Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:53:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 [955] 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:06:17 PM

To  the  moon.To surpass the LTC.
Well, let's stay a bit realistic. I doubt that it will surpass LTC in a long time. No coin has.
Even though DRK offers a lot of innovation, many people don't see that yet.

Becuse the only thing LTC had better than BTC was 2.5 mins and ASIC resistance. Nothing else, nothing new.

DRK is LTC on steroids.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
luke997

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:22:49 PM

Rather than dismissing your limitations, embrace them and improve. Masternodes requiring 1000% drk in exchange for 10% of future mining fees appeals to those of you who only seek profit. To the hackers/ adversaries/ tax departments/ NSA/ even just the suspicious, this solution is a joke.

What should you do? Make it better! Adopt ring signatures. Stay ahead of the curve or you will be left behind.

I probably shouldn't bother as your mind is obviously made up that DarkSend is "a joke", but here goes...

1. If you have truly been following the thread you would know that ring signatures have been discussed for DarkSend V2.

2. Why not do it now?  Well because you can't leave DarkSend in beta ad infinitum while Evan is continually trying to catch up to the "cutting edge".  At some point it has to be open sourced and released - and when it is... it will the best open source, fully released anonymous cryptocoin solution at the time.  If you know of any other anonymous coins that are not in alpha, beta, testing, brainstorming, or some other preliminary phase then point them out.  AFAIK, there are none.  

3.  The 1000DRK held in stasis while you function as a masternode (and get 10% of mining reward) is a better solution than having the masternodes being able to be set up at no cost.  Proof of stake while actually providing a service i.e. Proof of Service.  DRK will be one of the first coins with this feature.

4. Stop with the naivety in thinking that just because the NSA has "infinite" money that they can click their heels three times and buy up all the DRK and own all the masternodes.  To buy, you need people to sell - if the NSA tried this the coin price would go through the roof.

5. The NSA doesn't even care about DRK now and DarkSend would have to be a smash hit before they do.  By that time there will likely be a few thousand masternodes forcing them to add all the more value to the coin to accumulate enough masternodes.

6.  How much is "enough" anyway? Several rounds of DarkSend will be used by those really looking for anonymity.  The NSA would need what -- 65%?, 80%? of all the masternodes to get information reliably.  You only need to go through ONE clean node before you are anonymous.  To get all the DRK for that, just how much money would they need to dump into the coin? That in turn would just make DRK more widely known - what are the effects of that?

I could continue, but I won't.  You are drastically oversimplify things by saying "the NSA has a lot of money so therefore your solution of requiring 1000 DRK for masternodes is a joke".  This is a very good solution for the time being, i.e. DarkSend V1.  How it evolves after that point?  Well that is unknown, but the main reason I invested in this coin is not because DarkSend per say, but because Evan is dedicated to improving the anonymous solution that will be used with Darkcoin now and in the future -- whether that takes us to ring signatures or something else entirely.  
Nice writeup.  As an investor in cryptocurrency (and previously many startup companies) the bolded portion is the area the vast majority of people do not understand.  History is littered with countless good ideas that didn't have the team to properly implement them.  I invest in the team, first and foremost.  In that regard, I am EXTREMELY comfortable with my Darkcoin investment.

+1 Good write up JGCMiner.

I think we should expand FAQ sections on the first page, regarding common questions about the anonymity, such as Evan's answers to ac2 and other relevant information.

This was, we just point folks to a one place and don't write 10s of posts every time.

Everything has been answered, this is the best anonymity solution available at the moment, and improvements are on the way. All there is to it really.
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:23:25 PM

Well, let's stay a bit realistic. I doubt that it will surpass LTC in a long time. No coin has.
remember this date. Come back to this post in couple of months and reread it Smiley

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 12:25:46 PM

Becuse the only thing LTC had better than BTC was 2.5 mins and ASIC resistance. Nothing else, nothing new.

DRK is LTC on steroids.

You do realize that LTC is not ASIC resistant? There have been scrypt ASIC miners for some time now. I guess LTC had what Bitcoin had. Bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency, while LTC was the first altcoin that hit it off.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:31:26 PM

To  the  moon.To surpass the LTC.

DRK is LTC on steroids.

You do realize that LTC is not ASIC resistant? There have been scrypt ASIC miners for some time now. I guess LTC had what Bitcoin had. Bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency, while LTC was the first altcoin that hit it off.

precisely why I used the word "resistance", and the use of bold in the verbal tense.
mannie

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:34:31 PM

That's no surprise. Currencies only started being floated in the late 20th century. It doesn't mean the gold standard worked well - it was just the prevailing system before Bretton Woods.

Yes, fiat currencies. In purchasing parity terms, the 30 years before WW1 (gold standard) where as globalized and productive as we were before 2008. I think it is dangerous to attribute our wealth to the management of centralized money managers. I`m all for competition (please let me fail with my stupid barbaric gold money). It`s them who are not.

I never attributed wealth growth to money managers. Productivity is the cause of genuine wealth growth. There are advantages and disadvantages to floating fiat currencies - it's easier to respond to recessions with monetary policy but you have problems with higher than optimal inflation and bubbles/corrections. The classic gold standard leads to liquidity and balance of payments problems, deflationary danger and depressions. IMO floating fiat is the lesser of two evils but it needs constant oversight, adequate regulation of the financial system and hedging against inept elected officials and central bankers.

I was talking about the importance of liquidity and credit to commerce. IMO cryptocurrencies incentivise hoarding which makes it bad as a primary currency for trade but a good future inflation hedge like the current position of gold.
JGCMiner

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:36:53 PM

2.8 MH on 780 Ti is impressive.

Not for ~£500 it isn't.  Tongue

Yeah, but it is better than a 290x which is NOT what you'd expect.  In gaming (since these are GPUs Tongue) those two cards are about equal (780Ti maybe 5% faster) and for scrypt and sha256 -- Nvidia and AMD cards that are about equal for games meant that the AMD card was MUCH better at mining.  So either than is not the case for x11 or the AMD GPU miner software is very poorly optimized.  

The new breed of Nvidia cards are actually really good in terms of hashrate/Watt. If 750ti cards produce 1.4MH per card, that's even better than expected since they only produce ~300kh in scrypt. And they consume around ~80W per card at load. Will be trying this for sure.

The 750Ti is Maxwell (the new gen) and the 780Ti is Kepler (same as Titan, the 680, 780, etc.) which is the old generation which paled in comparison to AMD cards.  I'll admit to being a gamer so all of this kind of second nature to me, but if you check the site Anandtech for the GPU arch differences between the 750Ti and the 780Ti you can find supporting information.  

In short, you are correct that the Maxwell arch (750Ti) is a very good perf/watt mining card, but until x11 -- the Kepler arch (780Ti) has not been compared to AMD cards.  
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:41:35 PM

Yeah, but it is better than a 290x which is NOT what you'd expect.  In gaming (since these are GPUs Tongue) those two cards are about equal (780Ti maybe 5% faster) and for scrypt and sha256 -- Nvidia and AMD cards that are about equal for games meant that the AMD card was MUCH better at mining.  So either than is not the case for x11 or the AMD GPU miner software is very poorly optimized.  

The new breed of Nvidia cards are actually really good in terms of hashrate/Watt. If 750ti cards produce 1.4MH per card, that's even better than expected since they only produce ~300kh in scrypt. And they consume around ~80W per card at load. Will be trying this for sure.

The 750Ti is Maxwell (the new gen) and the 780Ti is Kepler (same as Titan, the 680, 780, etc.) which is the old generation which paled in comparison to AMD cards.  I'll admit to being a gamer so all of this kind of second nature to me, but if you check the site Anandtech for the GPU arch differences between the 750Ti and the 780Ti you can find supporting information.  

In short, you are correct that the Maxwell arch (750Ti) is a very good perf/watt mining card, but until x11 -- the Kepler arch (780Ti) has not been compared to AMD cards.  

and THIS is the only rational argument why x11 is not optimised.
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:50:59 PM

I don't think the Evan has posted the info yet, but he has figured out how to make Darkcoin completely impossible to trace!! We are not giving out the complete details on it yet, but "I" wanted to give everyone a heads up about a new feature that will be a very big improvement!!! I'm sure there will be people, trolls, that will say this is not possible, but when you get the details even the trolls will have to agree.

Look for the details coming out soon!

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
JGCMiner

Activity: 611

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:52:07 PM

and THIS is the only rational argument why x11 is not optimised.

Well I don't want to start anything, but seeing at 780Ti @ 2.8Mh/s is shocking when the 290x gets about 2.5Mh/s.  Of course, maybe it was overclocked or highly tweaked.  You could get a 780Ti into the 600~700Khs range in scrypt with a hefty OC and tweaking of core/mem clock ratios as well as optimizing the cudaminer settings.  I won't claim to be an expert on how x11 responds to Nvidia OCing or settings in the newly released miner.  Tongue  The hashrate just caught my eye is all...
ac2

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:54:57 PM

Firstly, apologies for causing distress. I am new to forums. I should not have framed my position using antagonistic language.

I have no vested interest. As a trader I am also a newb. Darkcoin was my first love, I then made the age old mistake of going all in on asiacoin, hence ac2.

I have learnt the value of community.

What I should have posted...

Hi there Dark community. I like what you are creating.

Have you considered ring signitures?

Maybe you have spent a lot of time on a good solution, but not the best?

Now that you have a large market share and recognizible branding, perhaps you could combine methods (collateral payments vs encrypted packets of info) rather than compete?

Hello community
patrolman

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:07:06 PM

Cryptocurrencies don't make sense as general currencies because they're deflationary. Currencies need a lot of liquidity to be the grease for the wheels of commerce. It doesn't make sense to pay salaries in a deflationary currency, as people are more inclined to horde than spend. You need a currency with slight inflation but we all know how easy they can be corrupted by printing too much and triggering higher inflation, or printing even more to finance government debt, leading to even higher inflation (wink, wink Federal Reserve).

If "deflation" for you is the increase of purchasing power of a monetary unit (as opposed to the decrease of the supply of those units), you might want to consider that such "deflation" was pretty normal in the US before the FED started it`s management:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:US_Historical_Inflation_Ancient.svg

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deflation#In_the_United_States

I would not agree that we necessarily need a currency with "slight inflation". The finance industry (where I work) needs it, because they want to sell products for people who want do defeat inflation. It`s funny that buying such products is called "saving", whereas simply putting aside a monetary unit for later because it is gaining buying power is called hording.  

That's no surprise. Currencies only started being floated in the late 20th century. It doesn't mean the gold standard worked well - it was just the prevailing system before Bretton Woods.

Slight inflation works well because there is an incentive to provide savings as credit for economic growth. Hoarding to me are savings removed from credit or economic investment. If you can expect considerable returns by removing monetary units from supply without risk, it becomes problematic for commerce.

I still believe cryptocurrencies have a role to play as a secondary currency but I can't see them replacing fiat long-term in their current form. I think they'll be useful as an inflation hedge. Until relatively recently gold was still used to consummate large contracts but now it's chiefly an inflation hedge.

I think you raised some good points but I think there is a misconception about the need for inflation. Would things be different if a deflationary currency were used instead of an inflationary currency? Of course. For example, a manufacturer looking to buy new machinery would have to plan well when to make the purchase, especially with improving technology. However, the sooner the equipment is purchased, the sooner new income could be generated, which would later be worth more. The same could be said for the consumer. If you need a new computer, at some stage you have to bite the bullet or you will be waiting forever as technology improves and the currency's purchasing power increases. People need to eat, use water, electricity and the internet, and they need shelter regardless of whether their currency is inflationary or deflationary.

One benefit a deflationary currency could have, would be reducing the quantity of useless knick-knacks people accumulate. I have no doubt there would be a greater demand for quality products if money spent today were worth more tomorrow. There could be more focus on offering upgradeable products, rather than throw-away items.
luke997

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:13:15 PM

Firstly, apologies for causing distress. I am new to forums. I should not have framed my position using antagonistic language.

I have no vested interest. As a trader I am also a newb. Darkcoin was my first love, I then made the age old mistake of going all in on asiacoin, hence ac2.

Now that you have a large market share and recognizible branding, perhaps you could combine methods (collateral payments vs encrypted packets of info) rather than compete?

Hello community

Ring signatures have been considered for the DarkSend V2.

On another note - there's a big development coming up.

I don't think the Evan has posted the info yet, but he has figured out how to make Darkcoin completely impossible to trace!! We are not giving out the complete details on it yet, but "I" wanted to give everyone a heads up about a new feature that will be a very big improvement!!! I'm sure there will be people, trolls, that will say this is not possible, but when you get the details even the trolls will have to agree.

anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:14:04 PM

Hello community

I'll wait to see the about the announcement that InternetApe is talking about (about 100% anonimity). If everything he claims is true and it's completely provable, there's no need to adapt bloated zerocoin or ring signatures. We'll see I guess.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
JiJing

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:14:22 PM

Opened DRK/CNY on bter.com
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:17:20 PM

GODDAMIT guys, I'm getting sick of typing out all this crap!
Code:
ssh thelonecrouton@my.mn.server.ip
cd .darkcoin
wget http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc/new-whizz-bang-darkcoind
darkcoind stop
mv darkcoind darkcoind-old
mv new-whizz-bang-darkcoind darkcoind
darkcoind start
darkcoind masternode start 'hahaIamgoingtoberich'
I have things to do, understand?  <Angry>

(Like write a script for it  Grin)

Seriously, can't wait!  Smiley

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:19:23 PM

Opened DRK/CNY on bter.com

The good new today just keeps on coming.  Cool
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:28:21 PM

I feel sorry for everyone who is selling right now LOL

Getting by .60 will be a tough ride, but once passed it were clear for takeoff until 01!!!!!!

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
amirmass

Activity: 425

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:29:20 PM

WOW!! That's really big news, i see no reason why drk price shouln't be above 0.01 soon

██
         ▐██▌
         █▌▐█
        ▐█  █▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▀▀    █▌    ▐█  ▄█▀▀
      ▐█      █▌█▀
      █▌   ▄▄ ▐█
     ▐█  ▄██▀  █▌
     ██▄██▀    ▐█
    ▐███▀       █▌
Z-POP DREAM

▒▒▒▒▒▒████▌  █▌
 ▒▒▒▒▒▐████  ▐█
  ▒▒▒▒▒████▌  █▌
   ▒▒▒▒▐████  ▐█
    ▒▒▒ ████▌
     ▒  ▐████
     █▌  ████▌
     ▐█  ▐███████▄
      █▌  ████████▌
      ▐█  ▐████████
       █▌  ████████▌
       ▐█  ▐████████
        █▌  ████████▌
GROW TALENT ★★★★
★★★★ CREATE STAR

▒▒▒▒▒▒████████▌  █▌
 ▒▒▒▒▒▐████████  ▐█    ▒▒
  ▒▒▒▒▒████████▌  █▌  ▒▒▒
   ▒▒▒▒▐████████  ▐█ ▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒ ▀███████▌   ▒▒▒▒▒
     ▒      ▐████  ▒▒▒▒▒▒
     █▌      ████▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
     ▐█      ▐████▒▒▒▒▒▒
      █▌      ████▌▒▒▒▒
 ▄▄   ▐█      ▐████ ▒▒
████   █▌      ████▌
 ▀▀    ▐█      ▐████
        █▌      ████▌
Website
White paper
rickraw

Activity: 387

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:30:54 PM

I am so glad I bought yesterday morning.  Moved coins to offline wallet so I'm not tempted to sell ha ha.

Still waiting on more funds to clear and I'll buy more at market price!

DASH - Private. Instant. Digital Cash.   DASHPAY.IO
Pages: « 1 ... 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 [955] 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: