to take very long so i was thinking. Is there any lite client that i can use or is the any wallet which i can import my private key and it will show my correct balance including change address or maybe import the wallet.dat file and it will display the correct balance. By the way would it be possible with the ledger nano or any other wallet provider that is safe.

Thanks for all your help.
NibiruHybrid

Activity: 1204
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 01:16:38 PM

The Case For Using the Words “Digital Cash” in All Marketing Efforts by Amanda B. Johnson

“TIDE” – written in red block letters on the side of a truck. If you’re from North America (and maybe other places, too), you probably already know what this means: laundry detergent. Just like Kleenex = tissue. Charmin = toilet paper. Febreeze = deodorizer.

With continued hard work and a measure of good luck, one day in the future, the word “Dash” may be synonymous with “digital cash.”

But that day is not today.

Read more: https://www.dashforcenews.com/case-using-words-digital-cash-marketing-efforts/
NibiruHybrid

Activity: 1204
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 05:26:51 PM

India Cash Demand Remains High, Opportunity for Dash?

Demand for cash in India remains high despite government demonetization, presenting a strong case for Dash adoption.

According to data by the Reserve Bank of India, cash withdrawals from ATMs amounted to 2.259 billion, an increase over last year. This is despite last year’s demonetization effort, recalling larger denominations of bills in an effort to move to a more cashless society, provoking economic upheaval. ATM withdrawals remaining high indicates that there is still an increasing demand for cash in the Indian economy.

Dash could present a powerful alternative to cash

Read more: https://www.dashforcenews.com/india-cash-demand-remains-high-opportunity-dash/
san2ok

Activity: 638
Merit: 254

Supporter of DGB, XEM

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 04:18:33 AM

Block 666666 soon approaches

whats the meaning??

and whats up with icebreaker and few others above??
Tash

Activity: 1190
Merit: 305

Pro financial, medical liberty

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 07:19:46 AM

whats the meaning??

666 is a Biblical reference for the mark of the beast.
The number six implies imperfection. Often, numbers are used as symbols in the Bible. Seven typically represents completeness or perfection. Six, being one short of seven, can denote something incomplete or flawed in God’s eyes, and it can be associated with God’s enemies.
—1 Chronicles 20:6; Daniel 3:1.

Anyone spending some time researching Dash knows with 100% certainty that it is a scam but people dont care the sold their soul.

Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 07:25:31 AM

There are some who like to come in this thread and promote other coins and technologies, and some just like to tell the world how bad Dash apparently is for mankind. However many posts some people make, there are also many happy believers in what Dash has provided so far as well as where it will go in the future.

It can be hard to understand some of the trolling motives, although when the trolling takes off, the price of Dash usually is on a bull run. It has become a good indicator, as the trollers flock into the Dash thread, that the price is moving on up Smiley
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2017, 07:30:49 AM

whats the meaning??

icebreaker is a bitcoin core troll. For a long time he put Dash against Monero, lately he's trying to pitch  Dash against Litecoin. In reality he knows the real competition is Dash versus bitcoin.
addicto
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 07:51:57 AM

Dash can successfully fill the space in Indian financial system through what it is going through for quite some time. Next mega increase will be seen in dash once the Bitcoin's market show some stability which is expected to be soon. Buying when everyone is selling is always best in every market. Dash community has strong persons only weak hands and season traders come and go out.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 08:05:34 AM

HOW CAN I GET Started=1 w[/]* Dash?

*Optional.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Pages: « 1 ... 6311 6312 6313 6314 6315 6316 6317 6318 6319 6320 6321 6322 6323 6324 6325 6326 6327 6328 6329 6330 6331 6332 6333 6334 6335 6336 6337 6338 6339 6340 6341 6342 6343 6344 6345 6346 6347 6348 6349 6350 6351 6352 6353 6354 6355 6356 6357 6358 6359 6360 [6361] 6362 6363 6364 6365 6366 6367 6368 6369 6370 6371 6372 6373 6374 6375 6376 6377 6378 6379 6380 6381 6382 6383 6384 6385 6386 6387 6388 6389 6390 6391 6392 6393 6394 6395 6396 6397 6398 6399 6400 6401 6402 6403 6404 6405 6406 6407 6408 6409 6410 6411 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: