Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:50:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 [696] 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
Beaverslayer

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 04:12:19 AM

Hey everybody. I seem to have a problem with my wallet. I upgraded to the latest version (1.Cool and when I opened it, I saw that I zero coins. I have 350k mintcoins and I don't know what happened to them. Anyone know the solution to this? Thank you very much.
Which version did you upgrade from, 1.6 or 1.7? First backup your wallet.dat just in case.

Please open debug console (Help -> Debug Window -> Console), and run "checkwallet" to see what it returns. It may be related to that if your previous wallet was on a wrong fork. If it reports missing/extra coins, you can run "repairwallet" there and it will resync your wallet with the downloaded blockchain.

I upgraded from 1.5 to 1.8. I'm back to 1.5 again because i was hoping that I'd get my coins back if I returned to the old version. I ran "checkwallet" and got this response: {
"wallet check passed" : true
}. Kinda sucks that I lost all my coins for some unknown reason >.<

1.5 and 1.6 are following a wrong chain. 1.7 update was mandatory.

Now, you have a few options;

If you received your coins while on 1.5 ; the transaction should be confirmed on both chains. So your coins should still be available. To be sure you can check your address with the block explorer. But; if the person that sent you the coins was also on the wrong chain, and his transaction contained invalid coins, then that transaction was not included in the main chain, because the main chain would reject it as it is invalid in the first place. You should contact your payer, and request he updates his client, and pays you again. Because the coins were not sent in the first place (Even if he's using old client that follows a wrong chain; when he switches to the new version, he will see that the transaction was not accepted and his coins are still in his wallet)

If your received coins are there, but your minted coins are lost : This is normal as your client announced the transactions to the wrong chain. But your coinage is not lost in this case (because your stake was just denied, nothing changes in your accounts). Just wait until it creates coinstake again, and you will receive the same amount.

Welp. I don't have any of my coins anymore. Even at 1.5 I don't have the same address as before. I lost all my transaction history too. I have 0 coins now  Sad I only got my coins from mintpal and poloniex. I don't know if they'll give me coins again. Sigh. Such misfortune.

It really sounds like your wallet.dat file got deleted or overwritten.  You did back up before you upgraded your wallet right? I sure hope so.... BACKUP ALWAYS!!!
Restore the backed up wallet.dat to C:\Users\"YOURUSERNAME"\AppData\Roaming\MintCoin\

If you don't have the same address it means that the wallet.dat file is not the same one you sent the coins to. IMHO.

That's exactly what happened. Once I upgraded to 1.8 my previous wallet.dat file was overwritten for some reason. Right before I upgraded I had my coins... I have no idea what could have caused this. I've upgraded before and this never happened. I didn't back up my wallet, unfortunately. That's my fault.

sorry to hear about this. whats your Mintcoin address?

Yes, I as well am sorry to hear about this. Last night someone from who knows where just uped and sent me 4000 Mintcoins, PM me your wallet address and i will add those Mint to some more I have and send them to you to get you going again. It's kind of frowned on to post wallet addresses in posts on Bitcointalk, so a PM is best.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
WALKEN-COIN

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 04:14:13 AM

http://www.nation.co.ke/business/Deal-to-cut-cost-of-cash-transfer/-/996/2290770/-/5y68mbz/-/index.html

Who's gonna contact the Kenyan President and tell him about Mintcoin?

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
████████▄   ███    █████████▄   █████████  █████████▀  █████████
███   ▀██  █████   ███   ▀███  ████▀       ███        ███▀   ▀███
███   ▄█▀ ███▀███  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄     ███▄▄▄▄▄  ███       ▀
███████▀ ███   ███ ▀████████▀   ▀███████   ████████  ███
███▀▀▀  ███     ███ ▀█▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███  ███       ███       ▄
███    ███       ███ ▀   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄   ▄███
███   ███ ▄█████▄ ███     ███  ▀███████▀   ██████████  █████████
                   ███                                   ▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
moderndezigns

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 04:28:34 AM

Hey everybody. I seem to have a problem with my wallet. I upgraded to the latest version (1.Cool and when I opened it, I saw that I zero coins. I have 350k mintcoins and I don't know what happened to them. Anyone know the solution to this? Thank you very much.
Which version did you upgrade from, 1.6 or 1.7? First backup your wallet.dat just in case.

Please open debug console (Help -> Debug Window -> Console), and run "checkwallet" to see what it returns. It may be related to that if your previous wallet was on a wrong fork. If it reports missing/extra coins, you can run "repairwallet" there and it will resync your wallet with the downloaded blockchain.

I upgraded from 1.5 to 1.8. I'm back to 1.5 again because i was hoping that I'd get my coins back if I returned to the old version. I ran "checkwallet" and got this response: {
"wallet check passed" : true
}. Kinda sucks that I lost all my coins for some unknown reason >.<

1.5 and 1.6 are following a wrong chain. 1.7 update was mandatory.

Now, you have a few options;

If you received your coins while on 1.5 ; the transaction should be confirmed on both chains. So your coins should still be available. To be sure you can check your address with the block explorer. But; if the person that sent you the coins was also on the wrong chain, and his transaction contained invalid coins, then that transaction was not included in the main chain, because the main chain would reject it as it is invalid in the first place. You should contact your payer, and request he updates his client, and pays you again. Because the coins were not sent in the first place (Even if he's using old client that follows a wrong chain; when he switches to the new version, he will see that the transaction was not accepted and his coins are still in his wallet)

If your received coins are there, but your minted coins are lost : This is normal as your client announced the transactions to the wrong chain. But your coinage is not lost in this case (because your stake was just denied, nothing changes in your accounts). Just wait until it creates coinstake again, and you will receive the same amount.

Welp. I don't have any of my coins anymore. Even at 1.5 I don't have the same address as before. I lost all my transaction history too. I have 0 coins now  Sad I only got my coins from mintpal and poloniex. I don't know if they'll give me coins again. Sigh. Such misfortune.

It really sounds like your wallet.dat file got deleted or overwritten.  You did back up before you upgraded your wallet right? I sure hope so.... BACKUP ALWAYS!!!
Restore the backed up wallet.dat to C:\Users\"YOURUSERNAME"\AppData\Roaming\MintCoin\

If you don't have the same address it means that the wallet.dat file is not the same one you sent the coins to. IMHO.

That's exactly what happened. Once I upgraded to 1.8 my previous wallet.dat file was overwritten for some reason. Right before I upgraded I had my coins... I have no idea what could have caused this. I've upgraded before and this never happened. I didn't back up my wallet, unfortunately. That's my fault.

sorry to hear about this. whats your Mintcoin address?

Yes, I as well am sorry to hear about this. Last night someone from who knows where just uped and sent me 4000 Mintcoins, PM me your wallet address and i will add those Mint to some more I have and send them to you to get you going again. It's kind of frowned on to post wallet addresses in posts on Bitcointalk, so a PM is best.

OK I didn't know this so Ditto
coolbeans94

Activity: 613
Merit: 500

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 04:34:24 AM

Is there anyway we can get this post stickied on reddit by a mod? It is the Thunderclap link to to the Sonoma County Reforestation

http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/23ohw0/sonoma_county_thunderclap_campaign_is_now_active/

Also maybe is there a way to link the Thunderclap campaign on the Mintcoin Fund website?

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
moderndezigns

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 04:42:56 AM

http://www.nation.co.ke/business/Deal-to-cut-cost-of-cash-transfer/-/996/2290770/-/5y68mbz/-/index.html

Who's gonna contact the Kenyan President and tell him about Mintcoin?

Thanks for the advise. I sent him a couple emails
Beaverslayer

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 04:48:26 AM

Isn't Konen from Twitter already over there?
moderndezigns

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 04:49:06 AM

http://i62.tinypic.com/wj6e69.jpg

moderndezigns

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 04:50:14 AM

I'm sorry but I just joined Twitter so I'm not very familiar
Beaverslayer

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 04:55:45 AM

Twitters pretty easy as long as you are able to say it in 140 characters or less...It's also a good way to get wgat you want to say out to a very large group of people all over the world.

Just be careful when ready tweets about pump and dumps, as well as hype about one coin or the other, best to take all that with two grains of salt, not just one.
moderndezigns

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:03:49 AM

Twitters pretty easy as long as you are able to say it in 140 characters or less...It's also a good way to get wgat you want to say out to a very large group of people all over the world.

Just be careful when ready tweets about pump and dumps, as well as hype about one coin or the other, best to take all that with two grains of salt, not just one.

Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll give it a try in the next few days. I signed up mainly to help promote our thunderclap
Beaverslayer

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:07:34 AM

Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll give it a try in the next few days. I signed up mainly to help promote our thunderclap

This just in from my Twitter account.

Your most popular Tweets for the week of 25 Apr:

Well done! This Tweet got people excited.    

@BryceWeiner I'd be grateful if you could RT this, it's a real good cause.

thunderclap.it/projects/10998…

08:50 PM - 23 Apr 14

575 Views    2 Favorites      17 Link Visits     5 Retweets
kopam

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:10:32 AM

Anybody interested in taking over reddit tipbot? Quote from tipbot developer:

talkb1nary 1 point 2 days ago
Hi there, i am the guy operating the bot. Yes its still active, and yes it dies sometimes. I get an email usually if this happens and react as fast as possible. Mostly people wont even notice it, sometimes it was down for a few hours.
I dont have the time i wanted to to spread the word, but i am happy if you guys do Smiley Also if someone feels that he could do it better, by doing more advertisment and whatever i would be ok with giving the bot out to a motivated user.
Inb4 it wont bring you money Wink

The tipbot works, but it would be best if one of our community could fine tune it. In the meantime, feel free to throw some Mint around reddit users  Wink

http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/23ft4y/is_our_tipbot_still_working/

I think reddit should be a top priority. With that being said, the tip pot is probably the best option to promote the coin to the entire crypto community there.
I think that mint needs some one to that, well lets say professionally, i mean some one that really knows how reddit works and that can really well push the right buttons there.
If there is some one that would like to do that i would be ready to give a nice donation, i guess if this person is doing a GREAT job, there will be more people that will like to donate.
Well this were my 2 satoshi on this matter Smiley

I think that's a good idea. I would throw some mint at the proposal. We need someone with a lot of "Karma"...a long time Reddit user to start tipping some Mint.

Of course, this doesn't mean people can't tip on their own. Doge community tips like crazy and they have over 75000 subscribers on their subreddit  Shocked Doge was my first crypto purchase because of this. I knew what Dogecoin was before I knew what Bitcoin was, no kidding.  Even if Mint gets to 10000 subscribers I think our low satoshi days would be over.

Hey, yeah something like that would be really nice. As you said, DOGE has some massive subscribers on their subreddit and its doing awesome. Maybe mintcoin should go for that Smiley
So what do the people in the fund think ? David ? Beaverslayer ? Smiley

▐▒▄
          ▄▄▌   ▐▒██▒▒▄
       ▄▒███▌     ▀▒███▒▒▄
   ░▒▒██▒▒██▌  ▄▒▄▄   ▀▒███▒▄
   ▐██▒  ▐██▒▒██████▒▄▄   ▐███
   ▐██▌  ▐███▒▀   ▀▀▒██▒   ███
   ▐██▌  ▐██▌       ███   ███
   ▐██▌  ▐██▌       ███   ███
   ▐██▌  ▐██▒▒▄   ▄▄▒███   ███
   ▐██▌   ▀▒███▒▒██▒▀▀   ▐███
   ▐▒███▒▄▄   ▀▒▒▀   ▄▒████▒
       ▀▒███▒▄      ████▒▀
          ▀▀▒███▒   █▀
              ▀▒█
BEXAM
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █

█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███

▄████▄
                       ▄▄█████▀▀███
                   ▄▄████▀▀    ███
             ▄▄▄████▀▀   ▄▄   ▐██
         ▄▄█████▀      ▄█▀   ██▌
    ▄▄████▀▀▀      ▄███▀     ██▌
   ████▀       ▄▄████▀      ▐██
    ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀        ██▌
         ▀████████          ▐██
           ▀████▌           ███
            ▀███  ▄██▄▄    ▐██▀
             ███▄███▀███▄   ███
             ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                         ▀▀█▀▀

▄▄▄██▄▄▄   ▄
    ██▄           ▄████████████▀
    █████▄▄      ▐█████████████▀
     █████████▄▄▄▄▐████████████▌
    █▄█████████████████████████▌
    ▀██████████████████████████
      ▀███████████████████████
      ▐██████████████████████
        ▀██████████████████▀
          ▄▄█████████████▀
    ▀████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄██████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████
   ████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
   ███████████████      ██████
   ██████████████▌   ▐█████████
   ████████████▀▀    ▀▀▀██████
   ████████████         ██████
   ████████████████████████████
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███
█   
█  ███

███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
    █
███  █
moderndezigns

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:11:00 AM

This just in from my Twitter account.

Your most popular Tweets for the week of 25 Apr:

Well done! This Tweet got people excited.    

@BryceWeiner I'd be grateful if you could RT this, it's a real good cause.

thunderclap.it/projects/10998…

08:50 PM - 23 Apr 14

575 Views    2 Favorites      17 Link Visits     5 Retweets

Wow that's pretty good! I'll have to try it
wasamata

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:11:47 AM

Would be nice to have the multipool integrated into the wallet.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 08:04:16 AM

Hey, yeah something like that would be really nice. As you said, DOGE has some massive subscribers on their subreddit and its doing awesome. Maybe mintcoin should go for that Smiley
So what do the people in the fund think ? David ? Beaverslayer ? Smiley
I am all for it, under one condition: that someone handles it Smiley I won't have time to take care of it, so the person in charge of it will report to me.
Call for candidacy is open!

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 08:04:49 AM
Last edit: April 25, 2014, 08:22:30 AM by David Latapie

Could you extrapolate on this?

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
wasamata

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 08:45:12 AM

I was having a read of various new ANN's for new coins and I found greenpay https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580400.0 . Their coin is supposedly going to have their multipool attached into the wallet, so you can mine from your wallet, even though it is pure POS. You can mint and mine all in the wallet (no i dont mean solo mining), you link the multipool URL.
Beaverslayer

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 08:57:27 AM

I'm asking everyone that reads this post to take a moment out of your day and visit this site. Please don't just read the text, but actually take the time to show your support not only for this great project to reforest these beautiful trees back to the way they were hundreds of years ago, but to also help the Mintcoin Fund get the needed exposure we all want it to.

If you don't have Facebook, or Twitter, set up the lesser of the two evils and open an account with one of them, this way you can actually show your support by accepting the Thunderclap app, even if it's only for a short time.

Thank you for you anticipated support, Mintcoin needs these things to be supported every time people from this community dedicate a part of their lives to not only help the environment but our coin as well.

Click the link, be a part of this project and a part of the Mintcoin community...

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/10998-sonoma-county-redwood-reforest

paspi

Activity: 185

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 10:15:32 AM

I don't think you have to ban them manually.

If you follow debug.log, you will see that client automatically rejects and bans them for 24 hours once it understands they serve an incorrect chain. Just get the node ip with wrong height from debug console, and search it on debug.log (it should be beside wallet.dat).

When you see starting height there, it just means that, that node is just connected, and your client is trying to understand if they're serving the correct chain or not, it'll find that out after downloading a few blocks, and ban the node.

Need a little help with the wallet.  The conf file specifically.

I know the following commands:

addnode=
connect=

But what is the command to ignore a certain node, reject a bad node, ban a bad node.  something along those lines

I'm talking about the conf file of course.  thanks

I'm connecting to nodes with the following:

"startingheight" : 289351,
"startingheight" : -1,
"startingheight" : 289356,

And I don't want to obviously.

MINT: MdPQhsGufjm5AXYkHebbnF2A155xDqVfK7
Jeff Jefferson

Activity: 307
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:37:15 PM

I was having a read of various new ANN's for new coins and I found greenpay https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580400.0 . Their coin is supposedly going to have their multipool attached into the wallet, so you can mine from your wallet, even though it is pure POS. You can mint and mine all in the wallet (no i dont mean solo mining), you link the multipool URL.

i don't wanna sound blackcoin-like but maybe it is possible to integrate this multipool thingy in our wallet BEFORE greenpay goes active? That way we can be at least as good as our competitors. I don't think it is too difficult to implement or is it? The other aspects of greenpay sound exactly as mintcoin. or do they have any special features?
Pages: « 1 ... 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 [696] 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: