Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:33:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297646 times)
dimfot

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 05:36:40 PM

Octo doesn't have a strict POS element but the devs are working on a 'Bank' to store your coins which may pay interest.

The Devs probably won't answer you as they only really post when there's a development (which we're expecting in the coming weeks) but to get an idea of what's happening I'd recommend finding the Dev on the forum and reviewing his post history.

And while you're looking into stuff check out www.octohub.org for some sneaky tasters.

Side note 1: Anyone else mining/trading URO?

Heard of URO but haven't mined/traded any, should I be doing?

Side note 2: Anyone interested in a very limited edition custom etched pint glass? Featuring the 888 octopus of course...

Possibly, tell us more...

We bought some (40@0.05btc) a few days ago, went to bed it was 3x in the morning, went to bed again it was 4x in the morning. Sitting on about 1 btc now... A couple of companies have agreed to accept it for urea (fertiliser) at a 1:1 ton ration (minimum order 12,500 tons), reportedly the first order went through this morning. The btctalk thread is suffering from some hardcore FUDing but thoreticall the coins are worth about 0.4btc each.

Re Glasses. We're thinking limited run. say 18. 4 for the council, 4 for the Devs and 10 up for grabs. Maybe straight up sell 5 and auction the other 5? Trades in 888. Each would be unique, inspired by/based on the coin octopus. We've got a artist on board and each would be signed and numbered. When the first one is made we'll share pictures.

Still interested in a glass, at the right price.  Any idea how much 888 for one?

It's not finalised at the moment, but we're thinking 15,000 888 to Buy 1 of 5 or put in a bid for 1 of the 5 auctioned. 5 highest bids win. This way people that really want them can still get hold of them hopefully. If 888 hits 10k satoshis next week it would obviously be less. Also if anyone had a particular type of glass in mind  we could look into it. And like I said when we've got something to show we'll put up pics.  Smiley
i want one octo glass thing!!

"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SquidsIn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:37:41 PM

1) ISIS also means this:

2) it damages no one to have many coins listed, just means there's more competition, and the cream rises to the top. have you looked on forex lately? you can buy/sell pretty much anything there. it would take many times every single altcoin combined to represent a fraction of what goes on IRL Wink

Yeh, you're right, so it does, only that's a cartoon.  I think you'll find ISIS the terrorist organisation is slightly more murderous.  It has been reported over here that they are attempting to raise funds via cryptocurrency.  Since the UK government is aware of these reports and Mintpal is a UK registered company I'd say that puts them on pretty dodgy ground. The coin is either a poor joke or it's hiding in plain sight either way I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.

Since you clearly have a problem with me and jump on every comment I make here, you're now on permanent ignore.  I suggest you reciprocate and then the mutual annoyance is gone and doesn't detract from the purpose of this thread.  Goodbye.

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
djslick
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 06:07:54 PM

1) ISIS also means this:

2) it damages no one to have many coins listed, just means there's more competition, and the cream rises to the top. have you looked on forex lately? you can buy/sell pretty much anything there. it would take many times every single altcoin combined to represent a fraction of what goes on IRL Wink

Yeh, you're right, so it does, only that's a cartoon.  I think you'll find ISIS the terrorist organisation is slightly more murderous.  It has been reported over here that they are attempting to raise funds via cryptocurrency.  Since the UK government is aware of these reports and Mintpal is a UK registered company I'd say that puts them on pretty dodgy ground. The coin is either a poor joke or it's hiding in plain sight either way I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.

Since you clearly have a problem with me and jump on every comment I make here, you're now on permanent ignore.  I suggest you reciprocate and then the mutual annoyance is gone and doesn't detract from the purpose of this thread.  Goodbye.

wait, what? DID WE JUST BECOME ARCH ENEMIES? rofl

seriously dude, relax, it's news to me that i've ever responded to you before (there are only so many people posting in the thread, and i've been here since the beginning, probably responded to everyone here at least once). and i think you'll find that if you carefully read EVERY one of my posts in this 135 page thread (especially the one you just quoted), you'll see that I not only don't "have a problem" with anyone on here, but you'll warm to the fact that i'm actually quite charming.

oh wait, he ignored me, can someone please reply to this post with this quoted? maybe he'll see that then LOL.

sigh

that totally got weird right there didn't it? yeah, it got weird.... awkwaaaaaaard.

*** STUMP THE TRUMP *** SPURN THE BERN *** VOTE BILLARY! ***
-= www.Billary.rocks | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1439754 =-
joshycoin

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:08:18 PM

WTF?!

Mintpal are launching coins less than a day old now...

NIST5

And another one that's barely a week old and named after a terrorist organisation;

ISIS

This (the altcoin market, not 888) is fast becoming a bad joke.

agreed
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:13:49 PM

Where are the DEVS for Octocoin and do they have anything at all coming out for this coin anytime soon?? They are quickly dying off on Bittrex and it's not looking good!! I hope this coin can pull something fantastic out soon cause I have faith that it has potential but the books don't lie and not too many people are buying into this coin anymore.  Just food for thought!! Still very supportive for this coin but hate to ask for one of the DEVS to acknowledge something regarding details of the path they are headed with Octocoin? Please and thank you

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

djslick
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 06:22:34 PM

oh wait! i remember! that's the guy who was saying how mintpal obviously scams people out of their donated BTC for votes when votes dissapear, and not because they audit the votes removing botvotes and votes from the same IP. riiight, that rings a bell.

man, i'm gonna miss that guy. oh well. if your idea of having differing views from someone else in an online message forum is them "having it out for you", then maybe the internet isn't for you. what can i say.

ANYWAYS

---------------------------

as for mintpal listing new coins, who cares, i'm not going to buy them, are you dear reader? probably not. so who cares? they're making money, forget about it! xD if it's penis envy from 888 not being listed yet, then that's fine but don't be hating for the sake of hating. it's bad for your brain kid.

have any of you ever SEEN alibaba.com?Huh those motherfuckers sell EVERYTHING, and i mean EVERYTHING. you can buy a firetruck, http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/25-m-aerial-ladder-fire-truck_517173397.html or whatever the hell this is: http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Large-Powerfull-Climax-Machine-Make-Love_1457043867.html it's okay though, they can fill an order of 100,000 units per month.

do you KNOW how big alibaba is? you know how central they are for so many worldwide businesses? you know how much crazy shit they sell? you know how much MONEY THEY MAKE?

lots.

stop hating.

swainzag

Activity: 209

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:08:51 PM

oh wait! i remember! that's the guy who was saying how mintpal obviously scams people out of their donated BTC for votes when votes dissapear, and not because they audit the votes removing botvotes and votes from the same IP. riiight, that rings a bell.

man, i'm gonna miss that guy. oh well. if your idea of having differing views from someone else in an online message forum is them "having it out for you", then maybe the internet isn't for you. what can i say.

ANYWAYS

---------------------------

as for mintpal listing new coins, who cares, i'm not going to buy them, are you dear reader? probably not. so who cares? they're making money, forget about it! xD if it's penis envy from 888 not being listed yet, then that's fine but don't be hating for the sake of hating. it's bad for your brain kid.

have any of you ever SEEN alibaba.com?Huh those motherfuckers sell EVERYTHING, and i mean EVERYTHING. you can buy a firetruck, http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/25-m-aerial-ladder-fire-truck_517173397.html or whatever the hell this is: http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Large-Powerfull-Climax-Machine-Make-Love_1457043867.html it's okay though, they can fill an order of 100,000 units per month.

do you KNOW how big alibaba is? you know how central they are for so many worldwide businesses? you know how much crazy shit they sell? you know how much MONEY THEY MAKE?

lots.

stop hating.

The problem with MintPal adding coins that are between a day and a week old is 90% of them turn out to be pump and dumps.  Sure Mintpal makes money because people want to buy and sell them, but on the other hand it is not good overall for the altcoin community.  All it does it promote more scams, especially with all these new coins that come out that are straight PoS or PoS + PoW where the PoW is done after a week.  You are essentially creating something out of absolutely nothing, putting a value on it and watching people get scammed out of money.  The exchange makes money, the devs make money and the traders are stuck with a coin that no one wants. 

I've said it before, there needs to be an exchange that only dealt in established coins with an established community.  Of course it will never happen because greed runs way too high throughout the entire altcoin world.

murrayCOIN - The Only Currency Worthy of the Name
shellbunner

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:11:27 PM

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person buying 888. More cheap 888 for me I guess.  Smiley
karkkis

Activity: 74

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:21:16 PM

Where are the DEVS for Octocoin and do they have anything at all coming out for this coin anytime soon?? They are quickly dying off on Bittrex and it's not looking good!! I hope this coin can pull something fantastic out soon cause I have faith that it has potential but the books don't lie and not too many people are buying into this coin anymore.  Just food for thought!! Still very supportive for this coin but hate to ask for one of the DEVS to acknowledge something regarding details of the path they are headed with Octocoin? Please and thank you

That's precisely the enigma of the coin !

- First you wait for a while, then you start getting a bit nervous (but not really), and then the devs always re-appear with something interesting on the pipeline!   Grin

thenotfatguy

Activity: 96

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:28:31 PM

Where are the DEVS for Octocoin and do they have anything at all coming out for this coin anytime soon?? They are quickly dying off on Bittrex and it's not looking good!! I hope this coin can pull something fantastic out soon cause I have faith that it has potential but the books don't lie and not too many people are buying into this coin anymore.  Just food for thought!! Still very supportive for this coin but hate to ask for one of the DEVS to acknowledge something regarding details of the path they are headed with Octocoin? Please and thank you

- First you wait for a while, then you start getting a bit nervous (but not really), and then the devs always re-appear with something interesting on the pipeline!   Grin

Don't forget the part where you buy plenty of Octo at a really cheap 600 satoshis because some holders have gotten worried and sold theirs. This isn't the first time this has happened, people need to take notes in trends.

To add to this, now is literally the worst time to sell off your OctoCoin as the devs have recently announced that a new wallet, and hub project are being released soon. If anyone is planning to sell any more Octo at these cheap prices feel free to post here, if i don't buy em, I'm sure ShellBunner, Squidsin, GWCalvert, djslick, FrameLALife, or Joshycoin would happily take them off your hands as it is hard to buy large amounts of Octo anyhow.  Grin

888 - 8bse7MESKBNGz9BixUCo5Z1cKJKVV5tZC7
swainzag

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:43:34 PM

Where are the DEVS for Octocoin and do they have anything at all coming out for this coin anytime soon?? They are quickly dying off on Bittrex and it's not looking good!! I hope this coin can pull something fantastic out soon cause I have faith that it has potential but the books don't lie and not too many people are buying into this coin anymore.  Just food for thought!! Still very supportive for this coin but hate to ask for one of the DEVS to acknowledge something regarding details of the path they are headed with Octocoin? Please and thank you

- First you wait for a while, then you start getting a bit nervous (but not really), and then the devs always re-appear with something interesting on the pipeline!   Grin

Don't forget the part where you buy plenty of Octo at a really cheap 600 satoshis because some holders have gotten worried and sold theirs. This isn't the first time this has happened, people need to take notes in trends.

To add to this, now is literally the worst time to sell off your OctoCoin as the devs have recently announced that a new wallet, and hub project are being released soon. If anyone is planning to sell any more Octo at these cheap prices feel free to post here, if i don't buy em, I'm sure ShellBunner, Squidsin, GWCalvert, djslick, FrameLALife, or Joshycoin would happily take them off your hands as it is hard to buy large amounts of Octo anyhow.  Grin

How crazy is impatience in the alt-coin world?  Seriously it was two weeks ago today that people couldn't get enough 888 based on the great news from OctoHub!  A mere 14 days later and and not only are people not buying, but people are dumping!  I don't mind because I keep picking up little by little!

frameLAlife

Activity: 378

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 09:53:39 PM

I suspect that many of the people dumping at such low prices now are the ones that purchased them between .008 and .01 cents...... they see such a huge drop fast and the freak out.

oh well, i hope it stays this low until Tuesday/Payday.... I'll buy them all up.

For those of you who are new, we have seen the price jump up and dump this low before. It's nothing new. It will pass. Buy cheap and hold. Once this coin hits MP or Cryptsy it's up, up and away. All we need is more news from the devs and some of the apps to release....

It's coming guys.

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
GWCalvert

Activity: 167

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 09:53:58 PM

Always buying!  Grin Send me a PM!

I ran out of BTC on Bittrex buying the past few days.  Cry  Now I'm in the process of shuffling coins around (arbitrage, selling, etc) so that I can spend more BTC there and not allow Shellbunner to buy up all of the cheap stuff.  Grin

BTW, I think you could probably add bholzer to your list of buyers, as well.

888: 8TSFGEFRSXc7fjWt9RPQF1iGUe7T3J2GL1  Emerald Crypto Thread
swainzag

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 10:00:27 PM

Always buying!  Grin Send me a PM!

I ran out of BTC on Bittrex buying the past few days.  Cry  Now I'm in the process of shuffling coins around (arbitrage, selling, etc) so that I can spend more BTC there and not allow Shellbunner to buy up all of the cheap stuff.  Grin

BTW, I think you could probably add bholzer to your list of buyers, as well.

Is there a richlist? I wouldn't be on it regardless, I probably only have ~260K, but would be interesting to see!

frameLAlife

Activity: 378

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 10:31:54 PM

And yes I'm always buying!!!! Tongue Tongue Tongue

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
SteveChinese

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 12:08:35 AM

Ohhhhhhh 8 veryyyyyyyy lucky number in Chinese culture!  But 8 8 8  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked !!!!!  Want to mine big!  Cheesy
djslick
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 01:41:58 AM

Ohhhhhhh 8 veryyyyyyyy lucky number in Chinese culture!  But 8 8 8  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked !!!!!  Want to mine big!  Cheesy

and last thing i'll say about listing too many shitcoins, then i'll drop it, i promise. Even though it would be great to only have honourable coins listed, it's not going to happen. It's reflective of the real world market. people are trying to move money from your pocket to their pocket everyday, that's commerce. Anything that helps people see this and become more "buyer beware" hopefully isn't hurting that much.

I mean if you're a clueless noob, and decide to put your life savings in the scam coin of the day, and you lose everything cause it turned out to be garbage, then you just learned a powerful lesson. and we need more smart people trading! a sucker is born everyday yes, and everyday someone will try to take advantage of them. until they learn. learn to read up about their investments. learn to not believe the hype, learn to be able to parse information about what are good investments, and what is a lot of hot air.

only when we have an EDUCATED mass of traders and investors in crypto will we all profit. until then, with the unregulated nature and the "hot new thing" aura about it, then there will be noobs, and there will be people trying to trap those suckers. only education and hard lessons learned can teach them. lord knows i've learned SO much since i started trading crypto 2 years ago.

that's the nature of being decentralised. love it or leave it, what can i say? it's not one central authority's place to tell people what they can and can't trade. and if they can make a buck doing it, then it's in their best interests to do so. if you were in their place, you'd be doing the same thing if you cared about profit. the sooner we all accept this, the sooner we all become smarter traders.

deepcoreotc

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 03:49:41 AM

Ohhhhhhh 8 veryyyyyyyy lucky number in Chinese culture!  But 8 8 8  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked !!!!!  Want to mine big!  Cheesy

and last thing i'll say about listing too many shitcoins, then i'll drop it, i promise. Even though it would be great to only have honourable coins listed, it's not going to happen. It's reflective of the real world market. people are trying to move money from your pocket to their pocket everyday, that's commerce. Anything that helps people see this and become more "buyer beware" hopefully isn't hurting that much.

I mean if you're a clueless noob, and decide to put your life savings in the scam coin of the day, and you lose everything cause it turned out to be garbage, then you just learned a powerful lesson. and we need more smart people trading! a sucker is born everyday yes, and everyday someone will try to take advantage of them. until they learn. learn to read up about their investments. learn to not believe the hype, learn to be able to parse information about what are good investments, and what is a lot of hot air.

only when we have an EDUCATED mass of traders and investors in crypto will we all profit. until then, with the unregulated nature and the "hot new thing" aura about it, then there will be noobs, and there will be people trying to trap those suckers. only education and hard lessons learned can teach them. lord knows i've learned SO much since i started trading crypto 2 years ago.

that's the nature of being decentralised. love it or leave it, what can i say? it's not one central authority's place to tell people what they can and can't trade. and if they can make a buck doing it, then it's in their best interests to do so. if you were in their place, you'd be doing the same thing if you cared about profit. the sooner we all accept this, the sooner we all become smarter traders.

HEY, I made tons of money off that slot game!!!!  Smiley
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 04:51:57 AM

I wasn't panicking or worried about where OctoCoin is heading, I was simply asking when more news was coming out cause I've been promoting OctoCoin nonstop to people and I'm still buying and buying more and more at these prices whenever I have some spare profit to spare cause I believe that it's a coin that will be worth a lot in the long term of things.  I just hate that in the cryptoworld everyone is so impatient and that's what worries me with OctoCoin dying out (Not saying it is, Just that I worry about that happening) Anyways I just wanted to say continue voting on mintpal and continue collecting the coins and I'm in this coin for the long haul which apparently all of you are as well Smiley Happy Trading everyone and have a great evening Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

bholzer

Activity: 490

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 11:08:42 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2014, 11:21:40 AM by bholzer

OctoCoin is doing just fine - anybody selling right now is clueless. 888 is one of only 6 coins I am invested in. The devs post when there is news - let them work and enjoy the cheap coins while they last. One Tweet would probably double the price - maybe these guys should stream live feeds of their pulses to reduce the weekly concerns. It's been 4 months and they're still posting weekly updates - imagine if Steve Jobs had to give weekly public presentations his entire career! I'm sure the OctoCoin marketing efforts will improve dramatically once OctoHub is rocking and rolling but until then all that matters is continued distribution.

If they do things differently than other altcoin devs I only see that as a positive. I have met two of these guys in person and these guys are for real.

Finally, you guys need to stop worrying so much about MintPal. Keep voting, sure (I know I am) but even if 888 isn't at the top when MintPal voting closes... every exchange will add OctoCoin once things are rolling.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: