Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:07:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 ... 1311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2004321 times)
ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 1237

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 12:45:56 PM

Last few weeks it was monday til thursday: moon!
Friday: not much happening
Weekend: craaaash!

600BTC sold in 1 and a half hours I cant understand a bigger crash than that ATM.
but ETH recovered...

A little advice: Always zoom out and check how much volume there was before a price rise and at lower prices. After a pump it's pretty normal that it goes down with an equal volume but very often not that fast. It's not possible to make safe predictions but if there should be a quiet time in the next days and weeks, and if BTC should rise, I would expect that it will go down even more. Maybe to 0.008 or something like that. But: Impossible to be sure about it, because it's obviously wanted.

Yes it is obvious that the price will correct, maybe to less than what you mentioned before, I think it could go to as low as 0.004 (a factor of 4.25, especially if BTC goes up).

Even if the price goes to 0.004, it is still profitable for some miners to mine and sell. So the price could go even lower.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Timeline
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 12:54:06 PM

600BTC sold in 1 and a half hours I cant understand a bigger crash than that ATM.
but ETH recovered...

A little advice: Always zoom out and check how much volume there was before a price rise and at lower prices. After a pump it's pretty normal that it goes down with an equal volume but very often not that fast. It's not possible to make safe predictions but if there should be a quiet time in the next days and weeks, and if BTC should rise, I would expect that it will go down even more. Maybe to 0.008 or something like that. But: Impossible to be sure about it, because it's obviously wanted.

Yes it is obvious that the price will correct, maybe to less than what you mentioned before, I think it could go to as low as 0.004 (a factor of 4.25, especially if BTC goes up).

Even if the price goes to 0.004, it is still profitable for some miners to mine and sell. So the price could go even lower.

I doubt we will go that low. I think there is genuine interest in ETH and Homestead release is most likely coming soon. My guess is we might see 800k but not much lower. Of course I might be totally wrong.  Cheesy

mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 01:04:33 PM

but ETH recovered...

I doubt we will go that low. I think there is genuine interest in ETH and Homestead release is most likely coming soon. My guess is we might see 800k but not much lower. Of course I might be totally wrong.  Cheesy

Homestead is priced in, everybody knows about the release so it is not news that could create a spike, there is really genuine interest in Ethereum, I really think it is brilliant, but price discovery doesn't work that way... and BTW I never said that it will stay at 0.004 level.
chafer99

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 01:41:06 PM

Dwarfpool has 41% mining: https://www.etherchain.org/statistics/miners
houlala1

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 02:08:19 PM

7 hours 50 minutes now !
DrPaid

Activity: 157

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 02:16:00 PM

Volume has been crazy lately. But as always be careful before throwing your bits anywhere. ETH have played this out very well.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 02:16:38 PM

I'm an Ethereum holder, but this talk of 1 BTC to 1 ETH is really out there. For one, we are comparing apples and oranges here. I see BTC first as a store of value. Ethereum, at least for a while longer, is really going to be producing more Ethers. Maybe it can be a store of value but I think it much more likely that ETH fuels online apps and the store of value will come from a token written on top of Etherium. But I am open to the unexpected, a bit later down the road.

I do say we have no idea what is coming. I am really excited to see what will be built on top of Ethereum but also Bitcoin for that matter. For sure companies are getting behind Ethereum but a Billion dollars in investment went into the BTC infrastructure last year.

And if Ether are worth the same or more than BTC, that is ok, quite easy to cover yourself in that case. If you have 10 BTC, you can buy 10 Ether for a fraction of a BTC. There is your hedge.

In the end it will be about sharing though,
Its about sharing

You mentioned Ethereum can be a store of value with a token written on the of Ethereum. Can that token be bitcoin or other existing coin?

I imagine BTC can be moved to any run anywhere they want as it is code, but you wouldn't move it to a place with a smaller market cap, would you?
In a sense, this is the basis of using BTC's blockchain to store assets on (and the value of BTC must far exceed the assets on it of course.)

And you would want the potential hashing power to be much greater than BTC's.

I will say, I don't think we really have any idea where Ethereum, Bitcoin, etc. will be, even in just 5 years. I'm just speaking a bit of common sense at this point.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 02:18:56 PM

unreal volume. not just on polo, but all other exchanges.

Ethereum also has the largetst volume in Bitterex. The rise is supported by large volume.

Any idea of the next peak price? $10?

Ethereum keeps growing in volume on different exchanges. I have no doubt that it would reach $10 or more in the next months. Just wait for 1 or 2 years and you will see when 1 ETH will be equal to 1 BTC. Do you think this might be possible?  Roll Eyes

Anyways, I think it is best to buy more ETH while you still can since I doubt that the price will go any lower. By the looks of it, seems that it will just keep going up and up all the way to the moon slowly but steady.  Grin

no , in 1-2 years it could be 4btc for 1eth  Grin
i posted this in another forum yesterday..

The btc tech is old. If you look at all digital technolgies they always have huge evolution progress every 5-10 years. BTC cant go much further, the journey is coming to an end.
Think, kazaa,limewire were awesome now we all use torrents.
Nokia was top of the mobile game now its apple
msn messenger,myspace were years ahead of the compettion now we all use facebook.
i could give examples all day long.

By 2023 we will be living in a very different world. Cryptographic money may be common, but the layman will not know that he's using it. This money, however, is not Bitcoin . After years of failing to adapt,to its rapidly advancing technological environment, BTC slowly fizzles out into obsolescence.
But the vision of Satoshi is not forgotten. The very meaning of the word "cryptocracy" is being flipped on it's head. The shadow government is loosing its grip on the people, cryptography and blockchain technologies are not only empowering people to take control of their wealth, but also to make their voices heard. True democracy is enabled through the means of provably fair voting systems and smart contracts. Now there is no need for trust, and thus no need for representatives. The people take back the power and are able to govern the world by majority consensus for the first time in history.
Bitcoin will go down in the history books as one of the first stepping stones to the new society. It is a pioneer and we learned a valuable lesson along the way: to once again never trust a single group with the control of the money supply.

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BNC1/BLX/YFDnalUh-The-Road-to-Obsolescence-A-Seven-Year-Cycle-in-Bitcoin/        Tongue

I'm an Ethereum holder, but this talk of 1 BTC to 1 ETH is really out there. For one, we are comparing apples and oranges here. I see BTC first as a store of value. Ethereum, at least for a while longer, is really going to be producing more Ethers. Maybe it can be a store of value but I think it much more likely that ETH fuels online apps and the store of value will come from a token written on top of Etherium. But I am open to the unexpected, a bit later down the road.

I do say we have no idea what is coming. I am really excited to see what will be built on top of Ethereum but also Bitcoin for that matter. For sure companies are getting behind Ethereum but a Billion dollars in investment went into the BTC infrastructure last year.

And if Ether are worth the same or more than BTC, that is ok, quite easy to cover yourself in that case. If you have 10 BTC, you can buy 10 Ether for a fraction of a BTC. There is your hedge.

In the end it will be about sharing though,
Its about sharing

Augurs REPUTATION token had a 24 hr high of 0.9 BTC yesterday so it's not all that unimaginable to see ETH hit that same same mark:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Augur/comments/457qg5/rep_goes_up_to_09btc_per_unit_on_garecoin/

Afterall, Augur is using the Ethereum platform, so is it really ALL that far out there?

Ethereum will have to have a lot of value imo before you see really valuable tokens riding on top of her. I don't mean they can't have the a value of 1BTC = e.g. 1 Auger,
but rather real use, powerful network, acceptance, etc. Ethereums value (ETH) will have to be much larger than BTC's before we see valuable tokens riding on top of her imo.

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 03:01:43 PM

Id' be worried if I saw that on agar.io

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
Master_dandosha

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

IF YOU Enjoy Trade with ME ..PUT Feedback Please

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 04:07:16 PM

Frankly i am waiting to reach over 0.04 by the end of today But..
Surprised by the miners crash

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 04:11:23 PM

Is there a site that shows the Bitcoin Hash rate compared to the Ethereum? (And can it really be compared linearly?)

I see BTC at 1.1 BILLION Giga Hashes https://blockchain.info/charts/hash-rate
And Ethereums at 690! https://etherscan.io/charts/hashrate

That is 1.6 million times smaller. Is my math right?

Thx in advance,
IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 04:15:13 PM

The price suddenly fell below 6$. Any idea?  

Perhaps some people who actually like to investigate what their investment really is and can and can't do, found and read this thread: The Ethereum Paradox
Master_dandosha

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

IF YOU Enjoy Trade with ME ..PUT Feedback Please

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 04:39:02 PM

The price suddenly fell below 6$. Any idea? 

Perhaps some people who actually like to investigate what their investment really is and can and can't do, found and read this thread: The Ethereum Paradox
Thanks for sharing i invested a lot in ETH
hope that come true

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Post-Cosmic

Activity: 175

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:07:51 PM

So.. this just in, blind degenerate shorters like the 2 posts^ above me, meanwhile psychologically hurt manchildren that secretly, deeply regret having dumped their ETH loads @ ~.0018 get so maniacally damaged by seeing the recent parabolic pump that they now DDoS the altcoin exchanges..!??!*

Dude, stop DoS'ing exchanges & learn how to trade well, w/o so much emotions maybe? How about that? Buy at the lowest, be patient, sell modestly high, take safe profits along the way, wtf?

* = Is BitTRex still having major lag/socket problems..? Seems to possibly be over now..
Fatman3001
Legendary

Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:57:51 PM

Is there a site that shows the Bitcoin Hash rate compared to the Ethereum? (And can it really be compared linearly?)

Thx in advance,
IAS

Try breaking it.

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 06:59:49 PM

See the market prices all over the place much market manipulation going on by looks of it and some good profit and coin to be made at same time if playing it smart. Would be nice if just continue upwards but not going to happen all the time.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
MaGNeT
Legendary

Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 07:05:20 PM

See the market prices all over the place much market manipulation going on by looks of it and some good profit and coin to be made at same time if playing it smart. Would be nice if just continue upwards but not going to happen all the time.

Only 5 days ago, current price was an all time high for ETH.
Almost every weekend there's been a correction; less people trading, people taking profit.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a new all time high on tuesday.

And just one press release or the soon expected move over to Homestead and we'll see ETH at new ATH's...

People seem to forget we are only in the "Frontier" stage, this project barely even started to take off!

I bought and hold; we ain't seen nothing yet...
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 08:23:22 PM

http://etherscan.io

The good Lord, he has returneth.
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 08:41:43 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2016, 09:45:24 PM by notbatman

Ethereum's tokenized form betrays its complexity. I'm not sure everybody understands the implifications of a decentralized Turing-complete programming language; it's an analytical monetary system.

BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 02:08:39 AM

Thx in advance,
IAS
Although Etherium has indeed much smaller hash rate, but actually they cannot be compared directly since the hash algorithms are completely different.
Pages: « 1 ... 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 ... 1311 »
  Print  

Jump to: