Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:14:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 [1513] 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722522 times)
AizenSou

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:41:23 PM

Apparently I have more faith in humanity than anyone else around here  Smiley I'll implement the masternode payments via hardfork, who knows, maybe all of you are right.

By the way, I'm not talking about the price now or even in a year. It's about the security of the network when it's large enough to support a decent amount of transactions. Giving a higher reward simply doubles or triples the cost of such an attack, 10% was just too low.

Thank God!

If you saw all these paid trolls constantly attacking on this thread and everywhere else all day long, you'd lose your faith as well, LOL.

Yeah luckily Evan focuses his mind on development, leave the trolls to us.  Grin
Tante you should focus on others things too. Wink
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DarthMuffin

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:43:08 PM

I have a hunch that a lot of the price dropping and selling is by smaller investors like myself.  Not trying to be a troll but reading this thread lately one gets the impression that the main purpose of DRK existing is to make money for master nodes.  That's really a turn off (but I'm still holding for now).  

I understand that they're needed for the coin, and their implementation is where the whole DRK project is at now so it makes sense that the talk is all about master nodes.  But combine the impression someone gets by casually browsing here with the fact that MN payments were just doubled (did they even run long enough to get an idea that 10% wasn't enough?) at the expense of miners and you can see the conclusion it's easy to come to.
eltortugaloco

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:47:18 PM

The DarkCoin bubble is deflating http://www.usacryptocoins.com/thecryptocurrencytimes/uncategorized/the-darkcoin-bubble-is-deflating/
zwiggel

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:48:39 PM

I just want to say that even while everyone hops on x11 lol lol lol
They also thought Naut would go to 200k then 300k then 400k then 500k then to 1 mil. But nauts dump started at around 100k. And I know ALOT of people who bought in at 100k thinking it would keep going up. Sure you can go buy in x11 but is it stable and save to buy in such a big pump right now? A coin that just came out? That has no big news history as dark. That out of the blue can implent some anonimty feature that beats dark? Yea I heard the same over at Libertycoin.. Do you really think those devs give a fuck? Hell they make a coin they use those marketing people like bryce to promote it and they bought a shit ton at the cheap prices. And why would they risk even more. Then can start dumping their own coins any moment. Because they know the coin wont hold it for a few years like Dark can. Who the fuck goes to find anonomysy ( hell i really dont know how yu spell it xD ) In a coin named x11 lol?
Only kids who like to play pump and dumps.

Darkcoin has had 4-5 BIG 40% DUMPS WHERE EVERYONE TOLD IT WAS A PUMP AND DUMP AND YU SHOULD GET THE FUCK OUT. Blackcoin had 1 big dump and never recoverd. Darkcoin has had 4 to 5 BIG DUMPS of each around 40%
this time ath was 277 and 40% is around 166. Add up the panic that was caused because of the fork and masternode issues wich is jjust bad luck seeing that Evan tested it for am onth with no issues.. Atleast he tried implenting something real that really fucked things up because it was really something big unlike Libertys scam lol

I aint going to sell my dark and go all in X11 coin. Fuck you. Even if it goes to 600k. I can't risk it to go in something like that that could get dumped at any moment. And if you do it. Maybe yu get lucky and you hit 900k.. Hooray. And the next time a coin like liberty shows up just like x11 with all the promises.. You think oh I can do it again! Yaaay And thne you buy in at 18k and you get fucked. Men if it was the other way around.. First x11 then naut with the same peak and dump. You would think OMG I BOUGHT IN AT 100K AND IT WENT TO 300K FUCK YES. You see naut at 100k. OMFG I'M GONNA TRHOW ALL MY PROFIT IN NAUT YEAAAA.

Oeps.. Way to risky. Dark has real development. And a really good dev who has proven himself. Dark has been around since Dec and has had many big rises and dumps but kept recovering and go over it. Can't say that from Blackcoin or Naut. And even with all this much Fud and panic..

Dark is still above 10$ and I see no reason for dark not to get atleast half of litecoins marketcap

And when the masternode network really starts to work.. Those who hold ALOT of coins seriously will think twice before selling them over and over again to make a bit more dark on a dump. So you should see less big dumps as well.
kaene

Activity: 784
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:52:14 PM

Are you guys planning anything similar?

Ohhh ... yes, this is DRK's plan since weeks ago ...
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:54:16 PM

I have a hunch that a lot of the price dropping and selling is by smaller investors like myself.  Not trying to be a troll but reading this thread lately one gets the impression that the main purpose of DRK existing is to make money for master nodes.  That's really a turn off (but I'm still holding for now).  

I understand that they're needed for the coin, and their implementation is where the whole DRK project is at now so it makes sense that the talk is all about master nodes.  But combine the impression someone gets by casually browsing here with the fact that MN payments were just doubled (did they even run long enough to get an idea that 10% wasn't enough?) at the expense of miners and you can see the conclusion it's easy to come to.

the best i can tell almost all the dumping has come from one or maybe two mega whales that have been dumping coins by the 1000's the last 48hrs or so. he was eating 100btc buy walls on mintpal like they were nothing. pretty scary stuff, he maybe out of coins now, we should know within the next 24hrs.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:54:40 PM

I think just running some numbers can tell you that 10% is not enough. I've been in favor or going to 20% for awhile now (the timing is a bit odd though).

At reward 5:

5 X 576 = 2,880 coins/day
2,880 X 0.1 = 288 coins for masternodes

If you want 1,000 Masternodes (for example), you're already down to around 100 coins per Masternode per year, which is not very enticing in the wild crypto game of life.

And also, re. DRK existing to make money for Masternodes: I'm of the opinion at this time that what's good for Masternodes is good for every DRK holder. If masternodes are desirable, more will be bought, which in turn means higher prices for everyone, including those that don't have 1,000 DRK.

Within reason: I don't think 100% of rewards going to Masternodes would be good for DRK, obviously, but going from 10% to 20% is definitely going up the scale of what's good for DRK, not down, if that makes any sense. All IMO, of course; for me, the cutoff where it starts hurting DRK would be somewhere around 30-50% of rewards (including more negative perception we'd get from that, not to mention there'd be big incentive to run Masternodes, leaving little liquidity to do private money transfers, which is the whole point of DRK, right?). << holy run-on sentences
darkproton

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:02:41 PM

the best i can tell almost all the dumping has come from one or maybe two mega whales that have been dumping coins by the 1000's the last 48hrs or so. he was eating 100btc buy walls on mintpal like they were nothing. pretty scary stuff, he maybe out of coins now, we should know within the next 24hrs.
I agree. Definetly a whale or two or more. Banging out in big chunks. Market right now needs calm. Rsi of 4hours is 38.5, so it does signal the end of selling is nigh, hopefully. Anyway, I pulled some pages for those looking to secure masternodes. Going to pull more stuff for people to read all that jazz.
https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/4/html/Security_Guide/s2-wstation-privileges-noroot.html
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/articles/how-to-protect-ssh-with-two-factor-authentication
http://www.keywordintellect.com/amazon-web-services/managing-an-amazon-ec2-instance-using-putty-ssh/
http://aws.amazon.com/iam/details/mfa/
I believe having 2 factor-auth is also crucial on the amazon account itself. Not sure if others offer it but they probably do. Not just the box if one elects to do it bit the actual login account. If your e-mail account is compromised then your box(s) risk easy penetration through the use of your e-mail and details therein.
ntrn500

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:03:00 PM

Probably a naive assumption about the MN servers & versions' issues: can MN with the latest version just agree to ignore (blacklist) the MN with previous versions?  Huh
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:11:49 PM

Probably a naive assumption about the MN servers & versions' issues: can MN with the latest version just agree to ignore (blacklist) the MN with previous versions?  Huh

Well, it wouldn't be the Masternodes, it'd be the network, but I believe it should be possible.
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:15:30 PM

Also, you can't think superficially about this. It is actually very good for miners. The reward for miners was already bottomed at 4.5 the change will only take it to 4. That is only a 10% reduction but on the other hand will promote holding from the master nodes and take coins out of circulation appreciating much more than 10% thus providing miners with a better return.  Plus, Darkcoin has such a long way to go price wise that it would be short-sighted to stop mining such a strong coin.
fernando

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:16:25 PM

Well, it wouldn't be the Masternodes, it'd be the network, but I believe it should be possible.

It should. However, I think the problems during the last fork started with P2Pools, not MNs.
CryptoPleb

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:17:58 PM

Maybe all the FUD, attacks, etc. in the last month have left me skittish -- but I wonder even in the short term what might happen to the coin if there is an organized effort to hurt DRK based around pools cheating.   If Evan does go through with this then I hope I am just worrying over nothing.  

If? It is a given that at least half the pools and big farms (a lot of them nowadays) won't be paying. So the 20% will be more like 10% for the masternodes, =what they were expecting anyway. But it will be a disproportionate weight to the "fair" pools.

Apparently I have more faith in humanity than anyone else around here  Smiley I'll implement the masternode payments via hardfork, who knows, maybe all of you are right.

By the way, I'm not talking about the price now or even in a year. It's about the security of the network when it's large enough to support a decent amount of transactions. Giving a higher reward simply doubles or triples the cost of such an attack, 10% was just too low.

What great guy you are actually listening. No ego at all. Like the others I also believe a hardfork is the best choice. Lovin' Dark's future Smiley
Icebucket

Activity: 409

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:27:02 PM

I was trying to find the wiki and went to the first page of this thread hoping to find it there but is missing.
So I went to the darkcoin.io site to try to find it there but under https://www.darkcoin.io/faq.html there is nothing

Also there has not been any media release since 22th of April.

Under community there is a get involved section that is missing the post from evan asking people to get involved

in https://www.darkcoin.io/userguide.html there is nothing

seems like we forgot about finishing the main page of darkcoin  Tongue

“Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.”
― Gautama Buddha
funnynews

Activity: 278

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:28:01 PM

Doubt

http://s13.postimg.org/7wkwmelfr/philosoraptor_mining.jpg

Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:33:16 PM

This rally seems to be targeting 0.027 or so before a potential pullback; if we break 0.027 immediately though watch out because a near-doubling is not that far off from there. This is basically what happens when the next BTC emerges in a world where BTC already exists. The realization that 'holy shit, this is the next Bitcoin and I'm not missing it this time' spreads like wildfire.

Just my 2DRK's.

JL

Upon closer inspection, 0.028 looks to be the number we're being drawn to which will be the short-term make or break....not 0.027.
And I use MintPal, always.
JL
Technically, we are sitting here at a make or break moment once again.
Above .0175 could spur a good, solid rally. Retesting prior highs pretty quickly wouldn't be out of the question.
Below .0145 could cause a good drop lower, who knows how low.
We shall see.
JL

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
zwiggel

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:34:12 PM

Btw just want to say this. I know from some insider info that some guy who is really known on btc e has stated that he hates drk and has dumped all at 0.014 on a panic sell LOL LOL. He went all in x11 coin and he is gonna dump THE FUCK OUT OF you. And not talking about a Fontas style ltc dump. No bigger..

The only hint I can give is ''Cool''
lol not kidding. Some kid promoting drk like crazy then when he panic sells at 0.014 because I KNOW he fucking did. All of sudden after that he starts hating on it like hard and promotes x11 coin hard. Untill hes gonna dump everything on you.

#justsaying
Standhaft

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:35:46 PM

Btw just want to say this. I know from some insider info that some guy who is really known on btc e has stated that he hates drk and has dumped all at 0.014 on a panic sell LOL LOL. He went all in x11 coin and he is gonna dump THE FUCK OUT OF you. And not talking about a Fontas style ltc dump. No bigger..

lol not kidding. Some kid promoting drk like crazy then when he panic sells at 0.014 because I KNOW he fucking did. All of sudden after that he starts hating on it like hard and promotes x11 coin hard. Untill hes gonna dump everything on you.

#justsaying

the koolio obviously. He already shouted out his panic in this thread when the price fell

DRK - Xi9PB8XXN9Gn4HFG7NtzsXNiBQC4jdFvnH
xabrabris

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:37:11 PM

Is the X11Coin just hype and vapor? I can't find the thread for it on these forums. The trade volume exceeded Darkcoin on Mintpal today. Is this the power of Twittersphere pumpers and noob buyers?

i think its just hype cause i dont see any serious approach in their forum

thread is https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=600706.0
Mountaineeer

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:41:50 PM

#justsaying

the koolio obviously. He already shouted out his panic in this thread when the price fell

That would not be the first time he sold at a near term low and advised other to do so as well...troll box archives tell the whole story
Pages: « 1 ... 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 [1513] 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: