Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:17:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667061 times)
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 04:39:30 PM

cryptonote has a unique techonlogy ( I have read but do not understand and in this way I am a sheep)
Ring signature + fixed limit (plus clean code, but this part would appeal to dev, not users)

1. Ring signature is better at protecting privacy than anything at the moment
2. No fixed limit in CN note lead to higher flexibility. When you see how much a code with fixed limits (BTC) was expanded, imagine now a code without these constraints[/quote]

FIY, the CPU-bound and difficulty retarget is CryptoNight, not CryptoNote. More exactly, CryptoNight is an implementation of the wishes of the CryptoNote dev, but not strictly a part or CryptoNote itself.

I agree with name change. this is a simple change but the execution was confusing. this made it a community coin not a tft coin. can we implement a proof of stake into this coin and and inflamtion and or a 1 percent transaction fee to miners. or just running the miner per thread generating .25 coin per month. regardless of blocks found. (rambling i hope devs can gleen my meaning)
I proposed taco implementing some of CN features in MC2 and his answer was (from memory): "two different technologies, can't compare/compete".
I think I understood you: implementing PoS over monero without having to create a new coin (relaunch). Did I understand you correctly?

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin Fiction

Activity: 138
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 04:39:57 PM

Guys seriously its not working, i mean the FUD and trolling. People very well know the facts, you arent scaring anyone here, your intentions are clear. lol

And what are the facts exactly? Enlighten us please.

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 04:41:30 PM

People should calm down and just mine.

Monero is doing very well compared to 95% of altcoins.

If you want an intense discussion, go to #monero on IRC
Trolls are increasing the pagination, this helps in getting recognition Smiley After a while, it has an adverse effect, see Blackcoin. But so far, so good Smiley As long as we remain watchful to prevent newcomers to fall in the traps of trollers - this requires a fine balance.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 04:42:02 PM

1) How exactly did you benefit the community and the coin?
2) When is the open source miner going to be released? Why it wasn't? Please, provide exact technical details on that "unstable code thing".
3) Why did you change your attitude towards closed-source miner?
4) Why did you take over the coin and create a second thread when there was one already there?
5) Why did you change the domain name and forked the rep, while keeping the blockchain that you never started?
6) Why do you keep avoiding this very clear questions.

1) Community is benefited by not associating (merged mining) with a 80% premined coin called bytecoin. Also coin and algo became more known due to this community which brings more people interested in it and trying to make it better.
2) I dont know about this. I personally dont have a better miner than others. They have already answered you about but i agree that NoodleDoodle could also answer you.
3) Noone changed anything as far as i understand. Someone made one and is using it as it has happened countless times in every single coin out there.
4) Because tft was never responding and chaning anything on the thread. And OP must be refreshing a lot especially at first days of a coin.
5) I suppose because community changed the name of the coin disagreeing with tft about the name. I guess tft could actually stopped this if he wanted if he was ever online responding in anything. As for the blockchain, last time i checked noone owns a blockchain except miners. Not dev.
6) Will you still spam  your comments now that i answered?
TonyZX

Activity: 101

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 04:42:37 PM

1. miner's latest version is closed source because Noodle prefers it to be stable before releasing the source. If will be open-source eventually

That’s a likely tale - how gullible do you think the community is to believe this kind of crap?

Bitcoin is our past, present and future!
Hexah

Activity: 728
Merit: 265

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 04:43:15 PM

I suppose because community changed the name....

Let's give a chance to the community to decide themselves! Fair voting for the our coin name!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=599455.0
Quanttek

Activity: 93

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 04:44:25 PM

I can answer some of this. I am a newbie especially to cryptocurrency. I had a very easy time mining bcn despite little knowledge. however mining mro was very difficult at the beggnining.
when the cryptonote was discovered I was present during the conversations. TFT was a non communicating developer. TFT did not answer questions. random people coalaced around the thread and helped newcomers. As more people came, they relied more on the taco smooth ezi and others, and so by sympathy alone tft was marginalized. this was his own doing.

there is value in this coin and the coin was not hijacked. it was abondoned by tft. he had the forsight to bring this coin to the community but did it in a very selfish way. The current developers are now experieicing the same thing because of the closed source issue. ( I could not mine mro at the very beggining because the link for the download was messed up due to the # sign) I felt that it was deliberate so as to limit miners and benefit tft. (I felt, I have no idea wether this is fact). In the end, this is what is happening now. regarding current issues.

I firmly believe that noodle should not be part of development team. in this way he can develop his own optimized miner. good for him.

thanks.
The source of the code is open, also the miner. NoodleDoodle isn't part of the team, he is a community member, but we use his optimized version as official download, because it's much faster than a self compiled miner. He will eventually give us the source code and he also HAVE to (license). Of course you can use the open source miner, but it's worse, than his community miner. The high hashrate comes from botnets/farms

Enthusiast. Neither trader, nor miner and also no big investor.
Community Manager for Monero
PM if you need mine to exchange or anti-cheat algorithm for node-cryptonote-pool
pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 04:45:32 PM

Fair voting for the our coin name!

How many sockpuppets do you have to keep up with voting?
Hexah

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 04:51:50 PM

Me? None.
---------------------------------------------------------
Why am I not so cool as David Latapie and do not have much patience not to answer to the trolls  Cry
Please, let's don't huff each other.
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 04:54:13 PM

Me? None.
Why am I not so cool as David Latapie and do not have much patience not to answer to the trolls  Cry

Maybe you know whose all those 2 months accounts on Bytecoin and Fantomcoin are. Like 3-4 of them were created in the same day. And all of them loving merge mining with bytecoin. LOL
the_darkness

Activity: 79

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 04:58:00 PM

2) When is the open source miner going to be released? Why it wasn't? Please, provide exact technical details on that "unstable code thing".
4) Why did you take over the coin and create a second thread when there was one already there?
5) Why did you change the domain name and forked the rep, while keeping the blockchain that you never started?

Thank you.

Is there a reason you're so personally invested in this? Monero is less than a month old and has been maintained by a loosely-affiliated group of developers, not some kind of internet cabal. That's the source of the disorganization that seems to bother you (e.g. the change in name, domain, etc.).

Right now there is obviously either an optimized miner or some kind of botnet on the network. If someone has inspected the Cryptonote source and used their abilities (programming, financial, or otherwise) to gain an advantage it sucks for the rest of us but is not an insta-mine. That's just the way the world works. Someone else is better at something and they get ahead. I think it's pretty naive to think that people won't try to gain an inside advantage if they can. Although it's nice for people to share crypto mining resources (e.g. cgminer, sgminer, guiminer, Noodledoodle's code fork) there is no moral obligation that they do so. Ultimately if something is unfair we're free to choose not to participate. Whoever has dramatically increased the hash runs the risk of alienating their potential future buyers if they shut everyone else out of the game, but we'll have to wait and see if that happens.
Hexah

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:00:45 PM

Me? None.

Maybe you know whose all those 2 months accounts on Bytecoin and Fantomcoin are. Like 3-4 of them were created in the same day. And all of them loving merge mining with bytecoin. LOL

I don't. May be you know as there's too much conspiracy theory in your posts.
Agent99

Activity: 147

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:02:24 PM

Better to say ''what devs (I mean tacotime and other guys) decided''

Let's give a chance to the community to decide themselves! Fair voting for the our coin name!

GIVE A CHANCE! I am in as far as I am able to represent my wishes and view.

I guess tft could actually stopped this if he wanted if he was ever online responding in anything

Sounds like you are trying to make TFT the scapegoat for every little thing that went wrong with Monero.
pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 05:03:57 PM

Cool, another FUD agent
Rias

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:05:38 PM

1) Community is benefited by not associating (merged mining) with a 80% premined coin called bytecoin. Also coin and algo became more known due to this community which brings more people interested in it and trying to make it better.
2) I dont know about this. I personally dont have a better miner than others. They have already answered you about but i agree that NoodleDoodle could also answer you.
3) Noone changed anything as far as i understand. Someone made one and is using it as it has happened countless times in every single coin out there.
4) Because tft was never responding and chaning anything on the thread. And OP must be refreshing a lot especially at first days of a coin.
5) I suppose because community changed the name of the coin disagreeing with tft about the name. I guess tft could actually stopped this if he wanted if he was ever online responding in anything. As for the blockchain, last time i checked noone owns a blockchain except miners. Not dev.

Thank you! We've got a discussion at last.

1) Thank you for that, but maybe you should stop making closed-source optimized miners and get back to work together with the BMR-part of the community?

2) An exact date is preferrable for everybody.

3) I posted already: first they (smooth, eizh, etc) claim that Minergate is not worth using as it is closed source even though it was not optimized in any way. Now they are ok with the closed source optimized miner. Cards on the table I'd say. This is exactly what makes me believe that you've got something even more optimized hidden and creating this crazy high difficulty.

4) Not true, as I see it. Just check, he's responding almost every single day.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563821.0;all

Maybe little bit busy with the code that the "community" eventually took to enjoy the profit?

smooth, would you be willing to shed light on this story? How and when you decided to act? Why?

5) My point is not in TFT at all. My point is that these actions discredit the BitMonero/Monero. Changing name and taking over control, fine, I'm not against it. But doing it and then launching the closed-source optimized miner to only see the difficulty reach the stratosphere - that is what I find very suspicious.

6) I would like to hear tacotime, smooth, David, NoodleDoodle and who ever else hides behind monero profile. This is the question to them as they are the only who are aware of what is going on.

Ultimately if something is unfair we're free to choose not to participate.

You started this whole thing to make it fair. It's not, so I'm trying to get the "team" explain themselves.
Rias

Activity: 373

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:06:17 PM

Cool, another FUD agent

How do I know you're not an agent yourself?
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 05:07:33 PM

Is there a reason you're so personally invested in this? Monero is less than a month old and has been maintained by a loosely-affiliated group of developers, not some kind of internet cabal. That's the source of the disorganization that seems to bother you (e.g. the change in name, domain, etc.).

Right now there is obviously either an optimized miner or some kind of botnet on the network. If someone has inspected the Cryptonote source and used their abilities (programming, financial, or otherwise) to gain an advantage it sucks for the rest of us but is not an insta-mine. That's just the way the world works. Someone else is better at something and they get ahead. I think it's pretty naive to think that people won't try to gain an inside advantage if they can. Although it's nice for people to share crypto mining resources (e.g. cgminer, sgminer, guiminer, Noodledoodle's code fork) there is no moral obligation that they do so. Ultimately if something is unfair we're free to choose not to participate. Whoever has dramatically increased the hash runs the risk of alienating their potential future buyers if they shut everyone else out of the game, but we'll have to wait and see if that happens.
That's the beauty of it. Abusers get punished by abused people's free will.

People thinking otherwise are, IMHO, stuck in a dictatorial worldview where they think they have no choice.
Bytecoin was 80% premine. Choice was to either complain and follow (cursing the darkness) or create a fair fork (lighting up a candle) - Same thing happened two years ago with Tenebrix (or Ixcoin even earlier), by the way.
TFT chose to light up a candle (after that, he had a kind of management that pissed off enough people to make him ostracized, but that's another matter).

Guys, you are free. But freedom stops when you stop using it.

GreekBitcoin
Legendary

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 05:08:42 PM

Better to say ''what devs (I mean tacotime and other guys) decided''

GIVE A CHANCE! I am in as far as I am able to represent my wishes and view.

I guess tft could actually stopped this if he wanted if he was ever online responding in anything

Sounds like you are trying to make TFT the scapegoat for every little thing that went wrong with Monero.

Give a chance to the community of course. But please dont bring all the sockpuppets of bytecoin and fantomcoin here. And btw what is the problem with the name? Why the hell has tft taken it so personal?!

Nothing went wrong with monero. Quite the opposite. You wouldnt bitching if it did. Yes, i dont like TFT and i have stated why. Can you please tell me if i am wrong on what i am saying about TFT?
kuno

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:09:47 PM

Thank you! We've got a discussion at last.

1) Thank you for that, but maybe you should stop making closed-source optimized miners and get back to work together with the BMR-part of the community?

2) An exact date is preferrable for everybody.

3) I posted already: first they (smooth, eizh, etc) claim that Minergate is not worth using as it is closed source even though it was not optimized in any way. Now they are ok with the closed source optimized miner. Cards on the table I'd say. This is exactly what makes me believe that you've got something even more optimized hidden and creating this crazy high difficulty.

4) Not true, as I see it. Just check, he's responding almost every single day.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563821.0;all

Maybe little bit busy with the code that the "community" eventually took to enjoy the profit?

smooth, would you be willing to shed light on this story? How and when you decided to act? Why?

5) My point is not in TFT at all. My point is that these actions discredit the BitMonero/Monero. Changing name and taking over control, fine, I'm not against it. But doing it and then launching the closed-source optimized miner to only see the difficulty reach the stratosphere - that is what I find very suspicious.

6) I would like to hear tacotime, smooth, David, NoodleDoodle and who ever else hides behind monero profile. This is the question to them as they are the only who are aware of what is going on.

Ultimately if something is unfair we're free to choose not to participate.

You started this whole thing to make it fair. It's not, so I'm trying to get the "team" explain themselves.

They don't need to explain anything to you. You're making a mountain out of a molehill. The difficulty is crazy but who says you need to mine this coin? You can still buy it in the trading thread.
eddywise

Activity: 253

Let's Boolberry

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:22:59 PM

WTF,hash rise so fast
I have mined only 4,5 blocks.
We need pool.

Boolberry : @eddywise                                                                                                                                                                                                                       DRK:XqTbkj1hpCWBpBSvbWtzBRu5PxzJ2KoA3F                                                                                                                                                                                   BTC:1FZYvzY4cPLwwZmU8rGPM7xGYjfjiZUmuZ  Once desperately want, now desperate to forget
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: