Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:15:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6464 6465 6466 6467 6468 6469 6470 6471 6472 6473 6474 6475 6476 6477 6478 6479 6480 6481 6482 6483 6484 6485 6486 6487 6488 6489 6490 6491 6492 6493 6494 6495 6496 6497 6498 6499 6500 6501 6502 6503 6504 6505 6506 6507 6508 6509 6510 6511 6512 6513 [6514] 6515 6516 6517 6518 6519 6520 6521 6522 6523 6524 6525 6526 6527 6528 6529 6530 6531 6532 6533 6534 6535 6536 6537 6538 6539 6540 6541 6542 6543 6544 6545 6546 6547 6548 6549 6550 6551 6552 6553 6554 6555 6556 6557 6558 6559 6560 6561 6562 6563 6564 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722517 times)
solowhizkid

Activity: 494
Merit: 252

Warning: ICEBreaker on this Forum is a troll!

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:03:49 AM

Dash expands to 10,000 retailers across Spain via Bitnovo partnership

https://www.econotimes.com/Dash-expands-to-10000-retailers-across-Spain-via-Bitnovo-partnership-1083018

#dash_force
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xsedivy

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:37:25 PM

Can you add SpectroCoin in the list of exchanges on dash.org? https://www.dash.org/exchanges/
It is not the biggest service, but they are EU based with 600k+ users. They also support few other crypto (BTC, ETH, XEM,...) and FIAT (EUR, USD, PLN etc.)
My verification took them just one day (in these days) and they also provide Card service - both virtual and plastic cards

Link (my referal) - https://spectrocoin.com/en/signup.html?referralId=945058529

on it

I can see it was already added, so thanks. Just one update - card service is no longer operational in EU. This is affecting pretty much every service like BitPay, Xapo, Wirex, TenX, Loadoo
NibiruHybrid

Activity: 1204
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:52:28 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2018, 02:40:34 PM by NibiruHybrid

More Cryptocurrency Debit Cards Cancelled by Issuer Due to Pressure by VISA

Several cryptocurrency debit cards have been cancelled due to a policy change by a major issuer.

Earlier today, TenX announced that its cards had been deactivated immediately due to its issue, WaveCrest Holdings:

espressodelisi

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:56:38 PM

Hello dashers!

I'm from Turkey and I'd like to add a Turkish Exchange which have DASH/TL (Turkish Lira) pairs.
https://koineks.com/

I send 1 dash to test them and I send the dash from my desktop wallet with zero fee and quickly it was on my account there.  I sold the dash and withdraw the TL money to my turkish bank account and it went without problems. For the last 2 months I'm using there to sell dash and get some TL. I do not sell much, I am mostly holder, only 0.5 or 1 dash at a time. But it's better to sell dash on poloniex, transfer the BTC to a turkish exchange and pay high BTC transfer fees,  and sell there for TL.

NibiruHybrid

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:58:43 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2018, 02:39:07 PM by NibiruHybrid

Top MMA Fighter Rory MacDonald Sponsored by Dash

The Dash Network has sponsored top MMA fighter Rory MacDonald, marking likely the largest cryptocurrency sponsorship of an athlete to date.

Rory MacDonald is one of the world’s top-ranked MMA fighters, currently competing at welterweight under the Bellator promotion. He holds a 19-4 record with wins over top UFC fighters including Demian Maia, Nate Diaz, BJ Penn, and others, including a win over dominant UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley. MacDonald put a proposal for funding of a $250,000 sponsorship before the Dash masternode network, which passed 899 Yes/233 No/8 Abstain.

According to MacDonald, his journey to cryptocurrency started with his coach, and he believes we will see significant inroads for Dash and cryptocurrency into the MMA world:

falsealarm_bf1

Activity: 124
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:00:07 PM

What's the potential impact from Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities to Masternodes running on VPS or Cloud platforms?

HORIZEN ►►► Bringing Privacy To Life | https://horizen.global/
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 10:09:15 PM

What's the potential impact from Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities to Masternodes running on VPS or Cloud platforms?

https://aws.amazon.com/security/security-bulletins/AWS-2018-013/

tldr; if you had coins in a Masternode hosted on shared VPS they're probably already gone (should have used a Dedicated Instance)

Too bad DashCore never got around to making Masternode blinding work.  Now Dash users have to worry about zombie Masternodes controlled by Spectre invading their privacy and stealing their coins. Undecided

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Bombardier

Activity: 588
Merit: 264

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:13:03 PM

tldr; if you had coins in a Masternode hosted on shared VPS they're probably already gone (should have used a Dedicated Instance)

I still have coins in a masternode that's hosted on shared vps. i'll let u know when are gone. stay tuned!
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 10:15:16 PM

I still have coins in a masternode that's hosted on shared vps. i'll let u know when are gone. stay tuned!

Proof?  Signed wallet and Masternode IP please (for 'research' purposes)! Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
solowhizkid

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:54:36 AM

Proof?  Signed wallet and Masternode IP please (for 'research' purposes)! Wink

For your info ICEBREAKER, DASH doesn't use hot wallet masternodes that are always online! stop spreading FUD around! Even if a "remote masternode" gets hacked (its a cold wallet) no actual funds are within the wallet, there elsewhere remote probably on the otherside of the world or even on a hardware device like trezor. Stop chatting crap! First learn how Dash's tech works before you start commenting:

solowhizkid

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:55:01 AM

How to Buy Dash Cryptocurrency?

https://www.profitconfidential.com/cryptocurrency/dash/how-to-buy-dash-cryptocurrency/

#dash_force
solowhizkid

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:21:51 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2018, 12:40:55 PM by solowhizkid

To those that are worried about the latest processor vulnerabilities:

1. Ignore ICEBREAKER, his just a troll spreading mischeif and does not know how tech works!
2. Even if its a dedicated / shared vps and it running either linux or windows you will eventually have to update your system to recieve the latest CVE patches.
3. On Linux you would run something like (when the patches are released)

> If you are running Centos / Redhat

Run these commands as the root user or sudo:

"yum update --disableexcludes=all update - y" (without quotes) this will ensure all packages including the kernel are updated even if they are packages defined as exclusions in /etc/yum.conf

> If you are running ubunutu:

"apt-get update"  -  To get updates
 "apt-get upgrade"  - To install them

4. For Windows, just go ahead and manually patch it, i am sure Microsoft will be dishing the updates out soon automatically, if you have automated patching runing, you wont see a difference to other updates that you would normally get, but if you patch manually, its best to go ahead and just search for updates ones there released from Microsoft and update.

Doing the above however will mean you have to restart your servers at some point as these are considered kernel patches and only take effect when the devices have been rebooted. Don't worry you wont lose your place on the masternodes so long as your server advertises its a masternode within an hour and you wont need to do a remote restart or anything from the masternode, just start up "dashd" again and you'll be in the payment queue within no time.

Providers such as AWS, Microsoft, Google, Rackspace and other hosting providers etc will all send out communication to those that are effected and give you guidance on how to mitigate and patch anyway so nothing to be worried about.

As mentioned earlier, ignore ICEBREAKER, his a troll! It clearly says it on the left hand side of all my posts just under my profile name Smiley
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:33:14 PM

Poor Icey, after all these years he is still trying to break the ice with us with all his cute (although somewhat lenghty  Undecided) copy and paste posts.

Just hang in there Icey, one day you will succeed and you will finally be part of our growing Dash community and actually feel the Dash feeling
that we all feel in here.....

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
NibiruHybrid

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:55:19 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2018, 02:39:23 PM by NibiruHybrid

Bitnovo Partnership Brings Dash to Thousands of Retailers in Spain

Bitnovo, a Spanish startup with several years in the cryptocurrency industry has announced the integration of Dash on its platform.

Bitnovo is a startup that allows it customers to purchase both Bitcoin and Dash cryptocurrencies safely, easily and quickly.

Bitnovo also offer debit cards for cryptocurrency, from traditional card with users data, to completely anonymous cards that don’t store user data, something really appreciated due its privacy.

ui_zakharchenko

Activity: 518
Merit: 325

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:11:53 PM

Support and resistance forming a symmetrical triangle may be a positive sign of a breakout. Seems to agree with a lot of the TA analysis done over the past few days.
https://www.tradingview.com/chart/DASHUSD/ubT84NYi-DASH-good-buy/
olympys

Activity: 266
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:25:08 PM

You know that you are holding something special if it's the only thing green in a sea of red. Dash has been my best investment to date. Just kicking myself for not buying more when it jumped to $150.
Red_Sanford

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:47:53 AM

Icebreaker do you have nothing better to do than troll this page everyday ? Your FUD just add's to the pages of our thread. You actually make it look like there is much more discussion and a much more active thread.

Thank You  !!

Grin

TRAVELCHAIN
  Make a trip of your dreams!   
▄██▄███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▄██▄
▀██▀█████████▄░░░░░░░░░▄█████████▀██▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▄░░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
=
  SmartTravelling ecosystem 
[ Twitter ]   [ Facebook ]   [ Medium ]
▬▬▬  [ Website ]   [ Whitepaper ]  ▬▬▬
[ Instagram ]   [ Telegram ]   [ Youtube ]

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:23:58 AM

Edge Wallet (formerly Airbitz) adds DASH

https://blog.edgesecure.co/edge-wallet-development-update-ad4221efe2f1
falsealarm_bf1

Activity: 124
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:38:10 AM

1. Ignore ICEBREAKER, his just a troll spreading mischeif and does not know how tech works!
2. Even if its a dedicated / shared vps and it running either linux or windows you will eventually have to update your system to recieve the latest CVE patches.

"yum update --disableexcludes=all update - y" (without quotes) this will ensure all packages including the kernel are updated even if they are packages defined as exclusions in /etc/yum.conf

4. For Windows, just go ahead and manually patch it, i am sure Microsoft will be dishing the updates out soon automatically, if you have automated patching runing, you wont see a difference to other updates that you would normally get, but if you patch manually, its best to go ahead and just search for updates ones there released from Microsoft and update.

Doing the above however will mean you have to restart your servers at some point as these are considered kernel patches and only take effect when the devices have been rebooted. Don't worry you wont lose your place on the masternodes so long as your server advertises its a masternode within an hour and you wont need to do a remote restart or anything from the masternode, just start up "dashd" again and you'll be in the payment queue within no time.

Providers such as AWS, Microsoft, Google, Rackspace and other hosting providers etc will all send out communication to those that are effected and give you guidance on how to mitigate and patch anyway so nothing to be worried about.

As mentioned earlier, ignore ICEBREAKER, his a troll! It clearly says it on the left hand side of all my posts just under my profile name Smiley

I don't think you thoroughly comprehend the issue. The vulnerability exists with the hardware, and cannot be fully remediated without hardware replacement. If you believe service providers such as AWS, Azure, etc. can complete the necessary hardware replacement within the next 6 to 12 months, that's naive at best. The replacement is a significant undertaking with extraneous costs, and past the cost factor, hardware vendors cannot even supply at the necessary levels to meet that type of demand. Software vendors will attempt to remediate within their realm/capabilities but each fix will be shortlived as new vulnerabilities are identified within the code identified. Believe me, in the short term, a significant amount effort will be invested in identifying new attack vectors to exploit this persistent vulnerability, by governments and other entities.
This means your coins as the masternode owner may be safe on the VPS or Cloud instance they are hosted on, but the transactions passing through will not be until the underlying hardware is replaced.

HORIZEN ►►► Bringing Privacy To Life | https://horizen.global/
solowhizkid

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:31:25 AM

I don't think you thoroughly comprehend the issue. The vulnerability exists with the hardware, and cannot be fully remediated without hardware replacement. If you believe service providers such as AWS, Azure, etc. can complete the necessary hardware replacement within the next 6 to 12 months, that's naive at best. The replacement is a significant undertaking with extraneous costs, and past the cost factor, hardware vendors cannot even supply at the necessary levels to meet that type of demand. Software vendors will attempt to remediate within their realm/capabilities but each fix will be shortlived as new vulnerabilities are identified within the code identified. Believe me, in the short term, a significant amount effort will be invested in identifying new attack vectors to exploit this persistent vulnerability, by governments and other entities.
This means your coins as the masternode owner may be safe on the VPS or Cloud instance they are hosted on, but the transactions passing through will not be until the underlying hardware is replaced.

On the phone right now writing this, but I fully comprehend the issue and am aware it's hardware related, yes in the short term they can " mitigate " this with software patches which will thus slow down performance, however masternodes are being compensated so they should be able to spec up a beefier server if need be. In the long term yes hardware will need to be replaced, but with digital solutions whether it be on a silicon chip or even software based there will always be flaws, bugs etc discovered, that's just a apart of life, after all its humans who are behind the tech and we all make mistakes Smiley unless ur ICEBREAKER of course.. Hehe his perfect! Sykes.
Pages: « 1 ... 6464 6465 6466 6467 6468 6469 6470 6471 6472 6473 6474 6475 6476 6477 6478 6479 6480 6481 6482 6483 6484 6485 6486 6487 6488 6489 6490 6491 6492 6493 6494 6495 6496 6497 6498 6499 6500 6501 6502 6503 6504 6505 6506 6507 6508 6509 6510 6511 6512 6513 [6514] 6515 6516 6517 6518 6519 6520 6521 6522 6523 6524 6525 6526 6527 6528 6529 6530 6531 6532 6533 6534 6535 6536 6537 6538 6539 6540 6541 6542 6543 6544 6545 6546 6547 6548 6549 6550 6551 6552 6553 6554 6555 6556 6557 6558 6559 6560 6561 6562 6563 6564 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: