Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:29:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
Whinehouse

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:17:53 PM

We are looking for a Web client developer who would work with thies1965 to provide NEM an awesome basic client upon launch and with asset exchange functionality  when we have V1 blockchain.

Contact utopianfuture for further information. If NEM community knows someone qualified, let him know we are interested. Thanks.  

Hi UF, is there a current ETA for the V1 launch?

Thanks!

We aim for June/July the latest but can't say anything for sure at least until we are on the testnet.

that sounds great - better the devs take all the time they need.

Thank you all for that hard work! Sadly I have just a master-degree in Education, so I don't know exactly how I could help NEM atm  Undecided
But when I can do something for promoting or asking exchanges, you can count on me!  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fatih87SK

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:34:29 PM

We are looking for a Web client developer who would work with thies1965 to provide NEM an awesome basic client upon launch and with asset exchange functionality  when we have V1 blockchain.

Contact utopianfuture for further information. If NEM community knows someone qualified, let him know we are interested. Thanks.  

...I just PMd wesleyh your post!    Wink

Marcus03 is also good. I like his NXT Solaris work.

ashapasa

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:41:40 PM

so many crapcoin outhere in altcoin announcement it makes me dizzy Shocked . Where do u think this will ultimately lead to ? I am afraid all these crap coins will bury NEM under a ton of  Huh crap.
Scharfenberger

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:12:32 PM

so many crapcoin outhere in altcoin announcement it makes me dizzy Shocked . Where do u think this will ultimately lead to ? I am afraid all these crap coins will bury NEM under a ton of  Huh crap.

I don't think so. Of course there are so many crap-coins right there but in my opinion NEM will beat most of them when its finally developed and released. I can imagine no one else has such a big community standing behind.
Maybe NEM need some time in the beginning to get well known but this is all coins inherent.  Cool 
ashapasa

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:34:09 PM

I don't think so. Of course there are so many crap-coins right there but in my opinion NEM will beat most of them when its finally developed and released. I can imagine no one else has such a big community standing behind.
Maybe NEM need some time in the beginning to get well known but this is all coins inherent.  Cool 

There is no doubt NEM will be special, its just that the crapcoin stain might get smeared on NEM too, some people want to call NEM NEMCoin, I too thought it was the right thing to call it but the more shitcoin I see the more the ending word "COIN" seems more like a negative.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:37:25 PM

There is no doubt NEM will be special, its just that the crapcoin stain might get smeared on NEM too, some people want to call NEM NEMCoin, I too thought it was the right thing to call it but the more shitcoin I see the more the ending word "COIN" seems more like a negative.

Personally I don't mind there being so many coins. Let the people have some fun Smiley
What does bother me is that a lot of those coins that bringt no actual innovation or value over their ancestors have higher prices than say NXT or XRP.

I'm very confident that NEM can be a real big player if we manage to get our message out and people are willing to understand.
If people don't want to learn you can't force them. There are just many people that will call any coin shitty just because.

Scharfenberger

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 08:16:36 PM

so many crapcoin outhere in altcoin announcement it makes me dizzy Shocked . Where do u think this will ultimately lead to ? I am afraid all these crap coins will bury NEM under a ton of  Huh crap.

Maybe NEM need some time in the beginning to get well known but this is all coins inherent.  Cool  

Personally I don't mind there being so many coins. Let the people have some fun Smiley
What does bother me is that a lot of those coins that bringt no actual innovation or value over their ancestors have higher prices than say NXT or XRP.

I'm very confident that NEM can be a real big player if we manage to get our message out and people are willing to understand.
If people don't want to learn you can't force them. There are just many people that will call any coin shitty just because.

I'm not of another opinion. However we should think about mounting some campaigns to attract more people. Our advantage is the bulk of members we have in comparison to all other coins still today!  Grin So we have just to use this advantage to get a leading alt coin.
You can find so many good ideas in here in the discussion-thread we should bundle maybe better in a new thread.
In my case, i like very much the lasts ideas about charity programs.
ashapasa

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 08:25:22 PM

I think mining plays a big part in the allure of cryptocurrency, I remember being excited like a little boy when I first started mining litecoin with my tiny rig haha.

NXT and Ripple both being premined does not have that same attraction even though they are clearly innovative. Only after people become fed-up of the heat and noise and constant monitoring of the rigs do they realize POS is valuable.
sjarkara

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 08:29:12 PM

Right, the euro and the dollar don't need the word coin either. NEM is fine.
hypersire

Activity: 596

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 09:28:38 PM

Agreed! New Economy Movement is a great name as it emphasizes that NEM is much more than just another coin.
jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 09:40:43 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2014, 10:19:24 PM by jkoil

so many crapcoin outhere in altcoin announcement it makes me dizzy Shocked . Where do u think this will ultimately lead to ? I am afraid all these crap coins will bury NEM under a ton of  Huh crap.

Maybe NEM need some time in the beginning to get well known but this is all coins inherent.  Cool  

Agreed! New Economy Movement is a great name as it emphasizes that NEM is much more than just another coin.

it is not so clear Smiley  coz if NEM is New Economy Movement and more than a coin, then it can't be the NEM's currency ...

Though NEM is different from the "real" moneys, it is not denied to use same kind of logic in the namings Smiley

United States (of America) - US   <---> United States Dollar    - USD - $
European Union                - EU    <--->  euro                        - EUR - €
United Kingdom                - UK    <--->  pound sterling / pound - GBP - £

New Economy Movement - NEM    <--->  ? ?                           - ?    - ?

... When assuming that NEM is comparable to US & al. Smiley

Someone suggested once that the currency would be "nem". It is better than "NEM", though letter case is not making difference enough.
hypersire

Activity: 596

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:30:28 PM

it is not so clear Smiley  coz if NEM is New Economy Movement and more than a coin, then it can't be the NEM's currency ...

Though NEM is different from the "real" moneys, it is not denied to use same kind of logic in the namings Smiley

European Union                - EU    <--->  euro                        - EUR - €

Someone suggested once that the currency would be "nem". It is better than "NEM", though letter case is not making difference enough.

Ah, I see what you are talking about now. How about:

NEMUs (New Economy Movement Units)

NEM Credits
NEM Tokens

or just

NEMs
Nacionalito

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:07:09 PM

I think it can stand for New Economy Movement and the currency can still just be called NEM.  I don't see why not.  I think it stands out better than Nemcoin.
ThePatient

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:17:26 PM

I think it can stand for New Economy Movement and the currency can still just be called NEM.  I don't see why not.  I think it stands out better than Nemcoin.

Yea, just calling the currency itself 'NEM' is fine, I think.
jkoil

Nxt NEM

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:09:39 AM

Smiley
btw, how do you pronounce it?   \nem\     \nim\    \en - i - em\      or how?

There was a good posting  http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=75.msg477
It mentioned M-Pesa  "mobile-phone based money transfer and microfinancing service for Safaricom and Vodacom, the largest mobile network operators in Kenya and Tanzania."
The name comes from : M for mobile, pesa is Swahili for money.
This is an example of keeping the existing names. In that case the name is local.

In the case of NEM, it can't be a local name Smiley
"nem" is though a good, short name, which could present a currency.
But if the movement itself is wanted to separate from the currency by the name, then ...

ThePatient

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:11:13 AM

Smiley
btw, how do you pronounce it?   \nem\     \nim\    \en - i - em\      or how?

There was a good posting  http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=75.msg477
It mentioned M-Pesa  "mobile-phone based money transfer and microfinancing service for Safaricom and Vodacom, the largest mobile network operators in Kenya and Tanzania."
The name comes from : M for mobile, pesa is Swahili for money.
This is an example of keeping the existing names. In that case the name is local.

In the case of NEM, it can't be a local name Smiley
"nem" is though a good, short name, which could present a currency.
But if the movement itself is wanted to separate from the currency by the name, then ...

I say \nem\.

And hell, this thing has barely begun, the name can be anything really.
vladnokov

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:14:24 AM

A generic symbol that contains all three N - E - M characters. Someone with artistic skills will need to work more on this.

http://s7.postimg.org/p6mkhay2j/NEM2sm.jpg

http://s24.postimg.org/kribphktx/NEMsm.jpg

Here is another variation.

http://s28.postimg.org/sv2354kjx/NEM3.gif
jkoil

Nxt NEM

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:48:07 AM

Ah, I see what you are talking about now. How about:

NEMUs (New Economy Movement Units)

NEM Credits
NEM Tokens

or just

NEMs

some similarity with euro Smiley    It was earlier  European Currency Unit (ECU).  "nemu" ... not bad Smiley

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euro#Currency_sign
heajin5921

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:52:04 AM

somebody can tell me where is the finally stakeholder list??

Bwincoin - 100% Free POS. <BFLFB8V7h3yhDs5irELoFo4tDB7ZC3MrQN>
CurtainsRoverrated

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:24:46 AM

So, just to clear things up (for me and others):

• Final contractual stakeholder list - sometime this month
  • Final logo decision - sometime this month
  • Alpha of client - sometime next month

Any more specific timeframes than these?
Pages: « 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: