Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:20:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Doge coin is bad  (Read 171439 times)
LostDutchman

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 02:36:50 AM

You may be surprised, I also thought it was yet another 'shitcoin' at first, but given the rise in anticipation for the reward halving, the growing community interest, several notable press articles (even if it was mainly buzz), many reasons not to dismiss DOGE too fast IMHO Wink

Agreed and thank you for your kind and insightful reply.

In a poll, four out of four of my dogs support DOGECOIN!

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
chosetime

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:41:07 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 01:49:54 PM by chosetime

Some miners have redistributed back to LTC as LTC hashrate is climbing again.  A lot of miners we not dumbing DOGE on the run up because the community was insistent that DOGE was going to double in price after the halving.  If DOGE does not continue to climb then the built in inflation of the coin will cause price to sell down.

I'm still waiting on hitting 200 to buy back in for the first bounce.
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 02:47:16 AM

Doge coin is bad, just a personal opinion.

Could you please substanitate the foundation for your opinion or is your opinion just like something else that everyone else has?

My $.02.

Wink

P.S.:

This dog supports Dogecoin:

Corporations For Crypto
el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:29:13 AM

Dogecoin rules, because it doesn't take itself too serious and it has a really nice and outgoing community!
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:53:15 AM

dogecoin is better than all the stupid country coins

no it's just as bad equally.. the fact a LOT of people flash mined and invested in Doge coin does not make it Legit in the slightest.
That is pretty bad logic and seemingly your only defense cheerleaders lol ..the fact is, Doge coin is a childish and irritating cancerous runaway scam !
When Berni Madofff was arrested for running the largest ponzi scheme in history it was because  he was running a pyramid scheme con job.
If the fact he suckered in a lot of people meant what he was doing was legit he would not have been arrested at all.
I wonder of his defense team in court used the whole Freedom angle.. as in we have the freedom and right to con people.. Free market blah blah blah
I doubt it that dumb bitch logic won't fly anywhere else in life.. only crypto has the bar been lowered so badly that morons get away with scummy bs.
That famous TV pitch scam man guy Kevin Trudeau finally after 30 years was arrested for the same scammy bullshit you coin cloners do not long ago.
And you cloners are next.. and you have no way to sit there and pretend that your scams are really truly meant to be a currency.
I would have to expect some arrests at some point.. these scammers can't go on for ever sooner or later many guys are going to jail for this shit.
Reminds me of Max Kesier coin lol scamming piece of shit clone coin pushing asshole cost a LOT of people money while him and his pro dev team brag about the Lambo'z i'm sure..

@el_rlee
oh and buddy your selling point or defense that it doesn't take it self too seriously is pathetic.. it should it's a currency.
should banks maybe take things less serious about your money ? Should they maybe be a lot more casual about who gets your cash ?
maybe they should let anyone that looks like me walk in and take my money..
Your retort is a pathetic excuse for a scam .

FUD first & ask questions later™
TanteStefana

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:26:17 AM

Probably been said before, but I'm going to put in my two cents here.

Because Dogecoin has such an active and large user base, it is highly successful.  I support a coin called Darkcoin because of it's excellent developer and incredible features and usefulness, but WE DON'T COME CLOSE TO DOGECOIN'S SUCCESS!!

Until we can do what Dogecoin has done, in some way, we will never, ever be as successful as Dogecoin.  I think what the Dogecoin community has achieved is amazing.  It has achieved one of the holy grails of crypto coins, and that's the user base.  Therefore, it has given the rest of us an idea of how to follow in their foot steps as well as what is possible.

I own no Dogecoins, so I have no personal interest in it.  But I do recognize brilliance in what a community can do, and dogecoin has done it and we at Darkcoin have discussed your success on several occasions, but unfortunately, we're just not as creative and wonderful a group as you are!

Please let me invite you over to our thread if you're so inclined as we could use your wonderful enthusiasm and energy!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5960264#msg5960264

Thanks to those of you who have taken the time to read Smiley

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
pandalion98

Activity: 504

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 06:00:08 AM

lol I should sell everything while it still has value
pandalion98

Activity: 504

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 06:02:03 AM

Because Dogecoin has such an active and large user base, it is highly successful.  I support a coin called Darkcoin because of it's excellent developer and incredible features and usefulness, but WE DON'T COME CLOSE TO DOGECOIN'S SUCCESS!!

Until we can do what Dogecoin has done, in some way, we will never, ever be as successful as Dogecoin.  I think what the Dogecoin community has achieved is amazing.  It has achieved one of the holy grails of crypto coins, and that's the user base.  Therefore, it has given the rest of us an idea of how to follow in their foot steps as well as what is possible.

I own no Dogecoins, so I have no personal interest in it.  But I do recognize brilliance in what a community can do, and dogecoin has done it and we at Darkcoin have discussed your success on several occasions, but unfortunately, we're just not as creative and wonderful a group as you are!

Please let me invite you over to our thread if you're so inclined as we could use your wonderful enthusiasm and energy!

You know why it's famous?

It's because it's named after a meme  Cool
startcoin568

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:36:34 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 02:37:08 PM by startcoin568

To be fair, it's just as delusional to think that Bitcoin is the way of the future.  What 21 million coins in a world with 7 billion people?  That's not even including coins that have been "lost" or will be lost.  Not even accounting for lost coins that's 0.003 BTC per person.

Also if it's main goal is to be a currency it fucking fails at it since it's deflationary.  If I knew that a dollar would be worth more tomorrow than today, what incentive would I have to ever spend it?
TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:44:30 AM

Because Dogecoin has such an active and large user base, it is highly successful.  I support a coin called Darkcoin because of it's excellent developer and incredible features and usefulness, but WE DON'T COME CLOSE TO DOGECOIN'S SUCCESS!!

Until we can do what Dogecoin has done, in some way, we will never, ever be as successful as Dogecoin.  I think what the Dogecoin community has achieved is amazing.  It has achieved one of the holy grails of crypto coins, and that's the user base.  Therefore, it has given the rest of us an idea of how to follow in their foot steps as well as what is possible.

I own no Dogecoins, so I have no personal interest in it.  But I do recognize brilliance in what a community can do, and dogecoin has done it and we at Darkcoin have discussed your success on several occasions, but unfortunately, we're just not as creative and wonderful a group as you are!

You know why it's famous?

It's because it's named after a meme  Cool

A coin's community is it's most precious resource.  They have an amazing community.  Super active and involved.  Ignoring that is foolish in my opinion.  Who cares what brought them together, how the coin started out as a joke, they took it and ran with it.  The coin no longer belongs to the creator, he/she never saw this coming.  Once a coin is in the wild, it either lives or dies, this one lived and I don't see it dyeing any time soon.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
N-1088v

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:51:41 PM

Dear, Doge Fanboys and cheerleaders,

Your crappy shitcoin is nothing but a crappy clone of any one of the 100's of other scrypt clones
with an icon as it's only unique feature and redeeming quality.. which is just a picture some guy found online and used.
The dev / douche aka: coin cloner, could not even be bothered to create a new meme.jpg for his Coingen coin lol

i hope anyone supporting this coin gets cleaned out and loses all their money bad !

Doge coin is a scammy crap clone coin that is damaging to Bitcoin and the entire Altcoin scene.
When major news outlets online report on Bitcoin news and they start including news about Doge
it make Bitcoin look bad.. i can see clearly people who are not even in crypto are disgusted by this crap scam coin.
Never mind the guys like me who have been at it for a while and watched many other shitcoins like this come and go..

The only reason it has gotten popular is because noobs that showed up late to the Altcoin game
decided they would FLASH MINE this coin.. greedy stupid noobs are the problem and i kinda wish Bitcoin never exploded in popularity sometimes.

The intelligence level of Doge supporters is at best.. retarded.
They are too stupid to realize that their support of Doge and their damaging antics are undermining the very thing giving their shit coin any value at all.
Which is the ability to dump the shit coin for a REAL currency such as Bitcoin.. you make Bitcoin look bad by shouting Doge all over the web..
while making Bitcoin look bad while in turn making Doge look bad and worth less.. your smart guys lol

I just feel sorry for all the dev's out there that had gone to great lengths to create and support a REAL honest alternative to Bitcoin.
The lime light is stolen from them at every turn because of mouthy retard noobs screeching Doge and Much yes 'tard crap..

And yes it is in fact possible to trade and mine a coin AND not support it and make money of it..
after all you might as well if the stupid dumpy scamcoin exchanges are going to add the coin then ya go for it ..might as well make a few $$ with it.
BUT
You don't have to run around like a moron across the web screaming Doge every chance you get trying to lure new people into a ponzi scheme.

Never mind the long term implications of this clone coin crap.. you idiots are doing REAL supporters a dis-service
and i am going to make sure your shitty little scam coin goes nowhere by pointing to the new people how utterly scammy and useless Doge coin is.

My advice to new users is do a bit of research and find one of the other alternative crypto-currencies to get involved with
that offer something unique and have a real dev team with a real road map of goals.. just look for them there are many.

You mad, Bro?

LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 09:08:40 PM

Dear, Doge Fanboys and cheerleaders,

Your crappy shitcoin is nothing but a crappy clone of any one of the 100's of other scrypt clones
with an icon as it's only unique feature and redeeming quality.. which is just a picture some guy found online and used.
The dev / douche aka: coin cloner, could not even be bothered to create a new meme.jpg for his Coingen coin lol

i hope anyone supporting this coin gets cleaned out and loses all their money bad !

Doge coin is a scammy crap clone coin that is damaging to Bitcoin and the entire Altcoin scene.
When major news outlets online report on Bitcoin news and they start including news about Doge
it make Bitcoin look bad.. i can see clearly people who are not even in crypto are disgusted by this crap scam coin.
Never mind the guys like me who have been at it for a while and watched many other shitcoins like this come and go..

The only reason it has gotten popular is because noobs that showed up late to the Altcoin game
decided they would FLASH MINE this coin.. greedy stupid noobs are the problem and i kinda wish Bitcoin never exploded in popularity sometimes.

The intelligence level of Doge supporters is at best.. retarded.
They are too stupid to realize that their support of Doge and their damaging antics are undermining the very thing giving their shit coin any value at all.
Which is the ability to dump the shit coin for a REAL currency such as Bitcoin.. you make Bitcoin look bad by shouting Doge all over the web..
while making Bitcoin look bad while in turn making Doge look bad and worth less.. your smart guys lol

I just feel sorry for all the dev's out there that had gone to great lengths to create and support a REAL honest alternative to Bitcoin.
The lime light is stolen from them at every turn because of mouthy retard noobs screeching Doge and Much yes 'tard crap..

And yes it is in fact possible to trade and mine a coin AND not support it and make money of it..
after all you might as well if the stupid dumpy scamcoin exchanges are going to add the coin then ya go for it ..might as well make a few $$ with it.
BUT
You don't have to run around like a moron across the web screaming Doge every chance you get trying to lure new people into a ponzi scheme.

Never mind the long term implications of this clone coin crap.. you idiots are doing REAL supporters a dis-service
and i am going to make sure your shitty little scam coin goes nowhere by pointing to the new people how utterly scammy and useless Doge coin is.

My advice to new users is do a bit of research and find one of the other alternative crypto-currencies to get involved with
that offer something unique and have a real dev team with a real road map of goals.. just look for them there are many.

You mad, Bro?

I wonder what the OP and others who oppose Dogecoin suggest should be done about it?

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Warning__3

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:30:58 PM

Why is this topic still keep going?

LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 09:40:05 PM

Why is this topic still keep going?

It's interesting.

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 10:21:29 PM

It is interesting... and perhaps starting to be boring.

Doge coin is not bad - it is just another crypto currency which contains very funny community Smiley
And some good fellas like "Hood" are on the Doge side of force.

Doge is Doge, it will or will not die soon. Price is going down. People are not flying to the moon (yet).
Verge

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:36:25 PM

Apologize in advance as I am still kind of new. Do you think that last spike to 137 was simply a small pump and dump? I see it is rising ever so slightly again now and wondering if I should sell-off my small doge holdings soon or hang on for better profits.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:28:25 PM

A picture says a thousand words lol

Hey guys.. i said it before and and look at the graph i predicted it right on the money so..
I told you so Smiley

I said before that mining profitability had reached parity with numerous other coins and now the main advantage / benefit of Doge coin is GONE !
..and that all the so called supporters in the community will dry up and vanish and disolve into nothing. so far that is exactly what has happened !

and if you look closely to stats faith is gone.. people are dumping.
they will do it a bit here and there so they don't raise alarm with the herd of lemmings and so they can get more than dumping all at once.

the altcoin scene over all is a hive mentality and the crowd goes where the money is and the mining money is where ever the crowd is so..
when one coin gets boring to the Reddiots with ADD who bought a ton of GPU's at severely over priced costs they will sweat and
move to another coin that makes them more money
after all many of the kids here bought a ton of GPU's at 600 buck each or more.. and they are probably a still way off making their money back
and no they don't care about some so called doge coin community and i told you all this and you all 99.9999999% attacked me for it endlessly
and guess what..

I TOLD YOU SO

I know this because i looked at the issue objectively and based my opinion on past experience over the course of close to a year dealing with altcoins.
If it was going to succeed but i didn't like the coin i would have said so all along.. fair is fair.. i have never tried to deceive people about Doge coin.
i really seriously have been convinced of everything i have ever said about.. it's what i believe in all honesty !
And i said it all to warn the less experienced people that don't know any better and that will inevitably get suckered in by hype from bag holders.

I hope some people learned something from this. Don't invest in garbage to make a quick buck and if you do ? then sell out before the price tanks Wink LOL

PS all the little Doge coin parties in California won't do shit now lol
its faaaarrrr too late.. Doge coin is dead and doomed.. it's going no where but down from here i guarantee it 100% !

and i almost forgot.. remember the Olympics guys ? Jamaica's bobsled team finished LAST in the whole entire world LOL hahhaa
and they also didn't mention Doge coin in the media when you guys said they would (about the Doge coin donation to the team)
i guarantee they cashed it out asap and spent the money and laughed at you dog coin supporters and never thought about it again lol
that's what i'd do Wink

edit:
Less than a month ago the price was around 263 i think so its looking pretty bad guys lol

FUD first & ask questions later™
tend0ll0r

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:58:46 PM

Let me just thankyou and say that I just joined this forum and this is my first post, because of you.

Dude you sound like you need to shoot your load lol

If you hate dogecoin so much, why did you start a thread about it?

If you look at ""ALL" the charts for majority of the "most traded" coins, most of them have felt the decline too. Read some crypto news.

You've probably not even been over to the dogecoin reddit and read some posts to understand what the community is about.

Majority of us don't give 2 farts about the price, we're there for the fun of it.

If price floats your boat, then get on with your shit instead of wasting your time dissing a coin as your saying is in decline.

The investment is the community. The coin may be declining but the community remains.

To the moon...... but you won't understand this.

Shibe out.

Maharaja

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:04:30 PM

Apologize in advance as I am still kind of new. Do you think that last spike to 137 was simply a small pump and dump? I see it is rising ever so slightly again now and wondering if I should sell-off my small doge holdings soon or hang on for better profits.
Would love to see a small spike to 140 Smiley, but I guess that is just wishful thinking

zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 08:15:28 PM

Yea I joined the doge coin trend cause it seemed very postive and fun at that time.  Still im speculating the joke currency

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: