Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:22:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 [877] 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722549 times)
darkproton

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:25:44 AM

I think there is good long term aspect of this coin being dark.

What is Darkcoin's advantage over BTC's darkwallet?
decentralization.  You have to trust a plugin. Wink After that you have to trust them to mix the coins.
itscrazy

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 05:27:19 AM

Darkwallet is a Centralized solution, you rely on their servers. Darkcoin's Darksend is Decentralized.

InternetApe

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 05:29:13 AM

You have to rely on THEIR servers to mix the coins. Do we really know who they are and if they wont just take the coins that goto THEIR server. I'm not saying that they would or planning to, but its an option. With Darksend this is not possible, if someone tried to take the coins sent with darksend the transactions would not be confirmed.

They, Dark Wallet, are saying they want people to use their software for illegal activity. Can you really trust them? Darkcoin developers are not promoting any illegal use of the coin, we just want privacy in transactions.

DarkCoin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615 - DarkCoin aims to be the first privacy-centric cryptographic currency with fully encrypted transactions and anonymous block transactions.
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:30:50 AM

decentralization.  You have to trust a plugin. Wink After that you have to trust them to mix the coins.

Is it really centralized, if the process is done through the wallet's open-source code in the public blockchain?
I'm considering investing in darkcoin, just want to make sure that it really fulfills a need that is not met by btc's darkwallet Smiley
lynn_402

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:33:50 AM

You have to rely on THEIR servers to mix the coins. Do we really know who they are and if they wont just take the coins that goto THEIR server. I'm not saying that they would or planning to, but its an option. With Darksend this is not possible, if someone tried to take the coins sent with darksend the transactions would not be confirmed.

They are sent through their own servers? I see, that's bad indeed, thanks for your answer. And if you'll forgive the noobish question, how is darkcoin better? I couldn't find an article that describe how it is different.
InternetApe

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 05:38:10 AM

They are sent through their own servers? I see, that's bad indeed, thanks for your answer. And if you'll forgive the noobish question, how is darkcoin better? I couldn't find an article that describe how it is different.

With Darksend we are implementing masternodes that do the mixing, which are just wallets running on someones server that would do the mixing. Not just ANYBODY can run a masternode, you have to have at least 1000DRK in the wallet to run one. Which masternode that does the mixing is selected by a vote from the blockchain automatically. This provides a NEW source of income for Darkcoin supporters, people who run masternodes get 10% of the blockreward when they are the selected masternode. The person running the masternode cant steal the coins because the transfer would not be confirmed.

At last check there were more than 40 masternodes running by people that want to support darkcoin AND make extra coins, and they arent being paid until the next fork scheduled for May 14th, so there is alot of support for it. So thats >=40,000DRK being held just to run masternodes, which will also cause less coins to be available to buy, there for driving the prices up. Its a feedback loop. More DRK is worth the more people will want to host masternodes, the less thats available to buy, driving price up, REPEAT.

For more information visit: http://darkcointalk.org   the white papers are there and instructions about running masternodes.

DarkCoin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615 - DarkCoin aims to be the first privacy-centric cryptographic currency with fully encrypted transactions and anonymous block transactions.
embraer

Activity: 167

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:45:35 AM

Where can i find new wallet for mac?
camosoul

Activity: 560

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 05:47:06 AM

They, Dark Wallet, are saying they want people to use their software for illegal activity. Can you really trust them? Darkcoin developers are not promoting any illegal use of the coin, we just want privacy in transactions.

Or worse, honeypot... "Oh look! It works! We can trust them!" Everyone flocks only to be tracked by the guv that runs it instead of anonymized. Suckers... Interesting that the project came about only recently...

bitcoinfog has been around for ages. tor + mixer = super anonymous. Also have to trust them. DarkWallet is not a new idea, basically just a huge shared wallet just like bitcoinfog. As with other details, their focus is on making it easy to use while glossing over the failures. Why do you think they've got so much noise going on and bitcoinfog doesn't even though bitcoinfog has been offering the same thing for almost 4 years already? It's just hype for the clueless.

bitcoinfog has not only been trustworthy in my experience, but they even paid me for some ideas I had to improve their service. I've had BTC privacy for a long damn time. Can you guess why DarkWallet is just now showing up making a big deal about privacy and baiting in laundering interests? Why would they deliberately advertise criminal activities but not get caught or shut down... Hmmm... DarkWallet is the most obvious government-run honeypot ever...

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
lynn_402

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:49:07 AM

With Darksend we are implementing masternodes that do the mixing, which are just wallets running on someones server that would do the mixing. Not just ANYBODY can run a masternode, you have to have at least 1000DRK in the wallet to run one. Which masternode that does the mixing is selected by a vote from the blockchain automatically. This provides a NEW source of income for Darkcoin supporters, people who run masternodes get 10% of the blockreward when they are the selected masternode. The person running the masternode cant steal the coins because the transfer would not be confirmed.

At last check there were more than 40 masternodes running by people that want to support darkcoin AND make extra coins, and they arent being paid until the next fork scheduled for May 14th, so there is alot of support for it. So thats >=40,000DRK being held just to run masternodes, which will also cause less coins to be available to buy, there for driving the prices up. Its a feedback loop. More DRK is worth the more people will want to host masternodes, the less thats available to buy, driving price up, REPEAT.

For more information visit: http://darkcointalk.org   the white papers are there and instructions about running masternodes.

That sounds great, thanks for your answer.
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:59:57 AM

sorry
- but that light blue in the top bar just does NOT work !!!! (why don't you stick to the grey you used before and expand the font a bit ?)
- your picture (word map) in the first edit was so much better (as we are all global)
- FIRST is way too big and looks like a title
why don't use
DARKCOIN
the first anonymous digital currency
This is totally loosing the nice darkness and mystery (what DRK needs) …..>>
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 06:00:08 AM

This is kinda silly. 40,000DRK is not even a drop in the bucket and isn't having this value feedback loop you speak of. I hold more DRK than that all by myself...

It's really a way of making a Proof of Stake into a Proof of Service. Proof of Stake is worthless, it only encourages people to hoard, not use it as a currency. It doesn't spread out, it doesn't change hands. Masternodes are a round-about (and perfectly so) way of transforming Proof of Stake into Proof of Service for the network instead of just sitting there in a wallet... It adds massive value to DRK by requiring that a stakeholder actually DO something for the network to get feedback income on that stake. That something/service being support of a trustless anonymity function that no other crypto has.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
darkproton

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:04:34 AM

This is kinda silly. 40,000DRK is not even a drop in the bucket and isn't having this value feedback loop you speak of. I hold more DRK than that all by myself...

It's really a way of making a Proof of Stake into a Proof of Service. Proof of Stake is worthless, it only encourages people to hoard, not use it as a currency. It doesn't spread out, it doesn't change hands. Masternodes are a round-about (and perfectly so) way of transforming Proof of Stake into Proof of Service for the network instead of just sitting there in a wallet... It adds massive value to DRK by requiring that a stakeholder actually DO something for the network to get feedback income on that stake. That something/service being support of a trustless anonymity function that no other crypto has.
Really the best explanation thus far. Brilliant!
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 06:07:27 AM

sorry
- but that light blue in the top bar just does NOT work !!!! (why don't you stick to the grey you used before and expand the font a bit ?)
- your picture (word map) in the first edit was so much better (as we are all global)
why don't use
DARKCOIN

I think the word "private" should be substituted for "anonymous."

The precise coloration is not important. The layout needs a little fixing. HAving the DRK logo off to the left is just weird looking. Fix that and people won't even notice the background as long as there is contrast.

FIRST could be a little less obvious.

---

LOGO

"First trustless private digital currency."

[button]Find out about darkcoin's other innovations[/button]

---

KISS

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
InternetApe

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 06:09:06 AM

The point of the 40k DRK was that there are 40 people that have dedicated a resource to the network knowing they arent even being paid yet. That is a drop in the bucket i agree but that is 1% of the total coins available. But it does show interest.

InternetApe

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 06:11:40 AM

sorry
why don't use
DARKCOIN

The precise coloration is not important. The layout needs a little fixing. HAving the DRK logo off to the left is just weird looking. Fix that and people won't even notice the background as long as there is contrast.

---

LOGO

---

KISS

Overall I think it is a step in the right direction. Not a fan of the top background image, but the overall look is definately better than what I threw together in the darkcoin.io site.

camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 06:12:54 AM

The point of the 40k DRK was that there are 40 people that have dedicated a resource to the network knowing they arent even being paid yet. That is a drop in the bucket i agree but that is 1% of the total coins available. But it does show interest.

Point taken. Both of our points are true. But, I think the fact that it converts useless PoStake into PoService for the anonymity function itself is far more important than 1% of DRK being held for it. No crypto has ever done this and it's a perfect pardoxical ruleset, which is what all (non-shitty) crypto is based upon.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 06:15:01 AM

sorry
why don't use
DARKCOIN

---

LOGO

---

KISS

Overall I think it is a step in the right direction. Not a fan of the top background image, but the overall look is definately better than what I threw together in the darkcoin.io site.

In my option, the blue banner across the top is just fine.

Get the layout and message right first, then tweak about the color scheme. Even if it were a blank white page in web 1.0, getting the layout right, using the empty space right, and getting the message right is far more important than the particular shade of blue used...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:23:11 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2014, 06:37:16 AM by eltito

sorry
why don't use
DARKCOIN

---

LOGO

---

KISS

I disagree.  Private is vague, anonymous is succinct and direct.  Talk about privacy elsewhere, but when reeling them in, smack them right in the face with the biggest buzzword we've got for DarkCoin, which is "anonymous".  "Private" should certainly encompass anonymity if it's being done right, but a lot of people will be coming in skeptical.  Lead them directly to the information they want to see.  Personally I see "Private", I'm so burnt out on marketing bullshit that I immediately wonder what, exactly, that's supposed to mean.

If it were me, I'd basically keep it as cam suggests, with a few exceptions:

------

LOGO

First trustless, anonymous digital currency.

Your privacy matters.  

[link] See how DarkCoin helps secure it.[link]

----

(link goes to the darksend explanation page - which should also include detailed comparisons of other techs (dark wallet, zero coin, etc.) so that it can be pointed out why our product is superior.)

-----

Emphasize trustless and anonymous, but understate it a bit.  Subtle and tasteful will lend more legitimacy to the experience that huge bold flashing gaudy letters.
TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:26:33 AM

Any ideas why this thread seems so quiet lately?  Also, has anyone been able to update their masternode?  I've been trying but get this error when I try to start my masternode:

error: {"code":-1,"message":"masternode list|count|current> passphrase\n"}
ubuntu@ip-172-31-9-169:~$ error: {"code":-1,"message":"masternode list|count|current> passphrase\n"}

Strange reaction to a big new development!  I myself am doing so much running around for my kids, I pop in when I sit for a minute, then leave 'cause I've got to go do something else!  Now it's time for bed ;P

Helping nephew with his thesis project tomorrow, so won't be around again.  Hope we get more info from Evan by the time I get back!

It looks like you are not running the RC2 version of the wallet.

I am.  I tried both the pre-compiled version and my own compiled version.  Is there a new start command?  As you can see, the command "start" isn't listed there.  Another person from darkcointalk.org also has the same problem and nobody has confirmed that they've got theirs up and running that I've seen???

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
InternetApe

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 06:32:43 AM

Any ideas why this thread seems so quiet lately?  Also, has anyone been able to update their masternode?  I've been trying but get this error when I try to start my masternode:

error: {"code":-1,"message":"masternode list|count|current> passphrase\n"}
ubuntu@ip-172-31-9-169:~$ error: {"code":-1,"message":"masternode list|count|current> passphrase\n"}

Strange reaction to a big new development!  I myself am doing so much running around for my kids, I pop in when I sit for a minute, then leave 'cause I've got to go do something else!  Now it's time for bed ;P

Helping nephew with his thesis project tomorrow, so won't be around again.  Hope we get more info from Evan by the time I get back!

It looks like you are not running the RC2 version of the wallet.

I am.  I tried both the pre-compiled version and my own compiled version.  Is there a new start command?  As you can see, the command "start" isn't listed there.  Another person from darkcointalk.org also has the same problem and nobody has confirmed that they've got theirs up and running that I've seen???

FYI, currently you CANT compile your own version. Its not opensourced yet. You MUST use the precompiled version, the correct one at: http://darkcoin.io/beta.php

Pages: « 1 ... 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 [877] 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: