Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:53:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 [466] 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722673 times)
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:29:07 AM

hi all....i don´t wanna be a hater or so, i don´t want to write something about the cpu coin scam in the first days/week...
i´m very intrested in the darkcoin features, but when i red about this KGW exploit and the new DGW, so i´m a bit
confused and i have a question!

the original kgw code is used without any problems by...

Megacoin   1 + (0.7084 * pow((double(PastBlocksMass)/double(144)), -1.228))   2.5 * 60   TimeDaySeconds * 0.25   TimeDaySeconds * 7

Anoncoin   1 + (0.7084 * pow((double(PastBlocksMass)/double(144)), -1.228))   3 * 60   TimeDaySeconds * 0.25   TimeDaySeconds * 7

Vertcoin   1 + (0.7084 * pow((double(PastBlocksMass)/double(144)), -1.228))   2.5 * 60   TimeDaySeconds * 0.25   TimeDaySeconds * 7

and others....

but darkcoin used this....

Darkcoin   1 + (0.7084 * pow((double(PastBlocksMass)/double(28.2)), -1.228))   2.5 * 60   TimeDaySeconds * 0.025   TimeDaySeconds * 7

...so was it a KGW problem generally or was it the own KGW interpretation of darkcoin, that made this exploit possible?

sorry for my english
greetings nbk

please can i get an answer before this question is gone in this huge thread?!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5670787#msg5670787
sippsnapp

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:29:38 AM

Hey solominers, am i the only one here having a very hard time since the hard fork?

Πάντα ῥεῖ
Bitcoin + Altcoin node pool setup - pm
P2PHash

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:38:30 AM

Updated to the new wallet and network! Now with Cryptsy price displayed Smiley
Address: drk.p2phash.com

P2Pool benefits:

* No registration required
* Distributed hashrate
* Immediate payouts after a block is found
* Higher payouts with transaction fees paid to miners
* No account hack possible

Fee: only 0.5%
Start mining within seconds! Just point your miner to p2phash.com:7903 and use the Darkcoin address from your wallet for username, the password doesn't matter.
HammerHedd

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 11:40:41 AM

Dont you think there's a risk of raising fears simply by pointing that out? Why even mention it? It might appear defensive if we emphasize how we dont condone a, b or c?

Darkcoin is more like electronic cash than Bitcoin - thats it.

If people could stop banging on about using it for dodgy activities that would be a start. Just shup up about your drugs - nobody cares what you do with your money. Thats the point.

Ok, that might be true.

Just frightening to think about  selling and buying humans, organs, drugs etc. with Darkcoin on the internet, not to mention all the scams that will be easily pulled off with Darkcoin.

I understand your concerns about the impression that anonymity is reltated to illegality. Yes, people who are doing things illegally prefer not to be traced - that is pretty clear to everyone.

What might not be so clear to everyone is that there are many other reason to remain anonymous. Do you shred your credit card statements, or just throw them away? Why is it better to shred them? Because people could use the information in something like that (or a bank statement) to steal your money or identity. Or to "buy meth".

A block chain is very close to being a credit card or bank statement - it is a list of transactions that you (and in the case of the blockchain, everyone else) have made.

A better question might be "Why wouldn't you want an anonymous blockchain?

DRK: XepkHLT2MYTXSFDc2muiGeA9eRzG6ytpSy       P2Pool: stratum+tcp://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net:7903
BTC: 1LVE3pFpAhSrHbiK5hAUWDeVrB5UrPXRkJ                    http://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net
HammerHedd

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 11:42:10 AM

Dont you think there's a risk of raising fears simply by pointing that out? Why even mention it? It might appear defensive if we emphasize how we dont condone a, b or c?

Darkcoin is more like electronic cash than Bitcoin - thats it.

If people could stop banging on about using it for dodgy activities that would be a start. Just shup up about your drugs - nobody cares what you do with your money. Thats the point.

Ok, that might be true.

Just frightening to think about  selling and buying humans, organs, drugs etc. with Darkcoin on the internet, not to mention all the scams that will be easily pulled off with Darkcoin.

Humans are scary. Old story.
Darkcoin is cash. What you do wit your cash is up to you.

The name DarkCoin already implies where it may be used best imo

That's entirely subjective. Darkness hides things and some things are not for the seeing.

Anonymity and darkness share this quality.

Some people are in fear of anonymity. To them it means lawlessness,  lack of accountability and anarchy. These people are ants.

We are grasshoppers.

+1 for having powerful kung fu

DRK: XepkHLT2MYTXSFDc2muiGeA9eRzG6ytpSy       P2Pool: stratum+tcp://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net:7903
BTC: 1LVE3pFpAhSrHbiK5hAUWDeVrB5UrPXRkJ                    http://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net
HammerHedd

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 11:47:29 AM

What is this all about?

people arguing about darkcoin on coindesk!!!!

It's a non-factual claim. The figure is about 2%. I honestly wish people could let the coins compete on the quality of their features & implementations rather than manufacturing FUD.

Yes, it's also sort of stupid to complain about having a somewhat larger supply up front - if you mine at the same rate the entire time, you will probably never reach critical trading mass in time for it to actually be useful. 2% is a reasonable amount to mine in the first few days so that there will be enough initial supply for everyone to have a part of it. More important is how it was mined: Everyone who wanted to mine at launch could - anyone, not just devs and their friends.

It makes a big difference. Even with the rapid mining at the beginning (which I might add was planned and announced), the distribution of coins was fair.

And for the record, I was about a week behind that, so I actually didn't benefit that much from the initial mining.

sippsnapp

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:54:05 AM

What is this all about?

It's a non-factual claim. The figure is about 2%. I honestly wish people could let the coins compete on the quality of their features & implementations rather than manufacturing FUD.

Yes, it's also sort of stupid to complain about having a somewhat larger supply up front - if you mine at the same rate the entire time, you will probably never reach critical trading mass in time for it to actually be useful. More important is how it was mined: Everyone who wanted to mine at launch could - anyone, not just devs and their friends.

It makes a big difference. Even with the rapid mining at the beginning (which I might add was planned and announced), the distribution of coins was fair.

Hehe, the only reason i missed that out was i ignored all alt cryptos till i found darkcoin for a fluke a week ago when the major mining was already done.

However i jumped in directly when i recognized it and was still able to solomine some blocks what gets very tough now.

I just wonder why the distribution has to be so over-proportional in the beginning, well its done now but we could argue about this very much.

We have to arrange with that, its by far no reason to insta quit, for this the coin has too much innovation.

Πάντα ῥεῖ
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:56:26 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 12:06:42 PM by tifozi

The only problem with DarkCoin is that it is getting lost here in this sea of shit/scam/clone coins. It is a very hard mud to come out of, not to mention that early adopters of BTC do not entertain the thought of a #2 and for obvious psychological reasons.

Also each altcoin thread has their own set of diehards, so the story of FUD and FUD defence is common for every alt Sad I'd say don't worry about it too much.

I think short term, a one/two page DGW article/paper would be neat! Throw in chaeplin's pretty graphs and it would surely get a lot more recognition.

Edit, I did my part today  Grin

sippsnapp

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:01:22 PM

The only problem with DarkCoin is that it is getting lost here in this sea of shit/scam/clone coins. It is a very hard mud to come out of, not to mention that early adopters of BTC do not entertain the thought of a #2 and for obvious psychological reasons.

Also each altcoin thread has their own set of diehards, so the story of FUD and FUD defence is common for every alt Sad I'd say don't worry about it too much.

I think short term, a one/two page DGW article/paper would be neat! Throw in chaeplin's pretty graphs and it would surely get a lot more recognition.

Maybe im one of those old guys, lol. Indeed, i ignored ALL altcoins till about a week ago when i recognized dark, for the simple reason they had no real innovation - just plain forks (sloppy launched, planned, coded and maintained) with some cosmetics but no real value - this is different with dark in my opinion right now.

Πάντα ῥεῖ
AltCoinSpeculation

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:03:26 PM

Great coin, great future,
it could do with a few more press articles perhaps, i'll look into it
tw0r

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:10:19 PM

What I like about this coin is, that the marketing will start when darksend works smoothly. So you can expect more value in the future...
What I like about this coin (personal view) -
* It brings innovation x 3 and counting... (x11, DarkSend, DGW) whereas most alts are pure copycats
* It has an actual person standing behind it whereas most alts devs hide (makes it easier to dump & run)
* It has a full-time dev whereas most alt devs rolled-out the coin, and just let it be...
* It solves a real need, whereas most alts solve nothing beyond what Bitcoin already provides.
* Devs DO rather than TALK, whereas most alts are marketing pumpers
* Devs listen to the community, whereas in most alts devs wouldn't care less.
* The community is genuine long-term believers, whereas in most alts if the coin jumps everyone dumps.

+ 1

I put this post to information about my rigs on LeaseRig.net - Why am I mining DarkCoin? Because of this reasons.

Let's color the MOON: Y9o4ck6cAb1M8hzZrgd2L2uaJnNJcVp284
sippsnapp

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:17:08 PM

What I like about this coin is, that the marketing will start when darksend works smoothly. So you can expect more value in the future...
* It brings innovation x 3 and counting... (x11, DarkSend, DGW) whereas most alts are pure copycats
* It has an actual person standing behind it whereas most alts devs hide (makes it easier to dump & run)
* It has a full-time dev whereas most alt devs rolled-out the coin, and just let it be...
* It solves a real need, whereas most alts solve nothing beyond what Bitcoin already provides.
* The community is genuine long-term believers, whereas in most alts if the coin jumps everyone dumps.

+ 1

+1, couldn’t agree more.

Πάντα ῥεῖ
Madychoux

Activity: 212

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:17:29 PM

+ 1

+ 1, Community of believers who mine because they trust this coin future and not in immediat profitability.
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:19:23 PM

Maybe im one of those old guys, lol. Indeed, i ignored ALL altcoins till about a week ago when i recognized dark, for the simple reason they had no real innovation - just plain forks (sloppy launched, planned, coded and maintained) with some cosmetics but no real value - this is different with dark in my opinion right now.

LOL @ "old guy"  Cheesy

Welcome onboard. What kind of hashpower do you have, I am guessing very high for you to be able to solo mine. As the difficulty has now been settling above 300, not sure if solo mining is the way to go. You could setup a p2pool though (very easy!) or use one of the existing ones for a flavor similar to solo mine.
sippsnapp

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:23:21 PM

LOL @ "old guy"  Cheesy

Welcome onboard. What kind of hashpower do you have, I am guessing very high for you to be able to solo mine. As the difficulty has now been settling above 300, not sure if solo mining is the way to go. You could setup a p2pool though (very easy!) or use one of the existing ones for a flavor similar to solo mine.

See my sig ^^.
Indeed im about to switch completely from solo to pooled mining if my success rate stays so low solomining. Later this week i add a bit hahsrate, not sure f still mining solo till then.

Πάντα ῥεῖ
sippsnapp

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:25:13 PM

LOL @ "old guy"  Cheesy

See my sig ^^.
Indeed im about to switch completely from solo to pooled mining if my success rate stays so low solomining. Later this week i add a bit hahsrate, not sure f still mining solo till then.
Anyways, when i quit solo ill def go 100% P2Pool.

Πάντα ῥεῖ
dark-sailor

Activity: 275

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:32:12 PM

Hi all
Can't understand why people are not jumping on this coin before darksand is complete ( not gunna b this price for long). Got a spot on dev who is constantly updating and active. Am I missing something or am I jumping the gun. This is the reason btc took of so well people thinking it was untraceable but now we find out it is. If half the people who don't want no one seeing there transactions from btc jump to dark  ( which is quiet a few people I reckon) we should see dark explode.. Am I missing something
Madychoux

Activity: 212

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:36:31 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 12:54:14 PM by Madychoux

Hi all
Can't understand why people are not jumping on this coin before darksand is complete ( not gunna b this price for long). Got a spot on dev who is constantly updating and active. Am I missing something or am I jumping the gun. This is the reason btc took of so well people thinking it was untraceable but now we find out it is. If half the people who don't want no one seeing there transactions from btc jump to dark  ( which is quiet a few people I reckon) we should see dark explode.. Am I missing something

Don't say that too loud  Cheesy
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 01:14:27 PM

What is this all about?

It's a non-factual claim. None were premined -- that's 0.00%. It was a fair launch and like many cryptos, early adopters enjoyed lower mining difficulty. The amount mined in the first 24h is about 2% the 84M max. I honestly wish people could let the coins compete on the quality of their features & implementations rather than manufacturing FUD.
The ONLY thing about DRK that prevents much higher prices is due to what you just said.

Current coin supply is less than 4 million DRK. 2% of 84 million is...
1.6 million, so in the first week probably 80% of the DRK was mined
No premine, but certainly a small number of people have this 80%

I have no problems with people that were smart enough and lucky enough to have mined the first 80%. Just dont keep promoting it as no-premine. It is technically true, but from a practical standpoint misleading and is an attack vector for credible complaints.

So a small number of people now have $2 million USD worth of DRK and they continue to cash out. Based on total volumes traded, there is still a long ways to go before even $1 million of that is sold.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:24:35 PM

What would you suggest, the people who mined the first week should sell most of their coins so the price goes down and everyone else can buy cheap, and then it will rise to new heights?
Pages: « 1 ... 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 [466] 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: