R9 270 4~6 - 47 (2.8%)
R9 270 6+ - 93 (5.6%)
R9 280X 1~3 - 254 (15.3%)
R9 280X 4~6 - 255 (15.4%)
R9 280X 6+ - 268 (16.2%)
R9 290 1~3 - 150 (9.1%)
R9 290 3~6 - 91 (5.5%)
R9 290 6+ - 298 (18%)
OTHER (please specify in the thread) - 75 (4.5%)
NONE (Mining only) - 35 (2.1%)
Total Voters: 1656

Pages: « 1 ... 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 [424] 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GPUC] GPU Coin | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 421195 times)
GaryL

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:45:02 PM

Everyday i read this topic, just want know how low it can be,haha.
Land Marks

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:49:19 PM

So - guess the DEV is dead - but we could revive this coin by privately selling hardware with GPUC - i got (all used) 3 290 reference design, 6 270x (3 his iceQ, 3 sapphire dual-x) and 3 750ti (with 1 6 pin) in Germany (so EU buyers only)- if anyone is interested - pm me.

Working with the current Poloniex rate vs btc into usd - we could just all use straight btc though but hey, that would be boring xD

I have my toxic still on sale at ebay.

(and I really hope it is not used as the box was not sealed and clearly had been opened.)

If it does not sell I can 'maybe' sell it for GPUCoin, depending on how serious the community is to fix this coin.

Land Marks

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:51:17 PM

Jaymes:

If GPUCoin was not an intentional scam but rather became overwhelming to you:

The only way to effectively overcome fear is to approach rather than avoid. 

It gets easier when you begin approaching things, although it can be uncomfortable at first.
pastet89

Activity: 378
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 07:18:26 PM

Results from the signature contest:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=550206.msg6479437#msg6479437
(I am the winner of the first prize  Cheesy Cheesy )

Let's hope Jaymes will honour these!!!

Cryptostats.es
nanoprobe
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 07:29:16 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2014, 08:19:16 PM by nanoprobe

There are others delivering right now, but when KNC hits--if they deliver like before--it's going to be game over for the majority of home miners.

I don't think so for a variety of reasons the biggest being there will other coins that asics will not be able to mine. X11 and hefty just to name 2.

Can it be mined on a computer or GPU? Then ASIC can mine it, it just has to be designed.

Like I said, there's 2 companies working on multi-algo ASIC right now, implementing all currently-used mining algos.

And my game-over comment was for LTC miners, as I predict most of the heavy machines will go to that.
Doesn't matter if there are multi-algo asics. There will be coins that they can't mine and trying to develop a new asic every time a new algo comes out would be an exercise in futility not to mention very expensive.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.
Never look back, something might be gaining on you.
GPU Coin (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 08:25:18 PM

GPU Coin LLC now has no money and owes the bank $1500(should have never signed up for the business credit card).  I originally bought the R9 280X cards for $472 each from a distributor since they were the only people who had any stock of any graphics cards, most likely due to their over inflated prices.  The 270 and 240 were also bought at slightly above market value at the time.  Shipping charges (including materials) averaged $27 for each item sent due to many international orders.  I was selling at a loss thinking that the pre-mined GPUC and the inherent quality that most crypto coins are deflationary would make losses much smaller or negate them entirely.  Then all the gpu prices across the web came crashing down and BTC dropped down real low effectively snubbing the market.  The 8 way splitter I hired a company through e-lance to create cost me $4500 and it still has another 2 months of development before the milestone for delivery is completed.  There were also various lawyer fees and legal documents I had to pay for just to set up the business end.  The grand sum of the endeavour that I now have the 2 R9 270s and 20 R7 240 cards that I saved for the signature contest which I still need to front money to ship and now hundreds of millions of GPUC that there is no way of cashing to buy more stock.  My private mining rigs have been churning away at other coins and dumping BTC to the Mintpal vote in hopes that this business venture could be saved, but with a lack of funds and essentially no stock, there seems like nothing I can think of to bolster this coin.

If there is anyone in the community that can think of anything that may help this coin, please come forth and share.  I currently work two full time jobs to cover my sisters rent and my own so she doesn't have to worry about any more shootings, so my free time is limited, but PM me and I'll try my best to fix this situation.

micryon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 08:39:53 PM

But will do Scrypt-N very slowly and cost a fortune most likely.  Stats??

You know at this point it would be quite easy for us to fork the coin again to make N > 16k and on a faster schedule... which would make it impossible even for Flowertech pie in the sky spec at the getgo...

Although as mentioned on other forums.. even if they can claim to mine it, you don't know what the perf/profitability would be .. might be 10x more inefficient.. most likely you can't count on linear scaling, since these ASICs are likely designed for scrypt 1024 efficiency.  I'd be surprised if perf would scale linearly when n= 16384...

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
jollyriffic

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:09:59 PM

GPU Coin LLC now has no money and owes the bank $1500(should have never signed up for the business credit card).  I originally bought the R9 280X cards for $472 each from a distributor since they were the only people who had any stock of any graphics cards, most likely due to their over inflated prices.  The 270 and 240 were also bought at slightly above market value at the time.  Shipping charges (including materials) averaged $27 for each item sent due to many international orders.  I was selling at a loss thinking that the pre-mined GPUC and the inherent quality that most crypto coins are deflationary would make losses much smaller or negate them entirely.  Then all the gpu prices across the web came crashing down and BTC dropped down real low effectively snubbing the market.  The 8 way splitter I hired a company through e-lance to create cost me $4500 and it still has another 2 months of development before the milestone for delivery is completed.  There were also various lawyer fees and legal documents I had to pay for just to set up the business end.  The grand sum of the endeavour that I now have the 2 R9 270s and 20 R7 240 cards that I saved for the signature contest which I still need to front money to ship and now hundreds of millions of GPUC that there is no way of cashing to buy more stock.  My private mining rigs have been churning away at other coins and dumping BTC to the Mintpal vote in hopes that this business venture could be saved, but with a lack of funds and essentially no stock, there seems like nothing I can think of to bolster this coin.

If there is anyone in the community that can think of anything that may help this coin, please come forth and share.  I currently work two full time jobs to cover my sisters rent and my own so she doesn't have to worry about any more shootings, so my free time is limited, but PM me and I'll try my best to fix this situation.

only one person won a 270 though..
i'll gladly swap the 240 that i won for the 270 and help pay shipping Cheesy

UVC: Uc4hCM76fL8iQWgDJE34QA6hrnp2rGTq43    
EMC2: EKwkYKT6LE79ywhKhQtgqkbzcDhzRoB5kP   LTC: LZ7ffsTS93pR5cSZ9KMQMVunkEHRtPrZn9   
GimmeMyCoins

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 01:24:47 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 01:37:42 AM by GimmeMyCoins

Wow. You don't have the free time to follow though on the thousands of dollars of investment money supplied by people in this community? Wow, just wow. You want us to believe that you are NOW part of the conversation (if you have free time). I hope you have the free time to find some integrity... if not hand the coin operations over to someone else.

I learned a long time ago there are no excuses. Whose coin is this?...Yours. Do you have a responsibility?...Yes...Did you screw up?...yes... Do you have free time?...Maybe? Screw you and your bull$hit. Stop being a b!tch and MAN UP and do $hit. Not "if I have free time I will maybe look at doing something you suggest later if my personal situation..."

I do want one of those splitters Smiley  (if you have the free time to follow through)

reesev

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 01:38:28 AM

would you be willing to sell the rights to this coin , the website and any thing associated with the coin and all the gpu coin in your possession for $1k USD?

I think we could find enough active people here to turn this coin around.

not interested in the LLC
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 02:14:21 AM

Jaymes, if you don't have time or enthusiasm to promote and take care of the coin,
why not hand it over to Hendr1x and Micryon?  Maybe they can salvage it.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money
for a New World
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Join the conversation!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TWITTER

Land Marks

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:20:28 AM

Work your way up.  Sell the coins you do have and support the marketplace as well as continue development.  Take a loss and begin hustling cards on your storefront.  I will sell you back the toxic for 300$ in GPUCoins (plus shipping) to start you off.  If not give up find someone who will do atleast one of these things and pass the company on.
Land Marks

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:22:52 AM

(I am the winner of the first prize  Cheesy Cheesy )

Um, you cannot be entered in a contest you are moderating...  If you wanted to be a contestant you needed to find someone else to handle it.  You need to pick another person or else the contest would be very unfair.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:49:52 AM

Haha, yeah that bites.

JohnnyCrypto

Activity: 45

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:37:10 AM

I think there is way too many coins, this is the main problem!

So a good way to fix this would be to make a GPUC 2.0, with a lot less coins, while also making sure all current mined/bought coins remain valid.

So in GPUC 2.0 you would have to lower the block reward to say something like 100-500 coins. I think Scrypt-N algo is too hard for new people to use, and the future is all about energy efficiency, so maybe switch the algo to something easier to mine like Keccak or X11 etc.

Another thing that can boost adoption/price would be implementing POS into GPUC. Maybe do something like Blackcoin and switch to POS only after a certain future block, but not too far in the future (maybe a month or so). People would be mining/buying these things like crazy, imo. Then you would have a coin that is energy efficient and easy to mine, plus gives people another incentive to buy/mine (not just for buying GPUs). Imagine people would be able to buy GPUs with their POS mined coins (basically free).. now if that's not incentive enough, i don't know what is. Smiley

Good Luck! 
d4wn0ff473

Activity: 146

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:39:27 AM

I think there is way too many coins, this is the main problem!

So a good way to fix this would be to make a GPUC 2.0, with a lot less coins, while also making sure all current mined/bought coins remain valid.

So in GPUC 2.0 you would have to lower the block reward to say something like 100-500 coins. I think Scrypt-N algo is too hard for new people to use, and the future is all about energy efficiency, so maybe switch the algo to something easier to mine like Keccak or X11 etc.

Another thing that can boost adoption/price would be implementing POS into GPUC. Maybe do something like Blackcoin and switch to POS only after a certain future block, but not too far in the future (maybe a month or so). People would be mining/buying these things like crazy, imo. Then you would have a coin that is energy efficient and easy to mine, plus gives people another incentive to buy/mine (not just for buying GPUs). Imagine people would be able to buy GPUs with their POS mined coins (basically free).. now if that's not incentive enough, i don't know what is. Smiley

Good Luck!  

Good plan... make whales of everyone who has coins; Then let the new people scrounge through the aftermath and sell walls. And what exactly is difficult about scrypt-n for new people? that extra number you have to stipulate? They are all equally easy to mine you just don't like the khash number that you are getting. There is nothing more or less complex about mining for the miner between scrypt-n, keccak, or x11. You test settings, make a launch script, and double click it. Don't fool yourself into thinking that you are actually controlling the complexity of anything.
pastet89

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 04:49:31 AM

(I am the winner of the first prize  Cheesy Cheesy )

Um, you cannot be entered in a contest you are moderating...  If you wanted to be a contestant you needed to find someone else to handle it.  You need to pick another person or else the contest would be very unfair.
It doesn't state in the rules that I can not. If you see it stated somwhere written apart from your own mind suggestion, please link to it.

Cryptostats.es
pastet89

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 04:54:58 AM

Maybe it's best idea someone willing to make business and being serous to buy all the coins from Jaymes on a low price and start all clear with new OP etc...
However IMO reputation of this coin is ruined and why would one start reviving it instead of making it's own coin?
The only good thing would be to take the huge amount of coins from Jaymes and hope for a price rise which to provide him again money to start the business. However I do not see the price rising easy whenever.
Maybe last hope is when ASICs come and people turn to scrypt-n.

Cryptostats.es
k!lowatts

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:57:18 AM

too much sells at 1 satoshi. unless some one bail it out.

e5iS8ibLHqEX3HagxcS3DrZxyvkhUoUcfN - Energycoin
DJgywHCTvQ4Auo3MJrP3pYdCbzftU4T3kk - Mastiffcoin
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:57:41 AM

(I am the winner of the first prize  Cheesy Cheesy )

Um, you cannot be entered in a contest you are moderating...  If you wanted to be a contestant you needed to find someone else to handle it.  You need to pick another person or else the contest would be very unfair.
It doesn't state in the rules that I can not. If you see it stated somwhere written apart from your own mind suggestion, please link to it.

You should know better to enter yourself as a participant in a contest that you are running.

Just give it to the next in line.  The whole contest was a sham anyways because the owner disappeared and gave absolutely no indication they were coming back.  I changed my sig a few days ago after waiting for a very long time to see if the owner would come back.

You should hold the contest over.  If I knew the coin was still alive I would have kept my sig.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
Pages: « 1 ... 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 [424] 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 »
  Print  

Jump to: