Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:03:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Doge coin is bad  (Read 171439 times)
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:54:05 AM

I get the point that alts dillute BTC's stand against centralized currencies and payment processors. I also get the point that Doge enthusiasts are often uneducated (teenagers) going wild on the Internet.

However I rather see these teens use their videocards to mine Doge while they look at cute puppies, than to spend their time playing ultraviolent and gory videogames. Or to post their most intimate details on Facebook. And so do their parents.

There also have been "charitable" activities around Doge..

Perhaps it's bad for the crypto-currency scene, but it's good for "people".

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:58:33 AM

I get the point that alts dillute BTC's stand against centralized currencies and payment processors. I also get the point that Doge enthusiasts are often uneducated (teenagers) going wild on the Internet.

However I rather see these teens use their videocards to mine Doge while they look at cute puppies, than to spend their time playing ultraviolent and gory videogames. Or to post their most intimate details on Facebook. And so do their parents.

And another who actually put thought into their post!

Excellent point; I wasn't even thinking in that direction. It's definitely a more constructive distraction, no doubt!

kamrog

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:01:21 AM

Well guys - there is one technical innovation - total number of coins! Believe it or not but Bitcoin will never become internet tipping currency because sooner or later even 1 satoshi will be valuable. With that amount of Dogecoins it can be easily adopted as a substitute for useless "likes" on the internet. And that matters.
user871710

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:14:53 AM

What a nice troll topic.

First off OP goes and calls people idiots and morrons already in first post and expects normal and civilized argumented discussion. Well doesnt make you look any better that those that you are suppose to flame.

Second, you are assuming its just that doge community that its rotten. I think what ever you said is pretty much true for whole crypto community including btc.
You disagree?
Go check trollbox on btc-e, last time i checked btc-e didnt have doge listed.

I find it funny no1 complains about 10 coins launching everyday and miners switching from coin to coin like crazy and dumping. When i go to exchange i think to myself why the F i need 50 coins ?
Lets talk about max coin and utc coin, its pure scam coin from dev side, yet people mining it as long gain is made.
Proly with scrypt ASICs they will even become more popular. Which shows how much community is willing to put up with corruption as long $$ are to be made.

Ok scrypt ASIC will bring 1 good thing, all these clone coins without strong community behind them will die off as they deserve.

I find it funny you dont speak or mind the shitty exchanges we have.
And no i dont mean this new exchanges, but old exchanges. The last price dropping and bad publicity to btc made by exchanges "with love". But why would you mind, you are making money on this swings...
Except most people dont understand volatility isnt a good thing  if you want something to be accepted as means for trading aka money.
Anyway btc is where it is today because of greed and dont be mistaken btc is a zero-sum system.
Trying to moralize about it or trying to have some fan bragging how its better then the rest of coins is like pissing vs wind.

I find it funny to also see alt coin traders saying btc can fail we dont care. The day btc fails all the rest of crypto dies unless btc gets replaced by much better coin.

On a side note i have been observing doge and its community in last 2 weeks and i have to disagree with you OP, to me doge with its community is more appealing then btc.  As miner  doge is 100% more appealing, every1 mining btc are old farmers with big asics farms.

My point is that there is so many wrong things with crypto and its community that doge is the least of problem. So rather focus on more serious problems.

Because i am not so fanatic that as newcomer i would invest into btc or crypto at all today.
vighter

Activity: 160

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:17:19 AM

doge
ChrisML

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:23:00 AM

community is the only thing i keep hearing..

sorry but just because you guys flash mined it doesn't mean its great.
the community exists simply because people are exploiting the coin for mining an trading early on in the coins existence.
THIS is why it is popular.. simply because people are bragging about making money off it.

And people who are trading BTC's are not bragging?

Noob, pls.

If you think a $80+ million marketcap coin is a joke, than stop trading crytpos.

You got shitloads to learn.

Follow me on Twitter: @SoMuchCoin
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:29:36 AM

hatin much?
SecretWolf

Activity: 62

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 09:14:09 AM

All of these buttcoin tears are making me moist. Come visit our community sometime, we just hit 60k subscribers after being live for two months (a couple of more and we'll surpass bitcoin)

http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin
RhodaGila

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 09:15:45 AM

If you are not interested in Doge, please send your Doge to DSqVXc23LwcmPhqBRZJHV1Y8BAXcMdYkM4  Cool

I am ready to accept it!

Thanks!  Grin
CatCoin

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 09:21:17 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2014, 09:39:19 AM by CatCoin

but on the other hand doges community on reddit also does a lot of charity
Tip:

Using a reddit post about someones' dying child as an opportunity to promote your coin is fucking sickening.  I saw this happening today.  It has nothing to do with charity, it's just blatant opportunism, and it's pathetic.  Put your morons on a leash.

Want to contribute to charity?  Send money in a way that doesn't involve trying to get a dying child and their parent(s) to become a poster child for your idiotic meme in return.  I know donating to charity without trolling for recognition or free publicity is a foreign concept on the modern internet, but try it out some time.
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 09:26:06 AM

Tip:

Using a reddit post about someones' dying child as an opportunity to promote your coin is fucking sickening.  I saw this happening today.  It has nothing to do with charity, it's just blatant opportunism, and it's pathetic.  Put your morons on a leash.
Oh...  Undecided

██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
WompRat

Activity: 232

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 09:59:08 AM

Tip:

Using a reddit post about someones' dying child as an opportunity to promote your coin is fucking sickening.  I saw this happening today.  It has nothing to do with charity, it's just blatant opportunism, and it's pathetic.  Put your morons on a leash.

Want to contribute to charity?  Send money in a way that doesn't involve trying to get a dying child and their parent(s) to become a poster child for your idiotic meme in return.  I know donating to charity without trolling for recognition or free publicity is a foreign concept on the modern internet, but try it out some time.

I do agree that these kinds of requests are emotionally difficult and tend to make most people uncomfortable.  We can't help everyone and it is inappropriate to single out one child with medical problems over the others, although as a parent you are going to want to do anything to help your child.  For these reasons the Dogecoin Foundation selects and coordinates charitable projects for those who wish to give just as Litecoin has done.   I think that is the correct response.

I have respect for anyone who would prefer to give anonymously.  It is generally my preferred route too, but I also think the best way to raise money for a particular project is to raise awareness and set goals.  People like to feel good about themselves and feel they have made a difference.  The outcome is the most important things and whether you view this as cynical PR or not, a number of good causes have received money.
dr.octopus

Activity: 47

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 09:59:25 AM

Your thread is pointless. Like it or not, doge has a very strong community backing it up. Investors love DOGE.
Note: I do not support DOGE, I only mine it and sell as it is very profitable.

Investors love DOGE.
TRUE!  Kiss  Kiss  Kiss
apuestascoin

Activity: 586
Merit: 500

Gambling bitcoin webmaster

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 10:11:39 AM

Investors love DOGE , and haters make the community more strong  Grin

mineworker

Activity: 130

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:18:06 AM

I started mining doge as a joke to tip people on reddit, was great back in the days when the difficulty was low, unfortunately it has been a victim of its own success and me personally I am waiting till it hits the $1 mark and im out.

Like the stock market, there will be winners and losers.

WompRat

Activity: 232

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:27:18 AM

Aside from the obvious point that teens are a hugely important demographic for driving adoption and making things socially cool, I must say I have never been more embarrassed to own bitcoins than after seeing the Reddit reaction to Apple removing an app from their App Store. A bunch of spoiled children smashing up their expensive toys because they couldn't get their own way is sad on so many levels.
GameKyuubi

Activity: 253
Merit: 1413

DTCxNMC

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:38:55 AM

Aside from the obvious point that teens are a hugely important demographic for driving adoption and making things socially cool, I must say I have never been more embarrassed to own bitcoins than after seeing the Reddit reaction to Apple removing an app from their App Store. A bunch of spoiled children smashing up their expensive toys because they couldn't get their own way is sad on so many levels.

Couldn't this sentiment also apply to the Boston Tea Party?  It's a form of rebellion no matter how you cut it, "childish" or not.

BTC: 15SLrNo6PKVfsH5JLtatJcVkSQXCk1LXyq
full stack Node
JTB800

Activity: 284

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:45:41 AM

First, the OP is an idiot. His whining comes across as misinformed and envious.

Somewhere along the way, you semi-professional miners have come to think of yourselves as very important people. A coin's value is predicated on the percentage of "pre-mine" and if it isn't up to the miner's liking then it is declared a scam. God forbid that something like NXT or others that have been limited or horror of horrors, Ripple, that has no mining whatsoever. A coin's efficacy is secondary to many -- not all, but many. It's all about the miner's getting their greedy little pools lined up so that they can have the first shares to dump on the public. And then they act as if they are doing the world a big favor.

Secondly, DOGE is doomed. I am sorry about that and wish it weren't true as the community is the absolute best. But you can't have a near endless supply come on the market forever. On top of that, as I understand it there is no end game. In other words, the supply of coins is ultimately unlimited. This cannot be sustainable as eventually there will be no one left to buy the new supply. And that "eventually" is probably a lot sooner than people think. I think DOGE's community is something all of these alt-coins should strive for, but the actual coin is destined for zero.
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 10:52:13 AM

yes doge is doomed and that is the reason why it's going to hurt cryptocurrency, because all those thousands of people who bought in thinking they are going to make a fortune like btc' s early adopters, are going to get burnt so bad, it's going to make crypto's look really bad, and that is why the op is right RESPECT!!
JTB800

Activity: 284

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:03:51 AM

yes doge is doomed and that is the reason why it's going to hurt cryptocurrency, because all those thousands of people who bought in thinking they are going to make a fortune like btc' s early adopters, are going to get burnt so bad, it's going to make crypto's look really bad, and that is why the op is right RESPECT!!

Oh, you stupid, retarded, moron!

There, are you ready to listen to me now? Because, that is what the OP said to all DOGE fans. And to back up all of his insults, he cited the fact that DOGE is not an "original" and brings nothing new to the table. So what?

DOGE is doomed because its unlimited supply of coins will not allow it to succeed (eventually). Pointing that out to people is important. They either understand that deep down or certainly will if explained properly. In the meantime, they are having fun. And boy oh boy, does this crypto-currency world need some fun injected into it.

Well over half of these boards are dedicated to posts of greedy miners complaining that they somehow didn't get enough of the new coins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: