Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 11:56:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 [545] 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 ... 634 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (WC) | WhiteCoin | BIG NEWS: Foundation, investors & more ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 759182 times)
Kestrel71

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:00:00 PM

we are pleased to announce that we have submitted a formal request to reserve the name "The WhiteCoin Foundation" to the Government of Nova Scotia, Canada.
And that is the big happy news? So nothing solid then other than you put in a request to reserve a name.....ok. 
surfguy72

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:03:03 PM

we are pleased to announce that we have submitted a formal request to reserve the name "The WhiteCoin Foundation" to the Government of Nova Scotia, Canada.
And that is the big happy news? So nothing solid then other than you put in a request.....ok.

Sounds to me like filing a patent.  Having the patent filed is the key... it takes years to approve the patent, but patent protection goes back to the fililing date.  Not sure what Canada's timing is.  But with the most recent legislation, the timing is PERFECT.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
Kestrel71

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:06:45 PM

Sounds to me like filing a patent.  Having the patent filed is the key... it takes years to approve the patent, but patent protection goes back to the fililing date.  Not sure what Canada's timing is.  But with the most recent legislation, the timing is PERFECT.
I admire your persistence in defending the devs actions but anyone can put in a request yes? It is not that big a deal that I would start telling people to buy WC up though like mongonzo did earlier.
mogonzo

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:13:42 PM

Sounds to me like filing a patent.  Having the patent filed is the key... it takes years to approve the patent, but patent protection goes back to the fililing date.  Not sure what Canada's timing is.  But with the most recent legislation, the timing is PERFECT.
I admire your persistence in defending the devs actions but anyone can put in a request yes? It is not that big a deal that I would start telling people to buy WC up though like mongonzo did earlier.

I disagree. It took us a great deal of research, effort, and communication with government to ensure we were registering under the correct legislation. That we were able to get response from government at all on this is significant.

You're right, anyone could reserve a name. But would that reservation hold up under scrutiny? Would the request be denied? Did the person submitting ensure we met all requirements?

If we weren't going to get positive answers regarding this, it would be disastrous for us down the road. Imagine if we were to begin operations, but then 90 days later it turns out "oh you can't use that name, and you can't operate here."

In time, it will become very clear how different this makes us from other coins. It puts us in a very exclusive league.

President - The WhiteCoin Foundation | contact: chris@whitecoin.info
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 08:41:48 PM

In time, it will become very clear how different this makes us from other coins. It puts us in a very exclusive league.

Actually, this a milestone in digital currency, not something to be taken lightly. The appearance of legitimacy and actually being in the process are two very different things. This is the kind of thing traditional investors and those on the outside are looking for. I say, hats off to the Foundation, slow and steady wins the race....

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Asgardian

Activity: 189

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:54:27 PM

Actually, this a milestone in digital currency, not something to be taken lightly. The appearance of legitimacy and actually being in the process are two very different things. This is the kind of thing traditional investors and those on the outside are looking for. I say, hats off to the Foundation, slow and steady wins the race....

+1

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
CryptoSEO

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 09:21:14 PM

Couldn't agree more, super stoked as this not only helps legitimize WC/WCF it will help with crypto in general.  It will also bring more confidence to investors (current, future and non crypto), merchants and business looking to invest in WC, WC network and more Smiley Steady, Stable and Secure

WC - WU6UWL8mjj1TMjzzT7CnEL2GDcP1nUsLc3
eddienova

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:25:06 PM

I say, hats off to the Foundation, slow and steady wins the race....

+100
Kestrel71

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:25:40 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2014, 09:42:48 PM by Kestrel71

Actually, this a milestone in digital currency, not something to be taken lightly.

Ever heard of Emunie? it has been registered for a while now as a legal entity it is no milestone at all. so yeh, no milestone and no big deal to be honest.

http://companies.findthebest.co.uk/l/1006482/Emunie-Ltd-in-London-United-Kingdom

http://www.companysearchesmadesimple.com/company/uk/08857374/emunie-ltd/

WC is only about 6 months behind being a milestone and it hasn't been approved, just a request which can easily be rejected.
piotrek

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:44:29 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2014, 09:54:35 PM by piotrek

Sounds to me like filing a patent.  Having the patent filed is the key... it takes years to approve the patent, but patent protection goes back to the fililing date.  Not sure what Canada's timing is.  But with the most recent legislation, the timing is PERFECT.

Maybe it is not a big deal, but in real life this is the first step to be recognized.
Second step should be B2B support, as it is usually required.

This may be hard for many, but we are not the target anymore.
We need investors and what they need is our priority.

Time to leave 100SAT level thinking and start doing it better.

My WC tip tank: Wh5S4yYXXNet3oWqcDCV3KuBSGpCHnqP
mogonzo

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:47:29 PM

Actually, this a milestone in digital currency, not something to be taken lightly.

Ever heard of Emunie? it has been registered for a while now as a legal entity it is no milestone at all. so yeh, no milestone and no big deal to be honest.

http://companies.findthebest.co.uk/l/1006482/Emunie-Ltd-in-London-United-Kingdom

WC is only about 6 months behind being a milestone and it hasn't been approved, just a request which can be easily be rejected.

Emunie is a company, we are an association, there is a very big difference between the two.

And as has been indicated, we've been consulting with government departments and officials to help ensure we are not rejected in our application. That's why this is worth note. I could have submitted a name reservation a month ago without spending the time to do the research, which would have started our 90 day operations window then, but that's not what I did.

As soon as the name comes back as reserved, we'll be able to legitimately operate as an association called The WhiteCoin Foundation. We would not have been able to submit that request had the clerks responsible for handling our submission not believed we were meeting all criteria.

This is how we form the basis of who and what we are: a coin that is truly managed, operated, and maintained by its community.

Kestrel71

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:50:30 PM

I couldn't agree more but talk is cheap and getting registered is a maybe and not a guarantee.
Kestrel71

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:57:45 PM

WC is only about 6 months behind being a milestone and it hasn't been approved, just a request which can be easily be rejected.

Emunie is a company, we are an association, there is a very big difference between the two.

And as has been indicated, we've been consulting with government departments and officials to help ensure we are not rejected in our application. That's why this is worth note. I could have submitted a name reservation a month ago without spending the time to do the research, which would have started our 90 day operations window then, but that's not what I did.

As soon as the name comes back as reserved, we'll be able to legitimately operate as an association called The WhiteCoin Foundation. We would not have been able to submit that request had the clerks responsible for handling our submission not believed we were meeting all criteria.

This is how we form the basis of who and what we are: a coin that is truly managed, operated, and maintained by its community.

Well time will tell I guess.  I constantly keep myself updated in this thread with all this news and will continue to ask questions most here seem to not want to do.  Do you not think it was premature to ask the community to buy more WC when nothing is set in stone yet?
surfguy72

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:58:11 PM

WC is only about 6 months behind being a milestone and it hasn't been approved, just a request which can easily be rejected.

I'm glad you pointed them out, no doubt if you made this connection others will think similar too.  I checked them out and want to make sure our investors, members etc know the difference.

I'm very excited for whats been done, and whats being done right now.  Kestrel71, if you can help WhiteCoin community out, please let us know! Smiley

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
mogonzo

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 10:04:34 PM

Well time will tell I guess.  I constantly keep myself updated in this thread with all this news and will continue to ask questions most here seem to not want to do.  Do you not think it was premature to ask the community to buy more WC when nothing is set in stone yet?

Just to clarify, I think you may be misunderstanding. Our request being accepted for name reservation at this juncture is due to the people responsible for approving or rejecting our application believing we have met the necessary criteria. Again I stress, the only thing that will prevent us from moving forward as a registered entity is if 48 hours from now it turns out another WhiteCoin Foundation decided to register somewhere in Canada.

piotrek

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 10:07:27 PM

I couldn't agree more but talk is cheap and getting registered is a maybe and not a guarantee.

So, it is a free market. Is it possible to buy market cap loss warranty?
As you can see this is where foundation can split insurance costs per registered members.
Without foundation it is kinda difficult.

My WC tip tank: Wh5S4yYXXNet3oWqcDCV3KuBSGpCHnqP
surfguy72

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 10:39:31 PM

So, it is a free market. Is it possible to buy market cap loss warranty?
As you can see this is where foundation can split insurance costs per registered members.
Without foundation it is kinda difficult.

Marketcap loss warranty or insurance on price?  That gets into some very heavy financial stuff for sure.  I'm not sure if such protection exists, in this type of unstable environment it would take some heavy hedging to be able to offer that.  But, to generalize, yes, there are things now that the whitecoin foundation will be able to do, that other coins won't.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
mogonzo

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:09:57 PM

Draft media release for community consultation

CryptoCurrency Association Condemns Canadian Government's bitcoin approach

The WhiteCoin Foundation must express its deep concern at the Canadian Government's recent moves regarding bitcoin. These provisions hidden deep within Bill C-31 are being implemented without consulting the industry they impact. This sends a clear message to an industry that holds great potential to Canadian Tech markets: your needs don't matter to us.

Chris Salsman, President of the WhiteCoin Foundation, feels this signals the Harper Government's lack of competency when it comes to bitcoin.

"I think it demonstrates how misinformed they are. There was no public discussion. No consultation with industry partners. We're looking for Canada to be a leader in welcoming cryptocurrency as a viable alternative for online value transfer. But this move demonstrates very clearly that the health of the cryptocurrency industry in Canada is irrelevant to the government. They're stuck in an old mindset, implying bitcoin is only used for money laundering when nothing could be further from the truth."

The WhiteCoin Foundation believes money laundering is of serious concern to the industry, and should in fact be made more difficult by the transparent nature of cryptocurrency's fundamental concepts. Had the industry been consulted, their efforts could have been bolstered. But by excluding industry from the process they risk sending a chill through the markets, and chasing away investors.

Mr. Salsman believes this short sighted approach needs to change.  

"Cryptocurrency holds great potential for the Canadian economy, our industry is desperate for skilled technical labour. But if this trend of non-discussion continues we'll see all this potential business move offshore like in so many other cases. Why they haven't considered that remains an open question."

For further information please contact:

[insert information here]

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:35:26 AM

hmmm. Not sure about that announcement. I am pro whitecoin but we need to be careful about the PR side of it. The market didn't seem to think that was big news Sad (although yes it was important news), this will give future announcements less weight in future. A 'buy now big news coming' is a whiteout whitepaper or something of that nature. Something the market will consider big news.

This is a step in the correct direction and above and beyond what most coins are doing.... but we need to appeal to the crowd. Thinking or even knowing we know better is not enough. We need their support and interest. Give them what they want. WHITEOUT - anon is all the rage right now.

CryptoSEO

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 12:48:15 AM

hmmm. Not sure about that announcement. I am pro whitecoin but we need to be careful about the PR side of it. The market didn't seem to think that was big news Sad (although yes it was important news), this will give future announcements less weight in future. A 'buy now big news coming' is a whiteout whitepaper or something of that nature. Something the market will consider big news.

This is a step in the correct direction and above and beyond what most coins are doing.... but we need to appeal to the crowd. Thinking or even knowing we know better is not enough. We need their support and interest. Give them what they want. WHITEOUT - anon is all the rage right now.

I love the prices like this cause my miner keeps adding to my WC wallet in bundles Shocked

Yes anon, void and other developments are critical and fully in discussions with Dev team atm with (mindfox - CTO WhiteCoin Foundation, Oizopower - Operations WhiteCoin Foundation etc.)  as we are all volunteers it will take some time but we are moving forward with these items carefully, especially considering the complications that anon presents technically.

Becoming a registered foundation is important, not the "wiz bang boom" that most day traders like to feed off of but for someone like myself whom invests in the longterm viability of the community/coin, it makes me quite happy.

Cheers!

WC - WU6UWL8mjj1TMjzzT7CnEL2GDcP1nUsLc3
Pages: « 1 ... 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 [545] 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 ... 634 »
  Print  

Jump to: