Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:24:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 [248] 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150766 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 04:58:51 AM

That said, Just-Dice controls the majority of the staking CLAM and hence the majority of the CLAM network.
There is little the minority of solo-stakers could do to challenge such a change.

What this tells you is that the current situation where the most on the stake is on Just-Dice is completely broken. Just-Dice can effectively wipe out anyone's CLAMs (not just pre-dig) by refusing to stake on top of any blocks that move those coins. You might as well just make the whole damn thing a book entry on a Just-Dice database and dispense with the presence that there is a decentralized crypto.

Which to me is all the more reason to let the supply continue to grow so maybe, someday, there will be more coins in existence than just what people choose to invest in the JD bankroll. Granted that doesn't appear to be happening with the current digger but it at least could happen if the distribution process continues in the future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 05:10:26 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2015, 05:55:51 AM by smooth

However! For PoS coins this isn't the case. We buy 1000 CLAMs, and it's 0.1% of the 1 million total money supply, say. If there's no digging, and only staking, then a year later another 500k CLAMs have been staked. But we have staked 500 of that 500k, since we are 0.1% of the staking weight. So now we have 1500 of the 1.5 million supply, and still have 0.1% of the total money supply. Sure, assuming a constant market cap the price will have decreased by 50%, but our holdings have increased by 50% too, so our net worth in CLAM has remained constant.

This argument is false because it assumes that everyone stakes all the time. Smaller holders aren't necessarily going to stake because it isn't worth the trouble. Or they will stake in a few (or as we see now, one) large pools which catastrophically centralizes the network, and transfers (likely further concentrates in practice) wealth to the pool operator via fees.

People who are actively using the coin in a transactional manner (to the extent such a rumored mythical creature actually exists) also do not stake because the network rules don't allow it.

In this way staking is NOT the same as the inflation we see in USD, BTC, or DOGE, since the newly created coins are shared out to existing holders in proportion to their holdings.

It does bear a lot of resemblance to USD. Some are able to invest and keep up with inflation but others are not. The groups largely mirror the ones described above.

and it seems to push owners to hoard CLAMS and hold them indefinitely.

but it shouldn't. Staking is "running to stay still".

It likely does, for exactly the reason you state: Staying still is better than falling behind.
xploited

Activity: 304
Merit: 252

CLAM Dev

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 05:27:00 AM

I'm a little confused how we progressed to Doogcoin. If theres overwhelming support for whatever changes dooglus would plan on making to doogcoin why exactly are we not implementing them in clams?

I would much prefer to see a unified path then a split. I don't think it will serve anyone positively in the long run.  

SuperClam (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 05:35:01 AM

Quote from: Hippie Tech
Blah Blah Blah
dooglus is a scammer
Blah Blah Blah
This coin is a scam
blah blah blah

Deleted for ad hominem attacks.
Congratulations you are the second moderation/deletion on this thread in it's well over a years existence.
The only deletion for non-spam/advertising.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 05:50:35 AM

I'm a little confused how we progressed to Doogcoin. If theres overwhelming support for whatever changes dooglus would plan on making to doogcoin why exactly are we not implementing them in clams?

I would much prefer to see a unified path then a split. I don't think it will serve anyone positively in the long run.  

What's "overwhelming support"?

I have nonzero CLAMs and I certainly don't support some sort of change that grabs undug claims that (according to the big pretty graphic in the OP) people already own.

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 05:52:05 AM

Blah Blah Blah
dooglus is a scammer
Blah Blah Blah
This coin is a scam
blah blah blah

Congratulations you are the second moderation/deletion on this thread in it's well over a years existence.

Wow.. my new term for shitcoin pushin scammer, "eduffield", is really catching on ! hahaha

If I'm wrong.. they why didn't you just fix the exploit ?

"I dropped the stake reward from 1000 to 1 because ... " Roll Eyes

xploited

CLAM Dev

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 06:12:59 AM

There was no fixing, the lottery was inherently broken and unfixable. 

Suggesting the reward was 1000 is misinformed. It was a max of 1000, and a min of .1, and the overwheming majority of blocks were .1 reward.  Doog posted the chart where inflation increased after the lottery was stopped, you can look back to the last page or two to see it.

nicolaennio

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 09:49:07 AM

Dooglus thanks again for the reply, I will cut a lot mine in order to be brief. The presence of a big and slow digger seems to give headaches to a lot of CLAM holders.

What about capping/limiting the amount of CLAMs which can be digged daily (example: no more than 200 CLAMS per day)? The available limits can be given randomly to diggers who wants them. In this way we are still 'fair' towards prospective diggers and at the same time we give a 'time advantage' to current holders which are, of course, more important than future unknown ones.

▶▶ UR TOKEN ◀◀
═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══
ⓄⓄ UNIVERSAL RECOGNITION TOKEN  ⓄⓄ

【 The first blockchain-based corporate rewards marketplace 】
══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━══
gamblingbad

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

https://bit-exo.com/?ref=gamblingbad

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 11:04:05 AM

Why not implement said Doogcoin alongside Clam on JD, instead of in its place? Kind of like Alex's site where you can gamble a few different crypto's with one common trollbox, etc?

I just spent a few hours away from the computer thinking about things, and came to the same conclusion myself. There's no reason to switch from CLAM to the new coin when we can accept both at the same time. That way people get to lose their balance twice!

The Just-Dice codebase isn't set up to handle multiple currencies, but I can simply run two different instances like I did with the original Just-Dice and Doge-Dice sites.

If you do that will u give investors choice to trade their clam for same amount moneysupply of doogcoin?

░▄░   ████   ░▄░
████░░██████░░████
▄▄░░▄██████████████████▄░░▄▄
░██████████████████████████████░
▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
▄▄▄█████▌                  ▀█████▄▄▄
▐████████▌                   ▐███████▌
▀███████▌     ███████▄      ▐██████▀
▄███████▌     ███████▀      ▐██████▄
▐█████████▌     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▄█████████▌
▐█████████▌                   ▀████████▌
▀███████▌     ████████▄      ▐█████▀
▄███████▌     ████████▀      ▐█████▄
▐████████▌     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▐██████▌
▀▀▀█████▌                   ▄████▀▀▀
▄████▌                 ▄█████▄
░██████████████████████████████░
▀▀░░▀██████████████████▀░░▀▀
████░░██████░░████
░▀    ████    ▀░
Bit-Exo

▄████████████████
                ▐█▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▐████████████████████████████
▄██▄ █████████████████████████████
▀██▀ ████           █     ▐██   █
 ▐▌  ████  ██████▌  █     ██    █
 ▐▌  ████  ██ ▐██   █    ▐█▌    █
 ▐▌  ████     ██    █    ██     █
 ▐▌  ████    ▐█▌    █   ▐█▌     █
█████████    ██     █           █
▀▀▀▀▀████   ▐█▌     █           █
     ████           █           █
     █████████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████

▄████████▄
          ▄██████████████▄
       ▄▄ ████████████████ ▄▄
      ████████████████████████
     ▐█▌  ▀██████████████▀  ▐█▌
     ▐█▄   ▐████████████▌   ▄█▌
      ▀██▄  ████████████  ▄██▀
        ▀██▄ ██████████ ▄██▀
          ▀██████████████▀
          ▀██▀████████▀██▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ██████       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▐████▌▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀▀▀▀███████████ ████ ███████████▀▀▀▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▐████▌▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ▄██████▄
           ▄████████████▄
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄░░░░░░░░▄▄
▄▄████▌░░░░░░▐████▄▄
▄░███████▌░░░░░░▐███████░▄
▄░░░░███████░░░░░░███████░░░░▄
▄░░░░░░██████████████████░░░░░░▄
▐░░░░░░░░████  ██  ██████░░░░░░░░▌
░░░░░░░░░███▀        ▀█████░░░░░░░░
▐▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄  ▐███▄   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▌
█████████████  ▐███▀   █████████████
█████████████         ▀█████████████
█████████████  ▐████▄   ████████████
▐▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀  ▐████▀   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▌
░░░░░░░░░███▄         ▄████░░░░░░░░
▐░░░░░░░░████  ██  ██████░░░░░░░░▌
▀░░░░░░██████████████████░░░░░░▀
▀░░░░███████░░░░░░███████░░░░▀
▀░███████▌░░░░░░▐███████░▀
▀▀████▌░░░░░░▐████▀▀
▀▀░░░░░░░░▀▀

o_dima

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 12:30:46 PM

If you do that will u give investors choice to trade their clam for same amount moneysupply of doogcoin?
Not for everyone of course. Lol. Only if your JD user ID is less than 50000. Or invested amount exceeds 4K clams. Anyway you will have a time (1-2 days) to buy some more clams and get your chance to jump on that train.
chilly2k
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 12:51:09 PM

Why not implement said Doogcoin alongside Clam on JD, instead of in its place? Kind of like Alex's site where you can gamble a few different crypto's with one common trollbox, etc?

I just spent a few hours away from the computer thinking about things, and came to the same conclusion myself. There's no reason to switch from CLAM to the new coin when we can accept both at the same time. That way people get to lose their balance twice!

The Just-Dice codebase isn't set up to handle multiple currencies, but I can simply run two different instances like I did with the original Just-Dice and Doge-Dice sites.

I believe he stated it would be a 1 for 1 swap for all clams not in the original distribution blocks, Which means if your clams have already been dug, you would get 1 doogcoin per. 

This is all just hypothesis at this point.  He is just throwing out ideas for consideration. 

andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 01:51:04 PM

Not for everyone of course. Lol. Only if your JD user ID is less than 50000. Or invested amount exceeds 4K clams. Anyway you will have a time (1-2 days) to buy some more clams and get your chance to jump on that train.
this is the moment im doubling price of uid 18 to 1.6 btc LOL.
Edit: i believe clam should stay as it is, clam was designed in a way and it shouldnt be changed just because people is afraid, there is another 14m of awesome coins or whatever amount it is, i think its a nice rollercoaster we would waste.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 01:56:15 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2015, 02:06:38 PM by Hippie Tech

Blah Blah Blah
dooglus is a scammer
Blah Blah Blah
This coin is a scam
blah blah blah

Wow.. my new term for shitcoin pushin scammer, "eduffield", is really catching on ! hahaha

Suggesting the reward was 1000 is misinformed. It was a max of 1000, and a min of .1, and the overwheming majority of blocks were .1 reward.  Doog posted the chart where inflation increased after the lottery was stopped, you can look back to the last page or two to see it.

I do not need to be a coder to know that its only code !

Those "in the know" used the same excuse 3 years ago when they duped some/most of the community into thinking that scrypt asics were an impossibility.

Would you like to try again ? Roll Eyes

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 02:00:39 PM

mm... Theres nothing like the fresh smell of ponzi pushers in the morning... TAKE A DEEP BREATH PEEPS ! lol

All hail the great Cryptofiat Bank of Doog !

chilly2k
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 02:13:04 PM

mm... Theres nothing like the fresh smell of ponzi pushers in the morning... TAKE A DEEP BREATH PEEPS ! lol

Guess you aren't really following the discussion.  I think the Lol was supposed to mean "I'm only kidding". 

But I like a good conspiracy theory...  getting the tin foil hat ready.. .   

xploited

CLAM Dev

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 02:29:43 PM

Blah Blah Blah
dooglus is a scammer
Blah Blah Blah
This coin is a scam
blah blah blah

Suggesting the reward was 1000 is misinformed. It was a max of 1000, and a min of .1, and the overwheming majority of blocks were .1 reward.  Doog posted the chart where inflation increased after the lottery was stopped, you can look back to the last page or two to see it.

I do not need to be a coder to know that its only code !

Those "in the know" used the same excuse 3 years ago when they duped some/most of the community into thinking that scrypt asics were an impossibility.

Would you like to try again ? Roll Eyes

In this case it would be greatly helpful if you were a coder. Or even if you understood how PoS works, also helpful. Maybe you should try to understand the issue before you make suggestions like "its only code".
It was an unforeseen side effect of PoS. I could explain it to you in detail but it seems you really don't care for the logic anyways, you've made your conclusions.

Were not all perfect here at CLAM.  Mistakes happen.. we fix them, we try to learn from them..  and move on.

Maybe it is possible to have a provable fair onchain lottery with the bitcoin scripting system. I, nor any one else looking at the problem was able to figure out how.

We also had the issue of needing to move quick. Once a flaw in something like this is found you can't wait around while you figure out a solution to a problem that arguable isn't even solvable within the context of the bitcoin script system.

It was being abused. The only logical recourse was to remove it.

andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 02:29:50 PM

Guess you aren't really following the discussion.  I think the Lol was supposed to mean "I'm only kidding". 

But I like a good conspiracy theory...  getting the tin foil hat ready.. .   
It wasnt enough that you have a jew hat?

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
tryphe

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 03:04:27 PM

I'm all for things staying the same. Market sentiment is dubious and people seem to have unsewn themselves from inside their couches just for this reason. Nothing is wrong, and we all signed up for the same distribution. Without the distribution, it's just another token. Aspirations always win, in due time.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 03:09:15 PM

You would just receive a proportional amount of the new coin. No need to trade, though of course you could always trade one coin for the other with an exchange or OTC trade.
uvwvj

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 03:29:30 PM

Wait so Calm pussies are upset someone is claiming the clams from the 17M outstanding clams even though only 1-2 Mhave been dugged or staked, and upset they clams are losing value.

Now they want a Doogcoin that probably should be pegged to Bitcoin so JD can endure.

So back 200 pages and look at what people told you bunch of clamscammers.

Ended up right up in the sclammer developers wheelhouse.
Pages: « 1 ... 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 [248] 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: