Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:42:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 [212] 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 ... 427 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karma / ₭ / X11  (Read 583015 times)
altcoingood

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 02:48:32 PM

Thank you for your effort ACG! Without you Karma would not be where it is now.
No problem man... I am really looking forward to the block-explorer with rich-list!

I have been trying to get the richlist c++ code working on FreeBSD but I can't compile it (my c++ kungfu isn't very strong). Spent a good many hours on it but unsuccesful.

This is (probably) the binary that everyone is using to create richlists... If you run Linux (and have 8GB+ ram) you can compile it and check the richlist yourself: https://github.com/znort987/blockparser

This is what I get on FreeBSD:

Code:
[root@altcoin_blockparser ~/blockparser.new]# gmake
lnk -- parser
/usr/local/bin/ld: .objs/option.o: undefined reference to symbol '_ZNKSs13find_first_ofEPKcmm@@GLIBCXX_3.4'
/usr/local/lib/gcc48/libstdc++.so.6: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake: *** [parser] Error 1

I have succesfully compiled it on Linux but I don't have enough ram on my laptop to run the binary. You can msg me if you have trouble compiling it yourself.

Edit: if someone gives me access to a dedicated server or a VPS with 16GB+ ram running Ubuntu, I will setup the block-explorer and blockparser for free there.

It wil run Apache so search-form is not broken and regularly update a richlist.

You MUST commit to paying for it for atleast one year.

IT MUST be AD-FREE.

It MUST be hosted in a professional data-center, not from home.

The DNS must belong to the karmateam so they have 100% control over the domain/site.

...The ball is in your court Smiley

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Virtual_private_server

Why does it need 16GB ram?  Bitcoin insight API + bitcoind client requires only 2GB ram as minimum + 80 GB HDD (40GB blockchain + 40 gb DB for insight api).

from blockparser on github:

Caveats:
--------

. It needs quite a bit of RAM to work. Never exactly measured how much, but the hash maps will
      grow quite fat. I might switch them to something different that spills over to disk at some
      point. For now: it works fine with 8 Gigs.
On top of that it would also run a PostgreSQL/MySQL server and Apache ( omfg, no no no Wink ). So to give it elbow-room i'd prefer 16GB.

(edit: I did not know about "bitcoin insight", it looks like fun. if i get time i might try to install it and see what it's for. it doesn't look like it can create richlists or dump amount of karma on all addresses)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mouseman

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 02:59:34 PM

"Let us study how to implement this." 200 million may be a wee bit more than we would require initially. Would like to see a "lite" version of this concept for twitter, however can't make any suggestions at this early stage until we brainstorm the Facebook concept somewhat more deeper.

WE NEED YOUR OPINIONS AND COMMENTS HERE NOW THIS IS URGENT!:

http://karmashares.com/forums/index.php/topic,535.0.html

socoban

Activity: 314

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 02:59:55 PM

Although I don`t like the socoban way of talking, I totally agree with him that fully working block explorer is essential to every crypto and without it KARMA doesn`t look very professional. I have also everyday questions coming like "when are we going to see our shares based on 30 days holding of 10 mil coins"? Share explorer is also essential since KARMA is the first crypto of its kind.  I know of 3 middle class investors that didn`t want to put their BTC on KARMA, cause we don`t have working block explorer with cool features. These are value building options that deserves funding from Karmashares LLS fund.

Please stop this discussion... Karma LLC fund is meant to be for profitable business ventures, not for the wellfare of Karma coin... So taking funds from LLC to fix Karma coin is not right according to original plans. If you want fund to fix Karma coin, raise another fund or have some patience till dev's fix it.

How can be KARMA LLC profitable, when all the projects are based on KARM coin? If KARM is not used because some basic features are not working as they could, than Karma LLC will have problems with lack of users, hence business will starve. KARM LLC need more investors, more KARMA belivers. The more poeple buy KARMA and convert it to KarmaShares, the more funds will come, the higher price will KARM have and the more people will be beliving in KARM. I think we need that cool blockchain explorer ASAP. I am willing to donate 100.000 KARM to the fund. We need 8-9 millions KARM = 0.25 BTC for 1 year. I think shared explorer with ads for 0.25BTC/year is better than current explorer. 16 GB RAM ubuntu server is much much more expensive than this.
mouseman

Activity: 257

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:01:09 PM

+1. Please send regards from the Karma Community or post his user bio page.

Have you noticed that Karma code has been tested/reviewed and the result was "excellent"?
We are an Oasis in the desert of scamcoins in crypto.

http://karmawire.net/karma-oasis-desert-scam-coins/

Hiro really did well. Again, someone who is in contact with him please thank him. 
socoban

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:09:01 PM

Thank you for your effort ACG! Without you Karma would not be where it is now.
No problem man... I am really looking forward to the block-explorer with rich-list!

I have been trying to get the richlist c++ code working on FreeBSD but I can't compile it (my c++ kungfu isn't very strong). Spent a good many hours on it but unsuccesful.

This is (probably) the binary that everyone is using to create richlists... If you run Linux (and have 8GB+ ram) you can compile it and check the richlist yourself: https://github.com/znort987/blockparser

This is what I get on FreeBSD:

Code:
[root@altcoin_blockparser ~/blockparser.new]# gmake
lnk -- parser
/usr/local/bin/ld: .objs/option.o: undefined reference to symbol '_ZNKSs13find_first_ofEPKcmm@@GLIBCXX_3.4'
/usr/local/lib/gcc48/libstdc++.so.6: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake: *** [parser] Error 1

I have succesfully compiled it on Linux but I don't have enough ram on my laptop to run the binary. You can msg me if you have trouble compiling it yourself.

Edit: if someone gives me access to a dedicated server or a VPS with 16GB+ ram running Ubuntu, I will setup the block-explorer and blockparser for free there.

It wil run Apache so search-form is not broken and regularly update a richlist.

You MUST commit to paying for it for atleast one year.

IT MUST be AD-FREE.

It MUST be hosted in a professional data-center, not from home.

The DNS must belong to the karmateam so they have 100% control over the domain/site.

...The ball is in your court Smiley

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Virtual_private_server

Why does it need 16GB ram?  Bitcoin insight API + bitcoind client requires only 2GB ram as minimum + 80 GB HDD (40GB blockchain + 40 gb DB for insight api).

from blockparser on github:

Caveats:
--------

. It needs quite a bit of RAM to work. Never exactly measured how much, but the hash maps will
      grow quite fat. I might switch them to something different that spills over to disk at some
      point. For now: it works fine with 8 Gigs.
On top of that it would also run a PostgreSQL/MySQL server and Apache ( omfg, no no no Wink ). So to give it elbow-room i'd prefer 16GB.

(edit: I did not know about "bitcoin insight", it looks like fun. if i get time i might try to install it and see what it's for. it doesn't look like it can create richlists or dump amount of karma on all addresses)

OMG, this soft is prehistorical:( I am installing bitpay insight API for BTC. I will play with it for a while. I will see, if it can be converted to KARM, if so, it would be awesome. That will allow anyone to be a merchant accepting KARM easyly.
karmala

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:09:56 PM

Although I don`t like the socoban way of talking, I totally agree with him that fully working block explorer is essential to every crypto and without it KARMA doesn`t look very professional. I have also everyday questions coming like "when are we going to see our shares based on 30 days holding of 10 mil coins"? Share explorer is also essential since KARMA is the first crypto of its kind.  I know of 3 middle class investors that didn`t want to put their BTC on KARMA, cause we don`t have working block explorer with cool features. These are value building options that deserves funding from Karmashares LLS fund.

Please stop this discussion... Karma LLC fund is meant to be for profitable business ventures, not for the wellfare of Karma coin... So taking funds from LLC to fix Karma coin is not right according to original plans. If you want fund to fix Karma coin, raise another fund or have some patience till dev's fix it.

How can be KARMA LLC profitable, when all the projects are based on KARM coin? If KARM is not used because some basic features are not working as they could, than Karma LLC will have problems with lack of users, hence business will starve. KARM LLC need more investors, more KARMA belivers. The more poeple buy KARMA and convert it to KarmaShares, the more funds will come, the higher price will KARM have and the more people will be beliving in KARM. I think we need that cool blockchain explorer ASAP. I am willing to donate 100.000 KARM to the fund. We need 8-9 millions KARM = 0.25 BTC for 1 year. I think shared explorer with ads for 0.25BTC/year is better than current explorer. 16 GB RAM ubuntu server is much much more expensive than this.

we had an open position for a for-profit related causes moderator :http://karmashares.com/forums/index.php/topic,51.0.html
Maybe, you want to step up and start a fundraiser for this. I have not doubt that we will raise the needed funds in a very short time span.

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
karmala

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:19:44 PM

I like the shape of the mintpal ltc orderbook...

socoban

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:27:42 PM

I like the shape of the mintpal ltc orderbook...

I was waiting a whole day to buy and someone droped, so I bought at 187:) My last KARM. I think, someone will soon eat that 3 satoshi wall. 3 satoshi=230 litoshi. Those orders are big. This will pump the price of KARM soon.  I prefer the price to  stay still for 7 days. I have locked funds on btc-e, and I will be able to use them than. If the price stay cheap like this, I will buy for 4 BTC than.
socoban

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:31:12 PM

Although I don`t like the socoban way of talking, I totally agree with him that fully working block explorer is essential to every crypto and without it KARMA doesn`t look very professional. I have also everyday questions coming like "when are we going to see our shares based on 30 days holding of 10 mil coins"? Share explorer is also essential since KARMA is the first crypto of its kind.  I know of 3 middle class investors that didn`t want to put their BTC on KARMA, cause we don`t have working block explorer with cool features. These are value building options that deserves funding from Karmashares LLS fund.

we had an open position for a for-profit related causes moderator :http://karmashares.com/forums/index.php/topic,51.0.html
Maybe, you want to step up and start a fundraiser for this. I have not doubt that we will raise the needed funds in a very short time span.

Sorry, I do not want to be moderator of anything. I have 3 projects I am working on. Reading bitcointalk forum and posting here is relax for me. I do not want to have duties like this:) I am playing with some BTC related services. If it goes well, I will make something for KARM. But right now, everything is in developement mode.
karmala

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:36:09 PM

Sorry, I do not want to be moderator of anything. I have 3 projects I am working on. Reading bitcointalk forum and posting here is relax for me. I do not want to have duties like this:) I am playing with some BTC related services. If it goes well, I will make something for KARM. But right now, everything is in developement mode.

no, its fine. Would be wonderful if you could make some Karma services.

altcoingood

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 03:49:19 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2014, 05:10:40 PM by altcoingood

OMG, this soft is prehistorical:(
You are taking up precious space and air. Please kill yourself.

HAHAHAA good fucking luck getting anything semi-interactive out of that setup... You want to sort through a 40GB LevelDB database using 2GB ram... LOL. You crack me up, maybe you should stick around a little longer. We need some comedic relief here.
ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:39:09 PM

Have you noticed that Karma code has been tested/reviewed and the result was "excellent"?

Hiro really did well. Again, someone who is in contact with him please thank him. 

+1

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
p4r4m0un7

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 05:01:11 PM

+1

+1000
p4r4m0un7

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 05:02:14 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2014, 07:11:54 AM by p4r4m0un7

Mining contest is going well. Now is time for the creative persons of our community to step up. Karma team members can also participate.
Today I am starting contest with a first place award of 2 000 000 (TWO MILLION) KARMA. No consolation awards. The rules are as follows:
1. At least 5 participants
2. Every participant can provide more than 1 photo. No limit about this.
3. Photos must contain KARMA logo and GOT KARMA? written or drawn by hand (Not printed). So only the GOT KARMA? must be written or drawn by a hand, which includes graphite drawing. I don`t care about the logo if it is printed or drawn by a hand, but it must be our original logo.
4. Photos can be for example selfie with a popular person and you wearing t-shirt with KARMA logo and GOT KARMA?, photo on the top of a skyscraper holding KARMA logo and GOT KARMA?, photo of somebody jumping with parachute holding KARMA logo and GOT KARMA?, nice graphite drawing of our logo and GOT KARMA? and all other things that crosses your mind.
5. The last day of this campaign is 1-st of September. No photos will be accepted on 2-nd of September. (exceptions for delayed photos only if I see on the photo Barack Obama or Queen Elizabeth  Grin)
6. You can post your pictures here, forum, facebook and karmashare.me. You must pm me here with a link to the original post.
7. The winner will be chosen by community vote in our forum. Voting will continue 3 days, but I want at least 25 votes. If we don`t have 25 votes, we shall extend the voting period. If there is a tie between two or more photos and/or persons, I suggest our respectful Marketing & PR workgroup moderators easteagle13 and jasondecosta to choose the winning photo. If jasondecosta decide to participate, me and easteagle13 will have the last word.

These are the rules. Do not cheat! I will catch you. Believe me. Do not use any tools to make your photos look better. If I catch someone cheating, all of his/her photos will be disqualified. This is a real life contest. I am not encouraging you to do something dangerous or stupid, but to win this, it is obvious that you have to be a little crazy. So happy shooting.

Me and easteagle13 are splitting the funding for this. 1 mill comes from me and 1 mill from him. This is not an official karma marketing project.

GOT KARMA?

Just a reminder for all creative and crazy people out there. Cheesy Remember that you don`t have to hold KARMA in order to participate, so tell your friends.
p4r4m0un7

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 05:04:25 PM

Hail, KARMA!
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 05:13:16 PM

socoban

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 06:04:06 PM

HAHAHAA good fucking luck getting anything semi-interactive out of that setup... You want to sort through a 40GB LevelDB database using 2GB ram... LOL. You crack me up, maybe you should stick around a little longer. We need some comedic relief here.

1) you are taking it personal. I was not personal. I was complaining about current explorer. I know it is you running it for free. I did not tell, you are doing something wrong, or it is your fault. I was trying to find out solution. The truth is, that your explorer takes lot of RAM to support searching. If someone is offering much better Blockchain explorer for 0.25BTC/year, he is definitelly not paying 16GB ram server just for that. So yes, if someone has working explorer with lot of stats and additional feature for just 0.25BTC/year, than 16GB RAM requirements for alternative explorer with lot less features is prehistoric.

2) KARMA coin is used very seldom now. We don't need anything fast. Few hits per hour doesn't require much cashing . So yes, 40 gb LevelDB database can be used with 2gb ram, especially if server has SSD drives, with swap on it can handle what we need without crashing. Worst case 4 GB RAM server is way cheaper than 16GB.
Anyway, you missunderstand me, I did not tell insight api will be good as explorer. I wrote, insight API requires min. 2GB RAM(Official info), so I wanted to know, why is blockechain explorer requiring 16GB. Insight API does not have so many good stats we need.
p4r4m0un7

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 06:11:23 PM

ATTENTION PLEASE. I AM GIVING 1 000 000 (ONE MILLION) KARMA FOR OUR COMMUNITY MEMBER (NOT PART OF THE TEAM) WHO WILL ANNOUNCE BLOCK 255 000 HERE AND PROVE BY PICTURE THAT HE IS MINING ON BLOCK 270 000. SO ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS FOLLOW THE BLOCKS AND THE THREAD, POST HERE SOMETHING LIKE "255 000 ARRIVED" AND AFTER 270 000 BLOCK YOU HAVE TO POST A PICTURE OF YOUR RIG MINING KARMA. THAT IS ALL. I SUGGEST SOMEONE FROM KARMATEAM TO BE ARBITER.

Until now the following Karmanions qualifies:
1. UrsaMajorisBeta
2. zxc003
3. tekke
4. altcoingood

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579973.msg8130784#msg8130784 UrsaMajorisBeta was the first to announce 255 000, so he/she is leading, but not winning yet. Now, you all have to provide clear prove by pictures that you are mining KARMA exactly on block 270 000. Happy mining.

GOT KARMA?

Reminder. A screenshot of your rigs mining on exactly 270 000 is needed. So, it is not too late to win this. Just hail X11 and continue mining KARMA.

AND ONE MORE THING. IF WE MANAGE TO HOLD ON ABOVE 8 SATOSHI BEFORE BLOCK 300 000 THERE WILL BE MORE CONTESTS BACKED UP BY ME!
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 06:17:47 PM

1) you are taking it personal. I was not personal. I was complaining about current explorer. I know it is you running it for free. I did not tell, you are doing something wrong, or it is your fault. I was trying to find out solution. The truth is, that your explorer takes lot of RAM to support searching. If someone is offering much better Blockchain explorer for 0.25BTC/year, he is definitelly not paying 16GB ram server just for that. So yes, if someone has working explorer with lot of stats and additional feature for just 0.25BTC/year, than 16GB RAM requirements for alternative explorer with lot less features is prehistoric.

2) KARMA coin is used very seldom now. We don't need anything fast. Few hits per hour doesn't require much cashing . So yes, 40 gb LevelDB database can be used with 2gb ram, especially if server has SSD drives, with swap on it can handle what we need without crashing. Worst case 4 GB RAM server is way cheaper than 16GB.
Anyway, you missunderstand me, I did not tell insight api will be good as explorer. I wrote, insight API requires min. 2GB RAM(Official info), so I wanted to know, why is blockechain explorer requiring 16GB. Insight API does not have so many good stats we need.

thank you for responding in this matter

altcoingood. that respond is not appreciated.

Please everyone: keep it professional. If you feel the need to blow up , PM each other. No matter what the topic is. when the drama is over and everyone moves on , your conversation and drama is left in our thread for everyone to see forever.

might i remind you that other people invested tons of money in our coin and would not like to come and see drama in here
altcoingood

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 06:25:16 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2014, 06:51:04 PM by altcoingood

I didn't say the block-explorer requires 16GB ram. I said a server that can run both the blockparser software and a block-explorer would probably need 16GB+ ram. Are you intentionally being stupid?

The reason the blockparser requires a lot of ram is documented. I even quoted it. Read the docs.

And please don't tell me an SSD can serve just as well as ram. ESPECIALLY not an SSD on a vps. It's  bogged down with IO from other VPS'es on the same host.. It's not like you get a dedicated SSD + channel for your VPS. Not to mention "ram" is not really ram on a VPS (it's usually shared).

Have you hosted stuff before? Have you done benchmarks on your setup? How many api-requests can you handle per second? What about failover and backup?

I am over 12 and what you say sounds good in theory but will break horribly in reality.

.... Oh well you made me laugh again...

1) you are taking it personal. I was not personal. I was complaining about current explorer. I know it is you running it for free. I did not tell, you are doing something wrong, or it is your fault. I was trying to find out solution. The truth is, that your explorer takes lot of RAM to support searching.
I have never said the block explorer took ram to support searching. I said that search works fine on Apache but not on Nginx. Please don't start making a list of points (since you have not understood a single word I've written about the technicalities) of what you think I have said. You are obviously wrong!

Karma blockain explorer is useless. Piece of shit. I can't search on it. I can only check total coins on address. I can't see transactions. Why is it that? How can I check all transactions on an address?
So yes sure, keep telling yourself what a great personality you have... and that you are solution-oriented Wink

altcoingood. that respond is not appreciated.

If you feel you need to distance yourself from me, that is fine. I am done taking abuse from people that talk trash.
Pages: « 1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 [212] 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 ... 427 »
  Print  

Jump to: