Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:28:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297646 times)
joshycoin

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 02:11:15 PM

Back down to 11 on Mintpal.

I think we are going to have to accept that whilst support here for Octo is strong and that we all get what a game changer it could be, that for whatever reason, this is not the case for the wider alt-coin community. 

This can and will change but we'll have a hard time increasing our voting power enough in 7 weeks by convincing the fickle majority of something which they still don't get after 4 months.  They have no stake in Octo so there is no incentive for them to vote for us over the latest P&D.  That said, it's probably a good thing because if those are the people we attract at this stage then the P&D mentality will come with them. 

I don't think it's a lost cause though, when elements of Octohub come online the interest and volume will come no matter what exchange we're listed on and others, Mintpal included, will pick us up.  In the meantime, back to accumulation mode, next target 1.5 million.
You may be right but I think (now more than ever) we still have a chance at making a good show to the top before the deadline. No bots and no paid votes gives us a nice leg up. I am only giving you a rebuttal so we keep our heads up and keep voting. It doesn't take much for some folks to get discouraged  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SquidsIn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 02:30:48 PM

Back down to 11 on Mintpal.

I think we are going to have to accept that whilst support here for Octo is strong and that we all get what a game changer it could be, that for whatever reason, this is not the case for the wider alt-coin community. 

This can and will change but we'll have a hard time increasing our voting power enough in 7 weeks by convincing the fickle majority of something which they still don't get after 4 months.  They have no stake in Octo so there is no incentive for them to vote for us over the latest P&D.  That said, it's probably a good thing because if those are the people we attract at this stage then the P&D mentality will come with them. 

I don't think it's a lost cause though, when elements of Octohub come online the interest and volume will come no matter what exchange we're listed on and others, Mintpal included, will pick us up.  In the meantime, back to accumulation mode, next target 1.5 million.
You may be right but I think (now more than ever) we still have a chance at making a good show to the top before the deadline. No bots and no paid votes gives us a nice leg up. I am only giving you a rebuttal so we keep our heads up and keep voting. It doesn't take much for some folks to get discouraged  Wink

That's a good point, we should definitely still aim for as high as we can get.  For all we know Mintpal may decide to take the top 5 in the last round.  Personally I'm more frustrated that Mintpal don't see the opportunity in front of them and just add Octo already!

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
SquidsIn

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 02:38:29 PM

Octo doesn't have a strict POS element but the devs are working on a 'Bank' to store your coins which may pay interest.

The Devs probably won't answer you as they only really post when there's a development (which we're expecting in the coming weeks) but to get an idea of what's happening I'd recommend finding the Dev on the forum and reviewing his post history.

And while you're looking into stuff check out www.octohub.org for some sneaky tasters.

Side note 1: Anyone else mining/trading URO?

Heard of URO but haven't mined/traded any, should I be doing?

Side note 2: Anyone interested in a very limited edition custom etched pint glass? Featuring the 888 octopus of course...

Possibly, tell us more...

We bought some (40@0.05btc) a few days ago, went to bed it was 3x in the morning, went to bed again it was 4x in the morning. Sitting on about 1 btc now... A couple of companies have agreed to accept it for urea (fertiliser) at a 1:1 ton ration (minimum order 12,500 tons), reportedly the first order went through this morning. The btctalk thread is suffering from some hardcore FUDing but thoreticall the coins are worth about 0.4btc each.

Re Glasses. We're thinking limited run. say 18. 4 for the council, 4 for the Devs and 10 up for grabs. Maybe straight up sell 5 and auction the other 5? Trades in 888. Each would be unique, inspired by/based on the coin octopus. We've got a artist on board and each would be signed and numbered. When the first one is made we'll share pictures.

Still interested in a glass, at the right price.  Any idea how much 888 for one?

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
frameLAlife

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 05:41:05 PM

An exchange typically doesn't care about the long term value of any coin. They make money off of fees. If the crypto community continues to support P & D coins, then exchanges will continue to add them because that's how they make money.

That's the downfall of a free market sometimes. But, I think in the long run, when Octo starts their marketing campaign and some of the applications are released you'll see more interest. Depending on how well the apps work and are marketed, if you see the demand from customers then you will def see a rise in the value of the coin.

To me it's exciting that the price has stayed this low this long. I mean I was disappointed at the low amount of Octo I got when the price was sitting at a penny. Now i'm back to almost double what I bought last time.

Eventually this coin will rise. It's only a matter of time. For now I'm going to enjoy buying as much as possible since I stopped mining. When it does hit I want to be holding as much as I can afford to.

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 06:16:51 PM

I love the OctoCoin community and the whole coin in general and have been trying to promote it to anyone I talk too  Smiley I am a firm believer in OCTOcoin as a longterm investment which in the cryptoworld is usually unheard of cause of all the shit pump and dump coins! But I can't wait till the real traders realize that this coin is solid and legit and that it's one of the very few ALTcoins that will actually stick around and be here long term.  I do however feel that come September if not earlier that more marketing and promoting of this coin needs to be released to expand the community even larger.  I'm not complaining right now cause of the price of the coin and knowing that it is ridiculously undervalued and is gonna easily be worth at least 25k sat one day!  Anyways happy trading today everyone and remember to get those votes out to Mintpal and spread the good news of the OctoCoin Smiley Thanks for listening!

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

BeardedCouncil

Activity: 67

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 07:07:40 PM

Octo doesn't have a strict POS element but the devs are working on a 'Bank' to store your coins which may pay interest.

The Devs probably won't answer you as they only really post when there's a development (which we're expecting in the coming weeks) but to get an idea of what's happening I'd recommend finding the Dev on the forum and reviewing his post history.

And while you're looking into stuff check out www.octohub.org for some sneaky tasters.

Side note 2: Anyone interested in a very limited edition custom etched pint glass? Featuring the 888 octopus of course...

We bought some (40@0.05btc) a few days ago, went to bed it was 3x in the morning, went to bed again it was 4x in the morning. Sitting on about 1 btc now... A couple of companies have agreed to accept it for urea (fertiliser) at a 1:1 ton ration (minimum order 12,500 tons), reportedly the first order went through this morning. The btctalk thread is suffering from some hardcore FUDing but thoreticall the coins are worth about 0.4btc each.

Re Glasses. We're thinking limited run. say 18. 4 for the council, 4 for the Devs and 10 up for grabs. Maybe straight up sell 5 and auction the other 5? Trades in 888. Each would be unique, inspired by/based on the coin octopus. We've got a artist on board and each would be signed and numbered. When the first one is made we'll share pictures.

Still interested in a glass, at the right price.  Any idea how much 888 for one?

It's not finalised at the moment, but we're thinking 15,000 888 to Buy 1 of 5 or put in a bid for 1 of the 5 auctioned. 5 highest bids win. This way people that really want them can still get hold of them hopefully. If 888 hits 10k satoshis next week it would obviously be less. Also if anyone had a particular type of glass in mind  we could look into it. And like I said when we've got something to show we'll put up pics.  Smiley
swainzag

Activity: 209

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 07:19:53 PM

It's not finalised at the moment, but we're thinking 15,000 888 to Buy 1 of 5 or put in a bid for 1 of the 5 auctioned. 5 highest bids win. This way people that really want them can still get hold of them hopefully. If 888 hits 10k satoshis next week it would obviously be less. Also if anyone had a particular type of glass in mind  we could look into it. And like I said when we've got something to show we'll put up pics.  Smiley

I might be doing the math wrong but isn't 15K 888 at 850 satoshi apiece .1275 BTC.  With BTC at ~$625, that makes it a roughly $80 glass, that can't be right can it? 

murrayCOIN - The Only Currency Worthy of the Name
wartywarlock

Activity: 208

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:03:16 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2014, 08:46:34 PM by wartywarlock

Member of the council checking in, Hi Everyone!

Some things are still being finalized, but here are some more details that are releasable already.

• We have an artist commissioned for some works, I don't have his permission to name here, yet, but he's fantastic. He will be etching the limited glasses.
  • Yes the hand etched glasses will cost extra, but the price will be justified!
  • We are looking at machining some awesome range of products to celebrate Octo. Not much to give away but think glasses, personalized octo drinking gear etc
  • Shipping is likely to be a part of the cost.
  • Not everything will be expensive, but it will all be limited!
BeardedCouncil

Activity: 67

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:17:51 PM

I might be doing the math wrong but isn't 15K 888 at 850 satoshi apiece .1275 BTC.  With BTC at ~$625, that makes it a roughly $80 glass, that can't be right can it? 

It is, but consider what Warty said (although by making he means etching, not blowing just to clarify) and that you could bid 10k, 5k or 1k if you prefer. There will be only 10 up for grabs, or maybe 8... because it's a nice round number.
bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 12:01:17 AM

Just wanted to let everybody know that FusionHash is hard at work on the new 888 GPU Multipool and Scrypt Murraycoin pool. I have been checking in with them every couple days and I'm currently testing things as we speak.

In other news, I just received my 888-purchased jerky from Jay:

I know what I'm having for dinner tonight!

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
djslick
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 03:47:21 AM

1) Bholzer, PM me if fusionhash needs more testers. I helped GNU_User test the first blackcoin multipool from the beginning.

2) I definitely want one of these pimp chalices. i'd put some 888 down right now if i wasn't sure i'd be overpaying, what costs 15k octo today costs 1.5k tomorrow Wink

*** STUMP THE TRUMP *** SPURN THE BERN *** VOTE BILLARY! ***
-= www.Billary.rocks | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1439754 =-
deepcoreotc

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:18:00 AM

Just wanted to let everybody know that FusionHash is hard at work on the new 888 GPU Multipool and Scrypt Murraycoin pool. I have been checking in with them every couple days and I'm currently testing things as we speak.

In other news, I just received my 888-purchased jerky from Jay:

I know what I'm having for dinner tonight!

Glad they made it to ya safely.  I have to say, thats a great photo.  Smiley  Try not to eat all bags in one sitting.  Smiley
wartywarlock

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 09:46:20 AM

1) Bholzer, PM me if fusionhash needs more testers. I helped GNU_User test the first blackcoin multipool from the beginning.

2) I definitely want one of these pimp chalices. i'd put some 888 down right now if i wasn't sure i'd be overpaying, what costs 15k octo today costs 1.5k tomorrow Wink

Mate, pimp chalice, I'm thinking a top hat wearing, monocled, glass toting octopus for a beast of a brandy glass or similar. Probably have to be hand done, can't see our tech being quite good enough to lazer that!

The image in my head is sublime tho.

As for fushionhash, be really nice if they fixed the password reset, or answered emails. Still have an account there locked without reply from multiple emails to admin.. for weeks now..

This, but the Octo octo.. Cheesy
thenotfatguy

Activity: 96

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 12:44:58 PM

Heyo Guys,
Did you know that OctoCoin has been added to HitBTC voting?  Grin

https://hitbtc.com/vote

888 - 8bse7MESKBNGz9BixUCo5Z1cKJKVV5tZC7
djslick
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 12:45:16 PM

that's one dapper octopus.  Cool

depending on what happens to the price, i wouldn't rule out a version that's gold-rimmed or something, or even having some metalwork on the base and stem.

also, i break glasses far too easily in my line of work (i'm a professional raging alcoholic). consider a 4-pack if it's feasible for production.

wartywarlock

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:21:09 PM

We shall quaff needlessly expensive beverages in style at Las Vegas  Grin  we can't give hard numbers until a) machine production happens, which atm has to wait a week or so before we can use the machines, and b) we see how long the hand etched glass take per piece, we won't rush production!
syncsam

Activity: 172

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:35:05 PM

As for fushionhash, be really nice if they fixed the password reset, or answered emails. Still have an account there locked without reply from multiple emails to admin.. for weeks now..

PM them on here, might get thru
SquidsIn

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:36:02 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2014, 03:46:42 PM by SquidsIn

WTF?!

Mintpal are launching coins less than a day old now...

NIST5

And another one that's barely a week old and named after a terrorist organisation;

ISIS

This (the altcoin market, not 888) is fast becoming a bad joke.

Stonerboy

Activity: 344

ALL IN!

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:41:23 PM

WTF?!

Mintpal are launching coins less than a day old now...

NIST5

And another one that's barely a week old and named after a terrorist organisation;

ISIS

This (the altcoin market, not 888) is fast becoming a bad joke.

Mintpal destroying itself is not a secret anymore...

You could delete 90% of the coins there and nobody... really nobody... would miss them.
This makes the cryptobusiness look like a kindergarten and i'm not surprised that serious investors say no to a fu*k like that...
djslick
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 05:25:16 PM

1) ISIS also means this:

2) it damages no one to have many coins listed, just means there's more competition, and the cream rises to the top. have you looked on forex lately? you can buy/sell pretty much anything there. it would take many times every single altcoin combined to represent a fraction of what goes on IRL Wink

Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: