Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:55:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Doge coin is bad  (Read 171439 times)
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:08:02 AM

I dont think doge will fail, it is too late for that.

I agree though to the fact that dogecoinhas made a mockery of bitcoin in the press. They use doge to undermine the idea of crypto.

Nothing we can do about it but maybe embrace it. I am making some nice returns on it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WompRat

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:19:05 AM

There is potential for dogecoin to go tits up, but I don't think this is different from any coin.  I haven't seen any article about it that makes Bitcoin look bad, Bitcoin is doing that all by itself. Seriously, MtGox is doing more harm to crypto currencies than Doge could ever do.
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:22:11 AM

Dogecoin the greatest pump and dump the world has even seen.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
WompRat

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:37:00 AM

Dogecoin the greatest pump and dump the world has even seen.

Obviously we don't know whether Dogecoin has staying power, but I feel its current value can at least be justified by the growth.  Every day miners are dumping millions of coins on the market and every day they are bought up greedily. Dogecoin increases moneyed addresses at about 1% a day or about 6000-7000, Bitcoin manages to add about the same, usually a little more which is about 0.35% growth a day, Peercoin on a good day adds 200 new addresses.  Peercoin is practically static and Litecoin is barely moving.  This is a crude measure, but is a key indicator for me and it will be interesting to see what happens after the reward halves. The founders could potentially dump all their coins (seems unlikely), but at least we know who they are. 
leannemckim46

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:39:52 AM

The price is increasing like mad....

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
Ethapus

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:58:56 AM

1. Create a generic clone coin that nobody would care about.
2. Add something that is already viral in the net that people like and can identify with.
3. Reel in all the the newbs that never had anything to do with crypto.
4. Have them buy doge because, well, it's doge and he is cute, and they want to be good little shibes, and very wow, etc.
5. Profit.

That is my summary of dogecoin. A genius scheme, really, and great for introducing people to crypto that would not have cared otherwise. It's just sad that the coin itself is such utter crap, and that it's rise in price is only carried by the sheer amount of doge-crazed sheeple pouring in and investing. Yes, please do hate me for that sentence. Anyway, this will go well for a while, and during that time there will be, er, much profit.
But some time in the not-so-distant-future this trend will reverse. Doge needes over one million dollars a day pouring in to keep the price stable/rising (at given price and mining rate;
source: http://cryptosource.org/good-buys-and-coins-to-avoid-how-daily-coin-maintenance-costs-should-factor-into-your-investment-decisions/).
Will that stream never subside? It definitely will, once the doge-craze subsides. And the broad mass of people will never adopt a coin called dogecoin, offering nothing beyond that, which is already being used to make fun of bitcoin and cryptos in general.
That is the point when doge will be caught in an inevitable downward spiral. Only what happens with all the doge holders making so loss? Will they turn to one of the smart crypto investments out there? Or will they tuck in their tails and hate all cryptos from that moment onwards?
hostmaster

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 11:59:54 AM

My bank account says otherwise, making money is bad?
agreed Smiley
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:19:47 PM

95% of all your replies reinforce my position rock solid.. thanks for fighting my battle for me.

the vast majority of your comments here are such ridiculous nonsense (like Doge the coin)
that it would make me look bad if i addressed them.

Simply put most of you do not have the ability to read period .
You guys take up positions fighting what i said AFTER putting the words in mouth.

And the never ending attack on my credibility like i made a scam miner program is nonsense.. prove it by the way.. you can't.
Changing the subject and refusing to answer any question i pose and name calling sure shows me.. ya you got me ROFL

Your a bunch of little 12 year olds and i usually feel bad about picking on children but not when you attack me first
and run across the net screaming Doge.. STFU !

Your so called community as you guy calls it nothing more than pimple face brats flash mining a sad and pathetic unfunny clone coin.
When the money dries up when mining is no longer profitable all you little punks will scatter and as i have with numerous other coins
i will be around to remind you guys one by one what you said.. i have done it before and people sure don't like it ha ha
IFC TO THE DO MOON ring bell ?
Prob not because most of you just showed up here and think this is 4chan or something.
And i say your morons because you proved it !
For example i was told off when some brat on IRC said Litecoin is a scrypt rip off of just like Doge coin. Doge fans guess what ? Litecoin was the first to use Scrypt wow huh.
THAT is moronic crap you spout off and then think your smart and winning some kind of argument ?
Butthurt ? hmm watch Workaholics much kid ? try coming up with your own intelligent retorts kids and for the love of god stay in school please.

Your coin is dead and i will make sure of it and yeah i WOULD rather have brats playing violent video games that tarnishing the entire altcoin scene and Bitcoin
all the while undermining all the legitimate coin devs that have work so hard for soooo long to put a real viable alternative to Bitcoin on the table for 4chan brats to spit on.

Much 'tard.. VERY much ..

Mad ? You guys are the ones who are mad other wise you wouldn't be running here to mouth me off and insult me..
I have done nothing but try and discuss like an adult what i perceive to be a real threat to crypto and i know a ton of people agree with me 100%
after all i was discussing this stuff far before most of showed up.. problem is you guys try and gang up on people and attack them personally if they
criticize your current scam coin your flash mining and i will not be bullied and scared off as a matter of fact i will guarantee your Doge coin is doomed
Mark my words.. Screen cap this and book mark this topic Wink
And please stop coming here and getting mad and trolling on my topic and calling me a troll hypocrites..

I want new people to be aware this Doge coin is a scypt clone like 100's of others that offer nothing but a ponzi'esque style money making opportunity
AND in my opinion and damaging coin that undermines the only thing that gives it value.. BITCOIN
You make BTC look bad then your making the thing you use to cash out your Doge coins with.. get it ?
And spare me this, you use it as a currency crap ..none of you started using it for that.. you jumped on it to profit .

All you Doge cheerleaders that just showed up in the Altcoin scene *late are going to have to go back where you came from..
Your not taking over with your 4chan meme.jpg bully crap !

and that other Doge Fanboy please look up what "ad hominem" means..

FUD first & ask questions later™
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:23:46 PM

Dear, Doge Fanboys and cheerleaders,

Your crappy shitcoin is nothing but a crappy clone of any one of the 100's of other scrypt clones
with an icon as it's only unique feature and redeeming quality.. which is just a picture some guy found online and used.
The dev / douche aka: coin cloner, could not even be bothered to create a new meme.jpg for his Coingen coin lol

i hope anyone supporting this coin gets cleaned out and loses all their money bad !

Doge coin is a scammy crap clone coin that is damaging to Bitcoin and the entire Altcoin scene.
When major news outlets online report on Bitcoin news and they start including news about Doge
it make Bitcoin look bad.. i can see clearly people who are not even in crypto are disgusted by this crap scam coin.
Never mind the guys like me who have been at it for a while and watched many other shitcoins like this come and go..

The only reason it has gotten popular is because noobs that showed up late to the Altcoin game
decided they would FLASH MINE this coin.. greedy stupid noobs are the problem and i kinda wish Bitcoin never exploded in popularity sometimes.

The intelligence level of Doge supporters is at best.. retarded.
They are too stupid to realize that their support of Doge and their damaging antics are undermining the very thing giving their shit coin any value at all.
Which is the ability to dump the shit coin for a REAL currency such as Bitcoin.. you make Bitcoin look bad by shouting Doge all over the web..
while making Bitcoin look bad while in turn making Doge look bad and worth less.. your smart guys lol

I just feel sorry for all the dev's out there that had gone to great lengths to create and support a REAL honest alternative to Bitcoin.
The lime light is stolen from them at every turn because of mouthy retard noobs screeching Doge and Much yes 'tard crap..

And yes it is in fact possible to trade and mine a coin AND not support it and make money of it..
after all you might as well if the stupid dumpy scamcoin exchanges are going to add the coin then ya go for it ..might as well make a few $$ with it.
BUT
You don't have to run around like a moron across the web screaming Doge every chance you get trying to lure new people into a ponzi scheme.

Never mind the long term implications of this clone coin crap.. you idiots are doing REAL supporters a dis-service
and i am going to make sure your shitty little scam coin goes nowhere by pointing to the new people how utterly scammy and useless Doge coin is.

My advice to new users is do a bit of research and find one of the other alternative crypto-currencies to get involved with
that offer something unique and have a real dev team with a real road map of goals.. just look for them there are many.

Geek arguments that have long been left back at the geek train station

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
Joe_Bauers

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003

GCVMMWH

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:40:30 PM

I said all this months ago.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=383535.msg4155868#msg4155868

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=383535.msg4156391#msg4156391

dogecoin is a premeditated and well thought out attack on Bitcoin and all coins by those hoping to destroy them. 
Since almost none of you see it, I believe it was a successful attack for phase 1.  Phase 2 was likely carried out with relative success over the past few days.
GanjaFarmer23

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:59:38 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2014, 01:19:04 PM by GanjaFarmer23

doc12
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1042

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:02:43 PM

@Spoetnik

Man calm down  Sad Why so much hate ?  Its a free market and doge plays very good game. So stop bitching...

The way you are raging and bitching , make me feel you are a 12yrs old kid. BTW
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 02:06:09 PM

OP mad because he didn't buy in before that 2000% growth in one day.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
matthona

Activity: 350

Bitcointalk.org

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:10:07 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2014, 02:33:38 PM by matthona

95% of all your replies reinforce my position rock solid.. thanks for fighting my battle for me.

the vast majority of your comments here are such ridiculous nonsense (like Doge the coin)
that it would make me look bad if i addressed them.

Simply put most of you do not have the ability to read period .
You guys take up positions fighting what i said AFTER putting the words in mouth.

And the never ending attack on my credibility like i made a scam miner program is nonsense.. prove it by the way.. you can't.
Changing the subject and refusing to answer any question i pose and name calling sure shows me.. ya you got me ROFL

Your a bunch of little 12 year olds and i usually feel bad about picking on children but not when you attack me first
and run across the net screaming Doge.. STFU !

Your so called community as you guy calls it nothing more than pimple face brats flash mining a sad and pathetic unfunny clone coin.
When the money dries up when mining is no longer profitable all you little punks will scatter and as i have with numerous other coins
i will be around to remind you guys one by one what you said.. i have done it before and people sure don't like it ha ha
IFC TO THE DO MOON ring bell ?
Prob not because most of you just showed up here and think this is 4chan or something.
For example i was told off when some brat on IRC said Litecoin is a scrypt rip off of just like Doge coin. Doge fans guess what ? Litecoin was the first to use Scrypt wow huh.
THAT is moronic crap you spout off and then think your smart and winning some kind of argument ?
Butthurt ? hmm watch Workaholics much kid ? try coming up with your own intelligent retorts kids and for the love of god stay in school please.

Your coin is dead and i will make sure of it and yeah i WOULD rather have brats playing violent video games that tarnishing the entire altcoin scene and Bitcoin
all the while undermining all the legitimate coin devs that have work so hard for soooo long to put a real viable alternative to Bitcoin on the table for 4chan brats to spit on.

Much 'tard.. VERY much ..

Mad ? You guys are the ones who are mad other wise you wouldn't be running here to mouth me off and insult me..
I have done nothing but try and discuss like an adult what i perceive to be a real threat to crypto and i know a ton of people agree with me 100%
after all i was discussing this stuff far before most of showed up.. problem is you guys try and gang up on people and attack them personally if they
criticize your current scam coin your flash mining and i will not be bullied and scared off as a matter of fact i will guarantee your Doge coin is doomed
Mark my words.. Screen cap this and book mark this topic Wink
And please stop coming here and getting mad and trolling on my topic and calling me a troll hypocrites..

I want new people to be aware this Doge coin is a scypt clone like 100's of others that offer nothing but a ponzi'esque style money making opportunity
AND in my opinion and damaging coin that undermines the only thing that gives it value.. BITCOIN
You make BTC look bad then your making the thing you use to cash out your Doge coins with.. get it ?
And spare me this, you use it as a currency crap ..none of you started using it for that.. you jumped on it to profit .

All you Doge cheerleaders that just showed up in the Altcoin scene *late are going to have to go back where you came from..
Your not taking over with your 4chan meme.jpg bully crap !

and that other Doge Fanboy please look up what "ad hominem" means..

for the record, I have mined zero DOGEcoins, and the only ones I have are a handful from a reddit tip bot...
you come on here, and talk down to people, insult their intelligence, and then call them grammar nazis when they do the same to you... and you still haven't learned the difference between your and you're
you continually say that DOGE is hurting BITCOIN, but I've not seen you post any FACTs to support this position, but rather a slew of your opinions such as 'scammy'
and btw, if you're going to talk ad hominem - we need look no further than your posts 'greedy stupid noobs' , 'The intelligence level of Doge supporters is at best.. retarded' , 'most of you do not have the ability to read period'
so i would guess if someone called you a hypocrite, they very well might have more evidence of that than you do for DOGE being bad for BITCOIN

▄▌
                         ▄▀
     █▌    ▄▄▄         ▄██ █
    ██   ▀▄██████▄▄▄▄████ ▐█
    ▀██▄▄███████▌███████  █
    ▐████████████████████▄▄█▄
    ▀███████████████▀▀▀██████▄
     █ ██████████▀      ▀█████
    ▐▀  ▀███████  ▄█████████████████▄▄▄
    █▄██▄▄▀█▀█▀▄███████████████▄▀▀   ▄▀
   ████████▄▄▄████▀▀▀██████████▀   ▄▀
  ▄███▀▀██████▀██▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀████▀   ▄▀
 ▄████▄▄▄██▄▄▄       ▄▄   ▄███▀▀▀
▀▄▄ ▀▀█▌█████     ▄▀    ▄███▀
   ▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀
███
▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄
   ▄█▀              ▀█▄
  ▐█       ▄▄▄▄▄      █▌
  █▌       ▀▀███      ▐█
 ▐█        ▄█ ██       █▌
  █▌     ▄█▀          ▐█
  ▐█   ▄█▀            █▌
   ▀█▄█▀            ▄█▀
     ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CRASH

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄
   ▄█▀              ▀█▄
  ▐█    ██▄▄██▄▄██    █▌
  █▌    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▐█
 ▐█      ████████      █▌
  █▌     ████████     ▐█
  ▐█     ████████     █▌
   ▀█▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█▀
     ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TOWER

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄
     ▄█▀     ▄██▄     ▀█▄
    ▐█       ▀██▀       █▌
    █▌   ▄▄  ▄██▄  ▄▄   ▐█
   ▐█   ██████████████   █▌
    █▌   ▀▀  ▀██▀  ▀▀   ▐█
    ▐█       ▄██▄       █▌
     ▀█▄     ▀██▀     ▄█▀
       ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DOUBLE
▀▀▀
███
▄▄▄

▄▌
                         ▄▀
     █▌    ▄▄▄         ▄██ █
    ██   ▀▄██████▄▄▄▄████ ▐█
    ▀██▄▄███████▌███████  █
    ▐████████████████████▄▄█▄
    ▀███████████████▀▀▀██████▄
     █ ██████████▀      ▀█████
    ▐▀  ▀███████  ▄█████████████████▄▄▄
    █▄██▄▄▀█▀█▀▄███████████████▄▀▀   ▄▀
   ████████▄▄▄████▀▀▀██████████▀   ▄▀
  ▄███▀▀██████▀██▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀████▀   ▄▀
 ▄████▄▄▄██▄▄▄       ▄▄   ▄███▀▀▀
▀▄▄ ▀▀█▌█████     ▄▀    ▄███▀
   ▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Mobo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:23:45 PM

Why you all jealous of not being early adopters Huh
Phishin_ca

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:29:02 PM

THIS is what you guys are defending.....

THIS is my OWN coin i made called BunnyCoin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=258208.msg2753177#msg2753177

see a pattern ?

notice the date.. July 17th 2013

edit:

I am going to upload a screenshot later of an IRC chat i was having where a guy was defending Doge,
when he said and get this "Litecoin is a Scrypt clone too"

r
o
f
l

THAT is the intelligence level i am dealing with here !

Litecoin was not the first scrypt coin
WompRat

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:30:24 PM

I think he was right. Tenebrix was the first to use Scrypt, Litecoin copied it.
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:53:44 PM

I said all this months ago.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=383535.msg4155868#msg4155868

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=383535.msg4156391#msg4156391

dogecoin is a premeditated and well thought out attack on Bitcoin and all coins by those hoping to destroy them. 
Since almost none of you see it, I believe it was a successful attack for phase 1.  Phase 2 was likely carried out with relative success over the past few days.

thousands of khs fraudsters conspiring to take down btc, such humor, much stupidity

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
mashac

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:55:59 PM

I think he was right. Tenebrix was the first to use Scrypt, Litecoin copied it.

Lol Spoetnik got owned..
theskillzdatklls

Activity: 1328
Merit: 563

MintDice.com | TG: t.me/MintDice

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 03:15:19 PM

The thing about life is you can't get angry at success. All you can really do is embrace it and shape it in the direction you want to.

This thread won't devalue it or change the course of much of anything.

I don't value the innovation (of which there is none) but I have poured a lot of money a few days ago into doge because it has potential.  Thankfully I did.

I could go and create a thread to tell christians to stop going to church but that won't do much of anything.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: