Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:42:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [888] [SCRYPT] OctoCoin ◦ The Power of Eight ◦ Don't Blink  (Read 297646 times)
GWCalvert

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 12:49:37 AM

I'm not trying to be a downer but I don't see the differentiating point in this coin. I asked before and the response sounded more like homeopathy than science. I know the 888 is positively conspicous for Chinese with 8 being a lucky number. Maybe that's why I'm only getting superstitous responses? Is that enough to ensure success?

If you would read through the thread (I know there is a lot to take in), particularly the dev-team's posts, you would understand that the services being developed for this coin are unlike the common fair being splashed about for most coins. There is real money and real development behind this coin. It's not some teenager in his parent's basement trying to make a couple of bitcoin to by some grass.

Many of the projects for this coin are being kept secret by the OctoDevs. If they are truly groundbreaking apps, I do not blame them for keeping them under wraps, as there would be twenty coins by next week saying they already have that feature. Just like all of the coins out there saying they are anonymous because DarkCoin is nearing a breakthrough and the price skyrocketed. The alt-coin world is full of copycats and if I was working on something innovative, I would keep the lid on it until it was ready to go.

I personally believe in people doing their own due diligence on whatever investment they want to make. With that being said: Read the "OctoCoin" (dev) posts throughout the thread from beginning to end and I think you will have a better picture of things.

(Hint) To see the dev-team's posts, click their name on one of their posts and it will take you to their profile page. Scroll down that page and click view recent posts and that will bring up every post they have made on the forum.

888: 8TSFGEFRSXc7fjWt9RPQF1iGUe7T3J2GL1  Emerald Crypto Thread

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 12:49:44 AM

I'm not trying to be a downer but I don't see the differentiating point in this coin. I asked before and the response sounded more like homeopathy than science. I know the 888 is positively conspicous for Chinese with 8 being a lucky number. Maybe that's why I'm only getting superstitous responses? Is that enough to ensure success?

I guess for starters, it has an awesome community that has stuck together for over 3 months. Maybe that doesn't sound like much but can you say the same thing about the last 10 coins that were added to MintPal?

I have personally met two of the developers at SXSW this year and they are both real developers for big companies - more than I can say for almost any other coin. Obviously that might not affect other people but that was a major component for myself.

The devs are always professional and on-point. There was a solid launch with some great pools. The new wallet is built on the Bitcoin Core 0.9.2 source (even before Bitcoin Core 0.9.2 was officially released) and I actually used part of their work to update my own coin because I was so impressed. There are no "country" gimmicks or "POS-only" gimmicks and so far I'm just happy with the way things are going. There was a modest premine (< 1%) but none of it has been touched after over 3 months and the devs have given a large quantity of coins to compensate some of the pool operators for their expenses. One month, edric was in a jam to pay some bills and one of the OctoCoin devs shot him over part of a bitcoin right away to help him out (not even a loan) - I was really impressed by that. I've had a private chat with "OctoCoin" and was impressed by his knowledge and description of their gameplan as well. In a world where most developers are making coins to make a quick buck off a pump-and-dump these guys are a breath of fresh air.

I support several coins but this is probably the one I'm most excited about right now. The devs aren't trying to rush it onto MintPal and the entire thread isn't solely focused on the price of 888 like most coins. If you are skeptical there is nothing wrong with that, man - it's good to do your research and always invest with caution. We would be happy to help answer any specific questions you may have - like I said this community is solid.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
deepcoreotc

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:50:06 AM

WIN A FREE BAG OF JERKY

From  now until Sunday June 30 at 11:59pm(mst)  All orders placed will be entered in a change to win a free bag of jerky.

Another way to be entered into the contest is by sharing our link on your Facebook page and post a link to your Facebook page showing you have link our page in here on this forum.

Thanks much for all your support. More great fun stuff coming your way from JaysJerky soon.

http://jaysjerkyandgoodies.auctivacommerce.com/

bholzer

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 01:01:03 AM

The genius in this release gives me chills. The slow roll and gently flowing value - it's almost like they intend to create an actual currency  Grin

Can't remember the last time I saw anything like it.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
thenotfatguy

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:06:21 AM

WIN A FREE BAG OF JERKY

From  now until Sunday June 30 at 11:59pm(mst)  All orders placed will be entered in a change to win a free bag of jerky.

Another way to be entered into the contest is by sharing our link on your Facebook page and post a link to your Facebook page showing you have link our page in here on this forum.

Thanks much for all your support. More great fun stuff coming your way from JaysJerky soon.

Jay, that's the third time you have posted this exact same advertisement here in the last 48 hours.

The majority of OctoCoiners who are jerky lovers probably know about your business. no need to spam Smiley

888 - 8bse7MESKBNGz9BixUCo5Z1cKJKVV5tZC7
djslick
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 01:08:43 AM

long story short. you want in on this, trust me. cloak and octo are the only 2 coins i'm excited about at the moment. zimstake looks kinda neat, but not sure if it's just a joke or not. well, not sure if it's a joke that will "go over well" or not lol.

not a superstitious response, but honestly, i've been mining this since day 1, and i don't want to overhype, draw 1000 more miners to the pools and get screwed out of profits. all the info's there, bholzer's reply is the most sagely vis-a-vis reading all posts by "Octocoin".

*** STUMP THE TRUMP *** SPURN THE BERN *** VOTE BILLARY! ***
-= www.Billary.rocks | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1439754 =-
bholzer

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 01:09:27 AM

Jay - come on buddy  Grin

I'm excited about my OctoCoin jerky purchase but I'm not sure we need 2 big "win free jerky" ads on every page - people will see it. Maybe PM "OctoCoin" and see if they can add it to the website and original post - they're supposedly redoing the website so now might be a good time.

thenotfatguy

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:14:39 AM

@bholzer - Took the words right out of my mouth on the OctoCoin writeup Cheesy

However, if heartastack were actually just looking for the coin specs (which for some reason are missing off page 1) here they are copied from the site.

Scrypt POW
88,888,888 Total Coins
88 second block targets, Re-targets every 888 seconds
Re-target calculated using a 40 block sample and .25 damping
88 OctoCoins per block

frameLAlife

Activity: 378

Yessir.

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 02:31:37 AM

I see why you might be skeptical since on a technical level 888 isn't exactly anything new. It's basically a script coin based on the number 8. Nothing super exciting. No POS. No weird algorithms. No gimmicks.

What you do have is a small committed community that is growing. You also have some serious devs who haven't dumped. Most alt coins, even the ones with unique and good ideas are pump n dump coins, period.

Like bholzer said the devs have helped people out and asked for nothing in return. When Joshycoin and I mentioned making octo tees they not only gave their blessing but they said they would see if some of the start up money for it would be given to us by their investors. They have been very active lately and helped keep us in the loop. They have contacted Fusion Hash when users were having issues with the pool.

This may not seem like a lot but most alts are pump n dump coins, shrouded in secrecy and abandoned once the steam slows down.

That's why I stay. The devs have big plans, they are accessible and if the apps they release are good you might see octo go somewhere.

www.ptcrypto.com YOUR Bitcoin consultants!
BTC 13TQitBTzADXpYsDMRjDqFuGaw8m1JZ2YE
ThePeePs

https://cryptassist.io

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:38:46 AM

I see why you might be skeptical since on a technical level 888 isn't exactly anything new. It's basically a script coin based on the number 8. Nothing super exciting. No POS. No weird algorithms. No gimmicks.

What you do have is a small committed community that is growing. You also have some serious devs who haven't dumped. Most alt coins, even the ones with unique and good ideas are pump n dump coins, period.

Like bholzer said the devs have helped people out and asked for nothing in return. When Joshycoin and I mentioned making octo tees they not only gave their blessing but they said they would see if some of the start up money for it would be given to us by their investors. They have been very active lately and helped keep us in the loop. They have contacted Fusion Hash when users were having issues with the pool.

This may not seem like a lot but most alts are pump n dump coins, shrouded in secrecy and abandoned once the steam slows down.

That's why I stay. The devs have big plans, they are accessible and if the apps they release are good you might see octo go somewhere.

I completely agree, which is why i still have my P2Pool up, mining when i can, and holding. 

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
████  ████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
OctoCoin (OP)

Activity: 164

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:46:48 AM

Burning the midnight oil.
SquidsIn

Activity: 236

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:58:19 AM

If you would read through the thread (I know there is a lot to take in), particularly the dev-team's posts, you would understand that the services being developed for this coin are unlike the common fair being splashed about for most coins. There is real money and real development behind this coin. It's not some teenager in his parent's basement trying to make a couple of bitcoin to by some grass.

Many of the projects for this coin are being kept secret by the OctoDevs. If they are truly groundbreaking apps, I do not blame them for keeping them under wraps, as there would be twenty coins by next week saying they already have that feature. Just like all of the coins out there saying they are anonymous because DarkCoin is nearing a breakthrough and the price skyrocketed. The alt-coin world is full of copycats and if I was working on something innovative, I would keep the lid on it until it was ready to go.

I personally believe in people doing their own due diligence on whatever investment they want to make. With that being said: Read the "OctoCoin" (dev) posts throughout the thread from beginning to end and I think you will have a better picture of things.

(Hint) To see the dev-team's posts, click their name on one of their posts and it will take you to their profile page. Scroll down that page and click view recent posts and that will bring up every post they have made on the forum.

@heartastack
That's pretty much the gist of what I said in my "homeopathic" response, i.e. if you want the executive summary rather than catching up on the whole forum, read the dev's posts.  If you don't get it after that, move on, we can agree to disagree and go our separate ways.  Most people here have no interest in engaging with trolls, we can't make you see something you don't, you need to do your own due diligence and make up your own mind.  You asked where you could find out more, in a rather rude and abrupt manner I might add, and I politely suggested how you might do that.  Attacking my response as homeopathic is rather unfair, you should be thankful you didn't receive my originally drafted response to your terse enquiry.

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
SquidsIn

Activity: 236

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:04:22 AM

WIN A FREE BAG OF JERKY

From  now until Sunday June 30 at 11:59pm(mst)  All orders placed will be entered in a change to win a free bag of jerky.

Jay, that's the third time you have posted this exact same advertisement here in the last 48 hours.

The majority of OctoCoiners who are jerky lovers probably know about your business. no need to spam Smiley

I agree.  It's great that you're taking orders in Octo and it's great to have you in the community but I only needed to see one of these ads.  Maybe the best place for advertising products that can be bought with Octo would be in a sub-thread of the reddit?

Since getting into Cryptocurrency I've had many bags, all but two have varied over time.  Those are the two I see in the mirror where my eyes once shone.
neleonele

Activity: 392

member of GameCredits Dev team

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 10:06:56 AM

You people makes me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRMOMjCoR58

Cool

deepcoreotc

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:36:57 PM

WIN A FREE BAG OF JERKY

I agree.  It's great that you're taking orders in Octo and it's great to have you in the community but I only needed to see one of these ads.  Maybe the best place for advertising products that can be bought with Octo would be in a sub-thread of the reddit?

Thats a great idea....Thanks much,   I do apologize for my being a bit over zealous.

Jay
thenotfatguy

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:01:08 PM

WIN A FREE BAG OF JERKY

I agree.  It's great that you're taking orders in Octo and it's great to have you in the community but I only needed to see one of these ads.  Maybe the best place for advertising products that can be bought with Octo would be in a sub-thread of the reddit?

Thats a great idea....Thanks much,   I do apologize for my being a bit over zealous.

Jay

Not sure if you've noticed jay, but i did include you in my weekly article i write for OctoCoin. Should be plenty of publicity on that side too.
Consider making a post on /r/OctoCoin about the free jerky although I'm not sure if the redditors who follow OctoCoin have much 888.

Still worth a shot though Grin

thenotfatguy

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:02:42 PM

Devs, would this mean we can expect to see some of the fruits of your labor soon?  Shocked

deepcoreotc

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:06:18 PM

WIN A FREE BAG OF JERKY

From  now until Sunday June 30 at 11:59pm(mst)  All orders placed will be entered in a change to win a free bag of jerky.

I agree.  It's great that you're taking orders in Octo and it's great to have you in the community but I only needed to see one of these ads.  Maybe the best place for advertising products that can be bought with Octo would be in a sub-thread of the reddit?

Thats a great idea....Thanks much,   I do apologize for my being a bit over zealous.

Jay

Not sure if you've noticed jay, but i did include you in my weekly article i write for OctoCoin. Should be plenty of publicity on that side too.
Consider making a post on /r/OctoCoin about the free jerky although I'm not sure if the redditors who follow OctoCoin have much 888.

Thanks for including JaysJerky in your article, I did indeed miss it, please share link to article , I would enjoy reading it.  I did go ahead and place a post on octocoinmarket place.  So no more jerky blast in here everyone  Smiley  Hope this helps

Jay
thenotfatguy

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:10:50 PM

WIN A FREE BAG OF JERKY

Thats a great idea....Thanks much,   I do apologize for my being a bit over zealous.

Jay

Thanks for including JaysJerky in your article, I did indeed miss it, please share link to article , I would enjoy reading it.  I did go ahead and place a post on octocoinmarket place.  So no more jerky blast in here everyone  Smiley  Hope this helps

Jay

http://www.reddit.com/r/OctoCoin/comments/28s1v3/saturday_octocoin_updates_14_the_pricey_octopus/

OctoCoinMarket was a subreddit project of mine much before i started the weekly articles. It never really took off.

Its a better idea to post to http://www.reddit.com/r/OctoCoin instead

deepcoreotc

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:46:11 PM

@thenotfatguy, ok, awesome. Thanks again for the shout out.

Jay
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: