Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:51:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Doge coin is bad  (Read 171439 times)
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 03:11:17 PM

doge seems to be in a slump

This is similar to what happens with FTC and why I felt DOGE would begin to model FTC in time.  Now that the reward halved mining profitability is way down.  DOGE and LTC are as profitable.  If you take into account DOGE's high orphan rate/stales then DOGE is actually less profitable than LTC. 

Some miners have redistributed back to LTC as LTC hashrate is climbing again.  A lot of miners we not dumbing DOGE on the run up because the community was insistent that DOGE was going to double in price after the halving.  If DOGE does not continue to climb then the built in inflation of the coin will cause price to sell down.

I'm still waiting on hitting 200 to buy back in for the first bounce.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 03:43:55 PM

This is similar to what happens with FTC and why I felt DOGE would begin to model FTC in time.  Now that the reward halved mining profitability is way down.  DOGE and LTC are as profitable.  If you take into account DOGE's high orphan rate/stales then DOGE is actually less profitable than LTC. 

Some miners have redistributed back to LTC as LTC hashrate is climbing again.  A lot of miners we not dumbing DOGE on the run up because the community was insistent that DOGE was going to double in price after the halving.  If DOGE does not continue to climb then the built in inflation of the coin will cause price to sell down.

Give it time. The price can't double in a night.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 04:21:11 PM

Hmm I think Doge will show how to make a good coin Smiley
Its ultra fast, ultra funny, and super cheap Tongue

Wow !
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:48:55 PM

I agree with OP. Go Franko!!!  Cool

i roll on that train hard !

i was asked on chat long ago why do i like that coin ?
the guy said just because the dev is nice ?
and i said oh hell no it goes waaay beyond that !

i won' bother listing it all sorry i'm lazy but people should consider checking them out.
and hey maybe they arne't perfect but we got to deal with what we have available and Franko shines ahead of the pack i think.

yeah that's right you all i said i like a coin LOLOL
mark it on the calender hahahha

I hope to see an environment where devs working hard to bring a viable alternative to bitcoin to the table is encouraged and supported
and you guys can not say your doing that when you ignore say Franko for *example and push / Scream Doge nonsense across the planet like little children !
I really think devs have lost faith in us all and i bet many have given up WORKING at providing REAL Service and real coins
and simply said screw it and changed names and decided to make pump and dump ponzi joke coins..
why work your ass off when some kids copy Litecoin slaps a dog icon on it and changes the name and flash mines it and then repeats it all endlessly.

I don't know why you all bend over backwards to defend a coin that was stated as a Joke from the beginning that people figured would go no where.
When guys have WORKED long and hard for a new coin with innovations with the intention of succeeding from the start.

What is wrong with you people ? I really want to know ? are you that consumed with greed ?
You know i have in the past made lots of money with Franko for example and i still to this day mine it because even after all this time it's still fairly profitable.
I have a miner going right now on Franko actually.

Wake up and give your heads a shake and GROW UP Doge cheerleaders !

FUD first & ask questions later™
knightcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:27:13 PM

I'm actually trying to convince my local petshop to accept BTC or DOGE Wink the owner is a 70 years old man that barely use internet ... if I can twist his arm ... I think I can twist anyone's   

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:34:54 PM

Yeah, Franko is much better than Doge, that is clear.

The point is that if Doge is detrimental to the crypto-currency scene, and if the Doge followers are detrimental too. If the dominant part of the Doge community is a bunch of 4chan teenagers trying to scam or ponzi other people, well, that is of course terrible.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 06:16:53 PM

I'm actually trying to convince my local petshop to accept BTC or DOGE Wink the owner is a 70 years old man that barely use internet ... if I can twist his arm ... I think I can twist anyone's   

He will agree I supose if you will not be his only customer with Doges
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 06:45:11 PM

Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 07:45:39 PM

If you hate DOGE so much why not just release a Spoetnik DOGE miner that is as awesome as the Quark miner you released to thundering failure and use it to steal their DOGE?
thomastaylor

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:09:11 PM

Dogecoin is one of the biggest scam-coins I know.. and I can't understand why it has such a high trading volume on vircurex or other platforms…  Huh Huh Huh
What is the use for this coin Huh
Slipz

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:23:12 PM

Could it be that this topic as well as other topics that were created by the OP bashing altcoins as well even Bitcoin is all a troll reverse psychology. The more you bash something the more people will feed into the drama and talk about it. All i got out of it is i should go and mine more Dogecoins....... Tongue
knightcoin

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 08:24:38 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2014, 08:53:31 PM by knightcoin

Doge explore the marketing phenomena better than any other alt coin. I pretty sure others coins are ok, but they failure to reach the general public. Thats why I'm investing in it... it's gambling.. sure... and those crazy shibas will mine everything in a year ... I wondering to know miners will be able to secure the network after that .. but as somebody already said here, all alt coins are joke, doge is the only one who admits it ...

Dogs are man best friend since prehistory when we were in the caves ...  every time I show the dogecoin client on my mobile the girls goes .. so cute, adorable .. etc I am telling you... it is far way from the reaction I got within others coins clients ... that is marketing! plus you already have a tons of free propaganda related into peoples subconscious mind.

roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 10:04:11 PM

Do someone know when Doge price will go up after halvening?
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 02:58:40 AM

If you hate DOGE so much why not just release a Spoetnik DOGE miner that is as awesome as the Quark miner you released to thundering failure and use it to steal their DOGE?

I said prove it 3x on this topic already ? care to put up or shut up ?

every second page you make some bs attack on me saying i made some miner before that steals coins (funny how anyone that tried was disappointed it DID NOT ahhahaa)
and i had someone attack me with this before months back too, a guy who i have been fighting with for a year straight who threatened to beat me up and sue me etc..
and hmm i winder if that is you Huh hmmm ?
further more i addressed this exact attack loooong ago and i posted and gave my src code to shitloads of people and the coin dev themselves the guy who coded
the pool i was on stepped up and publicly said that i was 100% innocent making your claims entirely baseless !
You insisted i made a miner that scammed the pool submitting a flood of shares stealing all users coins on the pool
but it's impossible to do AND i went and copied and pasted the pool log showing me and the other guy testing my miner with me that we got EXACTLY 98.8% of ALL blocks found.
So your a lying brat when you demanded my miner was not getting any blocks and i proved it !!!
You also demanded my hash rate on my miner was fishy and must be a scam and anyone that said that i offered them my source code
hell i even can show you my old emails how i emailed the source code in full to the pool op (any other people) FAR in advance of ANY drama publicly..
AND the guy helping me test my miner runs a lot web sites and has a whole ass load of machines including pro server hardware..
so when some little whiny bitch with his 2007 laptop is crying foul maybe its you and your slow computer noob ?
Besides it's impossible to steal from the pool.. your clearly don't have a clue how miners work OR your simply trolling me..

to sum it up i was working on making the miner faster and i stumbled on to way to get more shares submitted by toying with shit..
at the time i was not sure how or why etc and i was still learning and later i realized (and the pool operator admitted)
that he was running the pool deliberately accepting easier shares than the other major pool most people were using..
and when people bitched at him he said fuck off i can run my pool however i want and that is how i want to run my pool.
So in fact it had shit all to do with me and i also got my code off of Github and explained on Cryptsy chat & on these forums exactly what i did every step of the way..
being entirely transparent and up front and honest citing references and re-explaining it all over and over with people everywhere.

What a shock.. what did i say already here 10x ?
Change the subject and attack me personally .. how original.. ..how MENSA of you Wink

..troll harder

Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 05:41:30 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2014, 07:59:07 AM by Hilux74

I have never used your software.  I'm not that dumb.  I just read all the complaints.  Cool story though.  So like I said why not release a shitty DOGE miner if you hate DOGE?  For shits n giggles n a few BTC you know.  Not sure what is so confusing about that question.  Want to fuck DOGE then do something just don't just complain.
ZeroBarrier

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 08:22:06 AM

He won't do shit, because he can't do shit. Useless excuse for a sack of meat. His cries of ponzi scheme this, ponzi scheme that; shit, it's the only thing he says in nearly every thread for a multitude of coins here. And the worst part is that he actually believes Dogecoin is a ponzi scheme. One of the few coins that is as fair as they come. No pre-mine and people had 2 months to mine the living shit out of it. In those 2 months I managed to mine 50,000 Dogecoins on my laptop, and that was only because I mined less than 12 hours a day and some days not at all. Had I left my laptop running 24/7 to mine, I could have easily hit 2M-3M coins in that time frame, all on a laptop (not an AMD/ATI chip either, it's got a GTX 660M for crying out loud).

This guy is seriously delusional; he believes we are bad for the crypto-currency scene and that he's somehow the savior. In reality he's more a cancer to the crypto-currency scene than most of us here.
His elitist BS attitude is the same attitude some Bitcoin evangelist have and it's why Bitcoin isn't even really widely used as a fucking currency but more like a speculative asset in the crypto-currency world.

Seriously, 21 million Bitcoins? This is somehow supposed to be a universal currency used around the world? On a planet inhabited by 7 billion people and growing? And please don't give me the whole 8 decimal points spiel, the average Joe doesn't count to 8 decimal points; and even if they did that still means there is only 0.00300000 Bitcoins per person on this Earth, and that's all without even accounting for lots coins/wallets that can never be retrieved due to a myriad of different circumstances.

This is one of the reasons why Dogecoin has been so successful. 100 billion coins on average in total circulation, approximately 98 billion coins will be mined by January 2015 and then after block 600,000 there will only be 5,256,000,000 minted per year, which makes Dogecoins inflation rate decremental year over year. In the first year after block 600,000 the inflation rate will be 5.26% and every year after that the inflation rate decreases until it someday reaches 0.0000001% (yes, you guessed it, 8 decimal points; pun intended). This inflation rate is actually less than both Bitcoin and Litecoin until the year 2019 at the earliest for Bitcoin and the year 2020 at the earliest for Litecoin. This decremental inflation rate will take care of the irreversibly lost coins/wallets problem and the estimated 100 billion coins comfortably allows for Dogecoin to be used by every single person on the planet.

Dogecoin isn't what's bad with crypto-currency; this guys shitty attitude is.

Annual Inflation Rates
Year  Dogecoin    Bitcoin        Litecoin
1      100%         100%         100%
2      5.26%        50%           50%
3      5%            33%           33%
4      4.76%        12.5%        12.5%
5      4.54%        11.1%        11.11%
6      4.35%        10%           10%
7      4.2%          9.09%        9.09%

Year  Dogecoin    Bitcoin       Litecoin
2015  5.26%       10%          33.33%
2016  5%            9.09%       12.5%
2017  4.76%        4.1%        11.11%
2018  4.54%        4%           10%
2019  4.35%        3.85%       9.09%
2020  4.2%          3.7%        4.1%
knightcoin

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 08:50:58 AM

I am pro doge, but I am not sure if miners going to get a proper compensation to keep the network running after 100 billion there are many variables (eg. another coins competitions) that makes very hard do the math/calc... I think it's depends of the price (or if you really hate fiat, goods and service exchange value) ... Anyway I will keep my bitcoins mainly because we only have 21 million.

I think there is a balance ... the coin cant get to expensive.. but not too cheap either to have real usability  ... in my point of view I would be very happy with a coin price >= gold and another like a 1+- dollar

piaf2000

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 01:53:27 PM

Dogecoin is one of the biggest scam-coins I know.. and I can't understand why it has such a high trading volume on vircurex or other platforms…  Huh Huh Huh
What is the use for this coin Huh

Doge is the most efficient coin ever made for social networks (go tipping on reddit or facebook, it's fun, addictive and very useful to say "thank you" for a service or something you like), also for internet games, gambling websites and retail services (no need to figure out with boring decimals). And Dogecoin gets incredible positive vibes from his huge community, friendly for newbies, it's a real good thing for investors and mass marketing. Those who can't see that the Dogecoin is going to be huge are blind. But Spoetnik is not blind, that's why he created this topic, because he knows that and he's only trying to protect his interest, but actually he's just giving to Dogecoin more advertisement and power.
Disastrus

Activity: 145

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 03:09:53 PM

It is bullshit that this coin has a future..

just a hype, for now.

You think serious businesses will pick this up? Only because of marketcap maybe, but then still its a ridiculous coin.
It is because of you coinhippies this market gets so retarded.
No I am not butthurt, whatever.  I even traded some Doge.
But this is all to stupid.

Good luck with it
piaf2000

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 03:51:56 PM

You think serious businesses will pick this up?

Serious businesses always take seriously what people like
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: