Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:12:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 [397] 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879142 times)
PeterTheGrape

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 04:44:59 AM

Agree this is probably going to be one of the biggest projects in crypto. Also agree with the poster who said Huc should not be all burned into the new coin. If Chimera does become a big project the remaining huc not burned, along with the blockchain, should be preserved. Huc is an historic coin, if nothing else it will always have a credibility that newer game coins will not gain except by marketing.

Imagine if Szabo were to update btc and burn all the btc into the new coin. The new coin would be one of 500 coins created that day.

Chimera is a new project, in a crowded field. Huc should be the first game integrated into it and new devs will work on it while the old huc devs make Chimera work.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2017, 05:08:17 AM

Agree this is probably going to be one of the biggest projects in crypto. Also agree with the poster who said Huc should not be all burned into the new coin. If Chimera does become a big project the remaining huc not burned, along with the blockchain, should be preserved. Huc is an historic coin, if nothing else it will always have a credibility that newer game coins will not gain except by marketing.

Imagine if Szabo were to update btc and burn all the btc into the new coin. The new coin would be one of 500 coins created that day.

Chimera is a new project, in a crowded field. Huc should be the first game integrated into it and new devs will work on it while the old huc devs make Chimera work.

What you have to realize is that even if all the HUC are burned, miners will keep minting new ones. If sufficient support develops for the idea of continuing the Huntercoin game, then they'll keep their miners running. We'll be evaluating what happens while keeping our available time and resources in mind--we have other game ideas we want to pursue more.

If support for continuation on Chimera proves strong enough, however, such that HUC maintains a substantial market cap, then it may happen. There would be funding to utilize. The core Chimera team itself is not pushing for that to occur, though. If there is a developer who wants to work on it, he or she is welcome to talk to us about the idea.

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2017, 09:59:20 AM

you can try with -zapwallettxes command line arguments (not console command)

Should this be used when starting the wallet? If so, will the missing wallet Tx's disappear? I ask because atm they are the only evidence that I've sent the coins to the Poloniex address & if I lose them I won't be able to prove that I actually sent them (even though I do have a printed copy of them).

You could try deletetransaction in console

This command gave me a "method not known" error - but the command "abandontransaction [TxID] seemed to work & all 15 payments are now listed in red, but so far only about 1200 HUC has returned to my available balance & I have no way of knowing which one of the missing payments they came from - or is there a way to find out?

As a test, I sent 20HUC to a different wallet that I control & it worked fine - I then sent another 20HUC to the same Poloniex address as before, which also worked fine - so I'm still at a loss as to why it didn't work before or how to get the missing 4980HUC back.

I didn't yet try the "salvagewallet" command as I figured it was a last resort type of option - do you think this would help my cause?

Thanks for all the input guys - I do appreciate it.

Anyone?......I really would like my HUC back.

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 02:40:44 PM

zapwallettxes should be used on start up, yes. It will just remove any unconfirmed txs from the wallet, so if they are not in mempool, fell out or never transmitted in the first place, this will allow you to resend the coins.
IconFirm

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2017, 02:55:18 PM

zapwallettxes should be used on start up, yes. It will just remove any unconfirmed txs from the wallet, so if they are not in mempool, fell out or never transmitted in the first place, this will allow you to resend the coins.

Thank you for that jwinterm - I'll try it now. Fingers crossed.

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
IconFirm

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2017, 03:45:31 PM

Re-started wallet using "-zapwallettxes" & after rescanning none of the missing funds have re-appeared back in my wallet. I'm beginning to think that all my sent HUC are gone forever due to a bug in the blockchain/client. 15 transactions up in smoke for no reason or explanation.

Great.

moonrock

Activity: 157
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 08:29:07 AM

I like whats going on with Chimera. The idea of a platform for many games to be built leaves huge opportunity.

Huntercoin has always interested me and it seems now will be the time to enter the market and also gain some exposure to Chimera which seems to be the most interesting project/ICO of 2017.

Although there is limited information, the concept has me sold. The dev's have said there will be a very good rate for burning the HUC which is good but I would also like to see some other kickbacks.

If I am to invest in the coin I want ongoing assurance that there will be continued development subsidised from the Chimera ICO. It obviously does not need to be full time but will need acknowledgement. This coin spawned the gaming realm and deserves our commitment.

It will also be wise to consider the integration of HUC as Chimeras gold or some sort of monetary unit. -I don't know. Figure something out.

You have a $400k-$500k goldmine that can be utilised. Much of the HUC will be burned, increasing the value of the remaining tokens but to secure long term value, consider implementing HUC somehow.

If we can guarantee future development, I'm in. If you can integrate the remaining HUC into Chimera somehow, I am more than in.

While we are at it,

Get this trading on a few of the smaller trusted exchanges to increase exposure.

-Cryptopia
-Ccex
-Yobit
-Bittrex

I have traded on these for years and never had a problem so don't give me that shit about smaller exchanges.

Looking forward to Chimera and the Huntercoin future!

moonrock

The thing is, the Chimera blockchain is superior enough to Huntercoin's that there is no reason to continue development of the Huntercoin blockchain beyond a certain point. Eventually, developer support for it will be phased out, as we need to focus on the future.

It is possible to recreate a better version of the Huntercoin concept on top of Chimera (competing for game coins), but we are not focusing on that. We or someone else could decide to do so, however, if there is sufficient resources and public demand. It might involve a crowdsale similar to the one Chimera is about to have, with another HUC burn.

No reason to continue development or support?

There is much money at stake. You have loyal miners, investors, gamers and exchanges. A whole vibrant ecosystem.

Already, the game continues and keeps growing. The marketcap has been growing rapidly and the price has remained relatively stable for an altcoin the past few years. Don't say ridiculous things like "If sufficient support develops for the idea of continuing the Huntercoin game". The support is already there.

I don't like the way you talk or the ideas you have. Its almost like you think your team is too good for HUC and its just supposed to piss off and die.

If you think you can step in and pillage HUC to abandon it you can fuck right off.

The Chimera ICO will be hedging that it gets a fat bag of bitcoins.

To make it worthwhile for the HUC holders, your going to need to provide a rather generous rate of conversion taken from the ANN trading price around 0.000025-0.000033. Whats it going to be against the BTC rate? A %50 bonus, %100 bonus or a %300 bonus.

Basic math/economic principle we understand what a burn means for project funding and HUC price.  

You guys have already said its going to be such a great rate and "...who knows what it will be trading at then *wink". Im very interested in some more information. Some hard figures would be great. Get something out there now so we can start investing in Chimera early on, even a rough estimate.

I want to get into Chimera because I think its the best idea since Ethereum and also has the best team for the job. I don't want to see these people corrupted with money like the ETH dev's just because they can work full time on their passion.

If you guys can stay true I think there will be a whole stack of funding. Possibly well over $2M USD. If you screw over HUC holders or guys scaling in early for Chimera ICO I will guarantee its not going to be a smooth road.

Be real and look after your locals. We will look after you.
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2017, 12:59:08 PM

I like whats going on with Chimera. The idea of a platform for many games to be built leaves huge opportunity.

Huntercoin has always interested me and it seems now will be the time to enter the market and also gain some exposure to Chimera which seems to be the most interesting project/ICO of 2017.

Although there is limited information, the concept has me sold. The dev's have said there will be a very good rate for burning the HUC which is good but I would also like to see some other kickbacks.

If I am to invest in the coin I want ongoing assurance that there will be continued development subsidised from the Chimera ICO. It obviously does not need to be full time but will need acknowledgement. This coin spawned the gaming realm and deserves our commitment.

It will also be wise to consider the integration of HUC as Chimeras gold or some sort of monetary unit. -I don't know. Figure something out.

You have a $400k-$500k goldmine that can be utilised. Much of the HUC will be burned, increasing the value of the remaining tokens but to secure long term value, consider implementing HUC somehow.

If we can guarantee future development, I'm in. If you can integrate the remaining HUC into Chimera somehow, I am more than in.

While we are at it,

Get this trading on a few of the smaller trusted exchanges to increase exposure.

-Cryptopia
-Ccex
-Yobit
-Bittrex

I have traded on these for years and never had a problem so don't give me that shit about smaller exchanges.

Looking forward to Chimera and the Huntercoin future!

moonrock

The thing is, the Chimera blockchain is superior enough to Huntercoin's that there is no reason to continue development of the Huntercoin blockchain beyond a certain point. Eventually, developer support for it will be phased out, as we need to focus on the future.

It is possible to recreate a better version of the Huntercoin concept on top of Chimera (competing for game coins), but we are not focusing on that. We or someone else could decide to do so, however, if there is sufficient resources and public demand. It might involve a crowdsale similar to the one Chimera is about to have, with another HUC burn.

No reason to continue development or support?

There is much money at stake. You have loyal miners, investors, gamers and exchanges. A whole vibrant ecosystem.

Already, the game continues and keeps growing. The marketcap has been growing rapidly and the price has remained relatively stable for an altcoin the past few years. Don't say ridiculous things like "If sufficient support develops for the idea of continuing the Huntercoin game". The support is already there.

I don't like the way you talk or the ideas you have. Its almost like you think your team is too good for HUC and its just supposed to piss off and die.

If you think you can step in and pillage HUC to abandon it you can fuck right off.

The Chimera ICO will be hedging that it gets a fat bag of bitcoins.

To make it worthwhile for the HUC holders, your going to need to provide a rather generous rate of conversion taken from the ANN trading price around 0.000025-0.000033. Whats it going to be against the BTC rate? A %50 bonus, %100 bonus or a %300 bonus.

Basic math/economic principle we understand what a burn means for project funding and HUC price.  

You guys have already said its going to be such a great rate and "...who knows what it will be trading at then *wink". Im very interested in some more information. Some hard figures would be great. Get something out there now so we can start investing in Chimera early on, even a rough estimate.

I want to get into Chimera because I think its the best idea since Ethereum and also has the best team for the job. I don't want to see these people corrupted with money like the ETH dev's just because they can work full time on their passion.

If you guys can stay true I think there will be a whole stack of funding. Possibly well over $2M USD. If you screw over HUC holders or guys scaling in early for Chimera ICO I will guarantee its not going to be a smooth road.

Be real and look after your locals. We will look after you.

Well, foremost you should recognize that miners can easily switch from Huntercoin to Chimera, and that all HUC can be burned for it. So the whole ecosystem isn't gone, nor do any of its actors lose anything.

But yes, there will be no reason to continue developer support of the original Huntercoin blockchain (as we know it today) at some point in the future. You can't expect developers to keep working on inferior technology just for the sake of continuity, like the horse merchant who attacks the automobile. It is absolutely necessary to build a new blockchain, which the Huntercoin game could easily run on top of.

It's just that Chimera has to be built first, so if we want to build Huntercoin on top of it, that's going to occur at a later stage. And it's difficult to assess the feasibility of that until the crowdsale is over, or at least to establish a timeframe. "Support for the idea" isn't really here yet, like you're saying, because nobody has pledged to put HUC down for a burn for HUC 2.0 on Chimera.

They still have to wait, though, until Chimera is done. Even though I think it's a cool idea  Tongue

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
moonrock

Activity: 157
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 04:20:22 PM

Chimera is going to be huge. A blockchain that acts like a Playstation or Xbox and people build games on it really does open up endless opportunity.

All we need is one successful game to take off and we have made it worldwide. The fact that the whole system is worth money and people can invest in it while playing is too crazy.

Why game on a normal system when you can do it on a blockchain and make stacks (if your pro)?

Chimera has the best chance of being this years next big thing. Im buying HUC now on the understanding I will be getting a much better rate than any BTC investor will.

This is so early in the game and I might be taking a risk but this is something I will set aside for the long haul. Like bitcoin, like ETH ICO and NXT back in the day this is another one.

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2017, 09:25:43 PM

Chimera is going to be huge. A blockchain that acts like a Playstation or Xbox and people build games on it really does open up endless opportunity.

That's a good analogy. Or maybe it could be seen more like Steam or some other multiplayer gaming service. The question is therefore if and how soon we should port Huntercoin over to it--or maybe we could think of it as backwards compatibility Tongue

PeterTheGrape

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 05:51:32 PM

The real strength of Chimera will not be any specific technology, it's the fact that it is being done by the huc devs. There are a lot of 'game' coins built to millions of dollars on hype. Huc has the substance the other coins don't even if there is no pumping. When analysts start looking at coins in the Wall Street Urinal, probably less than 2 years away, huc will shine. It might well be the only 'game' coin that lasts if it is done right. Next step should be somebody coming up with a new project for Namecoin. If you combines Huc and Namecoin ideas into Chimera, and did it in a way that there was still continuity in those coins, active development of those coins still, it would be the cryptonuclear weapon of the digital world.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 07:09:57 PM

Re-started wallet using "-zapwallettxes" & after rescanning none of the missing funds have re-appeared back in my wallet. I'm beginning to think that all my sent HUC are gone forever due to a bug in the blockchain/client. 15 transactions up in smoke for no reason or explanation.

Great.

Have you tried dumping your private keys and importing into a fresh wallet then rescanning?
Icon

Activity: 821
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 06:12:50 PM

Got a question, got 2 lans with 2 different ip address, i can run HUC local on x.5.1 network, but now the qt is on a x.1.1 network, how can i get unity client to connect from the x.5.1 network to the x.1.1 network?

I already have in the conf file allow the specify pc's ip address and works fine when there all on the same lan ip address.

Only workaround i found might work is running the unity on local pc thats hosting the qt via remote desktop.. Sad

Icon

synthgauge

Activity: 1149
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 07:50:33 PM

I travel from one thread to another one to share my wisdom with people and animals and help lifting their self-respect. Im one of the many who do their best to create a time bomb and stealthily inject it under ur skin to make u collapse when we decide that the time has come to trigger an explosion and turn ur world into ashes, we are the foreshadow of the new order whose cruel domination will erase u from the surface of earth.
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 10:06:37 PM

now it dumped for accumulation the pump will be like 300% now

yolo
SISAR

Activity: 651
Merit: 518

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 10:26:04 AM

Market at Alcurex should be added to exchange list at starting post, market is located at https://alcurex.com/#HUC-BTC and has a decent volume.
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2017, 10:50:34 AM

Market at Alcurex should be added to exchange list at starting post, market is located at https://alcurex.com/#HUC-BTC and has a decent volume.

We had no idea! Smiley Will spread the word

kringkramfg

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 03:40:49 PM

Alcurex is the poloniex market for HUC, it is a multi-exchange.
lehnelora

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 04:25:12 PM

great! this is one of good ico in my opinion Smiley
success !
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 03:26:37 AM

Great.

Have you tried dumping your private keys and importing into a fresh wallet then rescanning?

Thats good advice.
Alternatively, IconFirm, you wrote you didn't yet try "salvagewallet" yet, now it seems to be the right time to try it Smiley
Just make sure to backup your wallet.dat prior to do doing that.

... this space is not for rent ...
Pages: « 1 ... 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 [397] 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: