Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:26:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Doge coin is bad  (Read 171439 times)
C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 11:31:55 PM

Functionally speaking, DOGE is the best coin out there. 1 minute blocktimes, no need for annoying decimal places, bountiful supply, relatively stable, accepted by more and more retailers every day...

Let's kill this stupid thread.

No way.  It's historic.  Grin

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 03:08:06 AM

Not bad - it is interesting and has potential. I think after Bitcoin establishes itself more that Doge will follow and may provide perks that other alts dont have.  The size and the mass amount of coins may turn out to be important to it in the future rather than a detriment. pure speculation.

I love Bitcoin
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 04:23:36 AM

Not bad - it is interesting and has potential. I think after Bitcoin establishes itself more that Doge will follow and may provide perks that other alts dont have.  The size and the mass amount of coins may turn out to be important to it in the future rather than a detriment. pure speculation.

One thing we cal all learn from Dogecoin is that marketing is key, even if its a crappy altcoin, as long as its got something attached to it that makes it popular, the network effect will play a big role on its success.

I dont think dogecoin will die any time soon.

I thought the fad may have died of some time back, but its been pretty stable price wise for a while now.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 04:39:05 AM

Functionally speaking, DOGE is the best coin out there. 1 minute blocktimes, no need for annoying decimal places, bountiful supply, relatively stable, accepted by more and more retailers every day...

Let's kill this stupid thread.

No way.  It's historic.  Grin

Because of when -YOU- showed here here.. get it ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 05:29:54 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2016, 09:58:00 AM by Spoetnik

Not bad - it is interesting and has potential. I think after Bitcoin establishes itself more that Doge will follow and may provide perks that other alts dont have.  The size and the mass amount of coins may turn out to be important to it in the future rather than a detriment. pure speculation.

One thing we cal all learn from Dogecoin is that marketing is key, even if its a crappy altcoin, as long as its got something attached to it that makes it popular, the network effect will play a big role on its success.

I thought the fad may have died of some time back, but its been pretty stable price wise for a while now.

Marketing ? uhhhhhh no LOL

Noobs flooded here after hearing about Bitcoin and Litecoin..
The surge of users rocketed up because of many factors such as a Wall Street Journal story about Cryptsy etc.
Crypto in general got big.. ALL of them not just Doge.

I just finished saying that Doge had an edge simply because of timing.
4chan kidiots got here and wanted to get on board and make money and buy Lambo's
So they simply latched onto what was trending.. and that was a meme.. by pure chance.
1,000's of Scrypt clone coins tried to be funny and all failed miserably.. Doge's meme was the cream of the crop.  Sad
And i think that is sad..

This place FAILS hard at trying to be funny edgy or cool.. ALWAYS.
Coin cloners are horrendous at trying to be witty, clever or funny here.

A long stream of shitty clone coins came out before and after that ..all tried to be funny and FAILED.

Since there was a crowd here now, they did not want to buy 1 Bitcoin with $1,000 dollars of Mommies money..
So they had to find some other coin to get rich off of.
The idea that they too could be Satoshi with some new altcoin was the creating a greedy frenzy.
None of these noobs flooding in here (now spouting off like seasoned veterans) wanted to
invest in another guys bags.. they chanted,
flash mine.. ninja mine.. premine.. scam etc.
for ANY coin that was started before they got here, such as with Quark or Prime Coin or Digital Coin etc
And pushed THEIR OWN SHIT COIN !
Doge coin.

Later it still had accomplished NOTHING what so ever.

The most Doge coin ever managed to pull off is running around on non-Crypto related web sites
spamming lies and irritating childish nonsense about it (turning off people about Crypto)
I seen them and kept telling them to shut the fuck up LOL
They would show up on say CNN.com for example or Pirate Bay torrent comments etc..
and leave comments saying Doge will have a higher market cap than Bitcoin soon.. BUY BUY BUY
Speaking in retard doge speak of course..  Roll Eyes

Once the noobs latched on money makers from the stock markets and internet scam scenes clued in
and seen dollars signs on the faces of these little gullible shits and soon flooded in to join the kidiots..

Pumping up Doge's price more and more.. meanwhile Doge had gone from a simple clone to
"an effort" to legitimize it any way the so called dev cloner could..
Then the so called "team / community" went on to try and tack on anything they could think of to make it appear legit.
Even though the original developer cloner claimed it was launched as s joke. (he admitted it publicly)

So at that point..
Market manipulators were here in full force toying with brats clutching their Doge Bags.
Gradually they dumped hard on them all and the little shits left.
They simply vanished !

Around the same time Scrypt Algo ASIC's took rise and this led to a raping and dumping of Doge by the rich crypto elite.
Coindesk admitted to it and some guy made the news stealing a University Super Computer to mine Doge.
Which all just killed it more and more..
Causing the kids from 4chan with 4 GPUs to dump them on eBay and cash out and run for it..
leaving the mess we see here in the Altcoin scene fro people who did not even like Doge to have to clean up.
..just as i predicted they would.. they ruined crypto .. left a mess and wandered off.

The sad sack bag holders who didn't clue in and were left holding the bag.. hanging out on this topic etc
proclaiming i was wrong even though i predicted the exact day it died ..i can go back and find the quote if needed Wink
At this point it was clearly dead.
But the hang'er on'ers "baggies" still loitered around here cocky about Doge's future.. still arguing about it being Good.
Even though it triggered a clone coin arm's race that caused us to get pounded with 7,000 coins.. that still goes on today !
Coindesk even ran a story at the same exact time titled "Coin cloning is good.. the more the better"

They are not arguing anymore.. they are gone and this topic will sink to page 100 quick enough.

So what did these last dregs of greedy gullible sad ass bag holders do ?
They had a plan get a $45,000 Nascar Paint job advertisement.. oh my is that paint job faded now  Cheesy
Oh but they did not stop there ? They had another idea ! Roll Eyes
They thought hey.. let's pay the Olympic Jamaican Bobsled Team $10,000 in Doge coins for advertising.
What happened ? The team finished last and the team forgot to mention Doge coin ROFL

The Dev Cloner left long ago.. he cited he was leaving because the so called "community" did not support Doge.

Your coin is DEAD and Doge was bad.

PS:
All of you that kept posting all over that Doge brought in new users are full of shit.
I said all along it was bringing in greedy users cancerous to Crypto and that they would fuck this shit up and run for it.

I TOLD YOU SO !

All it did was attract the worst possible users to our crypto scene.

@nzminer
-THAT- is what we "learned"
Wink

Still think i am wrong about Doge Coin ?
Then by all means mortgage your home and buy cheap coins nom nom nom

fuathan

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

Aleph.im

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 06:10:09 AM

Dogecoin has too many best expert miners in the world. It is not just a meme...
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 06:20:19 AM

Dogecoin has too many best expert miners in the world. It is not just a meme...

So you want to spout of weird ass crap that makes no sense ?

Try this on for size..

http://www.coindesk.com/dogetipbot-open-source-creator-leaves-crypto/

The creator of micropayments startup dogetipbot has announced he will open-source the payments tool, just over one year after raising $445,000 from Blackbird Ventures.

Get it ?

fuathan

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

Aleph.im

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 02:30:43 PM

So?.. This isn't a proof to discredit Dogecoin... It's a project to spread cryptocurrency concept to the world... That's all...
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 04:00:54 PM

So?.. This isn't a proof to discredit Dogecoin... It's a project to spread cryptocurrency concept to the world... That's all...

Yes actually it is plenty of PROOF to discredit Dogecoin.
It's a Dead project to spread cryptocurrency concept to the world because it failed in every way conceivable.
And NO it was never intended to be a project to spread cryptocurrency concept to the world..
it was started as bad joke said the dev.. and the only reason to start 1,0000's of joke currencies is ?
To pump and dump.. and i just said it's been pumped and dumped (you all deny that ?)

I have posted reason endlessly and you noobs think you can argue with me by chanting "NO" posts endlessly.
I know damn well your simply trying to bump away what i said.. it won't work Wink
Create more dummy accounts Shilltards..

nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 09:25:56 PM

Not bad - it is interesting and has potential. I think after Bitcoin establishes itself more that Doge will follow and may provide perks that other alts dont have.  The size and the mass amount of coins may turn out to be important to it in the future rather than a detriment. pure speculation.

Marketing ? uhhhhhh no LOL

Noobs flooded here after hearing about Bitcoin and Litecoin..
The surge of users rocketed up because of many factors such as a Wall Street Journal story about Cryptsy etc.
Crypto in general got big.. ALL of them not just Doge.

I just finished saying that Doge had an edge simply because of timing.
4chan kidiots got here and wanted to get on board and make money and buy Lambo's
So they simply latched onto what was trending.. and that was a meme.. by pure chance.
1,000's of Scrypt clone coins tried to be funny and all failed miserably.. Doge's meme was the cream of the crop.  Sad
And i think that is sad..

This place FAILS hard at trying to be funny edgy or cool.. ALWAYS.
Coin cloners are horrendous at trying to be witty, clever or funny here.

A long stream of shitty clone coins came out before and after that ..all tried to be funny and FAILED.

Since there was a crowd here now, they did not want to buy 1 Bitcoin with $1,000 dollars of Mommies money..
So they had to find some other coin to get rich off of.
The idea that they too could be Satoshi with some new altcoin was the creating a greedy frenzy.
None of these noobs flooding in here (now spouting off like seasoned veterans) wanted to
invest in another guys bags.. they chanted,
flash mine.. ninja mine.. premine.. scam etc.
for ANY coin that was started before they got here, such as with Quark or Prime Coin or Digital Coin etc
And pushed THEIR OWN SHIT COIN !
Doge coin.

Later it still had accomplished NOTHING what so ever.

The most Doge coin ever managed to pull off is running around on non-Crypto related web sites
spamming lies and irritating childish nonsense about it (turning off people about Crypto)
I seen them and kept telling them to shut the fuck up LOL
They would show up on say CNN.com for example or Pirate Bay torrent comments etc..
and leave comments saying Doge will have a higher market cap than Bitcoin soon.. BUY BUY BUY
Speaking in retard doge speak of course..  Roll Eyes

Once the noobs latched on money makers from the stock markets and internet scam scenes clued in
and seen dollars signs on the faces of these little gullible shits and soon flooded in to join the kidiots..

Pumping up Doge's price more and more.. meanwhile Doge had gone from a simple clone to
"an effort" to legitimize it any way the so called dev cloner could..
Then the so called "team / community" went on to try and tack on anything they could think of to make it appear legit.
Even though the original developer cloner claimed it was launched as s joke. (he admitted it publicly)

So at that point..
Market manipulators were here in full force toying with brats clutching their Doge Bags.
Gradually they dumped hard on them all and the little shits left.
They simply vanished !

Around the same time Scrypt Algo ASIC's took rise and this led to a raping and dumping of Doge by the rich crypto elite.
Coindesk admitted to it and some guy made the news stealing a University Super Computer to mine Doge.
Which all just killed it more and more..
Causing the kids from 4chan with 4 GPUs to dump them on eBay and cash out and run for it..
leaving the mess we see here in the Altcoin scene fro people who did not even like Doge to have to clean up.
..just as i predicted they would.. they ruined crypto .. left a mess and wandered off.

The sad sack bag holders who didn't clue in and were left holding the bag.. hanging out on this topic etc
proclaiming i was wrong even though i predicted the exact day it died ..i can go back and find the quote if needed Wink
At this point it was clearly dead.
But the hang'er on'ers "baggies" still loitered around here cocky about Doge's future.. still arguing about it being Good.
Even though it triggered a clone coin arm's race that caused us to get pounded with 7,000 coins.. that still goes on today !
Coindesk even ran a story at the same exact time titled "Coin cloning is good.. the more the better"

They are not arguing anymore.. they are gone and this topic will sink to page 100 quick enough.

So what did these last dregs of greedy gullible sad ass bag holders do ?
They had a plan get a $45,000 Nascar Paint job advertisement.. oh my is that paint job faded now  Cheesy
Oh but they did not stop there ? They had another idea ! Roll Eyes
They thought hey.. let's pay the Olympic Jamaican Bobsled Team $10,000 in Doge coins for advertising.
What happened ? The team finished last and the team forgot to mention Doge coin ROFL

The Dev Cloner left long ago.. he cited he was leaving because the so called "community" did not support Doge.

Your coin is DEAD and Doge was bad.

PS:
All of you that kept posting all over that Doge brought in new users are full of shit.
I said all along it was bringing in greedy users cancerous to Crypto and that they would fuck this shit up and run for it.

I TOLD YOU SO !

All it did was attract the worst possible users to our crypto scene.

@nzminer
-THAT- is what we "learned"
Wink

Still think i am wrong about Doge Coin ?
Then by all means mortgage your home and buy cheap coins nom nom nom

Well thats the thing, DOGE is still in the top 10, 24 months later and despite all the countless shitcoins that made a brief appearance, DOGE still survives.

I think its too late to stop it, maybe it is a shitcoin, but its got the userbase now and will always be popular, there are quite a few places to spend DOGE too.

In saying that, i feel that there are far better coins out there that should be in its place, but are not.

I dumped all my DOGE ages ago, but since DOGE has recieved so much attention, its got serious devs working on it now.

I dont dee it going away any time soon.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
elite3000
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 01:20:25 PM

What happened with Dogechain.info?

Can't access the site or the wallet.

What other block explorer can I use?
TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 07:56:54 PM

Doge the original pnd lol

Useless turd it is now.  Hilarious it's #1 in volume now on trex LOL.
C10H15N

Activity: 811

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 08:42:24 PM

Oddly enough, Doge is functioning like a  *gasp* currency (a characteristic that is foreign to most here).    Grin

As stated by one of our devs:

A lot of it depends on what you're trying to achieve. As a genuinely currency-like thing based on a blockchain platform, we're a huge success, we have by far the closest currency-like behavior of anything in the asset class. If you're hoping to get rich by holding Dogecoins, then probably not going so well for you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/400fjo/is_dogecoin_dead/

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
tolikkk

Activity: 952

www.pumpmycoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 04:09:57 PM

not to understand that there is no dogecoin in the future and that the need for development disappeared, and that created the climate community to dry up or to lose? not to think that the condition, although of course, we will assume that only rise in price, i.e. pamp although I think that conditions don't have to play a full game, although the Corporation could give the signal or to shift attention to something else, the need for these coins is still there
bhokor
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 04:18:58 PM

Well i think the only actual problem of dogecoin is the inflationary pressure of so high  rewards, if it is fixed i think the dogecoin will have a long long life, community is strong and ecosystem is growing
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 04:55:06 PM

Well i think the only actual problem of dogecoin is the inflationary pressure of so high  rewards, if it is fixed i think the dogecoin will have a long long life, community is strong and ecosystem is growing

"The Only Problem" ?  Roll Eyes

fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 03:12:11 AM

Fear not, dogecoin is alive and well.  there is low % inflation compared to bitcoin.  Price is already up 30% Smiley Smiley Smiley
SgtMoth

Activity: 910

buy silver!

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 07:13:20 PM

Fear not, dogecoin is alive and well.  there is low % inflation compared to bitcoin.  Price is already up 30% Smiley Smiley Smiley

dogecoin has 102 636 151 939coins compared to the 15 million bitcoins....tell us more about your shitcoin
bitcoinear

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 07:27:51 PM

Dogecoin is a fun coin. It has its place in the crypto currency universe but it is not a serious competitor to Bitcoin or other serious coin projects.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 01:40:41 AM

Dogecoin is a fun coin. It has its place in the crypto currency universe but it is not a serious competitor to Bitcoin or other serious coin projects.

What is so fun about it ?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: