Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 12:21:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 [649] 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722708 times)
salmion

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:43:02 PM

compensation ........ 200k dark redistribution will crash your coin... you have bigger problems then.

I need you to explain to me why drk shouldnt do this... you all voted to enrich yourselves by cutting 88m to 22m.... naughty naughty. Time for another vote.

Compensation for who? Oh not for kind, sweet you? For those who missed out?
Shame. Life is tough.

I missed out. But I'm mining Darkcoin now. Why? the price is stable. So there is no need to dump.
Sorry if you or your friends missed out.

I'd like to claim compensation for not being able to mine bitcoin a few years ago. Instamine.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:43:54 PM

Don't even reply to cryptohunter like he's a real person -> troll Deeeluxe.

His old signature: BEECOIN LOOKS LIKE THE FAIREST COIN YET     

My fav is how he says "see you in a few hours", but never leaves the thread

Yes i support all fair coins sadly i can't put them all in my sig. Wish i could put drk in there but sadly that's just not possible

ok well unless i get a better suggestion i will be out lining this suggestion in the main section and collecting signatures Smiley

i wonder how many i will get?

Well, as someone who came here two months late and bought a bunch of coins with BTC and now I'm mining at a loss, I couldn't give a shit. Here is why:

Shit happens.

This is the other reason why.

Evan and the volunteers that keep this show on the road, and with such tremendous potential, are nothing more to me than a great start-up team. Start-ups and those that support them over the longer-term, rather than those that randomly mine a new coin and walking away after a day or two, deserve as much if not more than anyone else.

The airdrop was my suggestion, but then it seems to have morphed into something else, which has since morphed into blackmail.

Go out and find another project that has the potential to beat Litecoin. There are few if any.

Just having a few coins at the moment can make people a lot of money. That is enough for me as Johnny-come-lately.

I hope Evan gets filthy rich. If he does, we all make some money as well.

"shit happens"  - i will quote that i like it....  

anyway that was just an idea but now i'm part of the dark community i'd like to polish the image up a bit.... i'm just thinking of the best way to do it.

well i guess it will all just come down to a vote on the main section in the end.  Let's see what happens. Petitions can hold a lot of sway once they get going.

TanteStefana

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:44:12 PM

hi there,

i stumbled over drk about half an hour ago,
and thinking about giving it a try.

found this thread, but 600+ pages is to much.

can someone give me a short update?

i came as far as:
-op is/was thinking about a name-change
-some kind of premine(?) happend during the first 24 h

is that all, or did i miss something important?

OMG, what a day to discover us!  I'm ready to pull out the last of the few strands of hair that I have, lol.

I'd read this to get up to date on the early mining issues:
https://www.darkcointalk.org/threads/the-birth-of-darkcoin.162/

And regarding the name, some people feel that using the word "dark" gives bad connotations.  Others feel it just reflects that you can keep others "in the dark" regarding your private account information, that it reflects privacy.  We've gone over this a thousand times and there are a few points brought up.

1.  Changing the name now kills all the past brand recognition, and we'd have to get people to know us by a new name.  It would be confusing and we could loose potential market, setting us way back (3 months of people finding out about us, and knowing us by "Darkcoin")

2. If we don't change the name, we'll always be thought of as a coin for nefarious purposes.

3. We've also spent community coin to pay for designing a new logo, etc.. plus people have bought websites and created content based on the Darkcoin name.

Frankly, my brain hurts right now, LOL, I'm sure there were other issues, but those are what I remember at the moment....

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Propulsion

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:45:06 PM

Also there is someone in Germany who is having difficulties syncing the wallet.
https://www.darkcointalk.org/threads/wallet-v0-10-2-0-wrong-date-and-time-settings-no-sync-after-block-46226.222/#post-1475

Instead of being non productive, maybe someone knows how to address his problem?
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:46:04 PM

It's not happening because it would be the absolute wrong thing to do.  You would hurt everybody and help nobody, even those who think they'd be getting something for nothing, because you'd kill the coin.

what do you suggest? i am open to alternatives.

Seriously?  Get a clue.

Ok noted.... let's let some smarter people digest the idea first... then the community at large (the alt community not the darkcoin community) get's to decide. I'll return in a bit see how you guys are all doing in here. Nice community friendly types i like it. Will be sticking around.

Seriously?  That's like the rudest I've ever been to someone?  LOL

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:49:50 PM

The point of them is to make it very expensive to acquire them. Imagine the following:

A:
- User asks "Should I create a masternode?"
- it costs $XXX, they would earn $X.XX/day. That's X days till they earn 100% of their investment.
- User buys 1000 DRK, creates masternode
- Price goes higher, 1000DRK gets pulled out of the supply
- Go to A

This is a feedback loop that I'm creating. We should add masternodes until the price goes really high and it's too expensive to buy the darkcoin to start a masternode.  

Let's say after the feedback loop completes the price of Darkcoin is $5 and we have 1200 nodes. At that point we have six million dollar in masternodes, to gain 50% of the network to do an attack would probably cost much more than six million dollars, so it's not possible anymore.

The other problem is all nodes need to keep a list of all of the masternodes. We want a bunch, but we don't want more than 10k probably. If the requirement is too low we'll end up with a bunch of network traffic from all of the discovery chatter.

But the main point, the real reason to make master node expensive is so that an entity, such as a government, or such would find it difficult to gain control of enough of the network to compromise the system, right?  If it were too cheap, it would be too easy for someone with enough resources to get control of the network.

In your last statement, "The other problem is all nodes need to keep a list of all of the masternodes. We want a bunch, but we don't want more than 10k probably. If the requirement is too low we'll end up with a bunch of network traffic from all of the discovery chatter. " does that mean that a person running a master node must register so the nodes can find them?

To start a masternode all you do is send 1000DRK to an address on that daemon and then add "masternode=" to the config. While running the client will know it's a masternode and ping the network saying that it's still available every few minutes. If we have 100 nodes, that 100 messages every few minutes.

oh ok, I get it Smiley

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:50:32 PM

It's not happening because it would be the absolute wrong thing to do.  You would hurt everybody and help nobody, even those who think they'd be getting something for nothing, because you'd kill the coin.

Seriously?  Get a clue.

Ok noted.... let's let some smarter people digest the idea first... then the community at large (the alt community not the darkcoin community) get's to decide. I'll return in a bit see how you guys are all doing in here. Nice community friendly types i like it. Will be sticking around.

Oh i'll get more out of you yet you're just getting warmed up... wait for the petition to kick off.. i'll be drumming up support in here too as well as the main section and numerous communities.... plenty from vert will be signing up i feel..

can i count on your support for the 200k redistribution? it seems you are sort of considering it?

TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:55:28 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 05:16:50 PM by TanteStefana

hehe no not at all.

they released it with no windows qt so only a few people could mine, then sadly the diff got jammed on super low for the first day so those few  mined up 12.5% of the current minting, then they voted to make that 12.5% into 50% to screw everyone else harder.

thats the simple version

yes, there was a mining problem the first day or so

However, the reduction in coin won't even take effect until January next year.  It was done because the community wanted to have a more definite limit to how many coins would be minted.

RE the "instamine"  I hold that it isn't an issue because those coins were pretty much all sold off, and the price of dark has remained low since the beginning, which has been the best thing, because everyone has and still can buy darkcoin at a very cheap price, even if they never heard  of Darkcoin until today.  Also, this way, people don't have to be miners to collect coins, so our community is made up of a lot of people who don't mine, which makes for a better distribution of coins in my opinion.  

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
mahowi

Activity: 142

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:58:48 PM

Also there is someone in Germany who is having difficulties syncing the wallet.
https://www.darkcointalk.org/threads/wallet-v0-10-2-0-wrong-date-and-time-settings-no-sync-after-block-46226.222/#post-1475

Instead of being non productive, maybe someone knows how to address his problem?

Thanks, Propulsion.  Smiley

I've tried to post it here two times but it got lost in this name change / pre-mine / troll-feeding posts.

tl;dr: latest beta wallet (v0.10.2.0) still doesn't sync after block 46226.

DRK: Xeojbw5gDNtvCbUK7VXaDqfyNU29ahqavB
BTC: 1K5hJ1wiRJ9mAWwn9pLzjst18jTa1benHT
LTC: LiUgyndo4sibahGEyuw8ymphciaq7tbS9a
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:59:08 PM

Tante, just ignore him, he can't put forth any good argument and is trolling this thread.

I put him on ignore and the last page shrunk to 1/4 the length.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:59:26 PM

Seriously?  Get a clue.

Oh i'll get more out of you yet you're just getting warmed up... wait for the petition to kick off.. i'll be drumming up support in here too as well as the main section and numerous communities.... plenty from vert will be signing up i feel..

can i count on your support for the 200k redistribution? it seems you are sort of considering it?

LOL, you are funny!  Cute!  Good bye Smiley

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:59:58 PM

Just discussion about a name change, nothing more.  I would be shocked if it actually happened.

There was no pre-mine.  A pre-mine is when the coin is mined by devs or select individuals before it is released to the general public.  That is NOT what happened with DRK - it was simply opened to the public and the first people to mine it mined quite a bit of it because there weren't a lot of others mining.  That's the simplified version.

hehe no not at all.

they released it with no windows qt so only a few people could mine, then sadly the diff got jammed on super low for the first day so those few  mined up 12.5% of the current minting, then they voted to make that 12.5% into 50% to screw everyone else harder.

thats the simple version

yes, there was a mining problem the first day or so

However, the reduction in coin won't even take effect until January next year.  It was done because the community wanted to have a more definite limit to how many coins would be minted.

RE the "instamine"  I hold that it isn't an issue because those coins were pretty much all sold off, and the price of dark has remained low since the beginning, which has been the best thing, because everyone has and still can buy darkcoin at a very cheap price, even if they never heard  of Darkcoin until today.  Also, this way, people don't have to be miners to collect coins, so our community is made up of a lot of people who don't mine, which makes for a better distribution of coins in my opinion. 
[/quote]

you cut from 88M to 22M to establish a definite limit..... i see - makes sense now. Sorry for doubting you all. .... sorry guys i'm just easily confused.

Petition cancelled.

TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 05:00:41 PM

Tante, just ignore him, he can't put forth any good argument and is trolling this thread.

LOL, I just did, but wow, even other trolls make sense!  LOL

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 05:03:33 PM

LOL, I just did, but wow, even other trolls make sense!  LOL

I find it much easier to put everyone on ignore apart from you. I get a great summary once a day of the most important things.

You is like the news lady. Grin
key00

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 05:04:07 PM

My wallet is stuck and won't sync, it gets locked up at 43 hours behind.

-I have opened and closed my wallet multiple times
-I have deleted all everything but the wallet.dat and started to sync, but again it gets stuck at 43 hours behind.
-I have 7 active connections to the darkcoin network

Suggestions?
mattmct

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 05:06:06 PM

Crazy crazy day for Darkcoin!  Shows nothing should be jumped into without being thought out first, even the idea can cause a huge reaction.

I think that Airdrop thread should be deleted and forgotten about.

I'm not sure why we're drawing attention to flaws, ie, that it was "super mined" in 24 hours due to an error, ..doesn't sound good.  But if we're all about being open and honest, then sure mention it, but be sure to also mention that the coins have already been dumped and redistributed!

Turn the negative into something less negative.  The majority of the coins have been added back to the market places and divided up between buyers / investors.  No one person is sitting on a huge pile, it wasn't a pre-mine.  This has be be highlighed.  It seems newbies just keep clinging to this notion.

When bitcoin was first released, very few were mining, ..many coins between very few.  Years down the line, that's hardly a thought for people.  ... Lets move on already.

Side note:  Good to see DRK price has mostly stabilized.

Lets get some good DarkSend news, that's what we all want!
droptable

Activity: 363

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 05:07:05 PM

hi there,

OMG, what a day to discover us!  I'm ready to pull out the last of the few strands of hair that I have, lol.

The night is always darkest bevore the dawn.
;-)

DΛRKCOIN -> is now -> DΛSH
----------
not DashCoin, not DarkDash, not anything. The Name has been / is changed the tech stays the same
mattmct

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 05:09:16 PM

-I have deleted all everything but the wallet.dat and started to sync, but again it gets stuck at 43 hours behind.

Suggestions?

Get latest client. I hadn't run mine in 6 days or so.  It zoomed through the first lot, then got stuck for 5-10mins.  Did u try just waiting before you tried anything?  Mine got stuck, then seems to clear its self.
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 05:12:11 PM

Crazy crazy day for Darkcoin!  Shows nothing should be jumped into without being thought out first, even the idea can cause a huge reaction.

I think that Airdrop thread should be deleted and forgotten about.

I'm not sure why we're drawing attention to flaws, ie, that it was super mined in 24 hours due to an error, ..doesn't sound good.  But if we're all about being open and honest, then sure mention it, but be sure to also mention that the coins have already been dumped and redistributed!

Turn the negative into something less negative.  The majority of the coins have been added back to the market places and divided up between buyers / investors.  No one person is sitting on a huge pile, it wasn't a pre-mine.  This has be be highlighed.  It seems newbies just keep clinging to this notion.

When bitcoin was first released, very few were mining, ..many coins between very few.  Years down the line, that's hardly a thought for people.  ... Lets move on already.

Side note:  Good to see DRK price has mostly stabilized.

Lets get some good DarkSend news, that's what we all want!

No doubt, I woke up this morning and thought I was still in a dream. Serious discussion of air drops, sister coins, and another name change. Head explosion.

I'm glad all that crap got killed soon after it was suggested and the price was restored.

Maybe tomorrow I'll wake up to a fully functioning DarkSend and regain some hair I lost this morning.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
mahowi

Activity: 142

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 05:13:14 PM

Suggestions?

Get latest client. I hadn't run mine in 6 days or so.  It zoomed through the first lot, then got stuck for 5-10mins.  Did u try just waiting before you tried anything?  Mine got stuck, then seems to clear its self.

Same problem here with latest client. Waiting now for 2 hours but still no sync after block 46226.

DRK: Xeojbw5gDNtvCbUK7VXaDqfyNU29ahqavB
BTC: 1K5hJ1wiRJ9mAWwn9pLzjst18jTa1benHT
LTC: LiUgyndo4sibahGEyuw8ymphciaq7tbS9a
Pages: « 1 ... 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 [649] 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: