Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:46:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297646 times)
Krista

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 04:21:13 PM

When there will be a new wallet?
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GWCalvert

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 07:43:45 PM

When there will be a new wallet?

The wallet in the OP works great and is one of the nicest wallets of any cryptocurrency out there. The OctoDevs are working on a new wallet with more features to be released soon, but it is not going to be a mandatory update.

888: 8TSFGEFRSXc7fjWt9RPQF1iGUe7T3J2GL1  Emerald Crypto Thread
wartywarlock

Activity: 208

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 09:47:46 AM

Wallet is coming with some mostly superficial features, but honestly, with the rest of what they are working on, who actually cares for an update to a wallet that already works perfectly?

Those buttons.. chomping on the bit for more!
gd100

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:01:43 PM

Where are the DEVS for Octocoin and do they have anything at all coming out for this coin anytime soon?? They are quickly dying off on Bittrex and it's not looking good!! I hope this coin can pull something fantastic out soon cause I have faith that it has potential but the books don't lie and not too many people are buying into this coin anymore.  Just food for thought!! Still very supportive for this coin but hate to ask for one of the DEVS to acknowledge something regarding details of the path they are headed with Octocoin? Please and thank you

That's precisely the enigma of the coin !

- First you wait for a while, then you start getting a bit nervous (but not really), and then the devs always re-appear with something interesting on the pipeline!   Grin

Don't forget the part where you buy plenty of Octo at a really cheap 600 satoshis because some holders have gotten worried and sold theirs. This isn't the first time this has happened, people need to take notes in trends.

To add to this, now is literally the worst time to sell off your OctoCoin as the devs have recently announced that a new wallet, and hub project are being released soon. If anyone is planning to sell any more Octo at these cheap prices feel free to post here, if i don't buy em, I'm sure ShellBunner, Squidsin, GWCalvert, djslick, FrameLALife, or Joshycoin would happily take them off your hands as it is hard to buy large amounts of Octo anyhow.  Grin

When, when, when?
When octocoin die?
Four months passed and nothing done.
Promises only!
Thinking what I have, octocoin or octoskam?
Devs, octokoin dies!
Come on ....  updates and services.
What are you waiting for?

joshycoin

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:46:17 PM

Where are the DEVS for Octocoin and do they have anything at all coming out for this coin anytime soon?? They are quickly dying off on Bittrex and it's not looking good!! I hope this coin can pull something fantastic out soon cause I have faith that it has potential but the books don't lie and not too many people are buying into this coin anymore.  Just food for thought!! Still very supportive for this coin but hate to ask for one of the DEVS to acknowledge something regarding details of the path they are headed with Octocoin? Please and thank you

That's precisely the enigma of the coin !

- First you wait for a while, then you start getting a bit nervous (but not really), and then the devs always re-appear with something interesting on the pipeline!   Grin

Don't forget the part where you buy plenty of Octo at a really cheap 600 satoshis because some holders have gotten worried and sold theirs. This isn't the first time this has happened, people need to take notes in trends.

To add to this, now is literally the worst time to sell off your OctoCoin as the devs have recently announced that a new wallet, and hub project are being released soon. If anyone is planning to sell any more Octo at these cheap prices feel free to post here, if i don't buy em, I'm sure ShellBunner, Squidsin, GWCalvert, djslick, FrameLALife, or Joshycoin would happily take them off your hands as it is hard to buy large amounts of Octo anyhow.  Grin

When, when, when?
When octocoin die?
Promises only!
Devs, octokoin dies!

Whoa... calm down friend. Give it a couple weeks and I'm sure there will be some good news. If you want to sell for cheap cuz you don't like the coin... PM me  Grin
wartywarlock

Activity: 208

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 12:58:18 PM

When, when, when?
When octocoin die?
Promises only!
Devs, octokoin dies!
Come on ....  updates and services.

Oh look, the rest of the forum is starting to arrive!

- be patient, be patient, be patient,
- never, be patient
- not a great deal of time for the projects being done
- such as?
- feel free to sell. can you even give a hint of a clue what you think is scammy, no ipo, so it can't be that..
- no, it isn't.
- why rush, why be another shitty coin that talks the talk and delivers fuck all, or broken features. Everything so far has been pitch perfect, you can't rush perfection.
- they are waiting for themselves to finish programming features, duh!

Best get the tin foil hats ready, FUD is coming lmao  Roll Eyes
djslick
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 02:54:22 PM

When, when, when?
When octocoin die?
Promises only!
Devs, octokoin dies!
Come on ....  updates and services.

Oh look, the rest of the forum is starting to arrive!

- be patient, be patient, be patient,
- never, be patient
- not a great deal of time for the projects being done
- such as?
- feel free to sell. can you even give a hint of a clue what you think is scammy, no ipo, so it can't be that..
- no, it isn't.
- why rush, why be another shitty coin that talks the talk and delivers fuck all, or broken features. Everything so far has been pitch perfect, you can't rush perfection.
- they are waiting for themselves to finish programming features, duh!

Best get the tin foil hats ready, FUD is coming lmao  Roll Eyes

no, you're not wearing a tinfoil hat at all, pretty much everything you said is spot on. however you are missing the announcement they made that there should be a product release in july i believe? and 2, possibly 3 services online by the end of august. this is a long term-investment coin. they have many moving parts which all need to be aligned before they lift the curtain.

other coins choose to make a big stink about every little thing they're working on, or working towards, and that's fine, it seems to keep people happy as investors seem willing to buy something on the promise of good news. octo is what it is, and there's stuff going on behind the scenes that we're all very anxious for.

the devs don't post when there's no news, and even though it's been a while since their last announcement, every time they post i'm beaming with joy at the fun unexpected surprises we hear about. they're good at both keeping a lid on the excitement and keeping it building.

all that being said, i do think it's time for an update. there are lots of interesting things happening right now in crypto, and i think we're due for some good news of our own here. i'd never propose to rush out unfinished products, but getting a tentative time of arrival i'm sure would satiate many octo fans. we also understand the need to not give out details of secret projects out on a public forum, that would not be business savvy in such a cutthroat industry.

*** STUMP THE TRUMP *** SPURN THE BERN *** VOTE BILLARY! ***
-= www.Billary.rocks | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1439754 =-
karkkis

Activity: 74

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:15:03 PM

When, when, when?
When octocoin die?
Promises only!
Devs, octokoin dies!

When, when, when... such impatience...

- I know alt coin world is a bit crazy and there are so many scams around. I have been scammed once, and it left a permanent paranoia
in my mind about every new coin that arrives... I trust no one.

- Having said that, Octocoin is the only... the _only_ coin that doesn't give me that paranoia. I have been mining it from the beginning, and just recently I thought, what the hell - and pointed all my miners to it, forgetting everything else...

- And even if things don't work out in the end, which is of course a possibility with all alt coins, I will bear no grudge or feel bad about it. I like being here. I like the slow pace, I like the mysterious devs, I like the people posting here. It just works. I like this feeling, regardless of the outcome. This is the best place in Crypto. There are real people here.

- So there you go. What else can I add? Enjoy your visit, or remember to turn off the lights when you exit!

BeardedCouncil

Activity: 67

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:39:25 PM

When, when, when?
When octocoin die?
Promises only!
Devs, octokoin dies!

When, when, when... such impatience...

- I know alt coin world is a bit crazy and there are so many scams around. I have been scammed once, and it left a permanent paranoia
in my mind about every new coin that arrives... I trust no one.

- Having said that, Octocoin is the only... the _only_ coin that doesn't give me that paranoia. I have been mining it from the beginning, and just recently I thought, what the hell - and pointed all my miners to it, forgetting everything else...

- And even if things don't work out in the end, which is of course a possibility with all alt coins, I will bear no grudge or feel bad about it. I like being here. I like the slow pace, I like the mysterious devs, I like the people posting here. It just works. I like this feeling, regardless of the outcome. This is the best place in Crypto. There are real people here.

- So there you go. What else can I add? Enjoy your visit, or remember to turn off the lights when you exit!

This.

If you don't have faith in the project or the long run 888 is not the coin for you. However if you stick about you'll be laughing all the way to the (octo)bank.
gd100

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:42:02 PM

Whoa... calm down friend. Give it a couple weeks and I'm sure there will be some good news. If you want to sell for cheap cuz you don't like the coin... PM me  Grin

My coins are not for sale!
Nothing happens. No development! Devs are not serious!
Well wait for August, but which year?  Grin
bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 10:22:39 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 10:43:44 PM by bholzer

Whoa... calm down friend. Give it a couple weeks and I'm sure there will be some good news. If you want to sell for cheap cuz you don't like the coin... PM me  Grin

OctoHub was just unveiled two weeks ago, they announced their projected ETAs shortly before that, and they implemented the hardfork and released a badass wallet which still remains one of the few built on Bitcoin Core 0.9 shortly before that. They have admitted that they are behind schedule but I also know they are currently working with FusionHash on the new GPU pool (in fact, my call with FusionHash got bumped yesterday because their call with the OctoCoin team ran long). Again... I have met these guys in person (to me, this is a big deal) and, based on all of the junk coins being released every day now, I'm starting to think they might be some of the only devs who are serious. These guys are on another level; this FUD-filled forum is beneath them. I agree weekly updates would be nice but these guys are down two team members from when they started - the OctoTeam is now the HexaTeam - let them go to work. The two guys I met have important fulltime jobs in addition to this project. When there is news we will get news.

You do realize all of the coins with daily news are fabricating the news, right? For example, the big thing this past week has been Urinecoin or whatever - complete with phony fertilizer documents and badly Photoshopped tradeshow photos. Development and partnerships take time - a real business takes time - if anyone knows this, it's myself. In this game you need to either invest in quality projects like OctoCoin and be patient or you need to hope you get in and out at the right time on the "grift of the week" like Urinecoin.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
syncsam

Activity: 172

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:28:00 AM

OctoHub was just unveiled two weeks ago, they announced their projected ETAs shortly before that, and they implemented the hardfork and released a badass wallet which still remains one of the few built on Bitcoin Core 0.9 shortly before that. They have admitted that they are behind schedule but I also know they are currently working with FusionHash on the new GPU pool (in fact, my call with FusionHash got bumped yesterday because their call with the OctoCoin team ran long). Again... I have met these guys in person (to me, this is a big deal) and, based on all of the junk coins being released every day now, I'm starting to think they might be some of the only devs who are serious. These guys are on another level; this FUD-filled forum is beneath them. I agree weekly updates would be nice but these guys are down two team members from when they started - the OctoTeam is now the HexaTeam - let them go to work. The two guys I met have important fulltime jobs in addition to this project. When there is news we will get news.

You do realize all of the coins with daily news are fabricating the news, right? For example, the big thing this past week has been Urinecoin or whatever - complete with phony fertilizer documents and badly Photoshopped tradeshow photos. Development and partnerships take time - a real business takes time - if anyone knows this, it's myself. In this game you need to either invest in quality projects like OctoCoin and be patient or you need to hope you get in and out at the right time on the "grift of the week" like Urinecoin.

Urinecoin sounds like a keeper  Grin
joshycoin

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:32:52 AM

bholzer...I like your style man. Keep up the good work and I wish you the best with Murray Coin. Got a few thousand of those too. Smiley
djslick
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 08:57:37 AM

BoscoMurray

Activity: 450

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:40:09 PM

I just stumbled across a few 888's and thought I'd see what's going on over here. It's looking good. Lot's a work going on under the radar. I'm glad I held onto those 888's Smiley
frameLAlife

Activity: 378

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 09:38:36 PM

Hey guys,

I have a friend who is pretty talented and competes nationwide. I have talked to him before about sponsorships and he has a trip coming up soon. He is going to Germany to compete against top Jiu Jitsu Purple Belts in Europe. To my knowledge he is the only American going so it's pretty exciting.

He is trying to raise money for the travel costs and event fees. He already has a gofundme and is hosting a donation based BJJ Seminar on Triangle Chokes.

If there is interest from the 888 community to sponsor him for this trip and maybe future competitions I will see how much we can raise and then see how he can promote 888.

I would like to give him something that has the logos and the web addresses on there. Maybe even do some print media like small flyers or cards with some basic info and web addresses on there. Whether it's a tshirt or a patch maybe to sew into his gi.

He is currently competing in jiu jitsu but will also compete in judo and will have his first MMA fights coming up soon.

Let me know if there is interest and ideas for how he could promote us while in Germany!

We will discuss what 888 address to use and what the terms are if you guys want to help this guy out and also promote us oversees and maybe in the states in the future.

Also, I know with the potential price rise some of you may not want to depart with our precious Octo before it's hit it's higher price down the road. Understandable and I will post a bitcoin address as well.

If we do this I will get a vid of him receiving the funds and saying his thanks and will throw it on youtube to post here and on the reddit threads.

As a bonus, I will throw up a poll and you guys can vote how you would like to see Clay choke me out!

I think the options would be rear naked choke, triangle choke, cross choke and head and arm triangle. Tongue no guillotines Tongue

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
joshycoin

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:12:54 PM

Dude... this is awesome. Great idea! If you guys don't know, Frame and I are roommates and let me just say, I will lead the charge in donations to see him get choked OUT!!! I'll film it  Grin
djslick
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 02:53:35 PM

can we get an octocoin logo on his uniform? (i know there's a proper term for the uniform, but i'm blanking atm)

joshycoin

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:45:17 PM

can we get an octocoin logo on his uniform? (i know there's a proper term for the uniform, but i'm blanking atm)
Frame mentioned that. He said a patch on his gi. Smiley
frameLAlife

Activity: 378

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 04:39:51 PM

Yeah, we can get the logo on multiple items eventually. But the idea is to raise some money, use that money to pay for the patch to go on his gi uniform and also put logos on his fight shorts. Another idea is a tee shirt with all of his sponsors on it including the octo logo and web addresses.

Either way, the money will pay for the logo to wear then the rest goes to him.

And it may take multiple times. Maybe this time just pay for a patch to go on the gi uniform. In his next event pay to get the patch put on his fight shorts which will be used in both no gi jiu jitsu and MMA fights. The next time get the octo logo put onto a rash guard.

The other idea is to print up a bunch of small flyers with the web addresses, logo and brief description and he can pass them out or place them on all the seats at the event. I'm not sure how large the event in Germany will be but I know some of the US events he has been in this year attract a few hundred to a few thousand people per event.

It's just a thought on a good way to get the octo name out there. If we as a community sponsor him he may get a chance to talk about the crowd funding app when it releases and how people can use these tools to raise money for athletes or events in the future.

I'm going to post a Bitcoin and Octocoin address later tonight and start the process.

This trip is going to cost him around $3000. He has other sponsors and fundraising going on. It's not like he is totally counting on us so even if all we raised was $150 and $50 paid for the patches he'd still have $100 towards the cost of the trip.

Most of his US competitions will not cost nearly as much to fund and every little bit helps.

Most of the expense is hotel, gas, food, competition fees and sometimes replacing gear/uniforms.

Another idea in the future is to get him a custom gi made. You can actually have the companies make your gi uniform with custom colors and logos either embroidered or patched in. Could you imagine a green/black/gray gi with a giant octopus sewn into it? I mean he would have a lot of eyeballs seeing the logo and name and I'm sure a ton of people asking who is his sponsor with the octopuss.

More to come on this tonight!

Thanks for any interest.

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: