Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:19:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BEN] Benjamins ◄ SHA-256 ►◄ BOUNTY AVAILABLE to make BEN merge mineable!!  (Read 94333 times)
itsunderstood

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

American1973

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:12:36 PM

Hello,
I read the whole thread, and I would like to invest into BEN few $$. But what I hate are bugged coins(I lost lot of money on CENT and I will never buy flawed coins anymore). There is written in this thread, that it took someone 24 hours to confirm the transaction. So my question is, is this coin working correctly? What is the current status? What is the real confirmation time? How fast can I transfer the coins. Is is usable to pay with them in real time? How many miners is mining this coin last days?

Thank you

In short it "works" ... just ... but difficulty is so high, and the hashrate so low, that confirms take a very long time (potentially days).  Realistically it could not, at the moment, be used for transactions requiring a reasonably quick confirmation.

Ok, so the coin is useless. Is there a plan to change it? Is someone working on client update to fix this issue?  In my experience with other crashed coins, such bug has to be solved ASAP, or the coin is dead. It is traded on Crypsy, so the coin has value thanks to that, someone fix it, and I will buy as much as possible. If it is not fixed soon, Cryptsy will remove the coin, and there will be no future for it.

It's cool that you are learning about cryptocoins, but, if you are a new user, don't "Buy as much as possible" please you sound like a total n00b pumperdumper.

As for what you say about cryptsy and the future, you don't have any idea, but what you sound like to me, is a market fool.  Why don't you become a miner?  People who play markets deserve to lose.  But those who work as miners, deserve to win, would you agree, new friend?  Okay then mine.

If you just want to make huge upside and downside comments in the same post as a new account?  You sound pumpy dumpy to me, just buy and hold whatever cryptocoin you believe in.  If it doesn't move fast enough for you, move on don't post shit like the above.  Thanks!  Let me know if you need help!

Also, there is no OpenSSL bug in the Ben client so to speak, but the servers need to be alert.  Marketfools will probably be fleeced, BECAUSE IT IS THEIR PASSWORDS AND THE CERT ON THE SERVERS THAT ARE THE RISK VECTOR.  Mining and using the Ben or Bitcoin client won't do anything bad in itself, people will be victims due to other failures, and also listening to messages like your above.  Anyway, feel free to contribute to the thread but bashing and future predictions don't mean crap when dealing with new tech like blockchains, they are all new and all are exploitation vectors --and that's without the markets and pumper dumpers.  Thanks!

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:20:50 PM

I'm doing a research project on coin distribution for both older and new coins. I'm interested on gathering some data for top addresses and how much of the coins the top100 have. This along with the number of people (addresses) actually holding any amount of coins.

I have some info from bitinfocharts on a few coins but I really do need some data on other coins along with less exposed or new ones.

If anyone knows an explorer with this feature drop a line.

The Ben ABE explorer (see first post) is now back up thanks to vual and yes it allows you to see what TX happening in the Ben blockchain.  Approx 2.4 million coins, they do move faster than the rate at which new blocks are found, but what we need are miners, not just market players.

When I was a broker, I always knew the greedy fools would deserve to lose, because greed is what the whole market runs on.  So, when you get plebes with cash in hand wanting to "make a score like the bog boys" just know: You are gamed and set up like 10x over.  I chose to leave and not exploit those who were clearly "asking" for it.  I couldn't live as other brokers did, selling greedy hpe, it's just a sick  modality to sell greed to the greedy.  [shrug]

So, just buy and hold long, whatever you value.  In addition to Ben and SHA mining gear, things like water, rice, body armor, ammo, are also useful as both barter and also for humans to survive.  Any authority that deprives humans of basic means to trade, will always fail.  So, in your analysis, I would be interested to know what you find in terms of "what groups are using their own coin to live"  Huh

What coins actually have people using them to get regular shit done?  It's a fair questin with all the ^^^ market "experts" hehe.  So much BS trollboxy pump and dump it's sickmaking.  But yeah man, tell us what you need to know, what are you looking for?  One nice thing about the Ben explorer is it shows the coin burn rate not too bad but at 40 days average age I don't think enough coins are moving, we need more miners, more wallets, and yes we need the dev or some dev to show some sack and work through the code.

Every dev these days is a paycheck getter or an anarchist or whatever, no cohesion, so in the end, humanity cannot rely on developers, they haven't the guts to do what is needed nor can they wrangle themselves, nor do they have even a functioning guild.  Total chaos and disater in the dev areas, and so they focus on their keyboards for some next great idea while all their old work turns to dust and patchwork.  Sad really.

So I like a grassroots effort.  But yeah, uh, grass grows damn slow.  Smiley

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
socoban

Activity: 314

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:35:32 PM

Hello,
I read the whole thread, and I would like to invest into BEN few $$. But what I hate are bugged coins(I lost lot of money on CENT and I will never buy flawed coins anymore). There is written in this thread, that it took someone 24 hours to confirm the transaction. So my question is, is this coin working correctly? What is the current status? What is the real confirmation time? How fast can I transfer the coins. Is is usable to pay with them in real time? How many miners is mining this coin last days?

Thank you

In short it "works" ... just ... but difficulty is so high, and the hashrate so low, that confirms take a very long time (potentially days).  Realistically it could not, at the moment, be used for transactions requiring a reasonably quick confirmation.

Ok, so the coin is useless. Is there a plan to change it? Is someone working on client update to fix this issue?  In my experience with other crashed coins, such bug has to be solved ASAP, or the coin is dead. It is traded on Crypsy, so the coin has value thanks to that, someone fix it, and I will buy as much as possible. If it is not fixed soon, Cryptsy will remove the coin, and there will be no future for it.

It's cool that you are learning about cryptocoins, but, if you are a new user, don't "Buy as much as possible" please you sound like a total n00b pumperdumper.

As for what you say about cryptsy and the future, you don't have any idea, but what you sound like to me, is a market fool.  Why don't you become a miner?  People who play markets deserve to lose.  But those who work as miners, deserve to win, would you agree, new friend?  Okay then mine.

If you just want to make huge upside and downside comments in the same post as a new account?  You sound pumpy dumpy to me, just buy and hold whatever cryptocoin you believe in.  If it doesn't move fast enough for you, move on don't post shit like the above.  Thanks!  Let me know if you need help!

Also, there is no OpenSSL bug in the Ben client so to speak, but the servers need to be alert.  Marketfools will probably be fleeced, BECAUSE IT IS THEIR PASSWORDS AND THE CERT ON THE SERVERS THAT ARE THE RISK VECTOR.  Mining and using the Ben or Bitcoin client won't do anything bad in itself, people will be victims due to other failures, and also listening to messages like your above.  Anyway, feel free to contribute to the thread but bashing and future predictions don't mean crap when dealing with new tech like blockchains, they are all new and all are exploitation vectors --and that's without the markets and pumper dumpers.  Thanks!

I have read lot of your comments, and you seriously have some psychological preblems. And If you say I am noob, because I started to post here today, than I am noob. But true is, that I am right and you are naive. I am not miner and I will never mine. Cryptos need both, miners and traders. I do not mine, because I do not like it. To much time consuming. I prefer trading and buying longterm cheap coins. I hate pump&dump. Benj is cheap, and I like the concept. I have read thousands of posts, all the coins threads, I know almost everything about every coin, how they work, how are they popular, how developers pushthem, promote them and maintain them. What I see here, is you who thinks problems will solve themselfs. You are naive, there are houndrets of coins, new coins every day. And noone know how many will survive long term. But BEN is now practicaly uselles, 1 day confirmation is joke. Fix it, or dream your dream. And I do not care what you say, I am right and you and others know it.
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:47:26 PM

I have read lot of your comments, and you seriously have some psychological preblems. And If you say I am noob, because I started to post here today, than I am noob. But true is, that I am right and you are naive. I am not miner and I will never mine. Cryptos need both, miners and traders. I do not mine, because I do not like it. To much time consuming. I prefer trading and buying longterm cheap coins. I hate pump&dump. Benj is cheap, and I like the concept. I have read thousands of posts, all the coins threads, I know almost everything about every coin, how they work, how are they popular, how developers pushthem, promote them and maintain them. What I see here, is you who thinks problems will solve themselfs. You are naive, there are houndrets of coins, new coins every day. And noone know how many will survive long term. But BEN is now practicaly uselles, 1 day confirmation is joke. Fix it, or dream your dream. And I do not care what you say, I am right and you and others know it.

Thank you my friend what you said 100% is the truth..  There is no reason to mine, it's total f***in bulls***.  And yes, we all have psychological problems, do you say you have none?

As for your being new, yes, it's simple to reason that these forums are full of bullshit accounta.  Did you not know that?  So, I am simply asking where you come from, with your crystal ball?

But hell yeah buddy I am able to trollbox, and yeah, you can use your methods.  Indeed, nothing I can argue with your sage and knowing words above.  Yes, if I were to convince you to mine Benjamins on principle, at a loss in the present, well, that certainly would be a victory.

Wow.  You said so much salient truth above.  Especially the part about me being naive.  Damn my friend you nailed me to a T.

Welp.  Anyway I also like the part where you said "Mining is bullshit but Benj is cheap and I like the concept and also you are a naive fool who thinks problems will solve themselves" holy sh** man, I feel complete psychologically exposed.  Wow.  Thanks.

Okay so also I ask you: Does it matter that Benjamin the Coder said in his process, about contacting Benjamin Franklin in a seance?  Or, let us imagine you come from a country where spirit world is perhaps, not for us to know?  So there I ask if perhaps it is what we make it.  Yes my friend, I am a fool, you are right.  Fool is first card in tarot.  I know you know and you are smart.

Tell me again why u no mine?  Antminer I will send to you, it is not time consuming at all, it's like spending 20 USD or whatnot per month, to vote and/or to believe in something like technology.  Tell me wise friend, do you think tech is good?  I am naive stupid child, please do make me better, smarter, less naive.  Thank you my friend for your excellent and complete true post above, I will "Fix it, or dream your dream" yes you are right and yes it is known.  I am just filling time in the thread til Ben the coder tells me to go away.  I believe in ghosts, and I believe in Benjamin Franklin as having a keen interest in these subjects.

I have more questions but I will wait.  You shame me with your excellent mind, I will be quiet for at least the rest of the day.

socoban

Activity: 314

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 11:04:34 PM

Thank you my friend what you said 100% is the truth..  There is no reason to mine, it's total f***in bulls***.  And yes, we all have psychological problems, do you say you have none?

As for your being new, yes, it's simple to reason that these forums are full of bullshit accounta.  Did you not know that?  So, I am simply asking where you come from, with your crystal ball?

But hell yeah buddy I am able to trollbox, and yeah, you can use your methods.  Indeed, nothing I can argue with your sage and knowing words above.  Yes, if I were to convince you to mine Benjamins on principle, at a loss in the present, well, that certainly would be a victory.

Wow.  You said so much salient truth above.  Especially the part about me being naive.  Damn my friend you nailed me to a T.

Welp.  Anyway I also like the part where you said "Mining is bullshit but Benj is cheap and I like the concept and also you are a naive fool who thinks problems will solve themselves" holy sh** man, I feel complete psychologically exposed.  Wow.  Thanks.

Okay so also I ask you: Does it matter that Benjamin the Coder said in his process, about contacting Benjamin Franklin in a seance?  Or, let us imagine you come from a country where spirit world is perhaps, not for us to know?  So there I ask if perhaps it is what we make it.  Yes my friend, I am a fool, you are right.  Fool is first card in tarot.  I know you know and you are smart.

Tell me again why u no mine?  Antminer I will send to you, it is not time consuming at all, it's like spending 20 USD or whatnot per month, to vote and/or to believe in something like technology.  Tell me wise friend, do you think tech is good?  I am naive stupid child, please do make me better, smarter, less naive.  Thank you my friend for your excellent and complete true post above, I will "Fix it, or dream your dream" yes you are right and yes it is known.  I am just filling time in the thread til Ben the coder tells me to go away.  I believe in ghosts, and I believe in Benjamin Franklin as having a keen interest in these subjects.

I have more questions but I will wait.  You shame me with your excellent mind, I will be quiet for at least the rest of the day.

As I said, I do not care what you think. I came here to ask, if BEN is fine, and I got answer, no. Than I asked, if someone is working on fix, the asnwer is no, just some old member bulshit. Thanks, have a nice dream, mine your dead coin. When you fix it, let me know, if it will be still on cryptsy I will buy it. Bye.
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 11:14:23 PM

Efforts are being made to Fix the Coin, Perhaps changing it to the Original 64sec Blocktime instead of 10Mins will do the Trick.
Poogasm

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 11:20:39 PM

Efforts are being made to Fix the Coin, Perhaps changing it to the Original 64sec Blocktime instead of 10Mins will do the Trick.

Efforts made by who exactly?

[ANN] PixxCoin | PoS | Wallet with built in Exchange Dice Game And Fa | Free IPO. PLncxuyTOpsdASEAIweeoweKSJASJDNZETR

Ben: 1FCtLZz3tS7CGYYmq344fyqQqhsdCGtEF9
BTC: 1KDcsttby2F7Ud9vLbXytRh1P2amc7Wocc
Pass the Flutter FPc4LHGS8LNgK6bSWpe6sY7fsrgWWwDwUa
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:10:18 AM

Thanks, have a nice dream, mine your dead coin. When you fix it, let me know, if it will be still on cryptsy I will buy it. Bye.

Awesome!  Well, "dead" is kinda rude, but you seem to sum things up so well.  Your first post was so long term in its scope, and your last post here was again such a long term vision, I mean wow, you really are building some cred bro.

But yeah, question above remains valid.  I am totally a dreamer, yeah like John Lennon.  Cool, you will always be welcome to drop your foresite and long term vision here anytime, I will look forward to it, and yes, I hope I can give value to Ben coins but if you show up here to sh** on them I will also be here for that.  Cool thanks bro!

But yeah, like I said, if Ben tells me to shut up I wiill.  In the spirit of 1776, sure, somewhat cracked.  But the first question is security, the second is fixing the difficulty.  Well, in terms of what I am doing.  I mean, looking at the code.

As for speed or cocaine or the need to go faster faster more profit much fasters, well, that's your problem.  Benjamin Franklin knows that good things are built over time.  Pfft, I even offered to send you an antminer in the good will spirit of Benjamin Franklin --you essentially think you are smart by sh***ing on people who mine but don't work the code directly?  If so you underestimate the people your money is flowing into. Knowing markets means nothing, knowing people means far more.

Okay thanks man!  But yes, poogasm question above also true: Nobody is fixing the code fast enough for the modern age.  Ben, at least PM me and I will stop posting but I will continue to mine, or, until the AllAbouttheBenjamins account is revealed as just a sock that was used to front the release which is also fine, people use fake registered accounts all day so nobody may eve use the account again tho somebody checks the mailbox.  No biggie, because, moving past these f***ups is kinda stupid.  We need to put our feet down and determine if there is a dev out there who gives a damn about A: ghosts, and particularly B: the ghosts of 1776.  That is the question fielded.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:28:55 AM

In the interests of being helpful (a trait everyone appreciates hint hint) here is what other coins are saying about Heartbleed.

Some info. taken from another thread on Heartbleed and crypto wallets:

https://www.noblemovement.com/noblecoin-v1-0-1-heartbleed-recommended-wallet-upgrade/

[...]

If you are using any other version of Bitcoin-Qt/Bitcoin Core, including bitcoind 0.9.0, you are vulnerable only if the rpcssl command-line option is set. If it is not, then no immediate action is required. If it is, and if an attacker could have possibly communicated with the RPC port, then you should consider your wallet to be compromised.

This vulnerability is caused by a critical bug in the OpenSSL library used by Bitcoin Core. Successfully attacking Bitcoin Core by means of this bug seems to be difficult in most cases, and it seems at this point that even successful attacks may be limited, but I recommend taking the above actions just in case.

All versions of Bitcoin-Qt are affected by the rpcssl part of the vulnerability if they are linked with an affected OpenSSL version.

Based on the above since BEN is a bitcoin clone directly, and since no command line options are used by regular folk, sounds like all is fine, the coin ain't even worth total cap of 20,000 USD so really, hehe, it's more of a tool lying on the battlefield.  Dude above is a smart fast paced investor, they won't wait up.  But anyway, I am looking into the code but like I said I am shooting for Fall.  I mean I am a total noob, not to computer sec or POS distro systems or how corporations work at the highest and deepest levels --all those things I know well.  But source code in C++ makes me essentially just hate developers more.

Look I crawled around fixing PC for devs for ten + years.  Not 1 of them had any balls, and maybe like 50% brains, the rest was insect like ability to think in terms of code.  Their cubes and keyboards are either crappfilled or germ-free like a crazy woman's kitchen.  I marvel that they don't see themselves as a group that is completely set against themselves like little league baseballers with paycheks, on a field that has giant pothols and where the spectators are economically milked for every cent.  Oh well, will they eve elect a US President who is a developer?  LOLZ  And if not, why not?  Becaus:  They cannot lead.

Well, leaders need to become devs then, it's simple as that.  But for me this is like war college, going through the code.  I am taking my time, adapting myself to the unpleasant realities of programming.  Sure it's easy for some, and they get huge paychecks from soulless corporations --awesome for them.  But the rest of IT industry is killed by temp employers and revolving staff due to mgrs who really have no souls, frankly, to be
Frank-lin with ya.

IT itself is completely thrown wide open, and nobody on LinkedIn of FB or Twitter can explain it in a tweet or a FB post or LinkedIn (totally psyop for corporations)

I am kinda getting sick of even listening to mgrs anymore, I sigh with contentment evey second I am not in some stupid meeting.  I am not the only ranter on the IP radar, but I am peaceful and have intention toward a better way.  But this guy above dropping in and giving his "I am an expert and here's why mining is stupid" haha, it's awesome.  He really explains why one has to simply mine what blockchain you believe in.

But anyway I figured this would help, until I find which lines to correct, and figure out how to frikking compile under Linux, well, I might have something to try.  QUESTION:  Who can reccomend a decent simple Linux compiler like what Visual Studio 2008 has?  Is there anythig like VS 2008 in Linux?  I can't compile the Ben code in Windows which he knows, so if he does respond even with one line I would ask him:  What compiler should I use in Linux? (Ubuntu)

Nthused
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:17:24 AM

Market is doing Something... There is a Diamond in the Dirt & People are Finding it.
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:41:53 AM

Market is doing Something... There is a Diamond in the Dirt & People are Finding it.

https://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/coins/show/ben

This is what I use to check and you are right, we can see from the chart at the bottom, that a crossover happened on the 13th, where then we see Asks loading up higher around .00002 where presumably they will be matched by the dumpers.  But I feel that those 180,000 coins at .00002 are someone who will move that bundle of coins higher, if the price rises, I don't think they'll sell those 180k Ben imo.  I hold < 5000 Ben, it's worth it to hold, at the rate we are mining it's a deal.  Well, if you mine and intend to study the code as I do, it's totally a deal to buy Benjamins and hold for say 30 years.  By that time we will all know the bitcoin code or the world will be onto something else.  Nah, bitcoin will always be around its the big brother of all cryptocoin.

Strong hands buy and gift to friends, use it for little day to day things which are not urgent.  Use Ben like pennies, I would say.  Send 150 BEN (about a buck) to a friend.  They have a value slightly less than one penny in terms of USD so there is room to grow.  Also, not all pennies are equal, some are worth more in terms of specie, bullion.  But also, metals are getting smashed because it allows certain parties to gobble up metals.

I will be publishing BEN prices in gold/silver/copper on my forthcoming little webpage.  Even at a market cap of 20k USD, Ben is a very powerful vehicle, even if just one backer has metal and can deliver.  Let me know if you guys want to know about markets, I am ready to help.

Nthused
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:41:26 AM

Were finding blocks at Ben Hasher Pool.

ben.hasher.ca
CoinAccel

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:36:48 AM

Benjamins has been added to CoinAccel exchange (BEN/BTC and BEN/LTC):
https://coinaccel.com/#market/59
https://coinaccel.com/#market/103

Currently available 60 currencies, 117 markets!

biteboy

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:44:38 AM

saved as benjamins.conf

still no joy

tried to change the bat file aswell and saying do not have admin rights
itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:07:13 PM

saved as benjamins.conf

still no joy

tried to change the bat file aswell and saying do not have admin rights

Hang in there buddy, joy happens.

Okay well you need to be able to edit .bat files, so not sure how your local machine prevents you from doing that, but one way to find out is the just right click the .bat file and go to PROPERTIES > SECURITY and you can simply see what is wrong with the rights access.  Your username will be there and maybe read and write and everything are not checked??  What OS are you using?

Did you copy the benjamins.conf I quoted in the thread a ways up?  I am personally filled with joy that you are trying to adjust to the slowness of 1776 and are willing to let us know its not working for you.  Give us some more details and we will help.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:43:03 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVo2pw1ue7k

^^^ Hehe, nice new book: The Rule of Nobody.  Cheesy

Appropriate for this thread.

Notice at 9 minutes in, lawyer (rare one who fights for common sense as Benjmain Franklin would have it) says that "It is as if nobody is in control."

But see, what you really need, is not control so much, but, the feeling that somebody, somebody REAL, has got your back.  That's the point.

For my part, yeah, I printed out the main Benjamins code and I am perusing it and also always 24/7 listening to chatter as to how the good old days are being literally crushed into nostaligia-paste which we are expected to spread onto our toast every morning.

Anyway the points in the video above apply directly to this coin, mtgox, 20 years of theft, etc, etc.  I am on point, mining Benjamins in the 1776 spirit.  I have plans, but also I like to enjoy leisure and such, I like to read, so forth.

Welp, I got some chores to get to, I am hoping to get my generator running such that I can have offgrids Benjamins hashing power if need be.  Even if the grid goes down in your area, if you can keep your router powered up, you might still be able to get IP.  I am of that generation that worked in the Los Angeles area during the Enron rolling blackout years so I a not speaking from theory, but experience.

Well, anyway, the mundane things in life are often what give us the most regular pleasure.  It is not hard to mine even a tiny little Antminer amount of hashes for the blockchain closest to your heart.  The one that you will use to gift your children with, the one 1776 notion that is always adapting, changing, tho ever so slowly.  Even as I push hashes on Ben blockchain, I gain the right to 'vote' in a way, by contributing to the effort to understand code at the common level, but also to ensure it isn't used against the people.

When I am out driving my truck around, listening to people tell me "Bitcoins, isn't that some scam", or "Nah I don't even have a computer, never needed one.", I feel a quiet sense of satisfaction at my work.  I know most people dojn't know what's going on, but I am at least happy, that I have some idea.  And that I am hashing the first official 1776 blockchain and intend to continue come hell or high water or loss of power or even IP.

itsunderstood

American1973

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:14:05 PM

Regarding Heartbleed, this guy is kinda smart but also his analysis doesn't quite ring true, help me out here if you disagree:

http://www.zdnet.com/lavabit-case-undermines-claims-nsa-had-heartbleed-early-7000028517/#ftag=RSS14dc6a9

[...]

If the NSA already had Heartbleed they wouldn't need Lavabit's cooperation. They would have the keys and would be able to decrypt all Lavabit email. The government wouldn't want to cause any legal troubles for Lavabit but to allow it to continue functioning and its users to continue communicating, comfortable in their illusion of privacy.

Another suspicious point now is that none of the journalists with whom Snowden worked, the ones who have access to the data he dumped, have made this claim yet. This is surprising since it would be an order of magnitude more spectacular than any other claim they have made so far. In fact, it would make many of their other practices, which have caused so much controversy, unnecessary.

Because it's relevant, I should point out that this Ars Technica interview with Lavabit owner Lars Levison specifically states that he used OpenSSL for his cryptography.

[...]

One thing about his logical reduction above, is that admitting using OpenSSL doesn't mean you used it in a vulnerable way, hence, the idea that site called to OpenSSL but didn't do so inappropriately is not therefore vulnerable to the heartbleed bug.  So it's not a lack of testers, its a question of coding toward safety or convenience, to state it plainly.

Nthused
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 11:57:48 PM

Crackers has come to lend a hand on http://ben.hasher.ca with his Very High Hashrate Smiley

Lets get Ben Pumpin Smiley
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 11:58:23 PM

Smiley

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 12:07:26 AM

can't stay for too long, but hopefully it'll push through a block sooner.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  

Jump to: