Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:04:08 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 [865] 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
Simcom

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:33:24 PM

Great but Opensource so soon? I thought it would be closed source for at least a while, with respect to copycats etc?

Yeah that is super quick.  How about a month before open source?  Time for the media to catch on to DarkSend.

I like Evan's idea of going open source as soon as it is ready.  My only concern is security.  It would be terrible if there was some bug that caused coins to be lost.  If Evan is certain the code is rock solid I don't see any harm in going open source right away.  Nobody is going to adopt it as a payment method until it is open source. The Armory (a darknet arms dealer) made an announcement a few weeks ago that they would begin accepting DRK, but quickly went back on their word when they found out it was not yet open source.

If we don't open source right away, every press release will say "HEY DARKSEND IS OUT"  (*...but it is closed source).  Closed source (even for a month) will hurt more than it will help IMO.

The Armory is a big scam

Really?  I don't really follow darknet news. Can you link me to something?

Edit: nevermind just read about it on reddit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets/comments/21qhwn/it_is_high_time_to_come_clean_on_the_armory/
Simcom

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:35:21 PM

Personally, I'd open source it when we were done with release candidates.

Hmm, yes I guess I agree with you, I'd prefer open source when the final product is released, not earlier.  
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:08:00 PM

It is a good move going straight for the open source, it keeps all doubts away about the dev teams intentions. /bravo

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
camosoul

Activity: 560

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 10:09:32 PM

I like Evan's idea of going open source as soon as it is ready. My only concern is security. It would be terrible if there was some bug that caused coins to be lost.a month) will hurt more than it will help IMO.

I think that due to the nature of how a Masternode works with 1000DRK hanging out there, a little caution is in order. I wish it would stay closed source for a little longer and have more internal audits before throwing it out there to be cloned by more shitcoins... DRK value is slowly tanking... Not that I am all uptight about my invested value, but that the price drop means people are moving away from it, not towards it... In such a circumstance, casting your pearls out there to be trampled by swine can't help... I agree that EVENTUAL open source is mandatory. I just feel that this is too fast for the unique circumstances. You know damn well that with 1000DRK at stake, bugs found will not be shared and will end up black-hatting DRK into dirt. Assuming there are bugs... ;-) It's a new thing in crypto, land of extreme greed and douchebaggery. More caution is in order.

I also wish that it mixed with those 1000DRK. Only makes a good thing better and the coin is already sitting there...

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
sharkbyte093

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:16:48 PM

I like Evan's idea of going open source as soon as it is ready. My only concern is security. It would be terrible if there was some bug that caused coins to be lost.a month) will hurt more than it will help IMO.

I think that due to the nature of how a Masternode works with 1000DRK hanging out there, a little caution is in order. I wish it would stay closed source for a little longer and have more internal audits before throwing it out there to be cloned by more shitcoins... DRK value is slowly tanking... Not that I am all uptight about my invested value, but that the price drop means people are moving away from it, not towards it... In such a circumstance, casting your pearls out there to be trampled by swine can't help... I agree that EVENTUAL open source is mandatory. I just feel that this is too fast for the unique circumstances. You know damn well that with 1000DRK at stake, bugs found will not be shared and will end up black-hatting DRK into dirt. Assuming there are bugs... ;-) It's a new thing in crypto, land of extreme greed and douchebaggery. More caution is in order.

I also wish that it mixed with those 1000DRK. Only makes a good thing better and the coin is already sitting there...

This made me laugh so hard because it's so true.

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:17:27 PM

The 1000DRK was never meant for mixing, and isn't necessarily "sitting there" anyway.

camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 10:19:46 PM

The 1000DRK was never meant for mixing, and isn't necessarily "sitting there" anyway.

I know that's not the intent. It turns a Proof of Stake (worthless) into a Proof of Service (useful). Very cool.

But since it's hanging around anyways... Why not? The whole point of the masternode is to anonymize, no? Why not add that into it since it's staked anyway... Just thinking out loud. I know currently the plan is to use fancy math stuffs to stick that proof of stake into cold storage.

I started building a VM to use as a masternode host that I can clone for as many masternodes as I want. But, I'm not going live until It's hardened and there's more time spent. I may hold off until Open Source...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
ErrorId

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:22:47 PM

It's not tanking. The price rose very quickly and corrected and has been holding very steady since. The price can't keep going straight up or there can be a crash. DRK has a very healthy looking chart.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 10:25:05 PM

It's not tanking. The price rose very quickly and corrected and has been holding very steady since. The price can't keep going straight up or there can be a crash. DRK has a very healthy looking chart.

Volume is telling another story... The chart looks good until you realize the volume has dropped below 0.1% of the spike rate... That's very dangerous. It's a minor miracle that the bottom hasn't fallen out of it already. DRK is being glossed over by whales and pumpers without much consideration for it's innovation. Which is why I think that innovation shouldn't got Open Source yet. It needs to be more broadly recognized before it gets handed off to be integrated into already entrenched coins. Look at all the X11 cloned shitcoins already... Evan/DRK risks losing itself to itself.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:27:44 PM

I'm not sure how up ~250% in 14 days = tanking...but I do see the point re: open sourcing.  I thought there was going to be some sort of 3rd party white hat audit first?
salmion

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:31:58 PM

This made me laugh so hard because it's so true.

Speaking of which...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=590841.0;topicseen

Please hold off on open source for a while...
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 10:32:41 PM

I'm not sure how up ~250% in 14 days = tanking
That's a falsely-framed presentation of the facts and we both know it. A hard spike, a cool off, that's normal. But the drop in volume to nearly zero is not. Any one of the whales we saw jump in could say "meh, I feel like playing in AnyOtherCoin" and poof... The volume to support their departure doesn't exist. Not. Even. Close.

but I do see the point re: open sourcing.  I thought there was going to be some sort of 3rd party white hat audit first?
It's too new and unique a thing to throw out in Open Source so soon. I understand it in context of most clonecoins. There's is little to test as it's already been tested. But DRK is different. It risk being stolen by some other coin before it can establish itself. The fact that it hasn't been copied already is proof that the shitcoindevs can't do it on their own. Why give them your own advantage?

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
scorpio18
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Admin of CoinMiners Pools

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 10:40:10 PM

DarkCoin P2Pool

address: stratum+tcp://scorp.hopto.org:7903
Username: Your DarkCoin address
Passoword:  Does not matter, anything!

Status p2pool:
http://scorp.hopto.org:7903/static/

Node fee: 0.5%

Spread the hashes!!

Recommended Settings:

./sgminer -k darkcoin -o stratum+tcp://scorp.hopto.org:7903 -u WALLET -p x

Manual Share Difficulty

Reccomended Share Difficulty

Hash Rate (KHash/s)       Difficulty
      1                          +0.00000116

5                          +0.00000582

10                         +0.00001164

50                        +0.00005821

100                       +0.00011641

250                       +0.00029103

500                       +0.00058207

750                       +0.00087310

1000                      +0.00116414

Add this number to the end of your username (wallet address)

Example: WalletAddress+0.00116414​

TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:41:27 PM

im good, but pretty busy with project "dark ice" im hoping to be done soon (tm) ish :-p lol

Wow, Dark Ice sounds so intriguing!  It could be anything!  Can't wait!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:46:35 PM

That's a falsely-framed presentation of the facts and we both know it. A hard spike, a cool off, that's normal. But the drop in volume to nearly zero is not. Any one of the whales we saw jump in could say "meh, I feel like playing in AnyOtherCoin" and poof... The volume to support their departure doesn't exist. Not. Even. Close.

True, but there was hardly any volume before the large run up. You didn't see a ton of large buys (or sells for that matter). Knowing the history, any "whales" that opted to take a position knew of the possibility of volume reversion so deciding to play another coin with any sizeable position would mean difficulty scaling out. Personally, I believe you have people stocking up coins and holding. Doesn't take long to put a valuation on it if at bare minimum 1% of people invested in alts care about privacy.
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:48:07 PM

I know that's not the intent. It turns a Proof of Stake (worthless) into a Proof of Service (useful). Very cool.

But since it's hanging around anyways... Why not? The whole point of the masternode is to anonymize, no? Why not add that into it since it's staked anyway... Just thinking out loud. I know currently the plan is to use fancy math stuffs to stick that proof of stake into cold storage.

I started building a VM to use as a masternode host that I can clone for as many masternodes as I want. But, I'm not going live until It's hardened and there's more time spent. I may hold off until Open Source...

It's actually not on the master node any more (if you're smart enough to configure it that way).

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:57:14 PM

It is a good move going straight for the open source, it keeps all doubts away about the dev teams intentions. /bravo

great. clone it for litecoin to give some hope from the ASICs mess.
daddeo

Activity: 129

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:58:05 PM

It's actually not on the master node any more (if you're smart enough to configure it that way).

So set up in that manner and the risk becomes minimal, right?
salmion

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:00:56 PM

True, but there was hardly any volume before the large run up. You didn't see a ton of large buys (or sells for that matter). Knowing the history, any "whales" that opted to take a position knew of the possibility of volume reversion so deciding to play another coin with any sizeable position would mean difficulty scaling out. Personally, I believe you have people stocking up coins and holding. Doesn't take long to put a valuation on it if at bare minimum 1% of people invested in alts care about privacy.

And the hashrate is still way up. Which is getting annoying..
patrolman

Activity: 447

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:10:51 PM

but I do see the point re: open sourcing.  I thought there was going to be some sort of 3rd party white hat audit first?
It's too new and unique a thing to throw out in Open Source so soon. I understand it in context of most clonecoins. There's is little to test as it's already been tested. But DRK is different. It risk being stolen by some other coin before it can establish itself. The fact that it hasn't been copied already is proof that the shitcoindevs can't do it on their own. Why give them your own advantage?

Volume before the spike on Cryptsy was often around 40btc a day. Right now it's about 110 but I'm not sure how much of that related to Evan's post about RC3 and open source.

I understand what you're saying about the drop off though and you may be right about it being close to dropping off in value, but I also think that there a few scattered posts of people who come across Darkcoin and genuinely believe in it (not just proclaiming that it is going to the moon). I think they (like me) experienced the "satori" moment when they realised the genuine gap in the market that this coin can fill.
Pages: « 1 ... 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 [865] 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: