Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:04:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6359 6360 6361 6362 6363 6364 6365 6366 6367 6368 6369 6370 6371 6372 6373 6374 6375 6376 6377 6378 6379 6380 6381 6382 6383 6384 6385 6386 6387 6388 6389 6390 6391 6392 6393 6394 6395 6396 6397 6398 6399 6400 6401 6402 6403 6404 6405 6406 6407 6408 [6409] 6410 6411 6412 6413 6414 6415 6416 6417 6418 6419 6420 6421 6422 6423 6424 6425 6426 6427 6428 6429 6430 6431 6432 6433 6434 6435 6436 6437 6438 6439 6440 6441 6442 6443 6444 6445 6446 6447 6448 6449 6450 6451 6452 6453 6454 6455 6456 6457 6458 6459 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722509 times)
Red_Sanford

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 04:30:33 AM

Reading through the proposals and seeing that Dash has paid a fortune for sponsoring air shows and a plane wrapped in the dash logo I am left wondering why in the world a proposal for a marketing professional is going to fail.

It is very hard for the average masternode operator to know what value airshows and basketball teams will bring to adoption and recognition.

Think again about the CMO proposal. All the crappy things that get funded and hiring a professional gets voted down.  Huh

TRAVELCHAIN
  Make a trip of your dreams!   
▄██▄███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▄██▄
▀██▀█████████▄░░░░░░░░░▄█████████▀██▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▄░░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
=
  SmartTravelling ecosystem 
[ Twitter ]   [ Facebook ]   [ Medium ]
▬▬▬  [ Website ]   [ Whitepaper ]  ▬▬▬
[ Instagram ]   [ Telegram ]   [ Youtube ]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 05:55:27 AM

Reading through the proposals and seeing that Dash has paid a fortune for sponsoring air shows and a plane wrapped in the dash logo I am left wondering why in the world a proposal for a marketing professional is going to fail.

It is very hard for the average masternode operator to know what value airshows and basketball teams will bring to adoption and recognition.

Think again about the CMO proposal. All the crappy things that get funded and hiring a professional gets voted down.  Huh

Do you have a direct link to this proposal so we can share it?
Some of these guys are pretty persistent and really good  at getting  the votes. I woukd agree that there maybe the odd proposal that is probably very good... But lacks PR.
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 06:16:24 AM

Do you have a direct link to this proposal so we can share it?
Some of these guys are pretty persistent and really good  at getting  the votes. I woukd agree that there maybe the odd proposal that is probably very good... But lacks PR.

maybe this ?

https://www.dashcentral.org/p/LietuvosRytasbasketballclubsupport

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 06:20:42 AM

For what it is worth after your post I read up all the posts below that proposal and the opinion of the dev team and my vote would be no too.

I am anyway a bit worring that we do too much marketing while the required base adaption isn't there yet.
If you shout out in the world: That's a good product for payments... the next thing a user will ask where can I use it and if you have nothing convincing to show then your marketing is lost.

But a second thing..if I read what such a professional salery is... I have to say do we really want to follow the industrie and pay horendous saleries for "hot air blowers" and don't rather want to pay for this that make the product. I know thats the current world right now..but with crypto also such things have the chance to change and get into a balance.
K~Ehleyr

Activity: 434

Ooh, shiny things!!

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 07:38:03 AM

First of all, that proposal was just an opinion survey on the question of whether a CMO should be hired.  It started out as being a plan to recruit a CMO but after the community expressed concerns at an unknown personality (the proposal owner) having the responsibility to recruit such an important role, the proposal was modified to become a simple survey.

Secondly, the proposal became redundant following indications from Core team that they already had plans to address the need for a marketing professional.  It was announced in the Q2 Core Team Call last week that Core is in the process of selecting a top international marketing firm.  To quote Dash Force News:

In Q3 of this year, Dash Core will pursue the hiring of a marketing firm. The idea of an official marketing branch has been a hotly debated subject in the community, and this move puts the question to rest.
customer73

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 12:26:26 PM

Proposal:
https://www.dashcentral.org/p/LietuvosRytasbasketballclubsupport

Now this men changes to nem. This men is an opportunist.
https://twitter.com/TonyGuoga/status/890811099821551617

No pain, no gain.
NibiruHybrid

Activity: 1204
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 01:13:15 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 03:23:44 PM by mprep

Business Integration Into Retail Sector of Ukraine

This proposal is thinking big and seems to have a good plan to get there.  They have teamed up with the vendor of 80% of the retail POS systems in Ukraine to provide integration of Bitcoin and Dash into real brick-and-mortar businesses, starting with restaurants.

Business Integration Into Retail Sector  Owner: sm  255 DASH ($90.80/D) $23,154 (added on 2017-05-11) Votes: 839 Yes / 149 No / 16 Abstain  Dash.org forum pre-proposal comments further discussion here.

solowhizkid

Activity: 494
Merit: 252

Warning: ICEBreaker on this Forum is a troll!

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 02:30:20 PM

Dash CEO: We’ve Had Nearly 2,000 Downloads on the Apple App Store in the first 2 days!

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/dash-ceo-weve-had-nearly-2000-downloads-on-the-apple-app-store/

#dash_force
NibiruHybrid

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 05:12:46 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 03:23:37 PM by mprep

The 3 Amigos Podcast Feat. Jeff Smith Dash Core Network Operations

On this weeks episode of the three amigos podcast we had special guest Jeff Smith Network Operations lead from the Dash Core team. It was a very lively podcast and we discussed a number of topical issues such as the Charlie Shrem Dash Pay Card proposal, Bitcoin Cash, MMA as well as bouncing off some fun advertising and marketing ideas for Dash. Enjoy, this was a great show!

We will hopefully be seeing alot more of Jeff on future podcasts.

The 3 amigos podcast takes place every Friday at 3pm EST / 8pm GMT.

If you haven’ t done so by now, can you please make sure you like and subscribe to the Dash Force News YouTube channel. Thank you to the Dash community for your continued support.

Red_Sanford

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 07:04:00 PM

Exactly. Most of the people who are putting forth these advertising proposals have their own best interests in mind. Not those of Dash

How many times have we seen .. "oh I will add dash payments to my website/platform.. and then they add other coins. Do you really think the other coins are paying for implementation ? By offering additional ways to pay they are only making their business more pliable and attractive.

TRAVELCHAIN
  Make a trip of your dreams!   
▄██▄███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▄██▄
▀██▀█████████▄░░░░░░░░░▄█████████▀██▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▄░░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
=
  SmartTravelling ecosystem 
[ Twitter ]   [ Facebook ]   [ Medium ]
▬▬▬  [ Website ]   [ Whitepaper ]  ▬▬▬
[ Instagram ]   [ Telegram ]   [ Youtube ]

NibiruHybrid

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 01:15:48 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 03:23:32 PM by mprep

Why Cryptocurrency Is About to Change Irreversibly - Dash Force News

Bitcoin is coming to a chain split. Every passing second brings us closer to the moment when a second coin, Bitcoin Cash, will diverge from the main chain, allowing all the big block originalists to have their way while the rest of users can have another way. However, this isn’t just a case of a new coin being made. Something unprecedented is happening that will change the whole landscape of the cryptocurrency universe, never to be the same again.

Bitcoin thrived on “originalism”

The one great selling point of Bitcoin is that it was the first. It had the vision for peer-to-peer money, it had solid design and proven use cases. In short, it worked. What Bitcoin did was debut a workable model for blockchain technology that was solid, practical, and, from a certain point of view, flawless. One reason why so many have been hesitant to deploy any major changes over the past near-decade of its existence has been the fear of upsetting the mystical balance of Satoshi’s perfection. In other words, “We got it right the first time, don’t mess it up with useless experiments.”

NibiruHybrid

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 03:14:04 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 03:23:26 PM by mprep

Dash News Weekly Recap - Dash Aerosports, Roger Ver, Bitcoin Cash, China & More

This is a repost of this weeks edition of the Dash Force News Weekly Recap video from our YouTube channel. This show is dedicated to keeping you up to date with Dash news highlights from the past week. Please like, share, comment and subscribe to our YouTube channel to keep up to date with the latest Dash news. Links to all the news stories mentioned in video are available below.

BossBee

Activity: 682
Merit: 540

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 05:00:51 PM

Dash can really position it self here to take advantage of this bitcoin fork. It looks like the original BTC is going towards the way of Digital Gold while Bitcoin Cash will be trying to play catch up to Dash, which it has little to no chance of. Being a Merchant I wouldn't put my trust behind a guy like Roger. He's an Ego maniac and control freak and gives off a bad vibe that I'm sure will continue to build up and emanate thru out his endeavors. 

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 05:10:10 PM

Yeah you guys are looking really smart right now, I dumped all my coins after they got stuck in the mixer and I had to ask for help. That was back at around a buck and it was still called DarkCoin. I should have realized that the prompt and effective response I got here was a big green flag. CHC is looking like it could take some DASH marketshare...
BossBee

Activity: 682
Merit: 540

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 10:38:11 PM

Yeah you guys are looking really smart right now, I dumped all my coins after they got stuck in the mixer and I had to ask for help. That was back at around a buck and it was still called DarkCoin. I should have realized that the prompt and effective response I got here was a big green flag. CHC is looking like it could take some DASH marketshare...

Your the guy that believes and started the flat earth thread right? Now your admitting you dumped dark coin at a $1 WOW your reputation is out standing.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
NibiruHybrid

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 01:17:46 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 03:23:20 PM by mprep

BlockCypher Proposal Review - Dash Force News

BlockCypher is a “middleware” software provider for the blockchain industry.  On the low level scary side you have the blockchain and software in C++ that runs it. This is foreign to your average web application developer that deals with html, css and php. From my experience it’s best to stay away from projects that make you have to worry about messing up someone’s money without a deep understanding of the integrations and a lot of security and testing.

In February of this year the core team decided to remedy this problem and began looking for an integration partner that could provide an API service that could provide solid easy-to-use hooks for consumer facing development projects to use.  After some research they contracted with BlockCypher and submitted these these two proposals to fund the work.

NibiruHybrid

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 05:22:15 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 03:23:13 PM by mprep

Zimbabwean Cryptocurrency Exchange BitcoinFundi Adds Dash Trading Pairs - Dash Force News

BitcoinFundi has added Dash trading pairs, making it the second African exchange to support Dash.

Zimbabwe-based cryptocurrency exchange BitcoinFundi recently expanded on its Bitcoin offerings to include other coins. There is now a Dash/USD trading pair, allowing users to buy Dash with US dollars, a widely-used currency in Zimbabwe. BitcoinFundi also added Litecoin support and a LTC/USD trading pair.

Dash’s growing support in Africa

NibiruHybrid

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 01:13:54 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 03:23:07 PM by mprep

Fighting Trolls Is Hard Work... And That's a Good Thing

Over the past many months I’ve spent countless hours on every online forum imaginable, fighting online trolls seeking to malign Dash. Let me tell you, it has rarely been fun, and has sometimes been downright exhausting and disheartening. There’s no way around it: fighting trolls is unpleasant and difficult work. But I wouldn’t have it any other way. The very nature of that struggle is why the defender will always win against the troll in the end.

Trolling is the easy way out

The very decision to employ a trolling strategy is an indicator of poor long-term viability. Why? Because it represents the easy path. Building a cryptocurrency from the ground up, creating its community member by member, is long and hard work. The choice to use trolling to malign the competition instead of beating them fair and square represents a decision to “cheat.” That mindset won’t be a winning one when the going gets rough, as it invariably will.

MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:26:28 PM

Dash Force News Webmaster Report Shows All-Time High Views Across Platforms

July was another incredibly successful month for the Dash Force News website. In July we had 128,629 site visits and just under 400,988 pages viewed (3.1 pages per
visit). In addition to this, all of the Dash Force News social media accounts continued to grow as well with our YouTube channel doubling its subscriber count, Facebook
now over 34K page likes and Twitter passing 1000 follower milestone.
https://www.dashforcenews.com/dash-force-news-webmaster-report-shows-time-high-views-across-platforms/

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
crypto research

Activity: 669
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:01:00 PM

Dash CEO: We’ve Had Nearly 2,000 Downloads on the Apple App Store in the first 2 days!

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/dash-ceo-weve-had-nearly-2000-downloads-on-the-apple-app-store/

#dash_force

Interestig.
Pages: « 1 ... 6359 6360 6361 6362 6363 6364 6365 6366 6367 6368 6369 6370 6371 6372 6373 6374 6375 6376 6377 6378 6379 6380 6381 6382 6383 6384 6385 6386 6387 6388 6389 6390 6391 6392 6393 6394 6395 6396 6397 6398 6399 6400 6401 6402 6403 6404 6405 6406 6407 6408 [6409] 6410 6411 6412 6413 6414 6415 6416 6417 6418 6419 6420 6421 6422 6423 6424 6425 6426 6427 6428 6429 6430 6431 6432 6433 6434 6435 6436 6437 6438 6439 6440 6441 6442 6443 6444 6445 6446 6447 6448 6449 6450 6451 6452 6453 6454 6455 6456 6457 6458 6459 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: