Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:43:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FedoraCoin (TiPS); New style, new services, same unique features  (Read 180995 times)
id10tothe9

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:42:00 PM

How many people have already checked our gdrive files?

This is the management structure I propose, it's available on the drive in excel format but I'll put it here for you. Decide on which team you would like to be and let me know!

This is the list of our current members on the Brain of TIPS: Members can be elected in and out of it by the community, our aim is to steer the ship and achieve our goals, defined and evolved though active members of our community.                  

The Nodes                  
   Think Tank, Devs, Research Group, Marketing, Public Relations, TiPS Fund Management   

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
id10tothe9

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:45:21 PM

icanprogram, is there somebody in charge of the forum thread now that Fargusson is gone? if not, is somebody willing to take over this responsibility, or you icanprogram? we will need to close the old threads and redirect people to this one, and I hope soon we can start making polls on this thread so we need a management for that. If nobody volunteers then I would take on that responsibility.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
id10tothe9

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:02:14 PM

anybody of the previous devs still here and interested in continuing to work on tips?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 06:51:13 PM

anybody of the previous devs still here and interested in continuing to work on tips?

Would be nice to see some active development before it drops further.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
icanprogram

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:46:46 PM

icanprogram, is there somebody in charge of the forum thread now that Fargusson is gone?

No
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 07:43:52 PM

icanprogram, is there somebody in charge of the forum thread now that Fargusson is gone?

No

Is the project still active?  What is currently hot?

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
id10tothe9

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:02:36 AM

well I hope so, I'm trying to get our community to reorganize and discuss the next steps to be made. But I need people here to respond more than it's the case up to now.
As I posted above, we have about 6 groups of teams waiting to be filled with members interested in taking that position so that we can make decisions and start new projects. If you are interested please say where you want to be!
With tips at this very low market cap (about 60-70k$) we have a lot of room for growth and those of us who take it up and bring it back to life will benefit handsomely (10-100 fold ROI). So I'm really surprised no discussion has really started to the matters I posted recently..

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Tyke
Legendary

Activity: 1437
Merit: 1160

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 08:02:26 AM

Thank you for your post.  I have enjoyed researching each coin over the preceding months.  There are only a few more coins which need attention before all coin sections are completed.

Wink

Fedoracoin TIPS has its own four page section in my book called Cryptocurrency "The Alt-ernative" Reference Book.  Here is the thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=483187.0

I will document all major historical events for TIPS as well as the current coin specifications.  I have been working on the book for a few months.  If you would like to help fund this future publication, here is my TIPS wallet address:

EbjEBNmAX551trBgP9vJeEj9msohjcuvKd

hey tyke that's an awesome project! I will send you some tips in few days when I get the time and open my wallet Smiley
you know all you need to know about tips history since 4chan? I myself don't know all the details and would be interested in reading all about it hehe. I think there are pretty interesting details, if you don't know all ask here I'm sure some of the members who've here since the beginning can help further.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 06:40:12 PM

well I hope so, I'm trying to get our community to reorganize and discuss the next steps to be made. But I need people here to respond more than it's the case up to now.
As I posted above, we have about 6 groups of teams waiting to be filled with members interested in taking that position so that we can make decisions and start new projects. If you are interested please say where you want to be!
With tips at this very low market cap (about 60-70k$) we have a lot of room for growth and those of us who take it up and bring it back to life will benefit handsomely (10-100 fold ROI). So I'm really surprised no discussion has really started to the matters I posted recently..

Keep asking! As we move into fall here in the US people will have more time and energy to devote I'm sure. Summer is a lousy time for crypto. I am willing to donate 1m TIPS and may be able to help elsewhere when not so tied up in current projects. I think, for right now, lets start with some fact finding:

What exchanges are we still on?

What exchanges do we want to be on?

What do we want the coin to be?

What area are we best suited for? Actual tipping as in commercial establishments? Behind the scenes support such as charities, special projects, etc?

What kind of talent do we currently have to make changes such as a possible move to POS or multi-algo or other structual changes?

I know, more questions and no answers but, we need these answered first. After that, I think best course is getting the coin back in the publics eye with a new direction and possible function. This will require articles to be written and published.

To start off, as I have said before, lets loose the hat thing and design a new logo. Anybody out there talented in graphic design?

What should the new theme be? Can we get some ideas and post a pole here in the forum?

Come on people! I know there are some really big bagholders out there, it won't take much of a increase to make you're investment worth real money, it can only get better from here. At this point, doesn't matter so much what we do as long as we do SOMETHING!

I challenge you all to answer the questions above and provide alternatives where needed.

As I said, I'm willing to put up 1m TIPS, anybody want to better that offer? I dare ya!  Smiley

Let's do this thing!

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
$dakini

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:59:15 AM

As I said, I'm willing to put up 1m TIPS, anybody want to better that offer? I dare ya!  Smiley
I am happy to pledge 10M TIPS, if needed at any point.
thiec

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 08:33:05 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2014, 06:32:46 AM by thiec

Seem everyone willing to donate as little as 1m from their TIPS stock, I suggest we start to have "POOL FUND account".

Someone that we agree to hold that fund for the future used.
We need this fund to move this project not just volunteer. (i agree with Triffin)
Idea is good for direction, but setting fund to realize that is the basic one.
Not all of us (generally speaking) have interest in TIPS but in MONEY, they do. (sorry for my language)

Also, the one who speaks that want to donate to have action, not just said he/she will.

Lets start counting while we set up the pool.
$dakini = 10m
RJF = 1m + 9m
thiec = 2m + 1m
Triffin = 3m
dimke_yu = 5m
id10tothe9 = 20m
mouseman = 10m

Bag holder / Potential to donate :
Catanonia = 2b (2,000m)

Edit : Adjust donate value & donator

dimke_yu

Activity: 461
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 11:21:28 AM
Last edit: August 16, 2014, 11:47:32 AM by dimke_yu

Hello I would also like to donate 5m I love this community and the coin itself is great. What is address for donation?

RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 04:16:26 PM

Hello I would also like to donate 5m I love this community and the coin itself is great. What is address for donation?

Ok, thats more like it! Love to see people step up!

id10tothe9: Can you set up a fund for improvements/changes and post the address? What else do we need to do to make sure it is ligit?

Also, read a while back that reducing the amount of coins was a good move to push up the price. What does everyone think of that?

Do we have a dev available or can we find one who will work for TIPS?

DNotesVault
ultron

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:48:49 PM

Hi guys,
I want to help with the development, because I've invested a lot to this coin and don't want to lose my investments.
Can someone tell me about current situation?
Triffin

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:34:38 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2014, 07:48:40 PM by Triffin

Hi guys ..

I also nominate "id10tothe9" to hold the rehab funds/pool if he's willing ..

We also need to hire a competent dev to review and evaluate
the existing state of TIPS  and to manage the community takeover ..

It appears from prior comments that most of us are non technical,
but I assume we can collectively agree on a rehab plan/new focus
for TIPS and handle the marketing tasks/costs ..  

Start thinking about how we should position the coin for the future ..
What will be the best bang for the rehab buck so to speak ..
What useful features have you encountered in competing coins that
we could adopt/modify for our purposes here ??

1) Reduce coin count ?
2) Change the mining parameters/algo ?
3) Beef up the anonymity ?
4) Brain wallet ?
5) mobile wallet ?
6) Other features enhancements ?
7) Change the name ?
Cool Change the logo ?
9) Mobile Tipping Apps

What do we already have ??

1) A coin mixing service ( just needs transaction volume ) that provides a level of anonymity ..
2) A large number of coins ( too large ?? )
3) The symbol TIPS
4) w/fedoracoin payments system https://pay.withfedoraco.in/

Everything else should be "on the table" for scrutiny/discussion/modification ..

Triff ..

id10tothe9

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 02:27:42 PM

hey guys awesome to see this positive change of tides Grin
sorry been away for a few days and didn't have the time to follow up but I'm positively surprised that things are now looking much better! with this attitude I'm sure we can do something with our beloved tips Cheesy

RJF, I liked your questions and the idea of first answering the important questions before we move on. So I put them in our gdrive, all of us can add new questions or answer the existing ones here: Questions to be answered
give it a try Smiley

Keep asking! As we move into fall here in the US people will have more time and energy to devote I'm sure. Summer is a lousy time for crypto. I am willing to donate 1m TIPS and may be able to help elsewhere when not so tied up in current projects. I think, for right now, lets start with some fact finding:

What exchanges are we still on?

What exchanges do we want to be on?

What do we want the coin to be?

What area are we best suited for? Actual tipping as in commercial establishments? Behind the scenes support such as charities, special projects, etc?

What kind of talent do we currently have to make changes such as a possible move to POS or multi-algo or other structual changes?

I know, more questions and no answers but, we need these answered first. After that, I think best course is getting the coin back in the publics eye with a new direction and possible function. This will require articles to be written and published.

To start off, as I have said before, lets loose the hat thing and design a new logo. Anybody out there talented in graphic design?

What should the new theme be? Can we get some ideas and post a pole here in the forum?

Come on people! I know there are some really big bagholders out there, it won't take much of a increase to make you're investment worth real money, it can only get better from here. At this point, doesn't matter so much what we do as long as we do SOMETHING!

I challenge you all to answer the questions above and provide alternatives where needed.

Let's do this thing!

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
id10tothe9

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 02:31:53 PM

Seem everyone willing to donate as little as 1m from their TIPS stock, I suggest we start to have "POOL FUND account".

Someone that we agree to hold that fund for the future used.
We need this fund to move this project not just volunteer. (i agree with Triffin)
Idea is good for direction, but setting fund to realize that is the basic one.
Not all of us (generally speaking) have interest in TIPS but in MONEY, they do. (sorry for my language)

Also, the one who speaks that want to donate to have action, not just said he/she will.

Lets start counting while we set up the pool.
$dakini = 10m
RJF = 1m
thiec = 2m
Triffin = 3m
dimke_yu = 5m

Bag holder / Potential to donate :
Catanonia = 2b (2,000m)

Edit : Add more donator

awesome thiec! maybe you can keep updating this and keeping count of the potential amount till we set up a fund? I would also donate 20M TIPS for now, and if things look good I might buy more and donate more Smiley

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
id10tothe9

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 02:41:46 PM

Ok, thats more like it! Love to see people step up!

id10tothe9: Can you set up a fund for improvements/changes and post the address? What else do we need to do to make sure it is ligit?

Also, read a while back that reducing the amount of coins was a good move to push up the price. What does everyone think of that?

Do we have a dev available or can we find one who will work for TIPS?

hey yah I can do that if you trust me and preferably we find a reliable trustless method, but I don't know how to and I need some professional help. any suggestions you have as to how to do it and how to make it secure etc?

Also: I got the keys for this thread Smiley, so I can add the donation address or do changes according to your suggestions etc. Also I'm interested in creating questionnaires for voting, but still don't know how to do it, any ideas?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
id10tothe9

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 02:48:44 PM

Hey FedoraCoin,

Looking for a job in the crypto world?

Just launched a job and resume posting website www.blakebirk.com

check it out  Smiley

hey this looks like a great start, maybe we can make use of it in the future when looking for programmers etc! and wish you good luck with the site!

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
id10tothe9

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 02:58:16 PM

Hi guys,
I want to help with the development, because I've invested a lot to this coin and don't want to lose my investments.
Can someone tell me about current situation?

hey ultron it would be awesome if you can help in development! as you see we don't have many developers left. I think right now we only have icanprogram, the other devs it seems have left. The situation is that we are looking for new and capable devs right now, there might be some devs actually from other coins, triffin might bring us some good news we have to wait and see. but basically you, and if you know other devs all efforts are welcome.
I think what we learned from our history till now, we need to have an incentive for devs and contributing members, ie. they either get paid for their efforts, or they get a big stake and would be interested in investing their time into making TIPS better. so we are looking for ways to reward such efforts, a donation fund is one of such possibilities.
Then also we had problems due to the fast minting rate of tips we had, so basically the multipools kept mining TIPS and dumping until we fell so deep. so suggestions to change the code have been made often in the past and now again and I think this should be the way to go.
We still need to make a clear documentation of all that we have till now in the network (payment processor, websites, properties of the code etc) so I can't give you a satisfactory answer right now, but hope the community is stepping up and those questions shall be answered soon.
we also have many cool new ideas now of models on how to operate and what to do with TIPS actually, so it seems creating commercial applications is the best and maybe only way to go ie. make business out of this, create new projects with profit, we all can become invested in those projects and earn returns from successful business and the TIPS value will profit over all.
If you haven't seen our file yet give it a look on gdrive

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: