Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 02:13:49 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 [900] 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722673 times)
TanteStefana

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 07:47:13 AM

Not true, all inputs are shown on the blockchain. eg. If you input 2 x 10 inputs into the 10 coin pool, both inputs are shown to come from your address, (unless your wallet contains multiple addresses with coin balances).

It does, that's what the delineation is all about.  This is no longer done manually, it's automatically done by the wallet.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
nxt123.cn

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 07:58:34 AM

so,if everybody adopts that strategy the offer for that other coin will be quickly greater than the demand and its profitability will decrease. Smiley

GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 08:23:22 AM

What do you guys think of this idea?

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/masternode-donation-to-p2pool.326/

Masternode donation to p2pool ?

Quote from: yidakee, post: 2422, member: 336
I just had this idea, don't know if its feasible or not. Please note I'm a crypto-geek, not pro.

I'll be setting up my masternode, no doubt. From my 10% "commission", I would gladly send a donation back to the p2pool network - lets say 1%. Now, while I know its "unfair" to MPOS and PROP and other pools, I believe this is would highly incentivise miners to join the DRK network, try/stick to p2pool, better secure the network, spread the hashing love.

p2pool is highly misunderstood by most hobby miners, hence the pools and the risks associated with them, and lets face it, the ramp up SUCKS !! Takes days, not 24h, until you really perceive the gains from average daily means. Specially when the coin is new and everyone's rushing in before the flood of GPU's miners from LTC that will shoot diff out of this world. Since this 1% donation doesn't need 120 confirmations, there would be much more "liquidity for payouts" as soon as you'd start submitting shares. This could also be inversely proportionate to miner's hashrate/shares. The less hashrate you have, the more % cut you would receive, so mega GPU farms wouldn't gobble up the rewards. That would seriously incentivise the small miner, like me, one rig doing 11MH/s. Even more to a lonely CPU in a laptop, say, in the middle of Africa or whatever.

I'm sure 1% is way off in the future, who knows? Someone could write and algorithm within p2pool that readjusts the "liquidity donation" based on the % of hashrate attributed to p2pool, so its not too unfair to pool operators and the fine work and service they provide (some, not all). Actually, the masternode would have to do this right?
Build a p2pool "distro" (don't know how to call them) that would contain code that would submit to the masternode its participation, receive the cut from participant masternode in the network, and fairly distribute directly to the miners in it, or back to each p2pool more anonymously and then sent to miners.

This could also incentivise pool operators to innovate, say, in creating multipools that pay back in DRK, pushing the hashrate around to other algo's, lowering diff, increasing DRK price while driving scarcity fast.

I got this idea just now, and would love to see it because I almost quit mining. Came in too late and never ROI'd - I fell for the LTC promise of being ASIC resistant. I can't understand how anyone would permit ASICs after what happened to BTC. Everyone and their grandma should have forked right there and then to tame ASIC R&D.

p2p (not pool) is a "subversive" ideology that comes from people taking your freedom and fighting back!! Its about being strong as a collective. Big money stole my dream with ASICs. I didn't even want to be rich I swear, just survive in a shitty economy without future in my little pseudo-developped country. Centralised BIG MEGA farms are distorting Satoshi's dream, until eventually destroyed.

Power to the TRUE p2p and decentralisation!
Miners should be able to stick together and stand strong... together!

I don't know, make any sense?
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 08:32:40 AM

It would be nice if there were an easy way to voluntarily donate, but I don't like the idea of mandatorily require it.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 08:35:38 AM

It would be nice if there were an easy way to voluntarily donate, but I don't like the idea of mandatorily require it.

yeah! the idea would be masternode admins choosing to donate, setting a fixed value back to p2pool. Like, say 0.5% of earnings.
That would go back to p2pool network in the same manner as transaction fees.
drkman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 08:38:15 AM

@Simcom Every time you believe that you may have find a flaw with DarkSend but yet you don't seem to totally understand or know about the way it works. Take your time to read the thread, some of your questions and concerns have already been answered long ago.
LOL seriously?  The last issue I raised (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg6459044#msg6459044) was so serious that Evan decided to devote an entire release (RC3) to fix it.  I am just trying to help. :/
No you are doing good.  You keep that thinking cap on because that is how the coin will evolve towards an optimal solution.  
hyeoam

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 08:38:51 AM

Charts here: http://crypto-prices.com/DRK

Donate BTC: 1NRG17fYCNcfQvQHC3G9TUAowNKsM4oTWA
mannie

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 08:42:49 AM

I know a few people are worried about the drop in price but I'm not sweating it. I think it bears repeating that fundamentals will always win out.

There are macroeconomic risks, like with anything else, but let's look at the fundamentals: we have committed developers that have proven their abilities, we're early in the crypto game with most of the public yet to jump in with their wealth, we have a gap in the market for an anonymous decentralized digital currency and we're achingly close to releasing the final DarkSend product.

Just like a producer which has oil in the ground, there are fundamentals that haven't changed, despite the slight changes in psychology, sentiment and the short attention span of some traders. Scam coins will flare up and fade away but something like this has fundamentals in its favour.

Just my 2c. Good luck to us all.

I can´t see public jump in with their wealth. The only thing i am seeing over the lst six month is that i lost 5000€ in playing crypto game and mining.
Mine any coin for me is minimum 50% loss against buying it than mine it.
Also it looks like there are soo much scammers out. Last thing i made a loss was AC.
I made my loss not with extreamly speculating, it was manly in a now worthless GPU mining rig and bagholding coins.

BTC made a loss from 1200$ to now 400$. All coins depend on BTC and can´t go its own way. Show me any investor that is willing to go in now.
Crypto is getting only lottery game, sorry for me it looks like its time to give up and finally cut my loss.

Sorry to hear but what you're talking about are short term losses. I'm thinking long term. There is an inflation crisis coming to US, China and the rest of the world, caused by massive gov debt and reserve money printing, and the final popping of stock, real estate and discretionary spending bubbles. When people see 10%+ inflation what will they do with their wealth? Buy gold, yes, but there isn't enough gold for everybody. A significant number will buy deflationary decentralized digital currencies and it will be the ones that solidify their place before then that will benefit.

All IMO. I know this isn't strickly DRK related but I think this is why a lot of early adopters are interested in decentralized currencies, and it's an important consideration for all serious alt coins.
JGCMiner

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 08:48:59 AM

Not true, all inputs are shown on the blockchain. eg. If you input 2 x 10 inputs into the 10 coin pool, both inputs are shown to come from your address, (unless your wallet contains multiple addresses with coin balances).

It does, that's what the delineation is all about.  This is no longer done manually, it's automatically done by the wallet.

Are you referring to the "throw away" addresses newly created for a Darksend?  If so, when sending coins from your normal address to these newly created addresses won't that show up on the blockchain if even all the addresses are in the same wallet? 
dragonseer

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 08:57:21 AM

I know a few people are worried about the drop in price but I'm not sweating it. I think it bears repeating that fundamentals will always win out.

There are macroeconomic risks, like with anything else, but let's look at the fundamentals: we have committed developers that have proven their abilities, we're early in the crypto game with most of the public yet to jump in with their wealth, we have a gap in the market for an anonymous decentralized digital currency and we're achingly close to releasing the final DarkSend product.

Just like a producer which has oil in the ground, there are fundamentals that haven't changed, despite the slight changes in psychology, sentiment and the short attention span of some traders. Scam coins will flare up and fade away but something like this has fundamentals in its favour.

I can´t see public jump in with their wealth. The only thing i am seeing over the lst six month is that i lost 5000€ in playing crypto game and mining.
Also it looks like there are soo much scammers out. Last thing i made a loss was AC.
I made my loss not with extreamly speculating, it was manly in a now worthless GPU mining rig and bagholding coins.

BTC made a loss from 1200$ to now 400$. All coins depend on BTC and can´t go its own way. Show me any investor that is willing to go in now.
Crypto is getting only lottery game, sorry for me it looks like its time to give up and finally cut my loss.

Sorry to hear but what you're talking about are short term losses. I'm thinking long term. There is an inflation crisis coming to US, China and the rest of the world, caused by massive gov debt and reserve money printing, and the final popping of stock, real estate and discretionary spending bubbles. When people see 10%+ inflation what will they do with their wealth? Buy gold, yes, but there isn't enough gold for everybody. A significant number will buy deflationary decentralized digital currencies and it will be the ones that solidify their place before then that will benefit.

All IMO. I know this isn't strickly DRK related but I think this is why a lot of early adopters are interested in decentralized currencies, and it's an important consideration for all serious alt coins.

I agree that cryptos are probably the most valuable hedge against hyperinflation right now. This could be the year that the US dollar collapses as it is not only a local currency but is a global standard backed by the military and little else. The DOW jones is at an all time high but this is just smoke and mirrors, and people getting out of bonds. Gold is great but when it becomes time to use it you're going to want to change it into something else.  So we have cryptos, but which ones? Well here we are discussing this on the Darkcoin forum, one of a few coins that is forging ahead with it's own innovation. I like Quark and Vertcoin and a couple others as potentially fulfilling this role as well. So if you were to get out of cryptos, fine, but put aside at least 100 DRK and wait and see what happens.

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:13:57 AM

Are you referring to the "throw away" addresses newly created for a Darksend?  If so, when sending coins from your normal address to these newly created addresses won't that show up on the blockchain if even all the addresses are in the same wallet? 

Please excuse me, I think I'm confused-and tired, LOL.  Yes, denominated addresses can be linked to your "exposed" wallet address via the block chain. 
"exposed" meaning your cryptsy deposit address, your pool deposit address, any address you have people send your coins to.  However, if Evan does what he suggested in another post, and denominates everyone's "change" or better still, everyone's wallet's denominated funds every time they reach the required minimum, with DarkSend, it would really get to be impossible to follow the funds.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:15:44 AM

Please excuse me, I think I'm confused-and tired, LOL.  Yes, denominated addresses can be linked to your "exposed" wallet address via the block chain. 
"exposed" meaning your cryptsy deposit address, your pool deposit address, any address you have people send your coins to.  However, if Evan does what he suggested in another post, and denominates everyone's "change" or better still, everyone's wallet's denominated funds every time they reach the required minimum, with DarkSend, it would really get to be impossible to follow the funds.

We'd sure make a lot of internet traffic though!!  LOL, and larger block chain, but with the other solution, it shouldn't matter.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
richy

Activity: 224

KryptoBonds, Bonds Industry now in Blockchain

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 09:21:35 AM

I agree that cryptos are probably the most valuable hedge against hyperinflation right now. This could be the year that the US dollar collapses as it is not only a local currency but is a global standard backed by the military and little else. The DOW jones is at an all time high but this is just smoke and mirrors, and people getting out of bonds. Gold is great but when it becomes time to use it you're going to want to change it into something else.  So we have cryptos, but which ones? Well here we are discussing this on the Darkcoin forum, one of a few coins that is forging ahead with it's own innovation. I like Quark and Vertcoin and a couple others as potentially fulfilling this role as well. So if you were to get out of cryptos, fine, but put aside at least 100 DRK and wait and see what happens.

hi everybody...
I also happely survived the AC  disaster... even with no losses. I m happy to be here and find a good and serious coin wiht intelligent and adult holders... I want to point out that i think DRK is a very interesting coin due to the dark possibility. I feel if the reality you discribed will happen the authorities will find ways to control the "money market" to not allow people to hedge themeselves against inflation and all the other dangers. So shortly: If you want to make an alternate currency make it anonym. Otherwise there will not be any chance to make it big. Sry for my english i am from germany Wink

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:30:01 AM

Guten Nacht, es ist jetz spaet hier!  Cheesy

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
richy

Activity: 224

KryptoBonds, Bonds Industry now in Blockchain

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 09:35:54 AM

Guten Nacht, es ist jetz spaet hier!  Cheesy

hi there Smiley
es ist jetzt 11:35 also mittag

kaene

Activity: 784
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:47:26 AM

@Simcom Every time you believe that you may have find a flaw with DarkSend but yet you don't seem to totally understand or know about the way it works. Take your time to read the thread, some of your questions and concerns have already been answered long ago.

LOL seriously?  The last issue I raised (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg6459044#msg6459044) was so serious that Evan decided to devote an entire release (RC3) to fix it.  I am just trying to help. :/

Regarding that panic sell, all I can say is LOL. People forget about the most important part of all, it's not DarkSend, DGW, X11 .... it's the fact that Evan agreed to spend full time dedicated to this coin, that means that if there is any flaw Evan will do his best to fix it, and if there is any improvement that is worth he will code it.

Requiring 1000 coins to send 121 is not an problem, because there are many solutions for this (many that we have thought of, and for sure many more that we haven't thought of yet), so I'm sorry but it's one of the worst panic sells ever, precisely you know how Evan took care of that "issue" you raised, and he fixed it.

Don't look at this as any other coin, this is not for the short term, look at this coin as where it's going to be after 10 months, DarkSend is no the feature, it's just one feature.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 10:42:09 AM

Great!!

Coinmine went up again briefly, managed to log in to retrieve my friend's earnings.

MINIMUM MANUAL CASH-OUT IS 10 DRKS !!  Huh Huh

No mention on the auto-payout, so I went to unlock the editing to set minimum... but they went down again.

huynhthuan99

Activity: 144

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 10:55:49 AM

pump drk?
flipme

Activity: 2170
Merit: 640

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 11:09:19 AM

Password protecting the goddamn wallet on startup
would alleviate the sender-record problem at least.

I never understood why this is not standard.
I've been going on about this since page 600 and you're the only person who's noticed.  Cheesy

I'm not even sure what this means to be honest.  Are you saying you shouldn't need to manually encrypt wallet and add password, it should prompt for a new password as soon as the wallet launches for the first time?

Not the first time, because you haven't set a password yet, but if you've encrypted your wallet, it should ask you for a password subsequently, before opening up and allowing everyone and anyone to see full records of your transactions. Or copying your .dat and viewing everything you've done later.

You expect to have to enter a password to see your banking online, right? And your email, and your exchange accounts, and just about everything else, for good reason. For an "anonymous" coin, it's a baffling omission.

Hmm, yes that is a good point. I agree a password should be required to see history of transactions.  The problem I see is that the more times you input your password the more chances a malicious key-logger has to get your coins. :/ It guess it is a tradeoff.

I wonder if it could be built in to the transaction log tab specifically?  Regardless, I would only support the idea if it were a separate pw from the actual wallet pw for just the reason you mention (key loggers).
Like blockchain.info where you can set 2 passwords. One to see your wallets balancee and addresses and stuff and a second one thats necessary for sending coins, generating new addresses etc

Against keyloggers:
How about an on-screen numeric keypad with random order of the numbers?

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
flipme

Activity: 2170
Merit: 640

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 11:17:40 AM

For any market maker, be it an exchange or whoever, the ability to curb wild swings of the price is VERY important.

Exchanges != market makers, and I don't care about the convenience of "market makers." Buyers and sellers make the market. If the price swings wildly then so be it. Exchanges should not be trying to control anything.

Items on exchanges don't sell out like on eBay, you can't compare that.

If no one is selling, no one can buy. Same thing. They might not run out, they'll just rise in price. And with enough BTC, you could absolutely buy up every DRK available on every exchange that sold it.

If you want to trade against fiat you need liquidity, or you get eaten by anybody who has it.

If you want to trade anything you need that item or the ability to pay the going rate for it. Not sure what your point is here.

Like a central bank, just like that.

Central banks and their idiot "market makers" are one of the reasons the world economy is down the shitter.

Any exchange that "needs" stockpiles of coins is fundamentally broken. Mt Gox for example.

Yeah dude, so shall it be.
But in the real world things are different than you'd like them to be.
There are sharks out there, and market makers, and real money is lost and made.
And if you can't put up they'll kill you, making money all along.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Pages: « 1 ... 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 [900] 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: