Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:31:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Doge coin is bad  (Read 171439 times)
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 09:03:49 AM

Doge is almost starting to look good now with the way the bitcoin price is going Huh
Not really, maybe I'll try darkcoin next.

"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
beitris.dwlul

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:13:40 PM

Anything can happen to any cryptocurrency, that's natural!  Tongue

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 06:51:12 PM

Doge is like feeding your kids Cotton Candy for Dinner every day because that is what they are asking for..
as in exchanges / pools etc are sitting there watching and they say ohhh well "user demand"
and then the flood gates opened wide..

you guys can sit there and play stupid but the reality is if you look at the ANN section you will see endless attempts
to copy cat what Doge was.. a clone coin with a meme picture.. one after another came out and many ended up on exchanges etc
a domino effect of greedy stupidity which did damage to Bitcoin and the entire scene as a whole.
and i think people are stupid if they can't see it.. or as usual playing dumb (the only two options around here ever)

you guys made your bed and now your gonna sleep in it /the end.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 02:19:16 PM

The should officially change the name to Ebola Coin !

Doge is a cancer on Crypto and is going no where ever.

it is the worst coin ever made and has no future and nothing to offer and is doomed.
And i feel sorry for stupid kids who invested into this clone coin ponzi scheme.

I never get tired of watching you kids out there whine your ass's off about clone coins then say you support this shittiest of them all clone coin ROFL

HYPOCRITES

ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 04:43:56 PM

Well I was curious as to the arguments for this one but after reading the op, it is clear that the title is pure sensationalism seemingly backed only by spite. I'm not a Doge holder, at least not anymore and I'm not a Doge preacher either but you have to be stubbornly obtuse to not be able to appreciate the mechanics behind Doge's success. I don't feel like explaining myself right now. Suffice it to say, even someone blinded by emotions should've been able to realize that any successful coin in crypto helps spread Bitcoin further/faster than it would've been able to reach on its own.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:44:27 PM

bullshit i have doge coins right now and i have the wallet installed and i trade them for many months now.
and i still KNOW it's a piece of shit clone coin.

and sorry but facts are facts..

when it came out it took off.. and because it did it caused a whole new super wave of cloning
and THAT is why it's a certified cancer to Crypto.. it was the catalyst when it came out that lit the match to mass cloning.
and mass cloning has helped make Bitcoins reputation far worse than it was before hand.. people already figured it (BTC) was crap.
So when Kiddiots ran across the entire internet spamming up a storm about Doge being the no. 2 coin (not Litecoin)
and that it was set to over take Bitcoin in market cap etc soon.. it was perceived as it is.. lies.

feel free to try and warp reality as much as want i don't care.. people aren't stupid and the market prices reflect this.
as well as the shrinking user base for the coin and the whole scene.

endlessly i explain logically with an honest objective perspective how Doge is bad with specifics
and i am told.... nuuuuu uuuuuuhhhhh

ya huh lol

devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 08:02:10 AM

Dogecoin hashrate is higher than Litecoin's on a permanent basis now?

I see 1.20 TH/s for Doge vs 1.05 TH/s for Litecoin.
TheTribesman
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 03:38:29 AM

bullshit i have doge coins right now and i have the wallet installed and i trade them for many months now.
and i still KNOW it's a piece of shit clone coin.

and sorry but facts are facts..

when it came out it took off.. and because it did it caused a whole new super wave of cloning
and THAT is why it's a certified cancer to Crypto.. it was the catalyst when it came out that lit the match to mass cloning.
and mass cloning has helped make Bitcoins reputation far worse than it was before hand.. people already figured it (BTC) was crap.
So when Kiddiots ran across the entire internet spamming up a storm about Doge being the no. 2 coin (not Litecoin)
and that it was set to over take Bitcoin in market cap etc soon.. it was perceived as it is.. lies.

feel free to try and warp reality as much as want i don't care.. people aren't stupid and the market prices reflect this.
as well as the shrinking user base for the coin and the whole scene.

endlessly i explain logically with an honest objective perspective how Doge is bad with specifics
and i am told.... nuuuuu uuuuuuhhhhh

ya huh lol

But people said the same thing about Litecoin over year ago after the first wave of clones landed. There'll probably be a third wave (DOGE being second wave) and people will say the same thing about the 3rd wave leading crypto (what ever form it may take). When it lands we'll all know it. It's not Darkcoin (so don't even start fellas). It doesn't exist yet (no fellas, it doesn't, don't argue). When it lands we'll all know it.

UnunoctiumTesticles

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 05:15:55 AM

The only reason it has gotten popular is because noobs that showed up late to the Altcoin game
decided they would FLASH MINE this coin.. greedy stupid noobs are the problem and i kinda wish Bitcoin never exploded in popularity sometimes.

The intelligence level of Doge supporters is at best.. retarded.
They are too stupid to realize that their support of Doge and their damaging antics are undermining the very thing giving their shit coin any value at all.
Which is the ability to dump the shit coin for a REAL currency such as Bitcoin.. you make Bitcoin look bad by shouting Doge all over the web..
while making Bitcoin look bad while in turn making Doge look bad and worth less.. your smart guys lol

I just feel sorry for all the dev's out there that had gone to great lengths to create and support a REAL honest alternative to Bitcoin.
The lime light is stolen from them at every turn because of mouthy retard noobs screeching Doge and Much yes 'tard crap..

Sputnuts is so clueless that he criticizes the specific reasons that Doge is the only coin that has gotten close to changing the paradigm.
GameKyuubi

Activity: 253
Merit: 1413

DTCxNMC

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 05:31:30 AM

But people said the same thing about Litecoin over year ago after the first wave of clones landed. There'll probably be a third wave (DOGE being second wave) and people will say the same thing about the 3rd wave leading crypto (what ever form it may take). When it lands we'll all know it. It's not Darkcoin (so don't even start fellas). It doesn't exist yet (no fellas, it doesn't, don't argue). When it lands we'll all know it.

The third wave is already here.  It's been here for almost a year now, lurking in the shadows.  I think it's been around for longer than DOGE, actually, but few have been paying attention...

EDIT: Actually maybe 3rd was NXT and I'm talking about 4th?

BTC: 15SLrNo6PKVfsH5JLtatJcVkSQXCk1LXyq
full stack Node
TheTribesman
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 08:54:48 AM

The third wave is already here.  It's been here for almost a year now, lurking in the shadows.  I think it's been around for longer than DOGE, actually, but few have been paying attention...

EDIT: Actually maybe 3rd was NXT and I'm talking about 4th?

I disagree. NXT was 2nd wave. Litecoin has already won that race (for now I suppose). NXT was created long before DOGE. The waves I'm talking about are based on creation date and the effect on the industry. The current state of affairs shows that Litecoin and Dogecoin are the leaders of their packs. Dogecoin caused a VERY big wave. Darkcoin and all the 'new' coins are still part of the Dogecoin wave.

When the 3rd wave arrives we'll all know about it. It's not here yet (no fella, it's not!).

IMHO Cheesy

UnunoctiumTesticles

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 08:59:23 AM

When the 3rd wave arrives we'll all know about it. It's not here yet (no fella, it's not!).

I predict the first to hear about it won't be on BTT.
devphp

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 08:59:36 AM

NXT was created long before DOGE.

They were launched around the same time, literally within a week from each other.
TheTribesman
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 09:06:04 AM

NXT was created long before DOGE.

They were launched around the same time, literally within a week from each other.

Yes (and I stand corrected - but not too corrected, it was announced in September 2013), but NXT is an LTC generation coin, not Dogecoin generation. Even the NXT wiki identifies NXT as second gen. http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/wiki/Nxt_Wiki

Dogecoin started a revolution in the industry. NXT didn't, and still hasn't.

devphp

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 09:09:46 AM

Yes, but NXT is an LTC generation coin, not Dogecoin generation. Even the NXT wiki identifies NXT as second gen. http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/wiki/Nxt_Wiki

What is an LTC generation?

NXT is crypto 2.0.

LTC is a crypto 1.0 Bitcoin clone, same as Dogecoin. Dogecoin invented new marketing techniques, and thus it has a competitive edge. As for revolution, not really. At most it will help with wider adoption of crypto.
TheTribesman
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 09:17:52 AM

What is an LTC generation?

NXT is crypto 2.0.

LTC generation = Cryptocurrencies created between the creation date of LTC, and the creation date of DOGE.

I know that everyone thinks the coins they hold are revolutionary (every coin has it's evangelists). I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about creation dates and effect on the industry when it was created.

devphp

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 09:23:57 AM

LTC generation = Cryptocurrencies created between the creation date of LTC, and the creation date of DOGE.

Well, see my post above, a few days don't make a difference, and generally I don't see a point in defining generations according to when the crypto was created. The more productive approach is to look at technological and marketing aspects of the crypto. In that regard I believe Dogecoin is more advanced than LTC and will overcome its market cap in a few months. Dogecoin may even come much closer to Bitcoin's market cap than Litecoin ever did. Does it make Dogecoin revolutionary? Not really. Bitcoin was revolutionary for its time (2009-2013). Dogecoin only makes improvements on Bitcoin. The next revolution is crypto 2.0 technologies. Will it be NXT or some other crypto 2.0 technology? We shall find out soon enough, within a year the crypto 2.0 landscape will be much more clear. Dogecoin could fare quite well in this environment though. Bitcoin - not so much. Litecoin - that one will likely be dead sooner rather than later.
TheTribesman
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 10:26:07 AM

Well, see my post above, a few days don't make a difference, and generally I don't see a point in defining generations according to when the crypto was created. The more productive approach is to look at technological and marketing aspects of the crypto. In that regard I believe Dogecoin is more advanced than LTC and will overcome its market cap in a few months. Dogecoin may even come much closer to Bitcoin's market cap than Litecoin ever did. Does it make Dogecoin revolutionary? Not really. Bitcoin was revolutionary for its time (2009-2013). Dogecoin only makes improvements on Bitcoin. The next revolution is crypto 2.0 technologies. Will it be NXT or some other crypto 2.0 technology? We shall find out soon enough, within a year the crypto 2.0 landscape will be much more clear. Dogecoin could fare quite well in this environment though. Bitcoin - not so much. Litecoin - that one will likely be dead sooner rather than later.

I see your point. The thing is that cryptos nowadays can morph into new entities. It's possible that if crypto 2.0 takes off that the existing cryptos will morph into crypto 2.0 (with the exception of the monolithic mighty Bitcoin).

Personally, I see crypto 2.0 as just another item in a long list of claims and technological advances that all the coins have as their individual USPs (except the extreme scamcoins, they couldn't care less Cheesy). At the moment (coming back to the OP), the market and also consumer awareness is the ultimate indicator of where things stand. NXT has been around for almost a year now but if you walk into a crypto convention people are more likely to be aware of Dogecoin than NXT. I just don't see NXT taking over the world now, or in the future.

I'm always happy to eat my words though, and I do frequently!

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 12:55:16 PM

A picture says a thousand words lol

Hey guys.. i said it before and and look at the graph i predicted it right on the money so..
I told you so Smiley

I said before that mining profitability had reached parity with numerous other coins and now the main advantage / benefit of Doge coin is GONE !
..and that all the so called supporters in the community will dry up and vanish and disolve into nothing. so far that is exactly what has happened !

and if you look closely to stats faith is gone.. people are dumping.
they will do it a bit here and there so they don't raise alarm with the herd of lemmings and so they can get more than dumping all at once.

the altcoin scene over all is a hive mentality and the crowd goes where the money is and the mining money is where ever the crowd is so..
when one coin gets boring to the Reddiots with ADD who bought a ton of GPU's at severely over priced costs they will sweat and
move to another coin that makes them more money
after all many of the kids here bought a ton of GPU's at 600 buck each or more.. and they are probably a still way off making their money back
and no they don't care about some so called doge coin community and i told you all this and you all 99.9999999% attacked me for it endlessly
and guess what..

I TOLD YOU SO

I know this because i looked at the issue objectively and based my opinion on past experience over the course of close to a year dealing with altcoins.
If it was going to succeed but i didn't like the coin i would have said so all along.. fair is fair.. i have never tried to deceive people about Doge coin.
i really seriously have been convinced of everything i have ever said about it.. it's what i believe in all honesty !
And i said it all to warn the less experienced people that don't know any better and that will inevitably get suckered in by hype from bag holders.

I hope some people learned something from this. Don't invest in garbage to make a quick buck and if you do ? then sell out before the price tanks Wink LOL

PS all the little Doge coin parties in California won't do shit now lol
its faaaarrrr too late.. Doge coin is dead and doomed.. it's going no where but down from here i guarantee it 100% !

and i almost forgot.. remember the Olympics guys ? Jamaica's bobsled team finished LAST in the whole entire world LOL hahhaa
and they also didn't mention Doge coin in the media when you guys said they would (about the Doge coin donation to the team)
i guarantee they cashed it out asap and spent the money and laughed at you dog coin supporters and never thought about it again lol
that's what i'd do Wink

edit:
Less than a month ago the price was around 263 i think so its looking pretty bad guys lol

After the 40+ pages of Trolling and arguing with me i want to to say.. I TOLD YOU SO !

oh and maybe spend another 24 grand on a Nascar paint job that sure helped get Trailer Trash hicks to your coin LOL

dragnar

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 01:46:52 PM

A picture says a thousand words lol

Hey guys.. i said it before and and look at the graph i predicted it right on the money so..
I told you so Smiley

I said before that mining profitability had reached parity with numerous other coins and now the main advantage / benefit of Doge coin is GONE !
..and that all the so called supporters in the community will dry up and vanish and disolve into nothing. so far that is exactly what has happened !

and if you look closely to stats faith is gone.. people are dumping.
they will do it a bit here and there so they don't raise alarm with the herd of lemmings and so they can get more than dumping all at once.

the altcoin scene over all is a hive mentality and the crowd goes where the money is and the mining money is where ever the crowd is so..
when one coin gets boring to the Reddiots with ADD who bought a ton of GPU's at severely over priced costs they will sweat and
move to another coin that makes them more money
after all many of the kids here bought a ton of GPU's at 600 buck each or more.. and they are probably a still way off making their money back
and no they don't care about some so called doge coin community and i told you all this and you all 99.9999999% attacked me for it endlessly
and guess what..

I TOLD YOU SO

I know this because i looked at the issue objectively and based my opinion on past experience over the course of close to a year dealing with altcoins.
If it was going to succeed but i didn't like the coin i would have said so all along.. fair is fair.. i have never tried to deceive people about Doge coin.
i really seriously have been convinced of everything i have ever said about it.. it's what i believe in all honesty !
And i said it all to warn the less experienced people that don't know any better and that will inevitably get suckered in by hype from bag holders.

I hope some people learned something from this. Don't invest in garbage to make a quick buck and if you do ? then sell out before the price tanks Wink LOL

PS all the little Doge coin parties in California won't do shit now lol
its faaaarrrr too late.. Doge coin is dead and doomed.. it's going no where but down from here i guarantee it 100% !

and i almost forgot.. remember the Olympics guys ? Jamaica's bobsled team finished LAST in the whole entire world LOL hahhaa
and they also didn't mention Doge coin in the media when you guys said they would (about the Doge coin donation to the team)
i guarantee they cashed it out asap and spent the money and laughed at you dog coin supporters and never thought about it again lol
that's what i'd do Wink

edit:
Less than a month ago the price was around 263 i think so its looking pretty bad guys lol

After the 40+ pages of Trolling and arguing with me i want to to say.. I TOLD YOU SO !

oh and maybe spend another 24 grand on a Nascar paint job that sure helped get Trailer Trash hicks to your coin LOL
yea i mined a couple million of doge wen it was released ( first day in a couple of hours lol ) as a joke ( cus why not every one was making fun of it ) then dumped it wen it hit 200 on craptsy XD and never looked back

its a joke it was fun ( to many coins ) but still profit is profit Smiley

lol no ty
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: