Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:53:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NLG] The even greater Gulden thread!  (Read 47043 times)
Protwoco

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2021, 11:41:17 AM

Although I finish selling the last of my Gulden this weekend I don't think it's a good idea for Gulden to change the rewards and let it run. EFL can still be the Dutch coin for scarcity and the foundation is in touch with a developer that is going to help EFL.
Gulden community has Novo as the scarcity coin, maybe time to let Gulden die and let Rijk focus on Novo?

The community is discussing the reward changes but it looks to me a tactic not get the rewards changed. When the dev rewards was raised twice the board decided quickly to up it with no consultation with the community. The community discussion will lead to different figures with the end result that no majority can be determined and the rewards will be left as is. I could be wrong but this is the sense I get, give the impression you want change but in the back rooms of the board and devs no change will be made because the community could not decide on one option.
RijkRunsTheBoard

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 06, 2021, 12:04:51 PM

Although I finish selling the last of my Gulden this weekend I don't think it's a good idea for Gulden to change the rewards and let it run. EFL can still be the Dutch coin for scarcity and the foundation is in touch with a developer that is going to help EFL.
Gulden community has Novo as the scarcity coin, maybe time to let Gulden die and let Rijk focus on Novo?

The community is discussing the reward changes but it looks to me a tactic not get the rewards changed. When the dev rewards was raised twice the board decided quickly to up it with no consultation with the community. The community discussion will lead to different figures with the end result that no majority can be determined and the rewards will be left as is. I could be wrong but this is the sense I get, give the impression you want change but in the back rooms of the board and devs no change will be made because the community could not decide on one option.

Read my name, zero chance of any changes if it affects the development funding, any community unison on a change will be met with 100s of rhetorical questions from Rijk asking how , why etc etc. This is all a smokescreen.
Tsegicalicol

Activity: 65
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 06, 2021, 09:44:00 PM

Read my name, zero chance of any changes if it affects the development funding, any community unison on a change will be met with 100s of rhetorical questions from Rijk asking how , why etc etc. This is all a smokescreen.

sry for you trolls but the change is coming, the market is already showing signs of it.
Goodmoves

Activity: 18

View Profile
April 07, 2021, 05:25:06 AM

I have always liked the look of this coin but too many was minted with no reward reduction. When is the change taking place?
Albert4Gulden

Activity: 54

View Profile
April 07, 2021, 09:53:07 AM

Yes, a change is coming. A much needed change because Guldens great development is overshadowed by the future supply concerns.
BarryDnH

Activity: 43

View Profile
April 08, 2021, 11:24:23 AM

Yes, a change is coming. A much needed change because Guldens great development is overshadowed by the future supply concerns.

Gulden is trying to achieve the Dutch bitcoin crypto not the Weimar Germany crypto. The current setup is nothing like a Dutch bitcoin where you expect the value of your coins to give you more purchasing power not less. With the Euro we slowly pay more Euro for the same product as time passes. Most people want the opposite effect for Gulden where you pay less Gulden for the same product as time passes.
RijkRunsTheBoard

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 08, 2021, 12:43:05 PM

Gulden is trying to achieve the Dutch bitcoin crypto not the Weimar Germany crypto. The current setup is nothing like a Dutch bitcoin where you expect the value of your coins to give you more purchasing power not less. With the Euro we slowly pay more Euro for the same product as time passes. Most people want the opposite effect for Gulden where you pay less Gulden for the same product as time passes.

Rijk will never allow any change to his personal dev fund. The fear stories will come, more rhetorical questions and the community will become silent. This will be the awakening moment for Gulden and the longconRijkcoin.
KrustyTheClown

Activity: 120

View Profile
April 08, 2021, 02:20:53 PM

Rijk will never allow any change to his personal dev fund. The fear stories will come, more rhetorical questions and the community will become silent. This will be the awakening moment for Gulden and the longconRijkcoin.

I spoke to Rijk today about the changes, this how the conversation went. Reward change is for realz approved.

KrustyTheClown
Hi Rijk, the greatest clown to ever live is opening a terminal to your mind.

Rijk
What is a terminal to your mind?

KrustyTheClown
A lot of talk is taking place about the rewards, I want throw you ideas until 1 sticks!

Rijk
Why do you want a reward change?

KrustyTheClown
Ready?
Max supply 800 million
Rewards
Miner 30
Witness 30
Dev Reward 79

Rijk
Why these changes?

KrustyTheClown
Lets see

Max supply 790 million
Rewards
Miner 30
Witness 35
Dev Reward 75

Rijk
Why these changes?

KrustyTheClown
I don't know?

Max supply 800 million
Rewards
Miner 10
Witness 30
Dev Reward 50

Rijk
Why these changes?

KrustyTheClown
This?

Max supply 850 million
Rewards
Miner 0.1
Witness 0.1
Dev Reward 80

Rijk
Please submit this to the board for community approval.

JuliusDoximus

Activity: 59

View Profile
April 08, 2021, 04:46:51 PM

Well, believe it or not but in the slack, the GAB launched a plan to change the total supply to 750m and to put in a halving mechanism that halves all rewards (incl dev reward) every 4 year.
They planned it so that the halvings are timed a few months after the Bitcoin halving, so they fall right into the bull market. Since they think halvings within the bull market gathers more attention than halvings in a bear market.
Together with the hard fork needed to put the above changes in place, they want to lower the dev reward to 70 and the mining reward to 20.

The whole plan is not a fixed decision yet, but the majority of the GAB is in favor of making changes to the total supply and to integrating a halving mechanism. They have put out this plan so the community can discuss about it.

-edit- link to the pdf with schematics on Guldenbites https://guldenbites.com/2021/04/08/proposal-total-supply-rewards-reduction/
Sinotek

Activity: 61

View Profile
April 08, 2021, 06:04:45 PM

For those who don't spot the link to the GAB's pdf proposal here it is:
https://guldenbites.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/rewards_adjustment_plan.pdf
MyGuldenReset

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 08, 2021, 07:37:02 PM

Haters gonna hate and you are wrong.
JwJimJim

Activity: 146
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 09, 2021, 10:54:02 AM

Well, believe it or not but in the slack, the GAB launched a plan to change the total supply to 750m and to put in a halving mechanism that halves all rewards (incl dev reward) every 4 year.
They planned it so that the halvings are timed a few months after the Bitcoin halving, so they fall right into the bull market. Since they think halvings within the bull market gathers more attention than halvings in a bear market.
Together with the hard fork needed to put the above changes in place, they want to lower the dev reward to 70 and the mining reward to 20.

The whole plan is not a fixed decision yet, but the majority of the GAB is in favor of making changes to the total supply and to integrating a halving mechanism. They have put out this plan so the community can discuss about it.

-edit- link to the pdf with schematics on Guldenbites https://guldenbites.com/2021/04/08/proposal-total-supply-rewards-reduction/

These changes will bring Gulden close to syscoins circulation and max supply. Syscoin trades at 2800% the value of Gulden.

Max supply

Syscoin                                                                             Gulden with change                                                                                                               Gulden without change
888 000 000                                                                      750 000 000                                                                                                                         1 680 000 000

Supply in circulation

Syscoin                                                                             Gulden
610 000 000                                                                     540  000 000

Percentage supply in circulation

Syscoin                                                                            Gulden with change                                                                                                                    Gulden without change
69%                                                                                72%                                                                                                                                           32%  

Reward cycle

Syscoin                                                                           Gulden with change                                                                                                                     Gulden without change
5% reduced annually                                                        160 to 120 drop in 2 months and 50% reduced every 4 years                                                         Permanent 160 reward

Bolded parts equal problems

TheCanadianBach

Activity: 54
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 09, 2021, 04:53:05 PM

These changes will bring Gulden close to syscoins circulation and max supply. Syscoin trades at 2800% the value of Gulden.

Max supply

Syscoin                                                                             Gulden with change                                                                                                               Gulden without change
888 000 000                                                                      750 000 000                                                                                                                         1 680 000 000

Supply in circulation

Syscoin                                                                             Gulden
610 000 000                                                                     540  000 000

Syscoin                                                                            Gulden with change                                                                                                                    Gulden without change
69%                                                                                72%                                                                                                                                           32%  

Reward cycle

Syscoin                                                                           Gulden with change                                                                                                                     Gulden without change
5% reduced annually                                                        160 to 120 drop in 2 months and 50% reduced every 4 years                                                         Permanent 160 reward

FML Gulden is a Rollercoaster, faith restored. Will pick up some coins for the long term. The format of this post does not come out well on mobile, but the content is good.

Syscoin is a great coin, will see how they match up in the next few years once word has gotten around about these changes for Gulden.
JuliusDoximus

View Profile
April 09, 2021, 07:31:01 PM

Max supply

Supply in circulation

Reward cycle

Is it possible to put this into a pdf or jpg or something. Its fooked on mobile.
Urbanite

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 01:13:39 PM

After Nocks lost my coins I never looked at Gulden since, qbut maybe I can try make up for my losses by buying and holding for 2 reward halvings, I will be 33 in 8 years so not too bad.

Has the changes been approved?
JuliusDoximus

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 04:28:57 PM

After Nocks lost my coins I never looked at Gulden since, qbut maybe I can try make up for my losses by buying and holding for 2 reward halvings, I will be 33 in 8 years so not too bad.

Has the changes been approved?

No. The discussion is ongoing. But a majority in the GAB is pro-change. The discussion in the community is mainly about details of when halvings, what block rewards etc.
BramVee

Activity: 58

View Profile
April 11, 2021, 02:16:55 PM

Can rich traders sell coins to push the price to 1c before the rewards and max supply change. I want to buy Gulden at fair value, I never would sell if i knew this change was coming.
JuliusDoximus

View Profile
April 12, 2021, 04:00:55 PM

i just read back the discussion on their slack, but it seems to me that you were rightfully banned. It was rather homophobic banter you said right there. And you admitted you stole somebodies identity. Which kinda is a felony.

Nobody got banned there in ages, everybody can ask every question they want. You cannot say homophobic things though. It is 2021, calling people out on their sexual preference is not done anymore.
JuliusDoximus

View Profile
April 12, 2021, 04:11:20 PM

"im getting banned for asking questions about funding"

Nick is such a faggy little fop though [...] Again, Nick, please get a boyfriend already so you can finally fulfill your fantasy of being fisted up to the elbow. Make sure you get plenty of lube.
JuliusDoximus

View Profile
April 12, 2021, 04:52:44 PM

weird way of expressing how Rijk talks to the community
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: