Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:05:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Doge coin is bad  (Read 171439 times)
C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 02:39:52 PM

active community ? where ?

http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:43:37 PM

Twitter is quite active too: https://twitter.com/dogecoin
165k subscribers, last time I checked that was twice as big as #Bitcoin.
And many of them actively use the tipbot Smiley
ezimedia

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 03:44:49 PM

if you can give me some doge plz that would be good

DRrrTgEnCK1dasfSZYcT5BmMqQ2jY1JuMo

Vericoins Here = VXCBhfbtwJDxnnQQRpUcpKKMwcsVGsT1AJ
LetsTalkBitcoin: http://ecoinincome.com.au/LetsTalkBitCoin.php
lynn_402

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:49:12 PM

The best way to get a small amount would be to post relevant comments on www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin.
Begging is usually frowned upon, though. But you might have some luck in http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoinbeg/
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:35:03 PM

Oh, but I have 100 000 000 dogecoins.  To the Moon!!  Keep dreaming because everyone else has 100 million too!

I'm sure everyone has, $240,000.00 worth of doge.
C10H15N

Activity: 811

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:52:04 PM

That address has 36K Doge in it, why don't you send me some instead?   Grin

https://dogechain.info/address/DRrrTgEnCK1dasfSZYcT5BmMqQ2jY1JuMo

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 05:04:39 PM

That address has 36K Doge in it, why don't you send me some instead?   Grin

https://dogechain.info/address/DRrrTgEnCK1dasfSZYcT5BmMqQ2jY1JuMo

Shit make it rain all over my face too Cheesy

http://dogechain.info/address/DG9h6k75vFyfnLHvuPjD4C9AWEV5zgJtWP

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
bitcoincal

Activity: 132

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:38:30 AM

If Doge rises in price doesn't that raise the price of bitcoin, since most of the DOGE is being purchased with BTC?

1CuWECCUQwkmQTpJdXd6Ga5tXKoJ5f8tPb
lynn_402

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 02:35:19 AM

If Doge rises in price doesn't that raise the price of bitcoin, since most of the DOGE is being purchased with BTC?

Actually it's the opposite; if Dogecoin's price rises, it's because people sold their Bitcoin for it, which means there's less demand for Bitcoins.
And it would also means that people interested in cryptocurrencies, who could have bought Bitcoins, will have bought doges instead, so Bitcoin doesn't raise because of this.
However, the impact is tiny because Dogecoin's market cap is less than 0.4% that of Bitcoin.
WheresWaldo

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:11:02 AM

Dear, Doge Fanboys and cheerleaders,

Your crappy shitcoin is nothing but a crappy clone of any one of the 100's of other scrypt clones
with an icon as it's only unique feature and redeeming quality.. which is just a picture some guy found online and used.
The dev / douche aka: coin cloner, could not even be bothered to create a new meme.jpg for his Coingen coin lol

i hope anyone supporting this coin gets cleaned out and loses all their money bad !

Doge coin is a scammy crap clone coin that is damaging to Bitcoin and the entire Altcoin scene.
When major news outlets online report on Bitcoin news and they start including news about Doge
it make Bitcoin look bad.. i can see clearly people who are not even in crypto are disgusted by this crap scam coin.
Never mind the guys like me who have been at it for a while and watched many other shitcoins like this come and go..

The only reason it has gotten popular is because noobs that showed up late to the Altcoin game
decided they would FLASH MINE this coin.. greedy stupid noobs are the problem and i kinda wish Bitcoin never exploded in popularity sometimes.

The intelligence level of Doge supporters is at best.. retarded.
They are too stupid to realize that their support of Doge and their damaging antics are undermining the very thing giving their shit coin any value at all.
Which is the ability to dump the shit coin for a REAL currency such as Bitcoin.. you make Bitcoin look bad by shouting Doge all over the web..
while making Bitcoin look bad while in turn making Doge look bad and worth less.. your smart guys lol

I just feel sorry for all the dev's out there that had gone to great lengths to create and support a REAL honest alternative to Bitcoin.
The lime light is stolen from them at every turn because of mouthy retard noobs screeching Doge and Much yes 'tard crap..

And yes it is in fact possible to trade and mine a coin AND not support it and make money of it..
after all you might as well if the stupid dumpy scamcoin exchanges are going to add the coin then ya go for it ..might as well make a few $$ with it.
BUT
You don't have to run around like a moron across the web screaming Doge every chance you get trying to lure new people into a ponzi scheme.

Never mind the long term implications of this clone coin crap.. you idiots are doing REAL supporters a dis-service
and i am going to make sure your shitty little scam coin goes nowhere by pointing to the new people how utterly scammy and useless Doge coin is.

My advice to new users is do a bit of research and find one of the other alternative crypto-currencies to get involved with
that offer something unique and have a real dev team with a real road map of goals.. just look for them there are many.

Hi, you must be new.
Every alt coin is garbage.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
Cryddit
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1129

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:28:46 AM

Doge will collapse sometime in the next year. 

This is because the mining subsidy is being halved, several more times, and each time that happens, in the presence of cryptocurrencies that are providing relatively stable mining subsidies, it's going to cost doge about half its mining effort. 

At a point about six months from now, it will merit (on the basis of mining profitability) less hashing power than several other altcoins with market capitalization less than one percent of its own. 

Unfortunately, it needs security (hashing power) in proportion to its market capitalization.  When its hashing power drops as low as that of another altcoin, it becomes as easy a target for an attack as that other altcoin; but because of its higher market cap the attack on Doge will be proportionally far more profitable. 

So the attack will be launched, eventually; some major chunks of coin will get double spent, scammers will make a ton of money off attacking the coin, and then (once the scammers have spent theirs) everybody else will get a chance to revise its value downward to no more than the remaining mining effort can secure.

I'm annoyed with Spoetnik for starting this topic without pointing out the technical reason why Dogecoin will fail.  His idea of "bad" is purely hyperbole and without basis in fact.  I agree with him that Dogecoin is in fact bad, but he is supporting the idea with damnably weak arguments and in a way that antagonizes people, rather than by pointing out the facts of why it is (like most fast-mined alts) guaranteed to fail. 
lynn_402

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:35:05 AM

This is because the mining subsidy is being halved, several more times, and each time that happens, in the presence of cryptocurrencies that are providing relatively stable mining subsidies, it's going to cost doge about half its mining effort.  

At a point about six months from now, it will merit (on the basis of mining profitability) less hashing power than several other altcoins with market capitalization less than one percent of its own.  

Unfortunately, it needs security (hashing power) in proportion to its market capitalization.  When its hashing power drops as low as that of another altcoin, it becomes as easy a target for an attack as that other altcoin; but because of its higher market cap the attack on Doge will be proportionally far more profitable.  

So the attack will be launched, eventually; some major chunks of coin will get double spent, scammers will make a ton of money off attacking the coin, and then (once the scammers have spent theirs) everybody else will get a chance to revise its value downward to no more than the remaining mining effort can secure.

I'm annoyed with Spoetnik for starting this topic without pointing out the technical reason why Dogecoin will fail.  His idea of "bad" is purely hyperbole and without basis in fact.  I agree with him that Dogecoin is in fact bad, but he is supporting the idea with damnably weak arguments and in a way that antagonizes people, rather than by pointing out the facts of why it is (like most fast-mined alts) guaranteed to fail.  

That is a fair criticism.
However, there are ways that this problem could be solved.

- The value could increase. The demand is strong enough to eat 180 million new dogecoins, most of them mined and dumped by multipools, everyday. If that demand remains, it is likely that the price will increase when there will be under 10 times less new doges produced everyday.

- The developpers have mentionned a few times that if the hashrate becomes problematic in the next halvings, dogecoin could switch to PoS. This might happen after the initial 100 billion coins have been mined.

- Other coins could become merge-minable with Dogecoins. A dogecoin pool recently implemented merge-mining with Pesetacoin, and other coin developpers have said that they are considering it; like Digicoin if I'm not mistaken, and there's also Tacocoin. And the idea of being merge-minable with Litecoin is not out of the question.

- There's "charitable" mining. Many dogecoin users have expressed their willingness to mine at a loss to protect the network. There's an initiative on a subreddit called DogecoinDefenseForce, and they have been pledged about 1 gh/s that will always mine doge even at a loss. And it's not the only one.

- Litecoin's price could drop, and thus all the altcoins would share it's massive hashrate. The smaller coins would have quite less security problems.

It seems probable that at least one of these scenarios will happen and thus the network will stay secured.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:34:39 PM

you guys can't even defend the coin anymore lol
this slipped to page 5 pretty fast.

Doge is dead hahhaa

FUD first & ask questions later™
Sydboy

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:43:39 PM

the name alone sounds like 'dodge'
that should be enough to turn people off it
lynn_402

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:48:23 PM

you guys can't even defend the coin anymore lol
this slipped to page 5 pretty fast.

Doge is dead hahhaa

Well then refute what I just posted?

And a coin with 300000$+ of daily trade volume, which manages to stay stable despite a 100BTC daily inflation, and which can be used with hundreds of merchants is quite alive.
fred.81

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 12:56:00 AM

For a long time I was a big fan of Doge - but now I realized this coin is going to die!
The support and the trading volume is decreasing steadily.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:28:10 AM

Listen, I don't care if you're Warren Buffet or Jimmy Buffet, nobody knows what the Doge price is going to do.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
SgtMoth

Activity: 910

buy silver!

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:29:29 AM

Listen, I don't care if you're Warren Buffet or Jimmy Buffet, nobody knows what the Doge price is going to do.

Started as a Joke...will end as a joke...
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 12:55:52 PM

i posted a LOT pages back the Crtyptsy graph and how i posted way before predicting when it would crash in price

i was right.

i told you all so.

the price has bottomed out hard and over time it's losing hash rate.. interest.. market volume.. price

it died.
no coins really die though, they get close to death and limp along forever so yeah i say dead as in Crypto-Dead lol

go pay 10k for a last place finishing bob sled team or a 45k paint job for one nascar race
and then go spend your doge at merchants for all i care lol

the graph say it all.. one huge massive spike into the dirt HAHAHA

fuck you all and i told you so.. suck it Smiley

edit:
@sgtMoth
Your avatar is Spoetnik Approved™
Planning an afternoon of vigorous masturbation after that  Shocked
Nothing turns me on more than seeing.. the Canadian Flag Smiley

FUD first & ask questions later™
freebitcoins4u

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 02:35:31 PM

doge coin will live for ever!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: