Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 07:11:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661428 times)
Mrrr

Activity: 617
Merit: 528

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:30:56 PM

How does the distribution between the groups work?  Or does everyone get the exact same share?
I read rumour that group 1 would get 6/6 share, group 2 2/6 and group 3 1/6.    

Seems ironic considering many people who are 'veterans' on the list were 'new accounts' during NxT's IPO.  I don't wish to name names but several of the big names here are good examples of that.  I don't grasp the logic here of "reward veterans and punish newbies", especially when the newbies themselves are just as likely, if not arguably more, to be bigger supporters of NEM than some random veteran who posted on thread 2 who has a portfolio containing dozens of different coins.

Thread 1 Group 2, getting less stake than a Thread 2 group 1 'Veteran' - them feels.  When I was interested in NEM, there wasn't any explosive hype as far as I could tell.  

Total/nr. of stakeholders. Don't rant on the basis of rumours Smiley

burp...
TauMuon

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:33:29 PM

have the coins been distributed ??

Not yet! There is no current ETA for the distribution, a few months probably.

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
TauMuon

Activity: 224

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:38:54 PM

yes i have my million NEM´s and i trade on cryptsy ... u not?  ....  it goes to the moooooooooon

Behave! *slap*

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
erkki12

Activity: 165
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:45:08 PM

How does the distribution between the groups work?  Or does everyone get the exact same share?
I read rumour that group 1 would get 6/6 share, group 2 2/6 and group 3 1/6.    

Seems ironic considering many people who are 'veterans' on the list were 'new accounts' during NxT's IPO.  I don't wish to name names but several of the big names here are good examples of that.  I don't grasp the logic here of "reward veterans and punish newbies", especially when the newbies themselves are just as likely, if not arguably more, to be bigger supporters of NEM than some random veteran who posted on thread 2 who has a portfolio containing dozens of different coins.

Thread 1 Group 2, getting less stake than a Thread 2 group 1 'Veteran' - them feels.  When I was interested in NEM, there wasn't any explosive hype as far as I could tell.  

This will not happen. Equal shares for all.
SBOSS

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

Start your Own Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:55:04 PM

This will not happen. Equal shares for all.

Ok.  Then you can disregard the post I made.

[ COINSCLONE  ✔  No programming skills needed    ✔  Liquidity ready   ✔  Earn via Commission
█████████████  CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE SOFTWARE   |    (❪  FREE TRIAL  ❫)
Launch  a  website  like  Binance  or  Coinbase      █     ⚫    telegram    ⚫    whatsapp
Megalodon25

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:46:58 PM

I think it havent yet, but when then?
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:59:11 PM

Does somebody know if the finale stake holder list already is published, so yes, where can I find it and so no, when does it come? The devs said, 22februair... thanks!
erkki12

Activity: 165
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:02:30 AM

I think it havent yet, but when then?

There isn't an estimated release date set yet. The developer team is working on making the code as good as possible. Also the latest info that I have is that we will launch NEM with a working and easy-to-use client to help adaptation.

I'd say that for now we all must be patient and work towards a strong ecosystem at the launch. If you feel like contributing to NEM you can spread the word! For interested parties there is a waiting list established in ournem.com
nisse

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:40:49 AM

Hey, I'm new here, just clarification question for proof of importance mining, is it basically so that the longer you have coins on the wallet the better you mine? I cant wait to see how this developed!
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 01:02:54 AM

I think we should brainstorm about how to get a FIAT <-> NEM service going.
Any ideas ?

PayPal shuts you down before you can say "new econom... aaaan your shut down.

If you wan't to work with wire transfer you have to go through tons of legal issues.

Physically sending the money takes way to long.

I'm not sure how many countries have internet banking that offers fast money transfer? In the UK and it would appear Holland a company called Bittylicious acts as a broker and escrows the crypto-currency for fiat. If I want to buy Bitcoin for fiat I enter an amount of Bitcoin and get a fiat price in pounds. If I'm happy then Bittylicious present the seller bank details, I use these details on my internet banking person to person fast payment system. The fast payment system normally completes in a few minutes but can take upto a maximum of 2 hours. Bittylicious (somehow) monitors the payment and registers when it is complete, they then transfer the Bitcoins and again wait for at least 1 confirmation.

Maybe this could be an option to attract new people into NEM straight from fiat?

https://bittylicious.com/

KC

I trade a bit on Bittylicious and I'm talking to them about adding non BTC derived alt-coins like NXT, NEM but they seem a bit limited in their back end integration capabilities, if you spawned from BTC sources they can do it, but other coins they don't seem interested at the moment as its a problem adding something so different when adding BTC alt-coins is easy.

More people should ask, get set up as a trader and trade something else like me then your 'ask' will mean something.

One of the problems with NXT is the lack of a 'contact' / blueprint for exchange integration - if NEM can provide this it will make the solution easier for the exchange devs to figure out how to add it.

Maybe we could make a simple REST API that exchanges could use to quickly add NEM?
I really want NEM on Bittylicious, so if you use them please ask them to add NEM (now might be a bit too early, though).

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 01:04:58 AM

Hey, I'm new here, just clarification question for proof of importance mining, is it basically so that the longer you have coins on the wallet the better you mine? I cant wait to see how this developed!

POI isn't just about holding on to coins, but also transacting with others. You need to trade with others in order to be important to the overall health of the NEM economy.

That being said, we are also considering the concept of coindays. I am testing POI for both with and without coindays to see what the effects are.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 01:29:00 AM

A NEM collaborative idea

Friends, I think we have people from all over the world in this project. We have people from Germany, US , China, Japan, South Africa, Russia, Holland,India just to name a few. I myself is from Bhutan.

How about we create a website where NEM stakeholders from different countries put up stamps and coins for sale in exchange for NEM. We can then donate a percentage of any profit to a charity.

Stamps and coins are not expensive and always in supply, any stakeholder can take part with minimum financial commitment. I know its an idea with limited scope, but it could serve as a catalyst for further growth and publicity for NEM.

I am not a webdisigner but I would be willing to contribute in cash or coin to anyone who takes this initiative.

I am not a webdisigner as well, but I think it is a good idea.

We could try to get http://www.amagimetals.com/ to accept NEM. They already accept bitcoin.
I've bought from them before and they are totally reputable.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 01:32:26 AM

Question on POI

I've search/scanned the thread for POI comments, I have not found an answer to this so apologies if this has been answered.

I tend to use crypto from the same account but not from the same device, so I might have a forging node at home but  transact by signing transactions on a non-forging client on my mobile.

The way I read it, POI is linked to the node activity not account activity.

So I want to contribute as a good community member transact in NEM and run a node but don't want to have to transact from that specific node just to ensure that I benefit from forging on that node through increased POI.

My reading of it also means that commercial nodes and exchanges will gain a lot of POI and could result in NEM looking like Ripple with busineses running the infrastructure and gaining most from that in terms of the transaction fees for the purchase/exchange AND then getting the lions share of the forging benefit.

So with POI can I still effectively participate with my stake in forging somehow?

Accounts initially are going to be BTC-style. Unique keys associated with each account are the identifiers used to track the importance of the account to the network.
Businesses are likely to gain high importance because of their importance to the economy. That being said, we are already considering this and looking at ways to make this more distributed among nodes, rather than consolidating in the hands of just a few.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
suppow

Activity: 68

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 01:45:26 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2014, 01:58:53 AM by suppow

unlucky i missed nem ipo and now im going to miss eXo Cry

tolstoy

Activity: 89

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:48:43 AM

I have an idea. A lot of people were scammed out of 69.5 Bitcoins by this guy who posted a celebratory gif to rub it in their faces. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=457575.msg5302833#msg5302833

Then Bumface came up with the idea of creating a new coin, premine it a little and give it to the people who scammed. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482339.0

I thought that was really nice.

What about taking one Nem stake and also dividing it up and giving it to the victims?

It's just an idea.

This is a great idea, they are like our brothers. Would be a very nice gesture by NEM community. Very , very good idea j23a. How can we be sure they don't have  NEM stake already ?

I guess we can check their names in the stakeholder's lists. But even if they're in the list I'm sure a few extra coins won't be too bad. Take one stake, see what percentage one of the investors spent, and give them a percentage of one Nem stake.

For example this one guy invested 2 Bitcoins, which is 2.8% of the total invested. If one Nem stake is 1,000,000, then he would get 28,766.98 Nem coins.

It's all just a suggestion, and hopefully my math is correct.

I'm not in trello. It's the first time I've heard of the word.

Everyone here get's an equal stake.

And we are looking for stakeholders that can contribute to the NEM community.

I'm not sure if this is a good idea.

I'm not talking about giving them each one stake, I'm talking about dividing one stake between 149 people who got scammed. At least 200 people got their Nem stake for free, using one stake to help out others is not a big deal. This is supposed to be a no envy movement.

Ok, I'm off to bed. I'll be back tomorrow.

Another idea is to signup with the micro-lending charity Kiva. Bitcoin already has a team.
http://www.kiva.org/team/bitcoin

We will be kiva.org/team/NEM

In addition to receiving fiat, the borrowers will also receive a portion in NEM directly to their wallet. Later to be traded with each other or sold on an exchange. This would be good exposure for NEM and could develop into the first major introduction of cryptocurrency to the thousands in need of a loan.

greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:27:37 AM

Is the first post of this thread the only place to see new updates?

It would be nice to have an 'official' blog as well apart from ournem.com with essential updates on what is happening with NEM. 

Also, maybe a Master Task list with things for people to do who can't code like me Smiley

It's hard trying to follow what is going on in a forum thread it is too linear...

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
hisun

Activity: 135

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:44:58 AM

NEM is being more and more people know that we are witnessing a great revolution.
 Grin
UP
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:52:07 AM

unlucky i missed nem ipo and now im going to miss eXo Cry

There is probably going to be a few extra stakes knocking about after an audit i believe. You may get a chance to get in. I cant speak for the development team on that though.

The fundraising was not an IPO. It was partly my fault that is not clear at the beginning. New Economy Movement (NEM) is a community/ association/ movement; read the wiki to understand the term "voluntary association" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voluntary_association. NEM was born with the purpose of building and advancing a peer-to-peer payment network -Nemcoin and other social causes. The idea in the beginning is that that every members of NEM community will be an equal stakeholder and share an equal amount of NEM after Nemcoin were built. But it is not a pre-sale of NEM stakes since it is expected NEM community will work together to build NEMcoin.

The fundraising as written in the front page is "this is a call to join a new decentralized network movement. We are looking for active participants that can help NEM in particular and the decentralized network culture in general". Therefore, the term is "Fee to join in" NEM not the term "selling" Nemcoin or NEMstake.  So I insist that we use the correct terms moving forward.

We have a waiting list and may recruit more members after the public auditing of the stakeholder list. But generally in this round, there will be more requirements to join in.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:56:49 AM

I am supposed to publish the unified stakeholder list today but I have just finished thread 1. I apologize for the delay but I do need some sleep now so will be back at work tomorrow. Be patient   Smiley

UP

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
s111102

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:01:26 AM

I am supposed to publish the unified stakeholder list today but I have just finished thread 1. I apologize for the delay but I do need some sleep now so will be back at work tomorrow. Be patient   Smiley

UP

+1, take your time.
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: