Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:09:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 [267] 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583018 times)
p4r4m0un7

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:30:09 PM

1100 sell and buying back on 1000 is a 10% gain.
Nevertheless, i agree that karma is not sat2.
Following the words you said, when doing a reverse split you become dependent on organic growth, and isnt this EXACTLY what we want with Karma? At the moment we are still being abused by people wanting to make a quick profit and we are vulnerable for a quick dump. Not to mention our dependency on ltc, because anyone wanting to buy a large amount of karm would need to buy a large amount of ltc and most people hate to take that extra step. A reverse split could solve this because our price would be about 1000 satoshi, our marketcap would have to be 300$ before we reach the 1 satoshi limit, by that time im already crying in a corner so that js not going to happen.

Doing the reverse split would be a pain in the ass ofcourse, because i believe its lots of work. but all of our projects and good news stops being visible after about a week, because we are getting abused by quick profiters again. So karma has everything good, and does what a good coin needs to do, except that it feels like the projects are useless to build price because our market is manipulated. I personally believe that if this manipulation would be less, karma can grow much more.

Now i am not a programmer or anything so if you people say, a reverse split can not be done, i accept this, but if you say, it can be done, well, do it.
Nevertheless the community would have to vote again, but i think after the past week everyone can see how a dump effects the coin extemely.

remember thought. we were getting more then half of people voting and commenting on us not to do it at that time.

also the reserve split being brought up is my personal opinion. not the teams. Just want to clarify that. dont want to bring any misleading statements.

just trying to say we there might be options to softer the cushion so next time some one dumps billions of coins they would had to think twice and the price would not dip us back to litoshi levels.

in no way or how is the split would equate to 1000 more volume. we could have the split and still have the same $2 mill cap volume
what brings in actual volume would be big project like bringing karma to philiphines and IPOCS like lill.com

Split reverse will only help us to stay above high satoshis or in simple word secure our spot long enough until we start accomplish the real life goals.

edit: split reverse would not stop people from taking advantage of our news like they do now. they can still abuse us , but they would have to use more money (minimizing any small timers ) and if they sell they would still not hurt us bad enough to fear loss of btc market.

Securing again BTC market was huge step. I am not sure now that Karma will not be delisted for second time. When denominating discussion was raised I was surprised why people didn`t thought about that. Why are all thinking about now, instead of tomorrow and without remembering what was yesterday? I am still strong denomination supporter, but I think we lost momentum with X11 transition. Also I am not sure what will happen if the change is not made on pure technical level without prompting for coin holders action. Actually I am quite sure that a mess will be made. Don`t forget that the majority of coin holders doesn`t even know what and how many coins they hold.
About current plans - from my experience with many coins I can draw a simple model which action what kind of gain have and how quick the effect appeared. It is actually valid for all those who have long time experience with bitcoin. Doesn`t need to follow 80-100 coins.
1. Create a coin - some value. If it is a new algo - bigger value. If it is a new less power consuming algo - the better. (Karma have good X11 algo which is no innovation, but less power consuming)
2. Create awareness - not very difficult, but time consuming and valuable. (I think we are totally failing here. If we all make posts in twitter, Facebook, G+ and forums every day, the value will definitely raise. And this is value, not the price. If more people are aware of Karma, the bigger will be the chance for somebody talented to come and do something valuable. So think about this like talent hunting program)
3. Make technical innovation - very valuable and the effect on the price comes quickly, but not steady. (I don`t recall such think in Karma ecosystem)
4. Do real integration with other services, sites, merchants, etc. - very difficult, time consuming and not exactly returning steady value and effect on awareness and price. (I am not sure if Karma has such integration)
5. Build real projects - very difficult and time consuming (Several coins has this and the value is big. Karma still have one big project with good potential and someday I am sure it will bring value)
6. Make coin to be taken as equal and even better than fiat. (No one did it. Karma is struggling to achieve this and maybe it will happen in several years).

So, everything is ahead of us and it will be exciting to see what will happen.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:45:42 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 09:22:07 PM by bitwho

Bitwho, you have no idea how glad i am somebody is talking to me...
I want to help Karma next to my study, i have the intelligence but i have zero programming skills and about 10% computer knowledge.
I bought Karma back in april or so? And i saw it go from 20 to 600 litoshi and back to 10 in a dump, and to me, it means something that i still believe in Karma.
So is there any wish for me in any way...  

My personal opinion is that Karma spiked to 600 because of Mintpal inside trading before opening BTC market and no one can make me believe other way around. I saw this 10`s of times. Previous owners did it all the time. Before they launch a new coin, buying orders are already up. And I mean at 6-7 levels. So these was their job IMO. The natural healthy price for Karma was 250-260 litoshi.

And shall i tell you about that big dump? I believe it was the company Kosmost negotiated with, they knew about Karma and they bought Karma, when they noticed kosmost was not going to sign the deal, they dumped everything, they thought they could get kosmost, lill and a big piece of their investment back by buying karmacoin and selling it on the news. Im crazy eh?

It would not make sense to be inside trading from the VC. The VC wanted the search engine and the lill.com name domain. Kosmost never showed that VC was into Cryptocoins. even if they were. there were no trace volume of billion of karma bought at the prices before the deal. during the deal and just before the deal.

Since we have no other information all we can say at best it was some one who just decided to cash out , carelessly of gain.

the only extreme but would make sense somewhat economically the person dumped could have been some one who mined karma from the beginning and also bought when karma was at 14 litoshi levels. Cashing out from some gains and being done with karma

lets not waste anymore effort in speculations. the dump proved that some could crush the price down , and it proved that karmanins could handle that dump amount so far.

Unfortunatelly , the psychological effect is that people got a test of the 30 litoshi price and think they can sell at 80 litoshi with gain. also buyers dont feel like they miss the train if they place their order much lower then 120 litoshi level we had stabilized days before the dump. this will take some time to recover back up because who bought back at 30 litoshi will gladly sell back at 90 litoshis. eventually those coins will spread back around and then it will become hard to buy coin at such low prices and the buyers will start raising their buy in prices

p4r4m0un7

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:14:10 PM

Guys, guys, this is to the past. No one believes it. Forget it. Let`s think of something wise with no speculations. Actually bitwho, I am really curious to find out what Karma team members think about my proposals for penalty mechanism and updated PoC model. Be acerbic about them please.  Grin Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579973.msg8650222#msg8650222

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579973.msg8650705#msg8650705
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:21:01 PM

I want to help Karma next to my study, i have the intelligence but i have zero programming skills and about 10% computer knowledge.
I bought Karma back in april or so? And i saw it go from 20 to 600 litoshi and back to 10 in a dump, and to me, it means something that i still believe in Karma.

im sorry you felt this way. Usually the team is friendly and very open to talk about everything.

Remember that we just went through some rough drama regarding POC and SEC and now Lill.com deal.  Me Kosmot & Shawn were the first wave from the beginning when decided to take it over and start plans to actual doing something to change the fate of this coin. that was many months ago. shortly few day after more people joined. People on our team who post here have been with us for months. This is not about me say they are exhausted , cuz they are. but they still show up everyday . But i would understand why the silence recently. Why wouldn't they ,when all of the sudden the community is allowing some people here to bluntly start calling out scam and other accusation towards the team it make sense that they all have stopped responding here altogether. Now that the storm is over i am sure more will start being more active here

Nothing has changed on the back ground. Just there was is no point to post anything because words would been twisted and thrown right back at them
Bierworst

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:31:44 PM

im sorry you felt this way. Usually the team is friendly and very open to talk about everything.

Remember that we just went through some rough drama regarding POC and SEC and now Lill.com deal.  Me Kosmot & Shawn were the first wave from the beginning when decided to take it over and start plans to actual doing something to change the fate of this coin. that was many months ago. shortly few day after more people joined. People on our team who post here have been with us for months. This is not about me say they are exhausted , cuz they are. but they still show up everyday . But i would understand why the silence recently. Why wouldn't they ,when all of the sudden the community is allowing some people here to bluntly start calling out scam and other accusation towards the team it make sense that they all have stopped responding here altogether. Now that the storm is over i am sure more will start being more active here

Nothing has changed on the back ground. Just there was is no point to post anything because words would been twisted and thrown right back at them

Im not blaming them, the accusations were harsh. But they will read this i think and they should know that the people now active here, have full on trust in the devs and we want to help karma. You people are tne ones who know best what needs to be done, we are here to help execute it:).
So whenever you are ready for it, lead us.

bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:43:24 PM

This is to continue the discussion about the PoC model. If I missed similar idea, please excuse me. I think that PoC model should be improved in some way. If it is possible, it should be kept, but changed. I suggest to raise the holding period to 6 months and 75 million coins (yes, raise). And also to assure that no exchange will take advantage of other people coins, I suggest that investment of 5 million KARMA should be send to dedicated address at least 3 months before any deal is announced or closed - we can discuss this term. This address could be same as KARMASHARES address - open for everyone to look at it. This way anyone can see which address is eligible for any profit. First see it at this special list and then look at the block explorer to see when the transaction was made. You know that I am strong supporter of the small investors and miners, but I have learned some lessons from the recent events. This 5 million coins can never be withdrawn and also can be used for Karma funding.

If such decision is taken, I am willing to update such list. Not holding the coins of course, just updating the list.

All that will read my proposal. Please focus on how to improve PoC model, not on should it be removed or not. The discussion is not focused on kill or keep PoC.
OK. i'll bite. i am replying because i would like to share my thoughts with you.I want everyone to know that i stand behind the team and unless we hire some licensed SEC lawyer then i would not push for any POC solution . At this moment i personally consider POC terminated and on hold until it is legally cleared to offered.

Now to you reply:
please break it down a bit clearly not sure i understand it whole.

from what i do understand , here are my thoughts.

i can't agree with 75 millions. its too much. our aim is to reach minimum 500 sat price. at 10 satoshis this would be 7.5 btc worth to invest. its too much. but the public can vote on that. so we can have a general public consensus

i would like a period of 3 months or more. I also remember reading some one suggesting linear growth payments. Instead of getting the share point all at once. let say those 75 mills. some one hold them in POC then they would get %10 of the shares a week. So first day 75,000,000 x (1/1000)(x %10) , next week 75,000,000 x (1/1000)(x %20) and so one. POC was not created so anyone outside the LLC could benefit equally. it was created so we do not let non LLC members out of the loop. It was a way to provide them one more option then just trading the coins for BTC or LTC. We gave them an option to also be able to hold them for some gains. because by holding them you are helping the LLC buy not selling your coins killing the price. by not aiding in killing the momentum as reward you will receive some profit gains. In no way was there a plan to make POC holder to get equal rights to the LLC.

the LLC was created to be exclusive to who believed in the team and wanted karma to succeed. i think people should thank Kosmost for making the POC x1 rate. i think that is generous of him. : )

kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 10:03:40 PM

Funny now imagin if Kosmost shared your thought process. This is not directed just at you but unfortunately your thought process of why should I help if it will help others more than me is unfortunately shared by many and in my opinion goes against what Karma stands for. I truly belive Karma would be way further along if we had more selfless people volunteering their skills, even if on a small biases. A lot of small part time help from many adds up to the expidited accomplishment of projects with less stress and strain on just a small few. But in the end you can't force people to want to help they have to decide on their own if they want to help or not.

huge difference between me and Kosmost... He controls 8 billion Karma.. I do not.
he wants to be the leader.. I do not.

Karmashares is a business not a charity.. if they want help then they need to provide the financial incentive to get it, that is how businesses operate.

I have donated millions of my own Karma and probably hundreds of hours of my time to help this community grow.. I think it is a bit rich for people like you to judge me just because I am not inclined to put more in to help a small few grow richer.

I do what I do out of pure altruism I don't do it to make anyone else rich... nor do I claim to.

there is a huge difference between helping those less fortunate and helping people who are richer than you to become more rich.

I'm sorry you feel like I do not live up to the ideals of Karma but maybe you are the one who doesn't....  Wink

We're talking about helping Karma  not Karmashares.

And may I ask why you get the impression that I "want to be the leader"? I see myself as someone who just tries to do what needs to be done and take action. But of course we would not want to take action alone.

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:15:32 PM

I am also proposing a penalty model to be discussed and voted. You all know that I have big mouth and sometimes I don't think before I speak and because of this maybe I have insulted someone. This is why I find myself a proper guy to propose a penalty model Grin. You all know that we have Code of conduct and everyone should stick to it, no matter who he is or think he is. Me, personally, I often dream that I am Yoda or at least Luke. But when I wake up, it seems that I can not move objects with a look at it. So, I suggest that if somebody insult Karma team member, a vote to be made in our forum. If the vote decides, this guy should be removed from profit sharing list for let's say 3 months. The vote can decide penalty only with at least 10 votes and 3/4 of the votes. This will mean that there are enough karmashare members that think somebody's behavior is not the Karma way.
Let's brainstorm on this. Shall we?

I find it unacceptable for someone to offend Karma team members. This story from past 2 days must never happen again. Most of the time these guys don`t even have personal time because of our interest. If we are not able to help them for any reason, it is imperative not to disrespect them at least.

I for one was all about let them say what they want and i will slowly and calmly show them that they are wrong. But recently i can't seem to find a way to start to explain a basic accusation of some one saying "scam!"  When a person doesn't provide proof or a theory why he feels this is scam then i can not provide argument base to that conversation.

If some one makes personal insults , well that will show their level of communicating.

Life is not black and white so i dont think we should control this. I would hope the community would unite together and point out the facts why this person is behaving irrational.

To me Code of Conduct was not created to  punish some one on their first account but to give us some basic and common agreement how to deal with some one who is constantly abusing them.

people have heated discussions.They loose the moment and say insulting words. Our job as a community is to let them know that they are crossing the line. We are not a nany state. if they want to go at it with name caling them they should be urged to take it private by PMs or what ever.

I would urge the community to get involved and calm everyone. Dont wait for some one like Kosmost to come and deal with it. Kosmost time is precious and it should not be spend typing paragraphs or paragraphs why some one should stop behaving.

As far as FUD. FUD is not tolerance. anything FUD should be removed completely.

things like " karma is dead!"  is considered FUD and should be removed immediately. it is baseless and fact less accusation. its negative and could hurt investors. On the other hand things like "Karma is going to the moon!" will be allowed not because it profits us but it a harmless sentimentalization. No investor is going to panic sell to that. Topic like " karma is going to blow in two days!!" is considered FUDish. unless you word it as a form of an opinion or questions specific actions about something. example  " is karma going to blow in two day?"  would be okay.

Unlike personal attacks. a FUD topic could hurt tons of people and it needs to be removed.

that is my opinion in regard the karma share forum. regarding the forum here we can not control this. we can only unite and a communirt and bury the FUD comments down.
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 10:30:34 PM

i personally would love to bring up split reverse back up. If we can not find any one comfortable enough to change our code then we can do it the same way as SAT2 and some other coins have done it .i can only think of an other coin to be summercoin - SUM which changed form SUM1-SUM2(or what is known now as NAV).

This would require us to abandon our current coin eventually. Create a brand new coin with 92 mills coins. premine the amount of all the coin that are out now already. give people 1-2 months to exchange old karma with new karma at 1000:1 ratio. return the non exchanged coins back to us and then do it manually to any one else that comes later that missed the deadline for 2-3 more months and then close the trade for good. all the remaining no exchanged coin can go to the foundation or burn them for good if the public feels it would be bad for the LLC to own the rest of the coins.

As you can see neither of these method are easy to do. because we are a POW coin. we would have to worry for two coins to have a healthy POW network while the exchange is happening. Unlike NAV & SAt2 who were pos already.

We could simply ignore this reverse split altogether and carry on with our perfectly working coin! but then in order us to blow out of the 10 satoshi walls we should stop thinking small scale and start helping Kosmot in the quest to bring the coin to a country!

Yeah, im constantly posting about that there should be a clear overview of who wants to do what or who is doing what. But there is no response at all, even if i ask people who are already coding something what they are doing, no response at all.
But yeah i dont know enough about crypto's to point out what has to be done, i can brainstorm and i can assign tasks if people would just email or pm their abilities to someone. And then the karma team would decide what to give as a bounty on the amount of work that has be done, proof of working on it receive 20% of the bounty. Finnish the task get the 100%

Imagine how I feel Smiley

We've already tried bounties. They don't seem to work. Remember when I created bounties for individual tasks? (We were still having trouble finding people to lift a finger even back then) Not a single person responded, and there were several bounties going. These were simple things that just about anyone could do, not coding-specific. And it wasn't the first time we did something like that.

Whenever I hear that people can't help because they can't code I do a mental facepalm. You don't need to code in order to help. It's just a lousy excuse, really.

I could have easily said the same thing, and it would be true. I do not code. But I just figured out how to do what needed to be done because I care that much about Karma (Lill was the first website I needed coding help on). Install a database? Done! Make some graphics? Done! Write some text? Done! See how easy Google+Desire can be? All that and 8+ hours of sleep and a full-time job, gf, and social life! Wow.. imagine what others can do?

Coding is not the only thing that needs to be done.

There is planning, marketing, networking, researching, writing, etc., etc., etc

Perhaps I will just do what everyone else does?

bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:31:34 PM

I want to help more.
I can code most languages that are used nowadays.
I just do not like to work alone.
I need someone to work with me (like I'm currently working with learminer on the Karma game), because I'm also working on other projects and I need someone to exchange ideas and also to give me extra motivation when I'm not being productive (ask about the progress, etc).

ok, ptman. I offered that to you allready in the past. We need to port Karma to bitcoinj. That is the most important part. To do so, we must first create a proper documentation of the codebase which is in c++. Socoban has allready pointed us to the constants which are unclear. So, could you start with the documentation of the code on github? And I will ask you about it every single day and you explain it to me poor java programmer Wink deal?

Holly crap! If you are gonna ask me about it every single day then I must start working on it right now!  Grin

Where is the github?

ok, first you will find this discussion very useful http://karmashares.com/forums/index.php/topic,562.15.html
github is here: https://github.com/karmateam/karma

If you can port Karma to bitcoinj..., if you have the ability to do so you must join the Karmateam! Wink
If you actually will port it to bitcoinj, I am sure that the community and llc will reward you for your efforts (also we need an oficial vote of course).

However, lets just start talking about the code and with documentation. I am eager to learn from you.

dear ptman.
i have just recently started a collaboration dev group. i msged you in here and in the karmashare forum. that is exactly why i created that group. Coding is better if you have people to talk to . we're looking for people uniting to work on karma. you were invited since almost a week.  http://karmashares.com/forums/index.php?topic=577.new#new

check your pms
: )
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 10:35:07 PM

My personal opinion is that Karma spiked to 600 because of Mintpal inside trading before opening BTC market and no one can make me believe other way around. I saw this 10`s of times. Previous owners did it all the time. Before they launch a new coin, buying orders are already up. And I mean at 6-7 levels. So these was their job IMO. The natural healthy price for Karma was 250-260 litoshi.

And shall i tell you about that big dump? I believe it was the company Kosmost negotiated with, they knew about Karma and they bought Karma, when they noticed kosmost was not going to sign the deal, they dumped everything, they thought they could get kosmost, lill and a big piece of their investment back by buying karmacoin and selling it on the news. Im crazy eh?

Yeah, crazy. Especially considering the 1 person I dealt with doesn't even wake up for less than 7 figures. Not everyone gets excited by a few thousand dollars, or even tens of thousands. These are people who reach in their wallet for a tip without looking at what they're picking out, or don't ask for the price when ordering a bottle of wine off the menu. Totally different kind of thinking going on there.

And at the end of the day, 99.999% of the population doesn't give a rat's bottom about cryptocurrency other than Bitcoin. Hopefully that will change, but that's the current reality.

But thanks for the colorful bit of imagination!

Bierworst

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:42:19 PM

i personally would love to bring up split reverse back up. If we can not find any one comfortable enough to change our code then we can do it the same way as SAT2 and some other coins have done it .i can only think of an other coin to be summercoin - SUM which changed form SUM1-SUM2(or what is known now as NAV).

This would require us to abandon our current coin eventually. Create a brand new coin with 92 mills coins. premine the amount of all the coin that are out now already. give people 1-2 months to exchange old karma with new karma at 1000:1 ratio. return the non exchanged coins back to us and then do it manually to any one else that comes later that missed the deadline for 2-3 more months and then close the trade for good. all the remaining no exchanged coin can go to the foundation or burn them for good if the public feels it would be bad for the LLC to own the rest of the coins.

As you can see neither of these method are easy to do. because we are a POW coin. we would have to worry for two coins to have a healthy POW network while the exchange is happening. Unlike NAV & SAt2 who were pos already.

We could simply ignore this reverse split altogether and carry on with our perfectly working coin! but then in order us to blow out of the 10 satoshi walls we should stop thinking small scale and start helping Kosmot in the quest to bring the coin to a country!

Yeah, im constantly posting about that there should be a clear overview of who wants to do what or who is doing what. But there is no response at all, even if i ask people who are already coding something what they are doing, no response at all.
But yeah i dont know enough about crypto's to point out what has to be done, i can brainstorm and i can assign tasks if people would just email or pm their abilities to someone. And then the karma team would decide what to give as a bounty on the amount of work that has be done, proof of working on it receive 20% of the bounty. Finnish the task get the 100%

Imagine how I feel Smiley

We've already tried bounties. They don't seem to work. Remember when I created bounties for individual tasks? (We were still having trouble finding people to lift a finger even back then) Not a single person responded, and there were several bounties going. These were simple things that just about anyone could do, not coding-specific. And it wasn't the first time we did something like that.

Whenever I hear that people can't help because they can't code I do a mental facepalm. You don't need to code in order to help. It's just a lousy excuse, really.

I could have easily said the same thing, and it would be true. I do not code. But I just figured out how to do what needed to be done because I care that much about Karma (Lill was the first website I needed coding help on). Install a database? Done! Make some graphics? Done! Write some text? Done! See how easy Google+Desire can be? All that and 8+ hours of sleep and a full-time job, gf, and social life! Wow.. imagine what others can do?

Coding is not the only thing that needs to be done.

There is planning, marketing, networking, researching, writing, etc., etc., etc

Perhaps I will just do what everyone else does?

Kosmost, im happy to do tasks that do not involve coding. Im good with words although i type fast on the forum and screw up spelling etc. Im a peoples person and i find it easy to know fast what people want in terms of projects that get people interested in karma to make kt likeable. So im wanting to help on projects but what i do need is people who already do this kind of stuff to talk to, where they need help in so i can support them with this.

Cheers
Fitamp

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:00:42 PM

Anyone working on any android projects?

I am a senior member in the xda developers forums. (Was previously developing ROMs in the past)
You can checkout my profile here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=4554955

Need some help? Send me a PM  Grin
p4r4m0un7

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:24:34 PM

This is to continue the discussion about the PoC model. If I missed similar idea, please excuse me. I think that PoC model should be improved in some way. If it is possible, it should be kept, but changed. I suggest to raise the holding period to 6 months and 75 million coins (yes, raise). And also to assure that no exchange will take advantage of other people coins, I suggest that investment of 5 million KARMA should be send to dedicated address at least 3 months before any deal is announced or closed - we can discuss this term. This address could be same as KARMASHARES address - open for everyone to look at it. This way anyone can see which address is eligible for any profit. First see it at this special list and then look at the block explorer to see when the transaction was made. You know that I am strong supporter of the small investors and miners, but I have learned some lessons from the recent events. This 5 million coins can never be withdrawn and also can be used for Karma funding.

If such decision is taken, I am willing to update such list. Not holding the coins of course, just updating the list.

All that will read my proposal. Please focus on how to improve PoC model, not on should it be removed or not. The discussion is not focused on kill or keep PoC.
OK. i'll bite. i am replying because i would like to share my thoughts with you.I want everyone to know that i stand behind the team and unless we hire some licensed SEC lawyer then i would not push for any POC solution . At this moment i personally consider POC terminated and on hold until it is legally cleared to offered.

Now to you reply:
please break it down a bit clearly not sure i understand it whole.

from what i do understand , here are my thoughts.

i can't agree with 75 millions. its too much. our aim is to reach minimum 500 sat price. at 10 satoshis this would be 7.5 btc worth to invest. its too much. but the public can vote on that. so we can have a general public consensus

i would like a period of 3 months or more. I also remember reading some one suggesting linear growth payments. Instead of getting the share point all at once. let say those 75 mills. some one hold them in POC then they would get %10 of the shares a week. So first day 75,000,000 x (1/1000)(x %10) , next week 75,000,000 x (1/1000)(x %20) and so one. POC was not created so anyone outside the LLC could benefit equally. it was created so we do not let non LLC members out of the loop. It was a way to provide them one more option then just trading the coins for BTC or LTC. We gave them an option to also be able to hold them for some gains. because by holding them you are helping the LLC buy not selling your coins killing the price. by not aiding in killing the momentum as reward you will receive some profit gains. In no way was there a plan to make POC holder to get equal rights to the LLC.

the LLC was created to be exclusive to who believed in the team and wanted karma to succeed. i think people should thank Kosmost for making the POC x1 rate. i think that is generous of him. : )

Thank you for sharing this. I will continue to think about the model. As far as you have said that is terminated, we all accept it cause it was already voted. If there is a legal solution and will, maybe, just maybe it will be reopened. We understand this.
p4r4m0un7

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:35:28 PM

I am also proposing a penalty model to be discussed and voted. You all know that I have big mouth and sometimes I don't think before I speak and because of this maybe I have insulted someone. This is why I find myself a proper guy to propose a penalty model Grin. You all know that we have Code of conduct and everyone should stick to it, no matter who he is or think he is. Me, personally, I often dream that I am Yoda or at least Luke. But when I wake up, it seems that I can not move objects with a look at it. So, I suggest that if somebody insult Karma team member, a vote to be made in our forum. If the vote decides, this guy should be removed from profit sharing list for let's say 3 months. The vote can decide penalty only with at least 10 votes and 3/4 of the votes. This will mean that there are enough karmashare members that think somebody's behavior is not the Karma way.
Let's brainstorm on this. Shall we?

I find it unacceptable for someone to offend Karma team members. This story from past 2 days must never happen again. Most of the time these guys don`t even have personal time because of our interest. If we are not able to help them for any reason, it is imperative not to disrespect them at least.

I for one was all about let them say what they want and i will slowly and calmly show them that they are wrong. But recently i can't seem to find a way to start to explain a basic accusation of some one saying "scam!"  When a person doesn't provide proof or a theory why he feels this is scam then i can not provide argument base to that conversation.

If some one makes personal insults , well that will show their level of communicating.

Life is not black and white so i dont think we should control this. I would hope the community would unite together and point out the facts why this person is behaving irrational.

To me Code of Conduct was not created to  punish some one on their first account but to give us some basic and common agreement how to deal with some one who is constantly abusing them.

people have heated discussions.They loose the moment and say insulting words. Our job as a community is to let them know that they are crossing the line. We are not a nany state. if they want to go at it with name caling them they should be urged to take it private by PMs or what ever.

I would urge the community to get involved and calm everyone. Dont wait for some one like Kosmost to come and deal with it. Kosmost time is precious and it should not be spend typing paragraphs or paragraphs why some one should stop behaving.

As far as FUD. FUD is not tolerance. anything FUD should be removed completely.

things like " karma is dead!"  is considered FUD and should be removed immediately. it is baseless and fact less accusation. its negative and could hurt investors. On the other hand things like "Karma is going to the moon!" will be allowed not because it profits us but it a harmless sentimentalization. No investor is going to panic sell to that. Topic like " karma is going to blow in two days!!" is considered FUDish. unless you word it as a form of an opinion or questions specific actions about something. example  " is karma going to blow in two day?"  would be okay.

Unlike personal attacks. a FUD topic could hurt tons of people and it needs to be removed.

that is my opinion in regard the karma share forum. regarding the forum here we can not control this. we can only unite and a communirt and bury the FUD comments down.

OK, if you don't agree on penalty system, how about all of the discussions on important matters that needs LLC members attention to be made only in Karmashares forum? And only final results to be shared. I know that you all are too generous about your thinking and doings and you want everything to be in public. Free speech is the best way to communicate, but that doesn`t mean that everyone can call somebody names and throw empty accusations with no meaning at all. But there will be always someone who will ignite and burn on sensitive matters, so some kind of barrier should be made. No one should insult Karma team member.
p4r4m0un7

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:49:51 PM

I am a senior member in the xda developers forums. (Was previously developing ROMs in the past)
You can checkout my profile here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=4554955

Can you develop nice Android wallet for us? And are you willing to do it for 10 million Karma?
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:52:37 PM

Can you develop nice Android wallet for us? And are you willing to do it for 10 million Karma?

this is the perfect time for those who owns billions of karma to step in and collect a bounty. I bet just like before it will go into def ears

Fitamp

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:11:20 AM

I can look into it, I'd need to gather some resources though (some opensource stuffs)... Anything that you'd recommend?
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:22:57 AM

Thinking about setting up a local p2pool node and I need some help :/

you should contact user altcoingood from both here and www.reddit.com/u/altcoingood

he is running the p2p pool

i'm sure he will be eager to help

cheers
Fitamp

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:28:38 AM

Thinking about setting up a local p2pool node and I need some help :/

you should contact user alt[Suspicious link removed]d from both here and www.reddit.com/u/alt[Suspicious link removed]d

he is running the p2p pool

i'm sure he will be eager to help

cheers
I found his karma-p2pool on github but his networks.py for Karma isn't included in his source.
But thank you, I will reach out to him shortly.
Pages: « 1 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 [267] 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: