Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:47:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 [804] 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984060 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 02:41:44 AM

A brief clarification and overview

I think it's very important to understand and clarify some things here as some people are unsatisfied with our current situation and this may well be due to some unrealistic expectations. While I make this point, do note that we read everything and appreciate every bit of thoughtful criticism we can receive.

After so much time and energy invested, NEM has finally launched. As you have seen, we have had a fairly smooth launch and our platform seems to be behaving as expected until now. A lot of work has been put into this, and our dev team has done everything to ensure NEM is an innovative and solid platform to build upon. Thus, our launch is a major step forward in proving that NEM is real and that our dev team can really deliver valuable innovation. But while we have launched, NEM is far from complete. In fact, all the work leading to our launch has only been our first major step in taking NEM from concept to reality. We have a great team and a solid technological foundation to build upon, so on the one hand that's everything one can wish for, but on the other, there is still a lot of work to be done. Although we are already ahead of most crypto projects, you must understand that NEM's features, killer apps and ease of use are not here yet, but are expected to be implemented until V1. This is why the price discussion, though seemingly justified now, will probably look at best negligible in the long run. We are planning to hit the masses, but not with the current version.

The real journey has just begun. There will probably be a lot of hurdles and unexpected events along the road, but this will no doubt be one hell of a ride judging by all the great people we have on the team and passionate community members. What I am really saying, is that the real value of NEM lays in the future. Both dev team and marketing team have been and are still working hard because this is not the point when NEM is complete and we can relax, quite the contrary. There's still a long way to go and one year from now, NEM will probably be a lot closer to what we want. Once our we will have those things implemented, then we will be ready to offer real value and utility. That will be the point where we will hype things and everyone will hear about NEM. Right now, well, we're not there and we have work to do, but this goes one step at a time.

Bottom line: The bad news is there is no guarantee in this game, despite best intentions we could fail. The good news is we have a great and passionate team which is still here and even bigger after one year, we have not run away with your money(big plus for this since it's very rare in crypto-land Cheesy) and we have delivered a solid, viable, though not yet complete product. This are the valuable things NEM has to offer now and the things with which it sets out on this journey. As it stands, chances are in our favor but there's still a long way to go, so we'd better start working smart and working together. See you later.

This is a personal note and does not necessarily reflect the views of anyone else in the NEM Team.

Cheers,
xtester

NEM marketers are a solid team and NEM devs are amazing.

There is a lot of negativity and I know a lot of people wanted to wake up on launch day with a full blown ecosystem and be millionaires.  That didn't happen and people are let down.

Instead what we have is a very solidly built NIS with a lot of great APIs and not hardly any third party ecosystem.

As time goes by NEM devs will continue to make the platform even more robust and agile and NEM marketers will help to promote an ecosystem. 

Life at NEM had been very busy, and is very different now after launch than before launch and again will be very different after V1 as we will have had more time to get an ecosystem going and additional features and APIs that are not and will continue to not be found elsewhere.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 02:53:10 AM

So much talk and such little results/product.  Roll Eyes

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 03:32:45 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2015, 03:50:14 AM by From Above

My motto is NXT did it first, NEM did it right.

did right what ? just curious what make it so much more better bro

@makoto can u say some more about why nem will be best blockchain as u say.  how can u know the future ?  have u tested ethereum or understand what they r up to (disclaimer: i dont understand ethararium well)?

also important question never asked b4 i think how long is it gonna take for NeM to reach nXt implementations of features like asset exchange etc etc. less than 2-3 years ?

wish good luck, fun and much blessings to u all

makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 04:36:16 AM

My motto is NXT did it first, NEM did it right.

did right what ? just curious what make it so much more better bro

@makoto can u say some more about why nem will be best blockchain as u say.  how can u know the future ?  have u tested ethereum or understand what they r up to (disclaimer: i dont understand ethararium well)?

also important question never asked b4 i think how long is it gonna take for NeM to reach nXt implementations of features like asset exchange etc etc. less than 2-3 years ?

wish good luck, fun and much blessings to u all

Dem NeMz iz bitzcoin 2.0+, so we r gona hav feechures lik assetz pretty soon. R dezine iz gona blo away ethararium.

Blessings to u 2!

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
n3lz0n

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

Go Bitcoin

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 04:45:34 AM

FUDers keep FUDing... the NEM devs will prove all the FUDers wrong... u wait and see...

Go Bitcoin !!!!!!!!!!!
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 04:57:43 AM

I think we just might see XEM dip as low as 41 sat, possibly even within the next 24 hours.

This isn't FUD, btw. I have a nice buy order in at 41 Smiley
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 05:09:47 AM

Do you still harvest when logged out of ones account?

If your node is booted.

Learn more about harvesting here:
http://blog.nem.io/how-local-and-delegated-harvesting-works/
http://blog.nem.io/how-to-use-delegated-harvesting/

By the way, we have lots of great tutorials on our home page:
http://blog.nem.io/nem-tutorial-list/

So i've done all that but when i shut down my computer with delegated harvesting running I dont generate any blocks.. or thats what seems to be the case..

makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 05:10:31 AM

FUDers keep FUDing... the NEM devs will prove all the FUDers wrong... u wait and see...

Anyone who has looked at the source code in our public repo knows we are very serious about this project.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 05:10:52 AM

If your node is booted.

Learn more about harvesting here:
http://blog.nem.io/how-local-and-delegated-harvesting-works/
http://blog.nem.io/how-to-use-delegated-harvesting/

By the way, we have lots of great tutorials on our home page:
http://blog.nem.io/nem-tutorial-list/

So i've done all that but when i shut down my computer with delegated harvesting running I dont generate any blocks.. or thats what seems to be the case..

What is your importance?

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
mickyd

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 05:37:42 AM

A brief clarification and overview

I think it's very important to understand and clarify some things here as some people are unsatisfied with our current situation and this may well be due to some unrealistic expectations. While I make this point, do note that we read everything and appreciate every bit of thoughtful criticism we can receive.

After so much time and energy invested, NEM has finally launched. As you have seen, we have had a fairly smooth launch and our platform seems to be behaving as expected until now. A lot of work has been put into this, and our dev team has done everything to ensure NEM is an innovative and solid platform to build upon. Thus, our launch is a major step forward in proving that NEM is real and that our dev team can really deliver valuable innovation. But while we have launched, NEM is far from complete. In fact, all the work leading to our launch has only been our first major step in taking NEM from concept to reality. We have a great team and a solid technological foundation to build upon, so on the one hand that's everything one can wish for, but on the other, there is still a lot of work to be done. Although we are already ahead of most crypto projects, you must understand that NEM's features, killer apps and ease of use are not here yet, but are expected to be implemented until V1. This is why the price discussion, though seemingly justified now, will probably look at best negligible in the long run. We are planning to hit the masses, but not with the current version.

The real journey has just begun. There will probably be a lot of hurdles and unexpected events along the road, but this will no doubt be one hell of a ride judging by all the great people we have on the team and passionate community members. What I am really saying, is that the real value of NEM lays in the future. Both dev team and marketing team have been and are still working hard because this is not the point when NEM is complete and we can relax, quite the contrary. There's still a long way to go and one year from now, NEM will probably be a lot closer to what we want. Once our we will have those things implemented, then we will be ready to offer real value and utility. That will be the point where we will hype things and everyone will hear about NEM. Right now, well, we're not there and we have work to do, but this goes one step at a time.

Bottom line: The bad news is there is no guarantee in this game, despite best intentions we could fail. The good news is we have a great and passionate team which is still here and even bigger after one year, we have not run away with your money(big plus for this since it's very rare in crypto-land Cheesy) and we have delivered a solid, viable, though not yet complete product. This are the valuable things NEM has to offer now and the things with which it sets out on this journey. As it stands, chances are in our favor but there's still a long way to go, so we'd better start working smart and working together. See you later.

This is a personal note and does not necessarily reflect the views of anyone else in the NEM Team.

Cheers,
xtester

NEM marketers are a solid team and NEM devs are amazing.

There is a lot of negativity and I know a lot of people wanted to wake up on launch day with a full blown ecosystem and be millionaires.  That didn't happen and people are let down.

Instead what we have is a very solidly built NIS with a lot of great APIs and not hardly any third party ecosystem.

As time goes by NEM devs will continue to make the platform even more robust and agile and NEM marketers will help to promote an ecosystem. 

Life at NEM had been very busy, and is very different now after launch than before launch and again will be very different after V1 as we will have had more time to get an ecosystem going and additional features and APIs that are not and will continue to not be found elsewhere.

"NEM marketers are a solid team"  Cheesy

You can show one step from nem marketers since launch or shortly prelaunch? Nem marketing dies not exist
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 06:08:59 AM

I think we just might see XEM dip as low as 41 sat, possibly even within the next 24 hours.

This isn't FUD, btw. I have a nice buy order in at 41 Smiley

I have a small sell order @820sat, so price will be 820 sat in next 12 hrs

IOTA
Laniakea

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 06:13:32 AM

tell me, what's wrong here?

I think we will see $10 NEM.
1 XEM = $100 USD sounds about right.
Quote from: Jaguar0625 link=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=426303.msg5518308#msg5518308
Personally, I will be surprised if NEM doesn't eventually surpass NXT. And, if things break right, it could be much larger.

n3lz0n

Go Bitcoin

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 06:14:03 AM

-------> http://bob.nem.ninja/docs/ <----------

XEM is way too cheap....LOL with the amount of work the devs did?... long term up!!!

Go Bitcoin !!!!!!!!!!!
Laniakea

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 06:18:27 AM

-------> http://bob.nem.ninja/docs/ <----------

XEM is way too cheap....LOL with the amount of work the devs did?... long term up!!!

There's just one major misequation in that picture. Yes, the code IS a work of art and many hours of sweat and brain power went into it obviously. BUT if there's no interest - and as we've clearly seen now, there isn't - you can actually build the greatest stuff around. But people don't care either way.

This is sad, but reality. Reality isn't always flowers, free beer all day all year long and $100 XEM. No, it's not. I tell you what. Reality is 50 satoshi XEM. I hate that just like you do, but I can see reality. It would take a miracle for NEM to really live up to what it hopes to succeed: be the #1 in crypto. The likelihood for this to happen is very thin and judging from the brains that coded this thing, the developers of NEM certainly know that.

BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 06:18:47 AM

Be a little grateful that you got a free stake in the first place and don't forget that it's not you that's doing the work.
sdersdf3

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 06:20:35 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2015, 07:06:24 AM by sdersdf3

makoto1337, could I get your input on this question asked earlier?:

Quote from: sdersdf3

5) I think one of the big issue facing this and a lot of other coins is that it's apparently really tough to code new features into cryptocoins -- either that or devs that code quickly in C++/Java in this space are few and far between - if that's the case - and I'm not sure whether it is or not - maybe it's because the financial rewards aren't large enough compared to what they could be getting elsewhere, or C++/Java are just tough to code period, or all of the above). It just seems to take a very long time to introduce or test even the smallest new changes on this coin and most other coins from what I've seen. I think this also factors into the delay in getting this on other alt exchanges (not that there are many left anyway these days after Poloniex, Bittrex and Cryptsy).

It'll be interesting to see if Ethereum (whenever it's finally done) offers a platform where devs can more quickly iterate and create new features. I keep hearing that their use of this simplified "Serpent" variant of Python is quicker to code.

Anyway, I'm really struck by how long it seems to take to get new things done on any coin, including bitcoin-related stuff like sidechains - not singling out NEM at all in this. Would be great to get from any NEM devs some perspective on this question to those of us on the outside looking in.

Is NEM going to be a platform like Ethereum's? How is it going to be a better platform to build apps? (Easier, faster to code and/or more robust)? Are people going to be able to create new coins on it?

We want to make the NEM block chain platform like legos, where you can build complex systems using simple parts. If you want a coin on top of it, then you could assemble it from basic components (essentially our colored coin implementation, but we are trying to go beyond standard colored coins).

Could you elaborate on this, how much of this is already in place and what the approximate timeline is for the rest of this? Also, is anything more planned as far as increasing transaction speed? Especially as far as potential use as a decentralised exchange. I understand that one issue with using decentralised ledgers as platforms for asset exchange is that transaction speeds and "bandwidth" are too slow/small to handle large-volume/real-time transactions - and that this is the case for both CounterParty and Ethereum as its currently envisioned.

Does NEM's current platform - I mean the code as it exists today - bring something new to the table as far as being a better platform for handling high-speed/high-volume transaction activity?

n3lz0n

Go Bitcoin

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 06:31:30 AM

jeez....too much negativity... I want to see these FUDster/critics make their own coins from scratch...

you don't like this coin? dump it and move on...leave the Devs alone

this is a long term HODL....u watch...

bye for now...

Go Bitcoin !!!!!!!!!!!
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 06:40:48 AM

jeez....too much negativity... I want to see these FUDster/critics make their own coins from scratch...

you don't like this coin? dump it and move on...leave the Devs alone

this is a long term HODL....u watch...

bye for now...

NEM is a block chain platform and DAO, not just a coin. XEM is just one part of a larger plan.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
MadCow

Activity: 655

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 06:56:55 AM

yes, if you setup delegated harvestng properly
luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 06:59:17 AM

keep dumping am buyin  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 [804] 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: