Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:33:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 [862] 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722550 times)
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:34:06 PM

Dark Wallet article in Wired Magazine:

‘Dark Wallet’ Is About to Make Bitcoin Money Laundering Easier Than Ever

http://www.wired.com/2014/04/dark-wallet/?mbid=social_fb

Was this kid really so stupid as to say this?

"Wilson described his intentions for Dark Wallet more directly: “It’s just money laundering software.”" about dark wallet?

Do people really not understand privacy?  We have given up so much of our privacy that nobody values what it gives us anymore!  My family posts pictures of me on the internet and then tags them with my name, and sees nothing wrong with that!  My old work took a picture of me without my permission, in fact I told them not to, and still stuck a picture of me on the internet.

There is no respect for personal privacy anymore!  It just amazes me!

I know what you mean, drives me nuts being surveilled at all times. Luckily I have a godlike body and an ugly face, so anyone taking my picture usually crops my head out of the shot.  Grin
Wh1teKn1ght

Activity: 339
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:35:52 PM

out of curiousity, is there any chance in reducing the block time for 2.5mins? There are alot of coins that have much faster block times now which would lend to be better accepted as a currency for every day purchases in the future.
No. This is wrong and people shouldn't practice it. Bitcoin is fine with 10 minute block as well.

why is this wrong. The 10-minute block times that BTC has make it unusable as an everyday currency, no? Who wants to wait that long for an in-store purchase and such? At least DRK's block times are alot lower, but still 2.5mins could be a long time to wait if used as a currency for day-to-day purchases.
lovelyrice

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:41:40 PM

Darkcoin is the only coin besides Bitcoin that I've ever bought. Hope to use these to buy goods from retail stores online etc, excited!!
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:53:04 PM

Dumb question if someone can help: How can one verify that they sent money to someone if its anonymous?  Is there a way of overcoming this or are there various sending methods?  Anon payments are great but tracked payments have their place as well.

If you own a shop, you can have an address assigned to each client like the exchanges do (you'll know that your client sent the money, but you'll not know from what wallet). And if you are neither the client nor the seller, you don't have to track payments in the first place.  Smiley
Kai Proctor

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:00:36 PM

out of curiousity, is there any chance in reducing the block time for 2.5mins? There are alot of coins that have much faster block times now which would lend to be better accepted as a currency for every day purchases in the future.
No. This is wrong and people shouldn't practice it. Bitcoin is fine with 10 minute block as well.

why is this wrong. The 10-minute block times that BTC has make it unusable as an everyday currency, no? Who wants to wait that long for an in-store purchase and such? At least DRK's block times are alot lower, but still 2.5mins could be a long time to wait if used as a currency for day-to-day purchases.

The time to process a credit card payment can be much longer.
Wh1teKn1ght

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:11:22 PM

not sure where you shop, but usually the credit card processes in 30secs or less where I shop.
TingCoin

Activity: 720

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:23:18 PM

Ok, I tried my hand at a flow chart again.  I'm not sure this is accurate, but I think it works this way ??  Cheesy

If this chart is indeed correct, it's very good. Nice and easy to understand.

Darkcoin is the only coin besides Bitcoin that I've ever bought. Hope to use these to buy goods from retail stores online etc, excited!!
Same here mate. Well, I lie. But Darkcoin was what got me interested in altcoins in the first place. It's what got me mining and trading them, and all of my profits get traded for Darkcoin Smiley.

Any posts from me that were posted in Russian were NOT from me. A cykablyat obtained my forum login details when they were leaked, I was inactive from the forum at that time.
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:31:17 PM

not sure where you shop, but usually the credit card processes in 30secs or less where I shop.

You are missing something, the payment processors play a role. It is instantaneous for the customer to pay and take his goods, but then the merchant has to wait for VISA/Mastercard/Amex etc for the payment to clear in his bank account and that can take a couple of days. So basically Crypto payment processing companies will come up that will do the waiting to ensure customer and merchant get their stuff right away and charge a fee for the  service.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:34:33 PM

Anyone having problems with stratum? Mining stopped, restarted, but official pool is not reporting correct hashrate

Slight hickup, back to normal
TanteStefana

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:38:12 PM

you can see that the recipient has got it, they can see they've got it from you, everyone else is kept in the dark unless they have access to your wallet or the recipients wallet, in which case you're screwed anyway.
Are you sure???
Can I get a confirmation on this - that sender receiver CAN SEE the transaction details (i.e. from what address it originated)?
If so, imho it has HUGE implications on privacy breach...

I kept trying to getbalane in my wallet, but I was wrong, that only gives you information in one of your own wallet balance.  When you make a payment, you can send in an email the transaction id, or TXID number to show the transaction.  They will get the funds and have a record as well.  They wouldn't know the send address from another anyway, they just know they received funds, you can quote the TXID, but you won't know exactly which address in there is yours either, but you can see the funds going into their account, I just double checked that.

Sorry for any confusion I caused by my misunderstanding of getbalance.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Kai Proctor

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:40:12 PM

If you pay attention, often the payment is not yet validated when you receive the first email after checkout, a second email is sent minutes later to confirm the payment.

You are missing something, the payment processors play a role. It is instantaneous for the customer to pay and take his goods, but then the merchant has to wait for VISA/Mastercard/Amex etc for the payment to clear in his bank account and that can take a couple of days. So basically Crypto payment processing companies will come up that will do the waiting to ensure customer and merchant get their stuff right away and charge a fee for the  service.

+1
Wh1teKn1ght

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:46:31 PM

If you pay attention, often the payment is not yet validated when you receive the first email after checkout, a second email is sent minutes later to confirm the payment.

+1

ok guys, fair enough, thanks for the explanation!
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:48:47 PM

........cut......
Darkcoin is not a meme coin, an animal coin, a country shitcoin or whatever the hell coin that nobody cares to attack it. It has a target painted on its back because it threatens the establishment's ability to conduct surveillance on money flows. As such we can bet that the NSA has already X11 ASICs ordered to be ahead of the game. It would be highly unlikely that with their multi-billion $$$ budget they would not have taken such a step.

The question is this: Do we want only NSA to have X11 asics and be able to 51% attack it at any time (or get the bulk of the issued new coins to use them for Darksend nodes), or is it more desirable to have a level playing field?

You can't have a bitcoin-killer that isn't secure or that has a potential security threat due to mismatched level of mining equipment between the adopters and some agency that has orders to destroy the currency, or cast shadows of doubt in its usability.

Ok, I like to mine DRK too with my GPUs but I'd take an ASIC-secured network anyday over me having my GPU to get my 1 DRK vs knowing the NSA has ASICs ready to make my GPU-mined DRKs worthless, along with the entire network.

99% of the coins out there pose no threat to the establishment and as such can toy around with cpus and gpus, knowing that nobody will attack them. Darkcoin doesn't have that kind of luxury. It will need all the hashpower it can get.

Although I agree, when ASICs are made, and they will be made, we need to go with the flow.  However, just to relieve your fears a bit, no governmental institution is going to be faster than the market.  It takes too long to get approval for the idea, requisition the funds, and by then someone will already have come out with the product.

I doubt anyone of power in the government even knows about Darkcoin, they are fixated on Darkwallet, which will fall due to infiltration of the browser before they realize we exist.  By then it will be too late.

However, being on our toes, and one step ahead is prudent.  This is a place the Government should NOT be spending my tax dollars on.  Privacy is a fundamental human right.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:56:43 PM

why  x11  is good  than other ?

save  power ?

It is as good as other algorithms as they are not brokenable for the time being using existing technology.

X11 can be implemented with ASCII as well. The reason that there is no ASCII for X11 is that this market is too small to be profitable for ASCII manufacturers.

Power saving just means the GPU is not optimised enough to make full use of the processors.

Yes, the developer has always expected ASICs will come along eventually, but the idea was that the coin needed to grow a network first, so first there was cpu, then gpu and eventually asics and beyond??  That way, the hash power could grow more naturally.

What we really need is someone who will look into the GPU miner coding and see if there are optimizations that are possible.  Because it would not be good if others have an optimized miner, while everyone else doesn't.  It makes the network unstable (easier to do a 51% attack) so I really wish someone could look at the code!  I know Even wants to but he's too busy.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Simcom

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:59:10 PM

why  x11  is good  than other ?

save  power ?

It is as good as other algorithms as they are not brokenable for the time being using existing technology.

X11 can be implemented with ASCII as well. The reason that there is no ASCII for X11 is that this market is too small to be profitable for ASCII manufacturers.

Power saving just means the GPU is not optimised enough to make full use of the processors.

Yes, the developer has always expected ASICs will come along eventually, but the idea was that the coin needed to grow a network first, so first there was cpu, then gpu and eventually asics and beyond??  That way, the hash power could grow more naturally.

What we really need is someone who will look into the GPU miner coding and see if there are optimizations that are possible.  Because it would not be good if others have an optimized miner, while everyone else doesn't.  It makes the network unstable (easier to do a 51% attack) so I really wish someone could look at the code!  I know Even wants to but he's too busy.

I bet a lot of people are trying to optimize the miner behind the scenes, because there is such a huge profit motive.  If they were successful they could try to contact big farms and license out the improved miner.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:01:27 PM

Although I agree, when ASICs are made, and they will be made, we need to go with the flow.  However, just to relieve your fears a bit, no governmental institution is going to be faster than the market.  It takes too long to get approval for the idea, requisition the funds, and by then someone will already have come out with the product.

I doubt anyone of power in the government even knows about Darkcoin, they are fixated on Darkwallet, which will fall due to infiltration of the browser before they realize we exist.  By then it will be too late.

With respect, while you might be right about the government, it's unwise to underestimate the Company...  Tongue  

Langley runs the circus, not Washington.
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:02:50 PM

Since the NSA budget is effectively limitless,  a few regular Joes having ASICs is going to make no difference. The only way of keeping the network decentralised is currently by having many millions of CPU/GPU miners out there. We can't outspend them, but we do outnumber them.

If someone builds an ASIC for X11, hardfork the code and push out a client update. In fact since we have no direct way of knowing if someone has X11 ASICs, (although the nethash and diff would provide clues) a regular code change and client update would be a good idea.

They still have to fight for their budget and I suspect it's gonna get harder for them after November, plus they're a Bureaucracy.  Never underestimate the inefficiency of a Bureaucracy.  But again, just trying to relieve fears, I believe being as prudent as we can be is a good idea.

Even so, for someone like myself, I'm not fighting any big fight other than personal privacy, so if the IRS saw my finances, I wouldn't be as freaked out as if someone else did, because I am pretty sure the IRS won't put my info up on the web for all to see.

On the other hand, they might harass me due to the fact that I'm here.  I just hope Darkcoin makes me rich enough to harass them back if they do, LOL.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:05:37 PM

Even so, for someone like myself, I'm not fighting any big fight other than personal privacy, so if the IRS saw my finances, I wouldn't be as freaked out as if someone else did, because I am pretty sure the IRS won't put my info up on the web for all to see.

Wow, I'm just realizing how stupid I can be......... LOL

They already have everything about me on the internet, LOL  Tongue

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
omahapoker

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:08:22 PM

I got DRK for the first time today. i'm in for the long haul
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:10:15 PM

Wow, I'm just realizing how stupid I can be......... LOL

They already have everything about me on the internet, LOL  Tongue

You can't hide, so you may as well speak out!

Having said that, I am never traveling to the USA for fear of ending up in a dark hole forever, which is a shame because I'd love to visit America.
Pages: « 1 ... 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 [862] 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: