Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:44:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583018 times)
mouseman

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:00:06 PM

http://www.cointelegraph.com/news/112440/indonesian-and-filipino-startups-striving-to-bring-bitcoin-to-the-mass

Also don't forget Indonesia...
Check this: http://www.reddit.com/r/Karmashares/comments/2d7yol/the_developing_world_karmas_opportunity_for/
Seems we have someone who's willing to do some work there...

Some numbers for Philippines http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-philippines-numbers/

Those 2 markets are really a good fit for Karma.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:56:51 PM

i understand why some of you feel the pressure of kosmot posting about "not talking about price" but his post are not authoritarian he wants you all to know that if the amount of effort is put into discussing price speculation is no were near the amount of time the community puts into making social post about karma, or helping brainstorm what else to do. Some of the projects were not Kosmost ideas but actual community members. IF we all start focusing and share some opinions on how or why should also pursue this path could spark up and other great project.

look at our tweets. Tweets about karma has decreased. No one is doing giveaways. no one is promoting karma as much either. i doubt anyone is using lill.com. Karmashare.me the social engine is not being used at all. less and less people are posting in the karmashare.com forums.

so it is understandable why he would come and mention how little help it is to us talking about price when we are lacking basic help.  

There was period of months that only the karma team was doing all the posts. That is exhausting when fewer then 20 people are left do to all this. I am sad to admit that even I have stopped posting about karma in the r/karmteam. I for one feel bad not making a reassuring post giving redditors some insight views on the recent sells and assure them that nothing bad has happened to explain this sells. A single post as that is much more helpful then wasting time in price.

i feel like people have put all their faith to the team and now just sit there and wait for the moon. Unfortunately, it does work that way. Numerous of times i and the team has come public and reminding people that more and more needs to be involved. together we are stronger. everyone knows this but little do they practice.

The team is not made of whales and big corporate guys. It made of people like you, who was wondering why no one was making post and helping karma spread in news. The team is no different then anyone here. Not all of them are coders and they didn't allow that excuse to not join and help. I could even guess that the average of coin we hold could be 100 mills. yes. take all of the "whale" team members  add their coins divide by the number of us and it could easily be bellow 100 mills.  And that amount is shrinking as they pick up all the fees of services. do giveaways and set up bounties.

We have the perfect name of a coin. Its very marketable and it self explanatory. As long and we focus it on good, we will make it.

The community makes the coin. How many time i have repeated this.

I know some of you want to help but you feel like you have no "coding" skills or you think the team is too selective and it would be pointless. but the truth is that your making an excuse for yourself and your not allowing yourself to at least try. It all start with a simple question that kosmost keeps stating . just ask "How can i help?"  that is all

I felt the same way before. I mined 200 mill coin on the first day ,feb 4th , and i was sitting back and waiting and watching. talking about prices. then i realized that no one else was focusing on expanding the coin to help spread the news about a new coin with a beautiful name and purpose to reward those who do good. i didnt want to help at all. i was a small fish at the time too, while others were mining in billions a day. but i couldn't sit there allow this coin to be used for just instamined and dumped in the exchange.

I really didnt want to do anything. But i didnt feel comfortable from the lack of anyone getting involved. I got that itch and i couldn't sit still. Many times behind the curtains i have brought up the subject to kosmot of how i am tired and i am going to quit. Ask him. they even joke sometimes"quitting again?" but that itch does not allow me to rest and watch like most of you here. That itch of "why isn't this getting done yet?" or "how come no one is helping kosmost with this?" ,"why are people allowing this person to post this here? " "why can't we improve this?"

I have felt many times unworthy of working under kosmost, feeling like i am lagging him back. Never even coming close to being as organized and finish my goals as fast as he does %1 of his tasks. Manny times frustrated that i can't keep up and ready to quit when Kosmost asks for the status on my task. But that itch doesnt allow me. Because i can't quit because he needs any help he can get and my karmanians depends on it.

I am sure Kosmost feel the same way. He had the itch and could sit still watch nothing being done. It's true. He never set to be "the leader" we consider him. His Itch in his stomach , not feeling comfortable watching nothing being done is what pushed him to do things. The way he performed is what outshine from all of us and earned our nod.

You can look back in public post as both me and him drilled karmacoingood with question about what next. When we realized he had no plans , we stepped forward and started to organize and create what we have now.

So please next time you fell like "you want to help" before posting that sentence ask yourself : Do you want to help or do you need help?
Wanting is a desire that fades away. Needing is a dark void that doesn't get filled easy.
because if you feel you need to help, then it wont matter what level your "skills" are

So how about it? Do you got the Karma's itch?  
TheLittleDuke
Legendary

Activity: 1024
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 07:00:32 PM

Has anyone validated that the LLC is real?

Should be able to see that from the Secretary of State website.

All I see is that its "planned" or in process -- which is suspicious since all it takes is one day to file.

It's Better 2GIVE
https://2Give.Info
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:04:43 PM

All I see is that its "planned" or in process -- which is suspicious since all it takes is one day to file.

this question has been answered. Did you really put any effort to do a search at all?
: )
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:09:27 PM

this question has been answered. Did you really put any effort to do a search at all?
: )

dont want to sound bad but it is something that has been  known for a while. made tons of exciting post and has been recently talked about it...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Karmashares+LLC+Wyoming
kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 07:14:11 PM

Quoted from our reddit, this person knows what he is talking about.

"Remittance Indonesia is much like Philippines. We have a lot of people working abroad mostly as blue-collars. Data from 2013 showed the remittance values is around USD 9.6 millions which roughly 30% of national foreign income. Workers in Saudi Arabia is the number 1 sender following by worker in Korea.
[snip]

A link to the original post here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Karmashares/comments/2d7yol/the_developing_world_karmas_opportunity_for/cjvhox0

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 07:15:49 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 07:47:29 PM by kosmost

However, I have asked Maurizio for a clear explanation why they think anything has been scammed ... no response. He should be more ashamed about not being able to offer an explanation than insulting another member (me) but obviously the lack of explanation for his statement does not bother him.

How the table turns..... several people have asked for  a clear explanation why they think anything has not   been a huge scam ... no response. He should be more ashamed about not being able to offer an explanation than insulting another members (all of us ) obviously the lack of explanation for his statement brings serious doubt and mistrust in the karma team.

Thanks for the reminder regarding my asking Maurizio why he thinks that way.

I guess it's easier to think that I am ignoring critical feedback, rather than for the person that I responded to to reply back Smiley

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 07:17:30 PM

Yes.. very suspicious!

Actually, it takes more than a day to file. Wyoming accepts applications by post only (not over the internet). Just fyi

TheLittleDuke
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 07:21:30 PM

Yes.. very suspicious!

Actually, it takes more than a day to file. Wyoming accepts applications by post only (not over the internet). Just fyi

The front page of this thread says " It is currently forming in the state of Wyoming, "

Why not take credit for it?

https://wyobiz.wy.gov/business/FilingDetails.aspx?eFNum=246229136064038174204147173144118117246130251192

FWIW, Takes even longer to register your security with the SEC  Tongue

Which from all outward appearances it sure looks like that's what you're offering IMHO...

It's Better 2GIVE
Bierworst

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:35:05 PM

If you want people to get involved into karma related products you first have to make sure they will buy karm.
So i have been looking at what brought us a big amount of karma in 'fundraising' and i thought of the karma world cup. Now, to bet on a football outcome is a huge step, because people have to choose something but they rather want it to be random. The karmaworldcup was a succes, i think. So i suggest to you...

the karma lottery fundraiser!!!

Supporting good causes doesn't have to be dull...
With only 0.06$ you can win money AND support a good cause.
The Karma lottery is here for doing good, but also thanks you with a possible reward.
How can you participate?
A ticket costs only 20.000 Karma, at current exchange rate that is about 0.06$
The only thing you have to do is decide how much tickets you want to buy, multiply that number with 20.000 and send that amount to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx well make sure every 20.000 karma gets a separate number.
In 30 days, there will be chosen 20 random numbers out of the total amount of tickets sold. 1st ticket ticket chosen is 1st place, 2nd ticket 2nd place etc... The price money is distributed as followed
1st price: 20% of the price pot (now referred to as 'opp')
2nd price: 12% opp
3th place : 8% opp
4th to 10th place: 3% opp
11th to 20th place: 1.5% opp.

76% of the pot will be given to contesters, so what happens with the other 24%

20% will be given to a charity of our choice, if the community has a strong desire for a cause this one will be chosen.
4% will be given to the karmashares llc so secure the coins infrastructure.

As you see, your ticket price is depending on the price of karma, SO BE FAST!
You can participate with a limitless amount of tickets.

The price will be paid out in Karma, so the address your coins are send with will be the address your price will be send too. It is completely anonymous but the list of contesters will  be open to public and will be updated every 48 hours.

Good luck and remember, doing good is good!

Well, any comments? We make karma known, we add pressure on the market, we add value to karma as more people know about it and it could possibly grow our community with members we are looking for.

Please comment to this as it is sad if an idea gets no response, this idea is simpel... Should distribute itself because more people participating is a larger price pot.
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 07:45:28 PM

Excuse me, this will be my first post. Though I am a long time Karma "supporter". I have several hundred millions of them and I exchanged some too for karmashares.

I am happy that, a good named coin like KARMA has survived and proved that the community that took it over is not a scam and showed genuine concern for it and the people who trusted them.
Now, because of the recent events, the vibes I can read in this thread has gone to being light and happy to sad and bitter.

Awesome first post! I applaud you. Allow me to respond...

What is wrong?

I guess the leadership method is wrong. While the team are honest and works hard for the benefit of karma, some of them act authoritarian and cold whenever someone new express views and ideas different to what they hold as important, like kosmost will bash those who talk about the price (hey wake up value is about the price, let them talk of what is important to them, the important thing is that they trust you and make the effort to be active here). This is very unhealthy to a community that supposed to grow and help. The community may exert all their effort to bring in more karma user, but if they experience, hostility from hot headed and overly protective karma team members as though they are the only ones who have good enough ideas to pay attention to, then those new karma user will shut their mouth and be silent investors instead, that is if they even decide to stay.

This kind of community leadership is only good to the paid corporate environment. Not in a volunteer based community, which karma is still in until today. Even paid workers will appreciate being appreciated. I even read some karma team treating some posters as though they are just there to leech coins. Bad karma.

It's good to appreciate people. That's why I came up with the idea of the Karmawards, to show our appreciation for members of the team and community for their hard work. See here: http://karmashares.com/forums/index.php/board,50.0.html

However, I've retired the thread after I realized that people didn't really like the idea (because of lack of new posts)

It's unfortunate that you feel that I "bash" those who talk about price. There is nothing wrong about price. There is a tremendous imbalance between price posts versus value posts, which is what I often highlight (and I've stated as much before). If you can back up your statement with a post of mine (where I am bashing someone who is talking about price) I'd love to see it.

Maybe the team is made up of super rich guys that are used to looking down on their employees, or whatever it is that made some of them bossy and snob, they have good places to fill here. But not in community communication, sorry you will only negate the effort of the community to bring in more karma user base. Much less find people who will volunteer under your supervision. Look at socoban, what happened to him? Did he not volunteer and made the explorer? When he raised valid inquiries how was he treated? Like an enemy. We are not enemies here. Or maybe that's how the team feels whenever someone raises a valid question on how they conduct their affairs.

Sorry, but this isn't the case. I'm not sure where you get that idea from.

Please let me know what valid questions were raised that you feel were not responded to, so we can discuss it.

So please. I know I will be pissing many of you. But let this be a reminder, if you are not good in maintaining the small community that still shows loyalty to this Karma coin don't expect the community to grow.

I can't think of any reason why you would be.

I agree on your last point.

How do you suggest we foster the right kind of community here on bitcointalk?

Kosmost maybe good. Heck no one can do what he have done so far for this coin. But he cannot do it alone, but whenever he says his team is only talking and not doing anything, he may think he is saying the truth. But he forgets that with that kind of statements, whatever small help he is getting will also be affected. In the end, the ones who will stay with him are those who really just talk and praise him. Those community members who work for free and get that treatment will surely choose to just let go of whatever unappreciated work they are doing. So while kosmost will not be able to do this endeavor alone, the way he speaks here in this forum now will lead him to work alone.

Sorry, but I have not said that the "team is only talking and not doing anything". I do tend to choose my words carefully, and am conscious of not saying something like that.

If I say "team" I also include myself. I am not saying that the entire Karma team does not do anything. KarmaKaGuy has been very good at setting tasks and getting stuff done. But I will not lie and say that most of us are doing something, because it isn't true. There is also a lot of things that I haven't yet done. I am part of the team, as well.

however, I do not want to name names and say which members of the team have been active on their tasks and which have not. But I don't beat around the bush.. if someone's not doing their job I will ask them politely the first few times. After that, I will talk to the team about it. After that, it will just be a matter of public record. And I expect the team to call me out on tasks as well, and they've done just that. We can't say that we want transparency but not want to know when people aren't doing their jobs, can we?

It is evident, kosmost is good with business, but is not as good in growing and maintaining the community people. Let kosmost lead karmashares/and all karmashare businesses.
Make bitwho the leader in communicating to the community here or anyone else that you deem good in human relations. For Pete sake do not let a hot head speak for karma. If a karma representative shows aggressive behavior in public that would reflect bad for this community and the coin.

It doesn't matter if I am good at business or not. What matters is the results I provide to Karma, and the way we go about achieving those results.

Fortunately, I am not the community manager nor have I aimed to be. That role was assigned to Delaforetnoire, who we have not heard from in a long while. However, I tend to respond to posts on our various channels as much as I can. I am not the kind of person to lead a community and am under no impressions that I should be.

I propose that we try you as the community leader. if this is your first post I'd love to see what else you have to offer. You raise some good points and you seem like someone who could help get stuff done.

Re-organize. People who use karma, add value to it. Lose them and you lose the value you say you are working for.

There really isn't anyone using Karma now. We have not found our market because we had not previously identified it. Now that we have identified it to some extent, we are not pursuing it.

But I propose that cryptocurrecny people are not the kinds of people to lead the community formed by our target market Smiley

Maybe this will not be important when you pay the people working for karma and you can all act as angry managers, but until then, this community will gain much in treating each other the way you may want to be treated.

And next time, don't let the community wait for something negative like a no deal. it will always look fishy.

This has already been explained. Perhaps you missed the explanation. Negotiations took place up until August 31. To notify the community of a result before negotiations have ended (or to post certain things publicly, where anyone including the VC could read them) would not make sense.

Another thing, I understand that the coins exchanged in karmashares are fund for development. Why is it that until now, nothing is developed that was paid for by it? Are we waiting for a time when those coins' value is too little to be used? Pay the devs! Just like how you paid Hiro. pay for what karma and karmashares need. Don't expect the volunteers to churn out anything. Karma is past that point of volunteerism. There is fund now to keep things moving. Use that.

To those who work for karma and karmashare, please keep up the good works and change the bad ones. Thanks. (note* I will re-post this whenever I see someone does these things again)

One of the purposes of the fund would be for development, yes.

Previously, our LTC market did not have the volume to sell some of the Karma without disrupting the market. There are other reasons, too, but I think that is mostly it.

When you can find some devs we'd love to pay them Smiley

We are not expecting volunteers to do everything. However, we do expect a few people in the community to help with organization and getting these efforts together.

Thanks again for your suggestions and comments. Please keep them coming!

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 07:46:57 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 09:36:07 PM by kosmost

[snips]

Which from all outward appearances it sure looks like that's what you're offering IMHO...

We've already been through whether or not we are offering securities (we are not)

but thanks for expressing these concerns

TheLittleDuke
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 08:01:17 PM

[snips]

We've already been through whether or not we are offering securities (we are not)

but thanks for your concerns

That's really great to hear.  Where's it documented?  Do you have that opinion from a lawyer or are you just hoping you aren't?

Just want to know what I'm getting into before I make a significant investment...

It's Better 2GIVE
p4r4m0un7

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:24:04 PM

After all this pointless drama and anger, I am happy to see many new Karmanions getting active here in some way. I am officially suggesting that our first target for the next month is to not sell lill again!
Alexandrake

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:36:27 PM

Excuse me, this will be my first post. Though I am a long time Karma "supporter". I have several hundred millions of them and I exchanged some too for karmashares.

I am happy that, a good named coin like KARMA has survived and proved that the community that took it over is not a scam and showed genuine concern for it and the people who trusted them.
Now, because of the recent events, the vibes I can read in this thread has gone to being light and happy to sad and bitter.

Awesome first post! I applaud you. Allow me to respond...

What is wrong?

I guess the leadership method is wrong. While the team are honest and works hard for the benefit of karma, some of them act authoritarian and cold whenever someone new express views and ideas different to what they hold as important, like kosmost will bash those who talk about the price (hey wake up value is about the price, let them talk of what is important to them, the important thing is that they trust you and make the effort to be active here). This is very unhealthy to a community that supposed to grow and help. The community may exert all their effort to bring in more karma user, but if they experience, hostility from hot headed and overly protective karma team members as though they are the only ones who have good enough ideas to pay attention to, then those new karma user will shut their mouth and be silent investors instead, that is if they even decide to stay.

This kind of community leadership is only good to the paid corporate environment. Not in a volunteer based community, which karma is still in until today. Even paid workers will appreciate being appreciated. I even read some karma team treating some posters as though they are just there to leech coins. Bad karma.

It's good to appreciate people. That's why I came up with the idea of the Karmawards, to show our appreciation for members of the team and community for their hard work. See here: http://karmashares.com/forums/index.php/board,50.0.html

However, I've retired the thread after I realized that people didn't really like the idea (because of lack of new posts)

It's unfortunate that you feel that I "bash" those who talk about price. There is nothing wrong about price. There is a tremendous imbalance between price posts versus value posts, which is what I often highlight (and I've stated as much before). If you can back up your statement with a post of mine (where I am bashing someone who is talking about price) I'd love to see it.

Maybe the team is made up of super rich guys that are used to looking down on their employees, or whatever it is that made some of them bossy and snob, they have good places to fill here. But not in community communication, sorry you will only negate the effort of the community to bring in more karma user base. Much less find people who will volunteer under your supervision. Look at socoban, what happened to him? Did he not volunteer and made the explorer? When he raised valid inquiries how was he treated? Like an enemy. We are not enemies here. Or maybe that's how the team feels whenever someone raises a valid question on how they conduct their affairs.

Sorry, but this isn't the case. I'm not sure where you get that idea from.

Please let me know what valid questions were raised that you feel were not responded to, so we can discuss it.

So please. I know I will be pissing many of you. But let this be a reminder, if you are not good in maintaining the small community that still shows loyalty to this Karma coin don't expect the community to grow.

I can't think of any reason why you would be.

I agree on your last point.

How do you suggest we foster the right kind of community here on bitcointalk?

Kosmost maybe good. Heck no one can do what he have done so far for this coin. But he cannot do it alone, but whenever he says his team is only talking and not doing anything, he may think he is saying the truth. But he forgets that with that kind of statements, whatever small help he is getting will also be affected. In the end, the ones who will stay with him are those who really just talk and praise him. Those community members who work for free and get that treatment will surely choose to just let go of whatever unappreciated work they are doing. So while kosmost will not be able to do this endeavor alone, the way he speaks here in this forum now will lead him to work alone.

Sorry, but I have not said that the "team is only talking and not doing anything". I do tend to choose my words carefully, and am conscious of not saying something like that.

If I say "team" I also include myself. I am not saying that the entire Karma team does not do anything. KarmaKaGuy has been very good at setting tasks and getting stuff done. But I will not lie and say that most of us are doing something, because it isn't true. There is also a lot of things that I haven't yet done. I am part of the team, as well.

however, I do not want to name names and say which members of the team have been active on their tasks and which have not. But I don't beat around the bush.. if someone's not doing their job I will ask them politely the first few times. After that, I will talk to the team about it. After that, it will just be a matter of public record. And I expect the team to call me out on tasks as well, and they've done just that. We can't say that we want transparency but not want to know when people aren't doing their jobs, can we?

It is evident, kosmost is good with business, but is not as good in growing and maintaining the community people. Let kosmost lead karmashares/and all karmashare businesses.
Make bitwho the leader in communicating to the community here or anyone else that you deem good in human relations. For Pete sake do not let a hot head speak for karma. If a karma representative shows aggressive behavior in public that would reflect bad for this community and the coin.

It doesn't matter if I am good at business or not. What matters is the results I provide to Karma, and the way we go about achieving those results.

Fortunately, I am not the community manager nor have I aimed to be. That role was assigned to Delaforetnoire, who we have not heard from in a long while. However, I tend to respond to posts on our various channels as much as I can. I am not the kind of person to lead a community and am under no impressions that I should be.

I propose that we try you as the community leader. if this is your first post I'd love to see what else you have to offer. You raise some good points and you seem like someone who could help get stuff done.

Re-organize. People who use karma, add value to it. Lose them and you lose the value you say you are working for.

There really isn't anyone using Karma now. We have not found our market because we had not previously identified it. Now that we have identified it to some extent, we are not pursuing it.

But I propose that cryptocurrecny people are not the kinds of people to lead the community formed by our target market Smiley

Maybe this will not be important when you pay the people working for karma and you can all act as angry managers, but until then, this community will gain much in treating each other the way you may want to be treated.

And next time, don't let the community wait for something negative like a no deal. it will always look fishy.

This has already been explained. Perhaps you missed the explanation. Negotiations took place up until August 31. To notify the community of a result before negotiations have ended (or to post certain things publicly, where anyone including the VC could read them) would not make sense.

Another thing, I understand that the coins exchanged in karmashares are fund for development. Why is it that until now, nothing is developed that was paid for by it? Are we waiting for a time when those coins' value is too little to be used? Pay the devs! Just like how you paid Hiro. pay for what karma and karmashares need. Don't expect the volunteers to churn out anything. Karma is past that point of volunteerism. There is fund now to keep things moving. Use that.

To those who work for karma and karmashare, please keep up the good works and change the bad ones. Thanks. (note* I will re-post this whenever I see someone does these things again)

One of the purposes of the fund would be for development, yes.

Previously, our LTC market did not have the volume to sell some of the Karma without disrupting the market. There are other reasons, too, but I think that is mostly it.

When you can find some devs we'd love to pay them Smiley

We are not expecting volunteers to do everything. However, we do expect a few people in the community to help with organization and getting these efforts together.

Thanks again for your suggestions and comments. Please keep them coming!

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

The fruit will show the kind of tree.  When our community grow it is a source of your pride too.

I smiled about your response on why you haven't use the funding available yet, saying you don't want to to "disrupt" the market, it almost meant you cared about the price! What disruption are you avoiding? Devs are willing to be paid between 1BTC up for every single back-end software karma and karmashares need. Do you plan in selling 10BTC worth of Karma a day? I think not? So selling some karma slowly over a period of 24 hours to say, accumulate 0.5BTC a day, will not disrupt the market, in fact no one would even notice, yet in a month you'll have 15BTC's of funding available. Yes even at these bottom prices, 0.5 BTC worth of Karma is not disruptive. Lack of software support for Karma and Karmashares projects are what I would call disruptive.

If you have done that over the months that passed say APRIL to AUGUST you should have at least 75BTC "warchest". There are so many Devs but they need payment, if we can pay them well, we would not lack anything.

Check your team, who talks only and who works. You may be hurting them unintentionally.

easteagle13

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:50:37 PM

If you want people to get involved into karma related products you first have to make sure they will buy karm.
So i have been looking at what brought us a big amount of karma in 'fundraising' and i thought of the karma world cup. Now, to bet on a football outcome is a huge step, because people have to choose something but they rather want it to be random. The karmaworldcup was a succes, i think. So i suggest to you...

the karma lottery fundraiser!!!

Supporting good causes doesn't have to be dull...
With only 0.06$ you can win money AND support a good cause.
The Karma lottery is here for doing good, but also thanks you with a possible reward.
How can you participate?
A ticket costs only 20.000 Karma, at current exchange rate that is about 0.06$
The only thing you have to do is decide how much tickets you want to buy, multiply that number with 20.000 and send that amount to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx well make sure every 20.000 karma gets a separate number.
In 30 days, there will be chosen 20 random numbers out of the total amount of tickets sold. 1st ticket ticket chosen is 1st place, 2nd ticket 2nd place etc... The price money is distributed as followed
1st price: 20% of the price pot (now referred to as 'opp')
2nd price: 12% opp
3th place : 8% opp
4th to 10th place: 3% opp
11th to 20th place: 1.5% opp.

76% of the pot will be given to contesters, so what happens with the other 24%

20% will be given to a charity of our choice, if the community has a strong desire for a cause this one will be chosen.
4% will be given to the karmashares llc so secure the coins infrastructure.

As you see, your ticket price is depending on the price of karma, SO BE FAST!
You can participate with a limitless amount of tickets.

The price will be paid out in Karma, so the address your coins are send with will be the address your price will be send too. It is completely anonymous but the list of contesters will  be open to public and will be updated every 48 hours.

Good luck and remember, doing good is good!

Well, any comments? We make karma known, we add pressure on the market, we add value to karma as more people know about it and it could possibly grow our community with members we are looking for.

Please comment to this as it is sad if an idea gets no response, this idea is simpel... Should distribute itself because more people participating is a larger price pot.

Bierworst, thanks for becoming more active, I know what you mean when an a idea is put forth and no one seemed to care, so I make it a point that if I can reply to a post and not mis-represent l Karma and Karmashare, to the peril of being accused of "talking" only. Well, I care for all good intent like this, because it shows karma community do care, and are trying to think of ways they are capable of to "help". That is the reason why I requested p4r4m0unt to open a thread where, good ideas are to be collected with proper credits to those who posted it.

But we have to remember that, even the "team" have other things to do, so the limited time we have that we can use to respond to all posts here is being use in priority to "more pressing" matters, and somehow no one can really keep up with everyone.

About your suggestion above, let us allow other community member to voice their opinion on that. For me it's ok as long as we wont have a problem from legal point of view.

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
OFF. ₭ARMA FB PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/karmacoin.me. http://lill.com
easteagle13

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:54:36 PM

Hi, You should validate it.

Everything is transparent so far, so you just need to read. our words are as good as yours, so we cannot condense everything to your own satisfaction. You have to find it out for yourself and decide. Like you everyone here started somewhere, and for me seeing kos has done things with integrity, I decided to stay and try to help.

TIP ME ₭ARMA:  KJeEKJv1LXHM8cYeRgQG3q87BFA4W3sTGg  FOR KARMA TRANSLATION BUDGET SEND TO: KHvkhA7RTFnG8N5RWPB48gs2y8K1od6xF4
OFF. ₭ARMA FB PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/karmacoin.me. http://lill.com
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:03:16 PM

easier said then done.

75 btcs at 1 satoshis level would mean 7.5 billion coins. this is assuming there is 75 btc worth of buying volume in the exchanges

Then what? you think 75 btc could save karma coin?

Also not to mention that people trust us to do something extremely valuable with those coin invested. It feels bad using those coin to buy a dev to do the insight API. from 100 to 250 mills of coins need to be sold at 1 satosh level to get 1-2.5 btcs for this. its a sad number. those 100 mills could be much more valuable down the road.

its even more sad that everyone went up to their edge of the chair regarding POC. no not my precious POC. but when something is needed for KARMA. Zomg spend the LLC members money! quickly, my coins are losing value.

the LLC coins were collected to improve the LLC So then the LLC would be able to sustain Karma. The LLC was created to allow us to build actual serivces that would use karma.

Karma is on everyone shoulder here.  How come no one is willing to donate BTcs to the construction of karma. 

TheLittleDuke
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 10:10:53 PM

Everything is transparent so far, so you just need to read. our words are as good as yours, so we cannot condense everything to your own satisfaction. You have to find it out for yourself and decide. Like you everyone here started somewhere, and for me seeing kos has done things with integrity, I decided to stay and try to help.

Oh I did!  I found the Wyoming registration.  What I am waiting to see is the legal basis for this not being considered a security per the SEC :-)

Because if you have a legal opinion on that then I'm investing bigtime!

If its just wishful thinking then you're tempting fate...

It's Better 2GIVE
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 10:28:24 PM

Oh I did!  I found the Wyoming registration.  What I am waiting to see is the legal basis for this not being considered a security per the SEC :-)

Because if you have a legal opinion on that then I'm investing bigtime!

If its just wishful thinking then you're tempting fate...

Please start here: http://karmashares.com/forums/index.php/topic,193.msg728.html

Pages: « 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: