Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:39:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... 862 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65%  (Read 1260277 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
digi123

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 04:49:02 AM

I think reactor was a great name and a bad idea, the connection to cloud mining was very wrong.

Few mine this coin because it takes to long to get any kind of reward even with good coin age.
It's crazy how long I have to wait for a few coins. Would rather not bother.

The value of 50% is stupid if you can't collect it.

I'm not a crypto maniac where I leave my computer running for the sake of a coin, although I don't mind connecting up from time to time. However with this coin it's pointless even connecting from time to time as there is no reward.

Reactor was an obvious failed attempt at a patch to an obvious problem.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stoody

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 05:11:58 AM

all good got mine back... i was afk for a day.. came back to see all hell brake lose lol
Date: 31/01/2015 08:57
To: dGQr9GzEyvyLAW63NiH5oKXsr8VtLFhX5B (own address, label: muilty pool)
Credit: 1575.00 DMD
Net amount: +1575.00 DMD
Transaction ID: 47537b18f13ebf0f697103878dc38bb82883fc2fdf535f677f80183cbbca9b39

i was excited to see the reactor work.. but oh well i got 75dmd compensation
utahjohn

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 06:15:18 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2015, 06:25:20 AM by utahjohn

Not a problem in my opinion, merely behind a prescribed timetable, which is not really a problem, a bit longer PoW than expected is all.  I prefer more time to mine coins Smiley  Not everyone chooses to leave computer on and staking 24/7, and should not have to.
For those of you with staking problems, remember a huge amount of tiny coin piles is not a good thing, consolidate them into piles of 100 or more for easier staking ... I stake 2-3 times a week with large coin piles, and after a successful staking I combine the new split piles while low coin age (0).  easily done with coin control and xfer to another wallet.
davembg

Activity: 340
Merit: 251

Smell the glove.

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 07:16:15 AM

Ooops, I just send my first 500....then read the thread.
UGH.

I guess I'll hold-off sending the rest (1000 DMD).

Sorry guys....
utahjohn

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 07:20:46 AM

LOL just give Cryptonit your TXID and your cloudmine address.
Dunno if u will get the 5% though, it's after the fact of announce of dissolution of reactor ... NP hope it was low coin-age.
Graywolf

Activity: 48
Merit: 60

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 07:22:38 AM

Not a problem in my opinion, merely behind a prescribed timetable, which is not really a problem, a bit longer PoW than expected is all.  I prefer more time to mine coins Smiley  Not everyone chooses to leave computer on and staking 24/7, and should not have to.
For those of you with staking problems, remember a huge amount of tiny coin piles is not a good thing, consolidate them into piles of 100 or more for easier staking ... I stake 2-3 times a week with large coin piles, and after a successful staking I combine the new split piles while low coin age (0).  easily done with coin control and xfer to another wallet.

Hello

You can send money to yourself in the same wallet

Br
utahjohn

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 07:26:32 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2015, 07:52:14 AM by utahjohn

Hello

You can send money to yourself in the same wallet

Br
I've done that before ... simpler to send to new wallet it's cheap Smiley
Try sending to yourself and then examine coin-control inputs list mode...
stillontop

Activity: 134
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 08:29:09 AM

I like the reactor idea as well, but a decentralized approach should be taken, otherwise it is bad for the spreading of coins and creates a single point of failure, which is never good in networking. Something like a premium address with a higher staking rate.

Another thing that bothers me is the following:
Let's say I bought some BTC in the past for a much higher price and I still hold them because I believe in it longterm. Now I want to buy cloudminig shares with my BTC and I get punished, because I only get credit for it's momentarly price in USD. I think this is a design flaw, because it punishes longterm BTC holders when BTC/USD is low.

In my opinion it would be better to enable fiat investments totally, or grant for example 500 cloudmining shares for each BTC, no matter how much $ it is worth at the moment.

P.S. DMD is great, I will hold my coins Smiley

DMD-Address: dQxRzzz1Ae8J46V7KGhvSrbngTodtp5fp7
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 09:15:14 AM

split coins over a lot addresses on same wallet is reducing POS efficency and group stake that merge old small coin pile

POS works seperatly for each wallet address

so people who have lot small coin amount wallet addresses consider to merge them together

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 09:19:16 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2015, 09:31:05 AM by cryptonit

I like the reactor idea as well, but a decentralized approach should be taken, otherwise it is bad for the spreading of coins and creates a single point of failure, which is never good in networking. Something like a premium address with a higher staking rate.

Another thing that bothers me is the following:
Let's say I bought some BTC in the past for a much higher price and I still hold them because I believe in it longterm. Now I want to buy cloudminig shares with my BTC and I get punished, because I only get credit for it's momentarly price in USD. I think this is a design flaw, because it punishes longterm BTC holders when BTC/USD is low.

In my opinion it would be better to enable fiat investments totally, or grant for example 500 cloudmining shares for each BTC, no matter how much $ it is worth at the moment.

P.S. DMD is great, I will hold my coins Smiley

that we dont accept fiat have law reasons

any conversion of crypto <-> fiat have to fullfill AML laws (at least most countries follow that direction)

that we use daytrade BTC $ value is the only fair way
we have to expect people just converted fiat to BTC the same day
so its clear BTC represent the actual trading value vs fiat

if u store BTC and speculate of value raise thats ur own business and risc
same as with any other crypto currency

Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
utahjohn

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 09:19:52 AM

split coins over a lot addresses on same wallet is reducing POS efficency and group stake that merge old small coin pile

so people who have lot small coin amount wallet addresses consider to merge them together

exactly the point i was trying to make, ... also make sure u have changeaddress set up in diamond.conf
I try to keep it to 2 addresses (main and change) and keep piles large Smiley
big_coins

Activity: 175

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 09:27:45 AM

exactly the point i was trying to make, ... also make sure u have changeaddress set up in diamond.conf

waste of time POS breaks big piles into little piles.
utahjohn

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 09:32:55 AM

waste of time POS breaks big piles into little piles.

perhaps if u actually read thread a bit more carefully and not take out of context
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 09:35:38 AM

http://bit.diamonds/community/index.php/topic,46.msg376.html#msg376

How is POS working:

there is a easy and a complex answer

easy:
each year ur coins will increase as much as the pos reward percentage say if u regulary (once a month) open ur wallet in minting mode for at least a day

complex:

following is true for DMD POS
not all coins use the same
and some (most) coin devs dont full understand what i describe here
and so their code isnt utilizing POS in its full power or values not adapted to fit their coin amount

to test other coins just ask them to explain u how POS works in detail
u will get lot different and most of them are wrong answers (copycoder alarm .....)

pile
coin weight
coin age
burn coin age
min time
max time
split stake
group stake
pos difficulty
pos block time
pos reward

pile = if u check coin control u see u have lot pile of coins
each pile try to POS on his own (only group stake act different)

coin weight=determined by amount of coin in pile and his age used to calculate ur chance to mint coin weight stop to grow once ur coins reach max time is reached (this is to prevent someone gather lot coin weight and be able do some kind of attack(no guide for attack here...) (which wont work anyway at DMD because of hybrid security))

coin age=determined by amount of coin in pile and his age used to calculate ur reward when u mint successful
coin age doesnt stop to grow and so do ur rewards get bigger and bigger until
u mint successful then ur coin age of the involved coin pile is set to zero

burn coin age/coin weight happens also for all coins in a pile which is involved in a transaction
that mean that pile get his coin weight and coin age reset to zero
if u have only one big pile of coins and u send every 5 days a little outgoing transaction
u will never ever be able to mint because u always destroy the coin weight before its big enough u get a minting possibility

min time is 7 days for DMD which mean once ur pile of coins is at least 7 days old he can compete to try mint a block if ur wallet is unlocked
between mint time and max time every successful minting will be split stake

max time is 30 days for DMD which means coin weight dont grow even if ur coins are older than 30 days (but ur coin age grow without limit even after 30 days)
any minting with coins  older than 30 days will use group stake mechanism

split stake means when a pile of coins successful mint a block and is below 30 days old he will be split in 2 pile of coins where both pile will be increased with half of pos rewards u earned

group stake will be attempted by coin pile older than 30 days the they no longer are forced to try mint alone but can group with other coin pile also older than 30 days
up to 100 DMD can group up and try to mint together. if successfull they merge together forming a single pile and get the earned pos rewards added to that pile. coin pile above 100 coins cant group but when they mint the group stake mechanism will prevent them from beeing split in 2 pile

pos difficulty u can see when u enter getdifficulty into console
it determine the chance that u will be able to mint
similar to POW but this time not pure hashrate of complex hashes and luck determine who able create next block
instead simple hashes created by  wallet via cpu  and modified with the coin weight of pile which try to mint compete against each other on the network

pos block time a diff adjusting will try to raise and lower pos difficulty to reach target pos block time (in case of DMD its 600sec because of our hybrid POW/POS setup we need no faster POS block generation and it helps keep ur wallet clean of POS spam (lot small pos rewards) instead u generate less but bigger minting rewards.

pos reward determined by coin age and actual pos stage of coin
example 50% per anno  pos reward means a pile with 1000 dmd and age 30 days will if he mint successfull be
1000+(1000/100*50/12)= 1041.67 dmd

why?
why POS works this way have the reason all this mechanics try to make sure coin opile size is small enought to make sure always someone try to mint and so we never run out of attempts to solve a  POS block. and the group coin mechanic try to counter that coins get endless split and in the are so small pile which have hardly a chance to mint successfull
a POS coin which utilize split stake but not group stake will run sooner or later in troubles where people forced to manually do something to fix the mess
DMD POS setup allow endless POS without any manual merge of coins or transactions between addresses are required to get rid of the lot little coin pile

----------------------------------

im pretty sure this answer is overkill for whatever u wanted to know
but it describe the prove of stake mechanism as detailed as possible

and i lead to more confusion in the face of people i explain it  Cool

----------------------------------
BELOW Coin specs so u see how POS changes over time:

Proof of Stake
From 450,000 to 1,500,000 of total coins PoS is set to 50% per annum.
From 1,500,000 of total coins PoS is reduced to 25% per annum.
From 2,500,000 of total coins PoS is reduced to 5% per annum.
From 3,500,000 of total coins PoS is reduced to 1% per annum.

Proof of Work
The reward is 1.05 DMD per solved block.
1 DMD is granted to the miner while 0.05 DMD is contributed to coin support.
From 1,000,000 of total coins reward is reduced to 0.1 DMD per solved block.
From 2,500,000 of total coins reward is reduced to 0.02 DMD per solved block.
After that there will be no further reductions to the reward per solved block.
Foundation support will be decreasing with each consecutive switch.

----------------------------------------------

VISUALIZATION OF DIAMOND ROLL-OUT PLAN
(TOTAL COINS AND POW/POS COINS PER MONTH)

RED LINE = new coins each month produced by POW (numbers on right side)
GREEN LINE = new coins produced each month by POS (numbers on right side)
TOTAL COINS (numbers on left side)
numbers on bottom of graphic are the months (the graphic represent a 30 year timeline)

keep a closer eye on coin specs and check how coin roll-out will develop over next 30 years

beginning with total coins 450000 a 50% POS will be simultaneous active with the 1 DMD POW reward each block
and start the diamond rush (BLUE CIRCLE) on pic

if u analyze that u can see that this POW mining paradise only last a few months
(to be exact until 1 million total diamond are existing)
later most of coins are produced by POS  (GREEN ARROW) and to do so u need to have diamonds

everyone who sell 1 diamonds instant lose like at least 2 diamonds.....
because every diamond u mine now would at least double if u keep holding and pos it over time

the whole design of diamond is to be a wealth storage coin aimed to be a good investment

i  hope this visualization of coin specs long-term effect of  on coin roll-out
can help u realize how valuable diamonds will be once POW is reduced by 90%
and high POS will be main source of coin creation

that coins are required to create more coins (POS)
will be the reason for lower availability of coins on exchanges and increasing prices
remember only coins in ur wallet gather coin-age and can generate POS rewards

utahjohn

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 09:45:20 AM

Thx Cryptonit for having that handy, I can never remember where it is ... So if you are a 24/7 minter it is best to keep >= 100 DMD piles, the larger they are the less often u need to merge them ...
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 09:47:52 AM

Ooops, I just send my first 500....then read the thread.
UGH.

I guess I'll hold-off sending the rest (1000 DMD).

Sorry guys....

mail me details so i can send it back

cloud@bit.diamonds

stillontop

Activity: 134
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 09:50:45 AM

I understand why you are doing it in that way. In my opinion it is wrong to take BTC and say it's USD, because it is not. I think you should take BTC as BTC and USD as USD, a circumvention of that is problematic in my opinion. That's why I am not invested yet and I know for sure I am not the only one.

DMD-Address: dQxRzzz1Ae8J46V7KGhvSrbngTodtp5fp7
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 09:51:50 AM

Thx Cryptonit for having that handy, I can never remember where it is ... So if you are a 24/7 minter it is best to keep >= 100 DMD piles, the larger they are the less often u need to merge them ...

fact is if u keep coins in one wallet address u need to do nothing

DMD pos code will merge ur coins together by itself

once they over 30 days old and can try to group stake with other small pile over 30 days age

in fact all people say there is to less pos blocks they cant mint

but the truths is the opposite

as long as coins still successfull POS without beeing older than 30 days (and thats the only way how split stake can happen)

as long as this happens we see that to less coin pile compete for POS and to many coins able to mint below 30 days coin-age

the way u suggest to manual merge pile an make ur coin mint below 30 days age dont give u more pos rewards just manual work

and if lot people do it that way is the reason why not enough coin pile compete for pos blocks and people still mint below 30  days age

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 09:56:56 AM

I understand why you are doing it in that way. In my opinion it is wrong to take BTC and say it's USD, because it is not. I think you should take BTC as BTC and USD as USD, a circumvention of that is problematic in my opinion. That's why I am not invested yet and I know for sure I am not the only one.

we use usd to compare all values and generate statistics

we dont say BTC or DMD is $

utahjohn

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 09:59:13 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2015, 10:58:15 AM by utahjohn

fact is if u keep coins in one wallet address u need to do nothing

DMD pos code will merge ur coins together by itself

once they over 30 days old and can try to group stake with other small pile over 30 days age

in fact all people say there is to less pos blocks they cant mint

but the truths is the opposite

as long as coins still successfull POS without beeing older than 30 days (and thats the only way how split stake can happen)

as long as this happens we see that to less people compete for POS and to many coins able to mint below 30 days coin-age
Pretty much unavoidable if u are mint mode 24/7 and the compounding effect is a bit more reward Smiley  I take advantage of every little bit I can gain Smiley  Why wait for 30 days for small piles to group Huh Grin
How else does a small time miner with a single 7950 and single 280x manage 1675+ coins in a bit over a year Smiley And I forgot a month downtime waiting for a power supply RMA ...
Only fiat input was $100 cloudmining Dec 30 2014 and reward is steadily dropping there Sad
Pages: « 1 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... 862 »
  Print  

Jump to: