Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:58:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661420 times)
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:47:56 AM

So, just to clear things up (for me and others):

• Final contractual stakeholder list - sometime this month
  • Final logo decision - sometime this month
  • Alpha of client - sometime next month

Any more specific timeframes than these?

There will be a Development Contract Announcement this month. I am going to set it tentatively on March 29. The Development Contract Announcement will specify clear terms on core development team, development team, NEM community, respective expectation for each groups, development shares, current and future governance of reserve shares, development timelines, total NEM for each stake etc. After the announcement of the Development Contract, there will be a refund period. Anyone can get their money back if they wish to do so.

As I said in the past, the fund raising period  was more like a "call for participation" or if you take an investor's POV, the fee sent in is more like a reservation fee. As it is written in the disclaimer "No contractual promise is made to anyone" and it is indeed the case until the Development Contract Announcement.

The current estimates for the alpha version on testnet is in April and an official launch in May, but more specific time frames will be announced in the Development Contract Announcement. Official logo will only be needed before the official launch for the press release and promotions and the logo committee will take care of that.

On the administrative side, we are finalizing the refunding list after the public auditing, then we will invite more people in the waiting list to join. The final list will be ready before the Development Contract Announcement

I hope this is clear. Thanks for supporting NEM.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 02:24:36 AM

Utopianfuture

Is anyone from NEM core team planning on attending http://www.coinsumm.it/ Some big names are going to be there, and I know you wanted some prominent names to be able to get a stake. Might be worth a shot.
hisun

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 02:29:25 AM

There will be a Development Contract Announcement this month. I am going to set it tentatively on March 29. The Development Contract Announcement will specify clear terms on core development team, development team, NEM community, respective expectation for each groups, development shares, current and future governance of reserve shares, development timelines, total NEM for each stake etc. After the announcement of the Development Contract, there will be a refund period. Anyone can get their money back if they wish to do so.

As I said in the past, the fund raising period  was more like a "call for participation" or if you take an investor's POV, the fee sent in is more like a reservation fee. As it is written in the disclaimer "No contractual promise is made to anyone" and it is indeed the case until the Development Contract Announcement.

The current estimates for the alpha version on testnet is in April and an official launch in May, but more specific time frames will be announced in the Development Contract Announcement. Official logo will only be needed before the official launch for the press release and promotions and the logo committee will take care of that.

On the administrative side, we are finalizing the refunding list after the public auditing, then we will invite more people in the waiting list to join. The final list will be ready before the Development Contract Announcement

a good news. Grin
Jaguar0625

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 03:23:18 AM

Utopianfuture

Is anyone from NEM core team planning on attending http://www.coinsumm.it/ Some big names are going to be there, and I know you wanted some prominent names to be able to get a stake. Might be worth a shot.

It might be to early (since we don't have working code yet). But, NXT is just being represented by an "investor". So, in my opinion, any stakeholder could go.

NEM - nem.io
wilpower2014

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:24:35 AM

NEM is really moving ahead. I just check the website and its pretty awesome. I visited the ourNEM facebook page and hit like.
editor499

Activity: 31

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:59:27 AM

Smiley
stevenzhang

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:08:50 AM

somebody can tell me where is the finally stakeholder list?
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:16:33 AM

somebody can tell me where is the finally stakeholder list?

It doesn't exist yet.

This is the most recent one: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlidWok7hW0DdHVfeU1BRFVoZkJ6QTRvcjc2cTQzQ2c#gid=1

In case you can't find yourself: No. 3018 of T2.

makiyo_love

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:26:21 AM

Very good, getting better and better.
erkki12

Activity: 165
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:32:02 PM

We're forming a SWARM team devoted to the promotion of NEM. We're looking members who are willing to do commenting and upvoting/liking articles, posts, videos etc. in order to promote NEM.

All interested, please send me email to the address nempromotion@gmail.com or PM with your email address and I'll list you!

For the record the SWARM team is not yet active, since there is no coin launched. We're forming the team now, so that we'll have it ready when the need comes.

E
ashapasa

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:12:41 PM

We're forming a SWARM team devoted to the promotion of NEM. We're looking members who are willing to do commenting and upvoting/liking articles, posts, videos etc. in order to promote NEM.

All interested, please send me email to the address nempromotion@gmail.com or PM with your email address and I'll list you!

For the record the SWARM team is not yet active, since there is no coin launched. We're forming the team now, so that we'll have it ready when the need comes.

E

How many swarmers do we have. When do u want to start the swarm assault  Grin it will be fun
erkki12

Activity: 165
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:33:23 PM

E

How many swarmers do we have. When do u want to start the swarm assault  Grin it will be fun

We got 20+

We should start maybe in next month after we have all the stakeholder lists done and other things done. So before the official launch, but not too soon, because there wont be anything for people to see..
nxtvisa

Activity: 263

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:50:03 PM

I think it can stand for New Economy Movement and the currency can still just be called NEM.  I don't see why not.  I think it stands out better than Nemcoin.

Yea, just calling the currency itself 'NEM' is fine, I think.
现在有币友把NEM叫做“新经济币”,下面几个名字:纽曼币、尼姆币、如何?
怎么看都觉得没有“比特币”叫得响亮,有未来感。。。

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
jyou17

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 02:01:22 PM

Whilst I haven't been very active at all due to uni. I would just like to say that I've still been following and am very impressed with how everything is going so far. You guys are being very thorough and enthusiastic with the whole project and it looks to be turning out great so far! I will continue to keep following with excitement! Great job all, to both the developers as well as the members, we will ALL make this coin a powerhouse.
ashapasa

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 02:06:43 PM

what gives a thing value. Is it utility, is it beauty, is it nostalgia/emotion, is it cultural?
why is a diamond more valuable then medicine. Why is an arsenal win over spurs more valuable to me then $100 but not a $1000.

The Mona Lisa is to me personally worth very little but to an art lover invaluable. It's rare,beautiful has historical emotional value which converts to financial value.  

Bitcoin has value because its relatively rare, innovative, has utility and has gained a reasonable amount of trust. Aurora coin has value because it has utility, somewhat rare, speculative value and sentimental value.  

What is the most important component for value creation. How would Nem be valuable to people.Sorry I am just daydreaming. Smiley
TauMuon

Activity: 224

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:52:23 PM

Sounds fantastic! Smiley

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
TauMuon

Activity: 224

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:55:05 PM

what gives a thing value. Is it utility, is it beauty, is it nostalgia/emotion, is it cultural?
why is a diamond more valuable then medicine. Why is an arsenal win over spurs more valuable to me then $100 but not a $1000.

The Mona Lisa is to me personally worth very little but to an art lover invaluable. It's rare,beautiful has historical emotional value which converts to financial value.  

Bitcoin has value because its relatively rare, innovative, has utility and has gained a reasonable amount of trust. Aurora coin has value because it has utility, somewhat rare, speculative value and sentimental value.  

What is the most important component for value creation. How would Nem be valuable to people.Sorry I am just daydreaming. Smiley

NEM would be valuable because people give it value.

It begs the question, why is anything valuable? The answer is that there is nothing intrinsically valuable about diamond, gold, silver or other precious metals. The idea of 'intrinsic value' is nonsense.

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
ashapasa

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:17:12 PM

It begs the question, why is anything valuable? The answer is that there is nothing intrinsically valuable about diamond, gold, silver or other precious metals. The idea of 'intrinsic value' is nonsense.

Which begs the question why people apart from us stakeholders give it value  Cheesy. How do we make people fall in love with NEM? Doge was brilliant, it appealed to the better side of human nature. It started by being fun, making fun of the greed culture among miners and being generous. wow its really hard to think of ideas that are effective.   
RunPastChickens

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:21:06 PM

I've always thought this. Some of the early arguments against Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies went along the lines of "They have no value. It's just numbers. Normal currency is backed up by gold!".

But (as you said) why is gold valuable? What is value? Value is what everyone agrees something is worth.
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:22:07 PM

Utopianfuture

It might be to early (since we don't have working code yet). But, NXT is just being represented by an "investor". So, in my opinion, any stakeholder could go.

Any Bay Area NEM members willing to sign up and represent? I know the price may be high and we can contribute for the ticket, that is not a problem. Be absolutely sure to represent well though, some big guns going and they wouldn't mind a stake.
Pages: « 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: