Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:38:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 [266] 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583018 times)
karmala

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:03:41 PM

Ok we are doing 3 things at a time again

haha thats right. I only bring this up now because it is allready rolling and if we want to hop on the train we must do it now. If you guys dont want we let the train go by

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AGcrypto

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:04:27 PM

I think the most pressing problem is the lack of coders here. Unfortunatly, we cannot magically create them by demanding it from the community.  

that and the fact that the people with "skills" seem to be the ones who don't have much Karma.. and the ones who have huge amounts of Karma are not willing or able to put their skills to use for the good of their own holdings.

it seems like 80% of the Karma is controlled by people who do not talk.. which incidentally is the reason why I don't mind if they dump..

keep on dumping and letting me buy those cheap coins until I have enough to make it worth my while to put huge amounts of effort into helping to grow the coin.

PS..

if I had a billion karma then I would be all over this coin with enthusiasm.... but since I don't have that many coins, I'm limited in how much time I can contribute. limited by how much it benefits others way more than it benefits me.

Funny now imagin if Kosmost shared your thought process. This is not directed just at you but unfortunately your thought process of why should I help if it will help others more than me is unfortunately shared by many and in my opinion goes against what Karma stands for. I truly belive Karma would be way further along if we had more selfless people volunteering their skills, even if on a small bases. A lot of small part time help from many adds up to the expidited accomplishment of projects with less stress and strain on just a small few. But in the end you can't force people to want to help they have to decide on their own if they want to help or not.
Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:13:47 PM

Funny now imagin if Kosmost shared your thought process. This is not directed just at you but unfortunately your thought process of why should I help if it will help others more than me is unfortunately shared by many and in my opinion goes against what Karma stands for. I truly belive Karma would be way further along if we had more selfless people volunteering their skills, even if on a small biases. A lot of small part time help from many adds up to the expidited accomplishment of projects with less stress and strain on just a small few. But in the end you can't force people to want to help they have to decide on their own if they want to help or not.

huge difference between me and Kosmost... He controls 8 billion Karma.. I do not.
he wants to be the leader.. I do not.

Karmashares is a business not a charity.. if they want help then they need to provide the financial incentive to get it, that is how businesses operate.

I have donated millions of my own Karma and probably hundreds of hours of my time to help this community grow.. I think it is a bit rich for people like you to judge me just because I am not inclined to put more in to help a small few grow richer.

I do what I do out of pure altruism I don't do it to make anyone else rich... nor do I claim to.

there is a huge difference between helping those less fortunate and helping people who are richer than you to become more rich.

I'm sorry you feel like I do not live up to the ideals of Karma but maybe you are the one who doesn't....  Wink

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
Bierworst

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:20:07 PM

Oh man you people are frustrating me, and you are frustrating yourself and others too.
Listen up, i study psychology, do with that information what you want, but what i do know is that you people are talking but not listening. You are all just throwing info and do this do that and there is no control at all.

If you want to finnish a project or a request there have to be clear goals set otherwise people keep getting off subject.

So first, Kosmost posted here about bringing karmX to the philipenes, 2 people activly started coding or something whatever i could make up out of the comments. Those 2 people, please write in bold letters the titel in the comment, bringing karmX to the philipenes update or whatever like that and tell us what you are doing for it at this moment and what help you request for others.

Second, the multicoin fundraiser, i responded to it and i think a good goal is 10 people who write in bold letters i support the multicoin fundraiser (and then 1/10 if you are the first person, so we have an overview how many people responded

Third, the CASHEER thing, i read about it but i dont know exactly what can be done for it. Is commenting on the link enough? Could you please pass the link and lurkers just comment on it this is 1 minute work that could possibly already ad value to Karma!!

Do with this post what you want, but you are all working like real uncontrolled, unplanned and are blaming everyone for anything.
Bierworst

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:21:45 PM

i support the multicoin fundraiser 1/10

Its a great initiative that can be completed in short time. The fundament is already set we only need to participate
p4r4m0un7

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:30:51 PM

I think the most pressing problem is the lack of coders here. Unfortunatly, we cannot magically create them by demanding it from the community.  

that and the fact that the people with "skills" seem to be the ones who don't have much Karma.. and the ones who have huge amounts of Karma are not willing or able to put their skills to use for the good of their own holdings.

it seems like 80% of the Karma is controlled by people who do not talk.. which incidentally is the reason why I don't mind if they dump..

keep on dumping and letting me buy those cheap coins until I have enough to make it worth my while to put huge amounts of effort into helping to grow the coin.

PS..

if I had a billion karma then I would be all over this coin with enthusiasm.... but since I don't have that many coins, I'm limited in how much time I can contribute. limited by how much it benefits others way more than it benefits me.

Funny now imagin if Kosmost shared your thought process. This is not directed just at you but unfortunately your thought process of why should I help if it will help others more than me is unfortunately shared by many and in my opinion goes against what Karma stands for. I truly belive Karma would be way further along if we had more selfless people volunteering their skills, even if on a small bases. A lot of small part time help from many adds up to the expidited accomplishment of projects with less stress and strain on just a small few. But in the end you can't force people to want to help they have to decide on their own if they want to help or not.

I am sure that everyone here is helping as much as he/she can. I am also sure that by growing Karma more talented people will come. But keep in mind that helping to coin and community doesn' t only mean to sit down and fill a bunch of variables or write down code. What if I ask somebody how many people he approached directly and make passionated about Karma and the answer is 0? I find it strange for you to say to someone here that he isn't doing anything or at least he is not equal to somebody else here. I am not saying it is wrong. I am saying it is strange. Do you know why? Cause more than 80% of people holding Karma and I assume shares doesn't even come here to make a single post. What do you say to them? I think that we all with no exceptions at all should appreciate everyone's contribution.

P.S. Don't be surprised that we lack talent. Most of the talented people want to see results in order to dedicate totally themselves.
ptman

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:33:25 PM

I want to help more.
I can code most languages that are used nowadays.
I just do not like to work alone.
I need someone to work with me (like I'm currently working with learminer on the Karma game), because I'm also working on other projects and I need someone to exchange ideas and also to give me extra motivation when I'm not being productive (ask about the progress, etc).

ok, ptman. I offered that to you allready in the past. We need to port Karma to bitcoinj. That is the most important part. To do so, we must first create a proper documentation of the codebase which is in c++. Socoban has allready pointed us to the constants which are unclear. So, could you start with the documentation of the code on github? And I will ask you about it every single day and you explain it to me poor java programmer Wink deal?

Holly crap! If you are gonna ask me about it every single day then I must start working on it right now!  Grin

Where is the github?

ok, first you will find this discussion very useful http://karmashares.com/forums/index.php/topic,562.15.html
github is here: https://github.com/karmateam/karma

If you can port Karma to bitcoinj..., if you have the ability to do so you must join the Karmateam! Wink
If you actually will port it to bitcoinj, I am sure that the community and llc will reward you for your efforts (also we need an oficial vote of course).

However, lets just start talking about the code and with documentation. I am eager to learn from you.

That is the github from Karma PC wallet.

Where is the github from the bitcoinj port?
Didn't someone (socoban?) already started porting bitcoinj to Karma?

What do you really want to be ported?
BitcoinJ or the Android wallet?

░███████████████████████████████████████████████████░
███████████████████████████████▒        █████████████
█████████████████████        ██▒        █▒   ▒▒▒█████
█████████████████████        ██▒        ██▒        ██
█████████████████████        ██▒     ██▒          ▒██
███████████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███        ██▒  ██▒            ▒███
██████████▒       ▒██        ████▒               ████
██████████▒       ▒██       ██            ▒██████████
████████  ▒       ▒██   ▒▓▒            ▒█████████████
██████  ██▒       ▒████▒            ██  █████████████
████▒  ███▒      ██▒            ██▒     █████████████
███▒  ████▒ ▒██▒            ▒███        █████████████
███                     ▒██▒ ██▒        █████████████
███                 ▒██      ██▒        █████████████
█████       ▒▒▓▓▓▒▒██        ██▒        █████████████
██████████▒       ▒██        ██▒        █████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████▀▒▒▒▒                       ▒▒▒▀████████████
██████▒                                    ▒█████████
░█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████░
  ICOBank 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄   ▄▄   ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄
  ICOBank: World's First 3 in 1 Token 
[   Whitepaper   ] [       ANN Thread       ]
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░
████████▀░░░▀█████████████████░
██████▀       ▀████████████████
█████  ░▄███▄  ░███████████████
████░  ██████         ░▀███████
████░  █████████████▄   ░██████
████░  ███████████████  ░░█████
████░  ██████████████▀  ░██████
████░  ██████          ░███████
█████  ██████          ░███████
█████  ▀█████████████▄  ░██████
██████  ▀█████████████  ░░█████
███████▄░  ▀▀███████▀░  ░██████
░████████▄░            ▄███████
░░█████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████▄░░
███████████████████████████░
████████████████▀▀░░░░██████
████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░██████
██████████░░░░░░░░░░░▐██████
███████▀░░░░░░░▄░░░░░▐██████
█████░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░███████
██████░░░░░░█░░░░░░░▐███████
████████▄░░█░░░░░░░░▐███████
███████████▀░░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░▄█▄▄▄░░████████
███████████░▄███████████████
░███████████████████████████
░░▀█████████████████████████

Join PRE-ICO SALE   
    ▶Exchanges
Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:40:26 PM

I am sure that everyone here is helping as much as he/she can. I am also sure that by growing Karma more talented people will come. But keep in mind that helping to coin and community doesn' t only mean to sit down and fill a bunch of variables or write down code. What if I ask somebody how many people he approached directly and make passionated about Karma and the answer is 0? I find it strange for you to say to someone here that he isn't doing anything or at least he is not equal to somebody else here. I am not saying it is wrong. I am saying it is strange. Do you know why? Cause more than 80% of people holding Karma and I assume shares doesn't even come here to make a single post. What do you say to them? I think that we all with no exceptions at all should appreciate everyone's contribution.

yeah man.. that's what I was trying to say.. there is a silent majority who sit there and expect everyone else to do the heavy lifting... that means by definition anyone who is even talking is doing more than their fair share.. and lets not forget that it is the silent majority who benefit most from all the work done by the very vocal and sometimes busy minority.

if I wanted to work like a slave just to make someone else filthy rich then I would take a regular 9 to 5 fiat job just like all the other slaves.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:43:02 PM

I dont want to open up any old books..
But we did talk about a reverse split once.
Moolah is going to activly add and remove coins.

just look at Sat2 one of the only coins to do a reverse split.
and it is also not on the list of coins that will go to V2

Sat 2 is now about 15% of the value it had before it reverse split.

unless someone can point to an example of a reverse split that was successful then I would suggest that we look at history to determine what could happen.

also Mintpal almost died, that is why they were bought out by Moolah.

do you really want to tie the fate of Karma to Mintpal, an exchange that almost destroyed MANY coins?

I for one do not want modify the core fundamentals of a coin just so that it can be tied to an exchange that has the spectre of death looming over it.

coin economies need to learn how to outgrow exchanges if they are to survive. That is a simple fact.

I know its tough but a coin must maintain its integrity if it is going to survive in this game.

we should be lucky that we are even on the Moolah V2 list.. if we didn't have our integrity then we probably wouldn't even be on that list.

Moolah have said very clearly that their desire is to weed out all the scam coins and pump and dump coins.

you might think its not a deception to reverse split a coin but others might disagree with you and thats the problem..
if moolah thinks its kinda scammy then they could easily dump us from the list.. regardless of how people feel about the ethics of reverse splitting.

quite frankly I am concerned how mintpal can just delist coins at a whim without consulting anyone... it completely smacks of market manipulation.
I am very skeptical about whether they will survive into the future, even with the backing of moolah.

You cleared so much up for me and i cant disagree at all.
But i do feel its good if we contact moolah about us, karma, as a ltc dependent coin with high volume and active development, but this is to the dev team, otherwise if its wished i will write a short email but i dont think im the best in delivering the message of Karma as the best.

In the cryptocurrencie world we are experiencing a huge problem, the problem of dilution. More coins, same total volume same miners = dilution over an endless number of coins. So i am happy moolah says it wants to activly following coins to avoid these new scam coins, which 95% of new coins are.
As Karma we must make it our task to deliver the message why people should invest and believe in karma and not in icebucketcoin (i made this one up but im sure someone is developing it right now).

If we succeed in this, our btc market will florish on its own. As fast as we reach those 20 satoshi our worry which many coins dont have (depending on ltc) are gone.

Karma karma karma...

not to bring this topic up again but to clarify some stuff.

Mintpal was purchased by moolah at its peak. At that time Mintpal had all the volume. over 2000 btcs daily. two things happened that mintpal volume dropped:
1. It declared it will stop allowing users to vote on a next coin, killing the possibilities of any scam coins to pay their way to the top.
2. It got hacked from a server vulnerability.

the 1. caused them to loose all then new scam coins volume to bittrex. Bittrex now is the place where any coins get added. hence why it has more volume then mintpal. mintpal took the volumes out of crytpsy because it was allowing any other coin to get added via voting. Mintpal was the first to introduce voting.  

the 2. caused them to loose more volume as they "finally" got hacked.  But that is the life here in the cryptoworld. every single exchange has been hacked.

Now i can't foresee the future role of Moolah and his ambition to be the best exchange but my gut feeling is telling me we should stick around for that

Also lets talk reverse split. Before i share my opinion you must agree that you can not compare SAT2 coin to karma. (sorry sat2 holders but you offer nothing that 1000 coin do not do and you got a silly name. there is no thing to be attached to )

reverse split would not help with volume. Volume would still be the same. Reverse split it's a psychological thing and helps soften the cushion of pumps and dumps. here is what i mean

psychological effect:
If you own 450 millions of coins at a price increase of %1000 percent (from 1 satoshi to 10 satoshi) you would gladly sell %10 or more of your coins . let assume 80 mills(realistically probably 100 mills or more).  you would not feel like you lost a lot of coins because you gained 8 btc profit. Unfortunately you would not be alone in this. There will be tons of other people feeling comfortably selling that many coins. Knowing that it would make it easier for you to sell because you might also understand that if only few people sell this amounts price will drop and you would be able to buy back if you chose too.

the cushion:
This makes it harder for people to invest in a fun way because you will be glued to the exchange screen because the volatility of 10 satoshi to 7 satoshi is %30. in 10 minutes, if your not paying attention your coins could be worth %30 less.
this is very dangerous if we are dealing with people who go to other coins forums and spread FUD.  Before we can provide proof that the news if baseless FUD the damage could have been done.

The point of reverse split would be as such

The psychological effect:
all of the sudden you do not own 450 millions but 4.5 millions(out of 920 millions coins total ) or if higher split then 450 , 000 coins. (out of 92 million coins total). choosing the 92 mill cap as this example. Assuming we have the same interested people then the price would be at min 1000 sat up to 18 000 sat or more. The psyhological effect would be that all of the sudden if the price rises 100 satoshis it would not make it easier for you to decide to sell of 80,000 coins for a quick profit.

the cushion:
the volatility of previous example was easy to achive a spike of 1 sat to 10 sat , or %1000 increase. at 1000 satoshi range this price would have to increase to x10 more or 10,000 satoshi. this is not something that people can fake pump it easy. it has to be organic increase. Think of how much volatility the ltc market gives to karma coin now. and it is only 100 spaces. from 50 litoshi to 150 litoshi. Imagine to have 1000 litoshi range. People will not be able to do day trading east because selling at 1100 and buying back at 1000 only gives you %1 gain

Also just like reducing fake pumps it also helps to reduce the FUD dumps. By the time the coin drops from 1000 to 500 you would have tons of hours passed. possible a day.  Giving you enough time to wait for some one to clear up the news rather then panic rush to sell coins. This is why coins with rarer total market cap have more "investors" because it is much safer to trade at that level. because even if you see coin is crushing you have tons of time ot cash out. loosing only %20 and calling a bad investment.

The problem with us is that when we consulted with our guys and Hiro , we realized that it would not be an easy thing. Hiro mentioned it could be  impossible to do it our way as we might run unto tons of problems. It would be some tedious work from some one who really understood every single mechanism of the blockchain. So while we were stressing out with how to do this or who to go to , we also were asking the public in the forum if you all can recall. When we also saw that more then half of the public were asking not to do the reverse split. I was for it , but the rest of the team decided to snip it in the but and move on to focus on other things.

So thats my thoughts on reverse split and Mintpal
p4r4m0un7

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:59:08 PM

yeah man.. that's what I was trying to say.. there is a silent majority who sit there and expect everyone else to do the heavy lifting... that means by definition anyone who is even talking is doing more than their fair share.. and lets not forget that it is the silent majority who benefit most from all the work done by the very vocal and sometimes busy minority.

if I wanted to work like a slave just to make someone else filthy rich then I would take a regular 9 to 5 fiat job just like all the other slaves.

If anyone doesn`t feel right to do what he/she is doing for Karma, then he/she can always stop doing it and the effect after this will be equal to his/her current contribution. From 270 unique addresses in Karmashares, how many are reading our threads and write here and do anything at all - 20-25? So these 20% that I have mansion are quite generous. But my point was to stop pointing with fingers and continue to do what everyone can do best and willing to do. The other way is just to become another silent member of these 80-90%. It is so simple.
Bierworst

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:08:27 PM

I dont want to open up any old books..
But we did talk about a reverse split once.
Moolah is going to activly add and remove coins.

just look at Sat2 one of the only coins to do a reverse split.
and it is also not on the list of coins that will go to V2

Sat 2 is now about 15% of the value it had before it reverse split.

unless someone can point to an example of a reverse split that was successful then I would suggest that we look at history to determine what could happen.

also Mintpal almost died, that is why they were bought out by Moolah.

do you really want to tie the fate of Karma to Mintpal, an exchange that almost destroyed MANY coins?

I for one do not want modify the core fundamentals of a coin just so that it can be tied to an exchange that has the spectre of death looming over it.

coin economies need to learn how to outgrow exchanges if they are to survive. That is a simple fact.

I know its tough but a coin must maintain its integrity if it is going to survive in this game.

we should be lucky that we are even on the Moolah V2 list.. if we didn't have our integrity then we probably wouldn't even be on that list.

Moolah have said very clearly that their desire is to weed out all the scam coins and pump and dump coins.

you might think its not a deception to reverse split a coin but others might disagree with you and thats the problem..
if moolah thinks its kinda scammy then they could easily dump us from the list.. regardless of how people feel about the ethics of reverse splitting.

quite frankly I am concerned how mintpal can just delist coins at a whim without consulting anyone... it completely smacks of market manipulation.
I am very skeptical about whether they will survive into the future, even with the backing of moolah.

You cleared so much up for me and i cant disagree at all.
But i do feel its good if we contact moolah about us, karma, as a ltc dependent coin with high volume and active development, but this is to the dev team, otherwise if its wished i will write a short email but i dont think im the best in delivering the message of Karma as the best.

In the cryptocurrencie world we are experiencing a huge problem, the problem of dilution. More coins, same total volume same miners = dilution over an endless number of coins. So i am happy moolah says it wants to activly following coins to avoid these new scam coins, which 95% of new coins are.
As Karma we must make it our task to deliver the message why people should invest and believe in karma and not in icebucketcoin (i made this one up but im sure someone is developing it right now).

If we succeed in this, our btc market will florish on its own. As fast as we reach those 20 satoshi our worry which many coins dont have (depending on ltc) are gone.

Karma karma karma...

not to bring this topic up again but to clarify some stuff.

Mintpal was purchased by moolah at its peak. At that time Mintpal had all the volume. over 2000 btcs daily. two things happened that mintpal volume dropped:
1. It declared it will stop allowing users to vote on a next coin, killing the possibilities of any scam coins to pay their way to the top.
2. It got hacked from a server vulnerability.

the 1. caused them to loose all then new scam coins volume to bittrex. Bittrex now is the place where any coins get added. hence why it has more volume then mintpal. mintpal took the volumes out of crytpsy because it was allowing any other coin to get added via voting. Mintpal was the first to introduce voting.  

the 2. caused them to loose more volume as they "finally" got hacked.  But that is the life here in the cryptoworld. every single exchange has been hacked.

Now i can't foresee the future role of Moolah and his ambition to be the best exchange but my gut feeling is telling me we should stick around for that

Also lets talk reverse split. Before i share my opinion you must agree that you can not compare SAT2 coin to karma. (sorry sat2 holders but you offer nothing that 1000 coin do not do and you got a silly name. there is no thing to be attached to )

reverse split would not help with volume. Volume would still be the same. Reverse split it's a psychological thing and helps soften the cushion of pumps and dumps. here is what i mean

psychological effect:
If you own 450 millions of coins at a price increase of %1000 percent (from 1 satoshi to 10 satoshi) you would gladly sell %10 or more of your coins . let assume 80 mills(realistically probably 100 mills or more).  you would not feel like you lost a lot of coins because you gained 8 btc profit. Unfortunately you would not be alone in this. There will be tons of other people feeling comfortably selling that many coins. Knowing that it would make it easier for you to sell because you might also understand that if only few people sell this amounts price will drop and you would be able to buy back if you chose too.

the cushion:
This makes it harder for people to invest in a fun way because you will be glued to the exchange screen because the volatility of 10 satoshi to 7 satoshi is %30. in 10 minutes, if your not paying attention your coins could be worth %30 less.
this is very dangerous if we are dealing with people who go to other coins forums and spread FUD.  Before we can provide proof that the news if baseless FUD the damage could have been done.

The point of reverse split would be as such

The psychological effect:
all of the sudden you do not own 450 millions but 4.5 millions(out of 920 millions coins total ) or if higher split then 450 , 000 coins. (out of 92 million coins total). choosing the 92 mill cap as this example. Assuming we have the same interested people then the price would be at min 1000 sat up to 18 000 sat or more. The psyhological effect would be that all of the sudden if the price rises 100 satoshis it would not make it easier for you to decide to sell of 80,000 coins for a quick profit.

the cushion:
the volatility of previous example was easy to achive a spike of 1 sat to 10 sat , or %1000 increase. at 1000 satoshi range this price would have to increase to x10 more or 10,000 satoshi. this is not something that people can fake pump it easy. it has to be organic increase. Think of how much volatility the ltc market gives to karma coin now. and it is only 100 spaces. from 50 litoshi to 150 litoshi. Imagine to have 1000 litoshi range. People will not be able to do day trading east because selling at 1100 and buying back at 1000 only gives you %1 gain

Also just like reducing fake pumps it also helps to reduce the FUD dumps. By the time the coin drops from 1000 to 500 you would have tons of hours passed. possible a day.  Giving you enough time to wait for some one to clear up the news rather then panic rush to sell coins. This is why coins with rarer total market cap have more "investors" because it is much safer to trade at that level. because even if you see coin is crushing you have tons of time ot cash out. loosing only %20 and calling a bad investment.

The problem with us is that when we consulted with our guys and Hiro , we realized that it would not be an easy thing. Hiro mentioned it could be  impossible to do it our way as we might run unto tons of problems. It would be some tedious work from some one who really understood every single mechanism of the blockchain. So while we were stressing out with how to do this or who to go to , we also were asking the public in the forum if you all can recall. When we also saw that more then half of the public were asking not to do the reverse split. I was for it , but the rest of the team decided to snip it in the but and move on to focus on other things.

So thats my thoughts on reverse split and Mintpal

1100 sell and buying back on 1000 is a 10% gain.
Nevertheless, i agree that karma is not sat2.
Following the words you said, when doing a reverse split you become dependent on organic growth, and isnt this EXACTLY what we want with Karma? At the moment we are still being abused by people wanting to make a quick profit and we are vulnerable for a quick dump. Not to mention our dependency on ltc, because anyone wanting to buy a large amount of karm would need to buy a large amount of ltc and most people hate to take that extra step. A reverse split could solve this because our price would be about 1000 satoshi, our marketcap would have to be 300$ before we reach the 1 satoshi limit, by that time im already crying in a corner so that js not going to happen.

Doing the reverse split would be a pain in the ass ofcourse, because i believe its lots of work. but all of our projects and good news stops being visible after about a week, because we are getting abused by quick profiters again. So karma has everything good, and does what a good coin needs to do, except that it feels like the projects are useless to build price because our market is manipulated. I personally believe that if this manipulation would be less, karma can grow much more.

Now i am not a programmer or anything so if you people say, a reverse split can not be done, i accept this, but if you say, it can be done, well, do it.
Nevertheless the community would have to vote again, but i think after the past week everyone can see how a dump effects the coin extemely.
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:19:21 PM

i personally would love to bring up split reverse back up. If we can not find any one comfortable enough to change our code then we can do it the same way as SAT2 and some other coins have done it .i can only think of an other coin to be summercoin - SUM which changed form SUM1-SUM2(or what is known now as NAV).

This would require us to abandon our current coin eventually. Create a brand new coin with 92 mills coins. premine the amount of all the coin that are out now already. give people 1-2 months to exchange old karma with new karma at 1000:1 ratio. return the non exchanged coins back to us and then do it manually to any one else that comes later that missed the deadline for 2-3 more months and then close the trade for good. all the remaining no exchanged coin can go to the foundation or burn them for good if the public feels it would be bad for the LLC to own the rest of the coins.

As you can see neither of these method are easy to do. because we are a POW coin. we would have to worry for two coins to have a healthy POW network while the exchange is happening. Unlike NAV & SAt2 who were pos already.

We could simply ignore this reverse split altogether and carry on with our perfectly working coin! but then in order us to blow out of the 10 satoshi walls we should stop thinking small scale and start helping Kosmot in the quest to bring the coin to a country!
Bierworst

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:30:12 PM

i personally would love to bring up split reverse back up. If we can not find any one comfortable enough to change our code then we can do it the same way as SAT2 and some other coins have done it .i can only think of an other coin to be summercoin - SUM which changed form SUM1-SUM2(or what is known now as NAV).

This would require us to abandon our current coin eventually. Create a brand new coin with 92 mills coins. premine the amount of all the coin that are out now already. give people 1-2 months to exchange old karma with new karma at 1000:1 ratio. return the non exchanged coins back to us and then do it manually to any one else that comes later that missed the deadline for 2-3 more months and then close the trade for good. all the remaining no exchanged coin can go to the foundation or burn them for good if the public feels it would be bad for the LLC to own the rest of the coins.

As you can see neither of these method are easy to do. because we are a POW coin. we would have to worry for two coins to have a healthy POW network while the exchange is happening. Unlike NAV & SAt2 who were pos already.

We could simply ignore this reverse split altogether and carry on with our perfectly working coin! but then in order us to blow out of the 10 satoshi walls we should stop thinking small scale and start helping Kosmot in the quest to bring the coin to a country!

Yeah, im constantly posting about that there should be a clear overview of who wants to do what or who is doing what. But there is no response at all, even if i ask people who are already coding something what they are doing, no response at all.
But yeah i dont know enough about crypto's to point out what has to be done, i can brainstorm and i can assign tasks if people would just email or pm their abilities to someone. And then the karma team would decide what to give as a bounty on the amount of work that has be done, proof of working on it receive 20% of the bounty. Finnish the task get the 100%
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:32:16 PM

1100 sell and buying back on 1000 is a 10% gain.
Nevertheless, i agree that karma is not sat2.
Following the words you said, when doing a reverse split you become dependent on organic growth, and isnt this EXACTLY what we want with Karma? At the moment we are still being abused by people wanting to make a quick profit and we are vulnerable for a quick dump. Not to mention our dependency on ltc, because anyone wanting to buy a large amount of karm would need to buy a large amount of ltc and most people hate to take that extra step. A reverse split could solve this because our price would be about 1000 satoshi, our marketcap would have to be 300$ before we reach the 1 satoshi limit, by that time im already crying in a corner so that js not going to happen.

Doing the reverse split would be a pain in the ass ofcourse, because i believe its lots of work. but all of our projects and good news stops being visible after about a week, because we are getting abused by quick profiters again. So karma has everything good, and does what a good coin needs to do, except that it feels like the projects are useless to build price because our market is manipulated. I personally believe that if this manipulation would be less, karma can grow much more.

Now i am not a programmer or anything so if you people say, a reverse split can not be done, i accept this, but if you say, it can be done, well, do it.
Nevertheless the community would have to vote again, but i think after the past week everyone can see how a dump effects the coin extemely.

remember thought. we were getting more then half of people voting and commenting on us not to do it at that time.

also the reserve split being brought up is my personal opinion. not the teams. Just want to clarify that. dont want to bring any misleading statements.

just trying to say we there might be options to softer the cushion so next time some one dumps billions of coins they would had to think twice and the price would not dip us back to litoshi levels.

in no way or how is the split would equate to 1000 more volume. we could have the split and still have the same $2 mill cap volume
what brings in actual volume would be big project like bringing karma to philiphines and IPOCS like lill.com

Split reverse will only help us to stay above high satoshis or in simple word secure our spot long enough until we start accomplish the real life goals.

edit: split reverse would not stop people from taking advantage of our news like they do now. they can still abuse us , but they would have to use more money (minimizing any small timers ) and if they sell they would still not hurt us bad enough to fear loss of btc market.
Bierworst

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:41:39 PM

Bitwho, you have no idea how glad i am somebody is talking to me...
I want to help Karma next to my study, i have the intelligence but i have zero programming skills and about 10% computer knowledge.
I bought Karma back in april or so? And i saw it go from 20 to 600 litoshi and back to 10 in a dump, and to me, it means something that i still believe in Karma.
So is there any wish for me in any way... 
p4r4m0un7

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:46:56 PM

I want to help Karma next to my study, i have the intelligence but i have zero programming skills and about 10% computer knowledge.
I bought Karma back in april or so? And i saw it go from 20 to 600 litoshi and back to 10 in a dump, and to me, it means something that i still believe in Karma.

My personal opinion is that Karma spiked to 600 because of Mintpal inside trading before opening BTC market and no one can make me believe other way around. I saw this 10`s of times. Previous owners did it all the time. Before they launch a new coin, buying orders are already up. And I mean at 6-7 levels. So these was their job IMO. The natural healthy price for Karma was 250-260 litoshi.
Bierworst

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:51:24 PM

My personal opinion is that Karma spiked to 600 because of Mintpal inside trading before opening BTC market and no one can make me believe other way around. I saw this 10`s of times. Previous owners did it all the time. Before they launch a new coin, buying orders are already up. And I mean at 6-7 levels. So these was their job IMO. The natural healthy price for Karma was 250-260 litoshi.

And shall i tell you about that big dump? I believe it was the company Kosmost negotiated with, they knew about Karma and they bought Karma, when they noticed kosmost was not going to sign the deal, they dumped everything, they thought they could get kosmost, lill and a big piece of their investment back by buying karmacoin and selling it on the news. Im crazy eh?
p4r4m0un7

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:02:06 PM

And shall i tell you about that big dump? I believe it was the company Kosmost negotiated with, they knew about Karma and they bought Karma, when they noticed kosmost was not going to sign the deal, they dumped everything, they thought they could get kosmost, lill and a big piece of their investment back by buying karmacoin and selling it on the news. Im crazy eh?

No offense, but It is ridiculous to think that somebody with 10 of millions will play chicken shit with Karma for several thousand dollars. This is absurd. Serious people with serious money are thinking and playing big. BTW, this is one of the reasons that Karma is happy to have kosmost. He is thinking and playing big. This is talent. We can not learn how to do it. And let`s put this deal behind and look forward. This was 2-3 days ago and I already forgot it. 2-3 days in crypto is huge. Grin
Bierworst

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:09:25 PM

No offense, but It is ridiculous to think that somebody with 10 of millions will play chicken shit with Karma for several thousand dollars. This is absurd. Serious people with serious money are thinking and playing big. BTW, this is one of the reasons that Karma is happy to have kosmost. He is thinking and playing big. This is talent. We can not learn how to do it. And let`s put this deal behind and look forward. This was 2-3 days ago and I already forgot it. 2-3 days in crypto is huge. Grin

6 billion coins where dumped. If the price would have gone up so we bad a marketcap as much as the possible deal (2.4 mill) he would have gotten 240.000$, still weird?

True, but there has to be action, action is louder than words. But im saying it again, i guess my help is not needed as i say i want to help but i cant program, but nobody wants me
karmala

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:25:57 PM

I want to help more.
I can code most languages that are used nowadays.
I just do not like to work alone.
I need someone to work with me (like I'm currently working with learminer on the Karma game), because I'm also working on other projects and I need someone to exchange ideas and also to give me extra motivation when I'm not being productive (ask about the progress, etc).

ok, ptman. I offered that to you allready in the past. We need to port Karma to bitcoinj. That is the most important part. To do so, we must first create a proper documentation of the codebase which is in c++. Socoban has allready pointed us to the constants which are unclear. So, could you start with the documentation of the code on github? And I will ask you about it every single day and you explain it to me poor java programmer Wink deal?

Holly crap! If you are gonna ask me about it every single day then I must start working on it right now!  Grin

Where is the github?

ok, first you will find this discussion very useful http://karmashares.com/forums/index.php/topic,562.15.html
github is here: https://github.com/karmateam/karma

If you can port Karma to bitcoinj..., if you have the ability to do so you must join the Karmateam! Wink
If you actually will port it to bitcoinj, I am sure that the community and llc will reward you for your efforts (also we need an oficial vote of course).

However, lets just start talking about the code and with documentation. I am eager to learn from you.

That is the github from Karma PC wallet.

Where is the github from the bitcoinj port?
Didn't someone (socoban?) already started porting bitcoinj to Karma?

What do you really want to be ported?
BitcoinJ or the Android wallet?

sorry, was away. Lets carry on this discussion in the forum. Bierworst rightfully said that the btt is not the right format. Actually, this here is just for chatting. If you want to structure a task or organize people you should use reddit and if even more structure is needed use the forum!
we need to port Karma to bitcoinj which has not be tried as socoban stated that there are some parts in the karma (wallet) code which are not documented. Please open a thread in the forum and we can start to discuss is there without the btt noise. Looking forward.

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
Pages: « 1 ... 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 [266] 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: