Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:01:03 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin - PoW reward for solar energy | the GREEN KING of Crypto  (Read 138363 times)
polz

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:02:27 PM

coin will dead if dev not set from pow to pos

LuckyKey

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:49:37 PM

Hey, I've been mining like the old days again!  Diff is reasonably low, and coins are flowing to my wallet.   Smiley  I will enjoy this day, and hopefully more to follow with the upcoming diff retarget interval approaching!
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:54:46 PM

Hey, I've been mining like the old days again!  Diff is reasonably low, and coins are flowing to my wallet.   Smiley  I will enjoy this day, and hopefully more to follow with the upcoming diff retarget interval approaching!

Yeah in 4500 blocks we're automatically looking at 15 block difficulty retargets. I doubt the changes being developed will even need to be implemented so early. I would still be possible to break the difficulty if some large miners came in and mined for a bit and left the difficulty so high it would take weeks for the small numbers left behind to fix the damage but it wouldn't be profitable for them.

deathmul

Activity: 472

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:18:56 PM

Seriously we should transfer our all bids and asks to Bittrex. Allcrypt.com every single day have some problems!

LuckyKey

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:44:26 PM

Seriously we should transfer our all bids and asks to Bittrex. Allcrypt.com every single day have some problems!

I just managed to pick up some more cheap SLR on allcrypt. This is a great day…mining coins again nicely, and picking up cheap coins on the exchange.  :-)

LuckyKey

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:46:09 PM

I just managed to pick up some more cheap SLR on allcrypt. This is a great day…mining coins again nicely, and picking up cheap coins on the exchange.  :-)

But you're definetly right, plenty of problems with allcrypt…you gotta figure they'll eventually be pretty stable?
Epiphany

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 12:27:47 AM

But you're definetly right, plenty of problems with allcrypt…you gotta figure they'll eventually be pretty stable?

I'm with moving entirely to Bittrex. I look at both exchanges when I plan to buy, but lately, while I've been tempted by the prices at AllCrypt, I use Bittrex instead. I can't be bothered trying to squeeze every little photon when in the big picture, does it really matter whether I pay 0.54 cents or 0.58 cents or 0.47 cents when I intend to hold until $20? Oh, so I make 3200% on the investment instead of 2900%! Really???  Cheesy So I just do it at Bittrex so that we can try and get more volume on a bigger (and growing) exchange to increase the chances that it gets past 10 cents sooner rather than later. I think that's worth a few lost photons...  Smiley

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with people wanting to get the absolute best possible price they can. But right now, I'm trying to think of the big picture and the road we need to travel to get there. So I ignore the temptation to hang on for the best possible price because I don't think that is necessarily adding any value. As we all know, price and value are two very different things. With that in mind, I don't intend to dicker over a few fractions of a cent if that risks a continued stagnation of value.

That's just my personal opinion.  Kiss

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
passionsurf

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:46:59 AM

I've been following these new KnC scrypt miners lately:
https://www.kncminer.com/categories/litecoin-mining-hardware

They're almost ready to ship the first batch of Titans and mini-Titans and I'm concerned about how the scrypt market is going to respond. Last March, when they first offered the pre-order for these miners, they sold $2 million worth of miners in 4 hours:
http://techcrunch.com/2014/03/20/kncminer-sells-2-million-worth-of-scrypt-mining-machines-in-four-hours

That is 200 machines that are currently rated at 400 Mh/s. And that was just the first four hours. They have probably sold hundreds (if not thousands) more. And the people buying these will want to get a return on their investment. I've been considering purchasing a mini-Titan myself, but I'm not sure if I will really get a ROI, depending on how many (or how few sold). I'm predicting a relatively large Litecoin crash in the coming few months, once these first two batches of KnC Titans get shipped out. And if Litecoin crashes, then Solarcoin will crash along with it. ... Unless of course this PoS/algo stuff gets figured out soon!!!
LuckyKey

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 12:34:19 PM

They're almost ready to ship the first batch of Titans and mini-Titans and I'm concerned about how the scrypt market is going to respond. Last March, when they first offered the pre-order for these miners, they sold $2 million worth of miners in 4 hours:
http://techcrunch.com/2014/03/20/kncminer-sells-2-million-worth-of-scrypt-mining-machines-in-four-hours

That is 200 machines that are currently rated at 400 Mh/s. And that was just the first four hours. They have probably sold hundreds (if not thousands) more. And the people buying these will want to get a return on their investment. I've been considering purchasing a mini-Titan myself, but I'm not sure if I will really get a ROI, depending on how many (or how few sold). I'm predicting a relatively large Litecoin crash in the coming few months, once these first two batches of KnC Titans get shipped out. And if Litecoin crashes, then Solarcoin will crash along with it. ... Unless of course this PoS/algo stuff gets figured out soon!!!

Very good points.  I don't think Litecoin will crash, as the difficulty will just further jump, needing more hashing power to produce more coins.  On the solarcoin side, the impact is a little harder to predict. Titan owners (and other 100+ Mh/s unit owners) will be pointing their miners where the demand is. I don't think the demand is there right now for solarcoins. My guess it'll be more sporadic 1000+ Mh/s days/moments.  With the low difficulty being more frequent, due to more frequent retargeting (soon), they will come.  This should mean more coins on the market.  It also brings back into play the idea that there could be more than the anticipated 50 million, or half of the mined solarcoins, this year. Have to also remember the block reward goes down by 50% after the 50 million mined coin.

There should be some buying times coming.

Of course, PoS would stabilize everything :-)
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 04:39:53 PM

Turn those machines back on.
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 06:03:29 PM

Turn those machines back on.

Right now the hash rate is 420 mh/s. Hash rate 420, heh heh.  Grin

passionsurf

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 07:11:21 PM

Very good points.  I don't think Litecoin will crash, as the difficulty will just further jump, needing more hashing power to produce more coins.  On the solarcoin side, the impact is a little harder to predict. Titan owners (and other 100+ Mh/s unit owners) will be pointing their miners where the demand is. I don't think the demand is there right now for solarcoins. My guess it'll be more sporadic 1000+ Mh/s days/moments.  With the low difficulty being more frequent, due to more frequent retargeting (soon), they will come.  This should mean more coins on the market.  It also brings back into play the idea that there could be more than the anticipated 50 million, or half of the mined solarcoins, this year. Have to also remember the block reward goes down by 50% after the 50 million mined coin.

That may be true.

Well, what do you guys think about the Titans? Would it be worth the investment to get in on the 2nd batch?

If I got the Titan today, I'd probably pay the unit off in 2-3 weeks, but ultimately it depend on how many units they have sold. Does anyone have any idea?
LuckyKey

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:40:49 PM

That may be true.

Well, what do you guys think about the Titans? Would it be worth the investment to get in on the 2nd batch?

If I got the Titan today, I'd probably pay the unit off in 2-3 weeks, but ultimately it depend on how many units they have sold. Does anyone have any idea?

Tough call.  I think the profitable script coins, like Litecoin, will be pushed to great difficulties, like Bitcoin was.  I think one of the big cons is the movement towards alternate, non-asic, algorithms (x11, x13, etc.).  The other big con is the shift with alt coins to the short POW period, followed by POS…which may benefit solarcoin too. :-)  This is an emerging trend, to follow Blackcoin.  It might be tough to pay off the unit that quick, with so many others looking to put their units where it might be profitable?

LuckyKey

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:44:53 PM

Solarcoin getting some high hashing right now 900 Mh/s + ! 

We're burning up those last 2k of blocks before the difficulty retarget code takes affect :-)

LuckyKey

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 11:18:15 AM

I don't see why the Foundation doesn't approach the big boys in the industry for solarcoin investment $? A steady flow of investment $ could easily be converted into coin revenue…which would significantly raise the valuation.

This is being discussed by the Board, but we're delaying action on outreach to big businesses until after the Foundation is legally incorporated, Bylaws finalized, etc.

See this item in the recent Board meeting minutes:

Unanimous decisions about possibilities for outreach to SolarCity and/or other major solar energy companies:
        The Board will inform [names redacted] that it’s too early to take action on their proposal and make formal agreements because we’re still finalizing organizational and legal structure, but that we encourage them to have further dialogue with us.
        The Board will ask [name redacted] to submit his ideas and suggestions for outreach to SolarCity and/or other residential solar companies, and any other entities in the solar industry and supply chain that he thinks are relevant.

I'm sure (once the Foundation is legally setup) they could approach governments for investment $ as well.  There are many govts. that already have funding/grant $ in place to throw at clean energy projects :-)

deathmul

Activity: 472

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 11:28:39 AM

Lool another problems on Allcoin. I moved ally my bids and asks to Bittrex. Now I can sleep well

Epiphany

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 12:40:32 PM

Lool another problems on Allcoin. I moved ally my bids and asks to Bittrex. Now I can sleep well

Allcoin... hehe  Grin

Epiphany

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 02:04:24 PM

Wow, check out this ranking of exchanges by volume traded. Bittrex has surpassed Cryptsy by a pretty healthy margin (more than double the volume) and is nipping at MintPal's heels right now. Looks like we are already listed on a top exchange, no need to even discuss getting listed anywhere else.  Smiley

https://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/markets/info

LuckyKey

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:32:14 PM

What do you think the average solarcoin net hash rate will be when the new diff retarget comes into play in about 1k blocks?  I guess we'll see what's profitable at that point? It'd be nice if the difficulty stabilized some, and settled in the 2-3 range most of the time…that way I could/would still mine :-)   
Epiphany

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 03:00:25 PM

What do you think the average solarcoin net hash rate will be when the new diff retarget comes into play in about 1k blocks?  I guess we'll see what's profitable at that point? It'd be nice if the difficulty stabilized some, and settled in the 2-3 range most of the time…that way I could/would still mine :-)   

Well every 15 minutes it readjusts, so I would think it would all even out over time right?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: