Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:18:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Doge coin is bad  (Read 171439 times)
yaboymarvo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:29:08 PM

Dogecoin LIES!!!!!!

dogscoin misrepresents itself

dogscoin is not the way it is representing itself

dogs coin is different than the way it represents itself

LET THE DOGS BUY A DOGS COIN
wtf are you even talking about.

Activity: 14

Activity: 238,your dick must be much larger than mine. Ever heard of lurkers? I never had a reason to make a name on here until like a week ago.
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 07:37:01 PM

I dont think it's bad

Sure it is not "bad"

Just another alt coin...
With a bit of more success in those days.
Predseda4D

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:40:50 PM

And "DOG" backwards is "GOD".

And "DOGE" backwards is "eGOD".

And "GODZILLA" backwards is "ALL IZ DOG".

Grin
yaboymarvo

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:44:27 PM

Dogecoin LIES!!!!!!

Having come to a knowledge of God, They would not glorify God

Due to the fact that they will not glorify God,

therefore God is giving them over to worship a dogs coin

If it is Gods will, then who can be against it,

therefore I agree,

perhaps until they give glory to God

So, the answer is really that you people need to GIVE GLORY TO GOD
ugh my head hurts,this thread is pointless. Just a bunch of butthurt LTC/BTC fanboys that are mad at the fact that dogecoin has gained so much traction in such little time.
broken_pixel

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:53:45 PM

Dogecoin LIES!!!!!!

Having come to a knowledge of God, They would not glorify God

Due to the fact that they will not glorify God,

therefore God is giving them over to worship a dogs coin

If it is Gods will, then who can be against it,

therefore I agree,

perhaps until they give glory to God

So, the answer is really that you people need to GIVE GLORY TO GOD

Looks like The Jesus has done a number on your crypto trust.

just_me

Trust: -16: -4 / +0(0)
Warning: Trade with extreme caution!

GA-990FXA-UD5, 1x 7970L, 2x S1, AX1200i, RIVBE, 2x R290x, NEX1500, BTC: 1G9cQix8bMgh35MQ9wY3Rb9yNSSCtnoRmK, DGC: DFo9FcKYsutv9Vx5c5xUzkrt7VJdECZWTM, LTC: LaAN33aktPGaimN5ALL9kjHjuJekfmKfTh
ihavenousername

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:03:23 PM

Grin

This post just makes me want to buy more DOGE!
ubi4doges

Activity: 81

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:11:54 PM

I dont understand such hate here. Here is letter from Billy Markus - Co-founder of Dogecoin. What i see there is really oposite from what some peoples are trying say here.

[PSA] Your weekly reminder to be respectful of other cryptocoin communities, particularly Bitcoin
http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/1xhpj5/psa_your_weekly_reminder_to_be_respectful_of/

Bitcoin paved the way for us. There would be no dogecoin community without bitcoin. No fun, no dogesled olympics, no tipping, no charities, none of it.
If you want to know why some (not all) come across as bitter, or elitist, or srs bsns, or even angry sometimes, consider this. For years what they were doing was ridiculed, called illegal, called ridiculous, but they kept going with it anyway, motivated by being part of something they thought was big, something exciting, something special. After working and developing infrastructure for years, and fighting for more mainstream acceptance and finally getting momentum, the tide started to change again, from people thinking of them as a joke to people angry with them, jealous that they didn't get in early, calling it a fad, calling it a bubble, calling everyone involved stupid and lucky at the same time. All just for being involved in something they believed in.
And all the negativity they get has fueled, in some, a bit of an "us vs them" mentality. It's not needed - in many ways it's quite counterproductive to their goals - but it's understandable. It's where we can help, by providing a bit of levity to the cause.
There are plenty of people who support cryptocurrency, whether it be dogecoin or bitcoin or primecoin or whatever. I am one of those people. I believe this is all a fascinating experiment and that we're all in it together. I believe that is the healthiest way to view it, and that wars between the different cryptocurrencies is, to put it bluntly, juvenile. They're all the same with some different parameters, and sometimes with pictures of furry animals on them. There's no need to ever act superior for being part of a different cryptocurrency community. And no, "they did it first" is not a reason, it's just an excuse to justify bad behavior.
Maybe some members have a political or financial ideology that isn't your cup of tea. That's fine. I am personally not particularly political, and sometimes people say or believe things that I think sound a bit on the extreme side. That doesn't mean they don't have a point, that they aren't smart, that ridiculing them accomplishes anything except make us and our whole community look bad. You can have some fascinating discussions with those who have ideals different than yours. Ridiculing those different than you is beneath you. Don't fall for it.
I encourage the community to continue to be accepting. Our message shouldn't be "only people who believe in fun and giving can enjoy dogecoin, no one with different views than me is allowed!" It should be "Hey everyone, cryptocurrency is cool for many reasons. You don't have to care about all the reasons, and you can get out of it whatever you want. But here, play around with some dogecoin and see what all the fuss is about!"
This isn't about anything except being respectful. Bitcoiners as a whole have worked hard to get cryptocurrency where it is, and we benefit from that. Try to understand where they are coming from. Taking two steps backwards, their cause is the same as ours - spreading the awesomeness that is cryptocurrency - just a different spin on it. Let's be supportive.

*thumbsup*

+1

"We will create a civilization of the Mind in Cyberspace. May it be more humane and fair than the world your governments have made before." - A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace. John Perry Barlow. Davos, Switzerland. February 8, 1996
ubi4doges

Activity: 81

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:14:28 PM

Grin

Same here. that's just pure marketing genius accident. If people ever get bored of the doge, just switch it over to EGOD  Cheesy

"We will create a civilization of the Mind in Cyberspace. May it be more humane and fair than the world your governments have made before." - A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace. John Perry Barlow. Davos, Switzerland. February 8, 1996
CryptoClassroom

Activity: 16

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 08:15:30 PM

Truth is, most of the altcoins created are just clones that don't really offer anything useful. The only real alternative to Bitcoin is Litecoin.

You're just singling out Dogecoin because it became popular. And speaking of popularity...

The popularity of Dogecoin has done wonders to increase awareness of cryptocurrency. For many people, Dogecoin was the first cryptocurrency they've heard of. As we know, any money system can only be successful if people use it - and Dogecoin has definitely made Bitcoin more popular. If you want a currency like Bitcoin to become accepted globally, the general public has to be familiarized with it.

yaboymarvo

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:25:58 PM

Grin

Give Glory To God.

It is as I said it is.

Having come to a knowledge of God,

They will not Glorify God,

Therefore God is giving them over to worship a dogs coin

They are therefore under wrath, and in danger of

having their minds made into the minds of beasts or dogs,

to bark, and eat grass, and lift their leg to piss on objects,

to be naked

and they will dishonor themselves and their mothers and fathers,

and will be thrown into mental institutions and become persecuted,

until they give glory to God.

You are greater than a dog! You can overcome!

But you must GIVE GLORY TO GOD

Thus says the Lord,

'AND THEN THEY WILL KNOW THAT I AM THE LORD'

Blessed be to doge
superfastkyle

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:33:37 PM

Dogecoin is great for bitcoin.

People firstly need to realize Dogecoin is not any better in any technical way then any other coin. You may call that a shitcoin, and there are some shitcoins out there designed only to make a few rich. Dogecoin is not one of those and I will explain why...

First of all, realize that the best technology does not always win, in fact most of the time its the best marketed technology (ie VHS/Beta or Bluray/HDDVD). Also sometimes the first(and second) version of a technology is ahead of its time (ie Apple Newton/Palm Pilot, Sega Dreamcast (Online) or Web TV). Also some technologies stick around just because its good enough (fax machines. SMS text messaging, windows xp)

Though many of us believe that Bitcoin can become something your average joe can use in his everyday life, could replace paypal, even take a sizable chunk of transactions away from credit cards. But there are people who think bitcoin has nowhere to go but down from here. They are intimidated by it. It has a fairly large price. The media has mocked it and MOST people believe it fluctuates 50% or more every day. The second problem is Bitcoin is a hard sell. I've been into Bitcoin for over two years and I can't even sell it. I don't know how without telling people stuff they don't want to know, don't want to hear or simply don't understand. I can tell them about cryptology, I can tell them about the federal reserve and inflation but most people are not intelligent enough to understand. They think the fact that the middle class is getting smaller, the fact that many people with degrees and grown adults work $10-15 dollar an hour jobs is because of who we have as president or who we have in congress fucking things up, or just because the economy is bad. The United States has went from inflating real estate to inflating the stock market, so why create jobs when you can make money the easy way? While other countries are still inflating their real estate or just printing themselves out of bankruptcy

I like to think of Dogecoins as internet points you send to someone that happen to be worth something. Your grandma may use them to buy some hearts for candy crush some day. The fact that regular people can still mine it helps as well. Let's face it most of us got here by first mining not buying coins. Bitcoin also eventually won't have room in the blockchain for grandma's candy crush purchase. So we need another chain for smaller transactions, why not Dogecoin?
BachMann

Activity: 113

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:36:24 PM

Jesusfreaks on my bitcointalk?  Angry

Bitcoin Litecoin Dogecoin
The new Holy Trinity
mashac

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 08:43:00 PM

THEY ARE DOGS.

I am not a dog. I do not buy a dogs coin.

I am not a number, I am a human being.

LOL.... You are not a 'bit', but you bought bitcoin  Grin
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:37:33 PM

Spamming my topic with gay pic's does not help your cause lol

stay on 4chan reddiots..

FUD first & ask questions later™
yaboymarvo

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 09:41:03 PM

stay on 4chan reddiots..
umad? you brought this upon yourself.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:10:33 PM

stay on 4chan reddiots..
umad? you brought this upon yourself.

no u mad bro ?

and YOU guys brought this on yourself..

FUD first & ask questions later™
heskey

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 01:54:23 AM

The thing is... All coins are just games. Doge makes the game look more like a game, meanwhile other decieving people pretend that some of these coins are something 'honest' and 'serious', which they are not. Its ponzi-schemes, nothing else. Bitcoin was ingenious because it introduced a new way of transfering money - but the distribution of the money is a silly game nonetheless.

Doge is a perfect ridicule of this whole business of making 'serious' coins, and the fact that it is not pretending to be serious, actually makes it more honest and serious.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
heskey

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 01:59:22 AM

The thing is... All coins are just games. Doge makes the game look more like a game, meanwhile other decieving people pretend that some of these coins are something 'honest' and 'serious', which they are not. Its ponzi-schemes, nothing else. Bitcoin was ingenious because it introduced a new way of transfering money - but the distribution of the money is a silly game nonetheless.

Doge is a perfect ridicule of this whole business of making 'serious' coins.

So you confess that dogecoin is mocking bitcoin, and litecoin and the altcoins ?

Yes, and meanwhile these other coins are mocking the intelligence of people by promoting them as something serious.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
heskey

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 02:08:03 AM

Well, that's just how money works. At least the image of the coin isn't presented as something serious. Just visit the main website http://dogecoin.com/

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
huskyxx

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 02:15:54 AM

Interesting read
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: