Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:29:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 516 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S3+ Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 709800 times)
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:45:02 PM

FWIW, After ~10 hours running with --queue 32, slightly overclocked to 225, share difficulty set to 256.

Does not seem to have affected hashing at all, but noticeable CPU load decrease.

Please, what would you suggest we set the queue, scan time and expiry to?
Again, do not touch scan time and expiry.
Giving you generic advice regarding the queue setting is difficult because this is not my driver...I'd be surprised if it really needs to be that high though, and on a low powered system there is rarely anything to gain from anything even in the hundreds, let alone thousands.
Thanks for this. Going to run one of my units with --queue 32 overnight and see how the stats look when I wake up.
I tried it at 64 and got a high discard rate. I'll try it with 32 as you have and see if that will be my sweet spot. I removed the scan time and expiry as ck suggested.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sjc1490

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:54:44 PM

FWIW, After ~10 hours running with --queue 32, slightly overclocked to 225, share difficulty set to 256.

Does not seem to have affected hashing at all, but noticeable CPU load decrease.

Giving you generic advice regarding the queue setting is difficult because this is not my driver...I'd be surprised if it really needs to be that high though, and on a low powered system there is rarely anything to gain from anything even in the hundreds, let alone thousands.
Thanks for this. Going to run one of my units with --queue 32 overnight and see how the stats look when I wake up.
I tried it at 64 and got a high discard rate. I'll try it with 32 as you have and see if that will be my sweet spot. I removed the scan time and expiry as ck suggested.

I have been playing around with a variety of different numbers also  best overall performance (load, HWE, Discards, and stales) I have gotten is setting all 3 settings to 1 and that is what I am staying with.

BTC ADDRESS: 12Qwd8VKLQ4xF44ytHXBpCAKuF9VknG4X2
bitcoinbelieve

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:03:15 PM

One of my S3 temperature shows as 0 (for both chain 1, 2). How do I resolve this?

I tried to restart, reboot and nothing helped.
iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:10:59 PM

Still no 7.7% refund  Angry anyone else got there's yet? Can someone from Bitmain please confirm that we will actually receive this today?

Nope still waiting

Waiting.  They could at least tell us WHEN to expect it.  How hard could it be to process these?  It's a drop in the bucket compared to what they have collected just from users here alone.

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
Didldak

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

Oh boy!

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:13:16 PM

I cannot see any ASIC blade on my S3 :/ I can connect to it, it says "mining", but hash rate 0gh/s, no blade in the bottom part of miner status.
Firmware latest, help please Sad

Hey.. watsup.
bitcoinbelieve

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:17:18 PM

I cannot see any ASIC blade on my S3 :/ I can connect to it, it says "mining", but hash rate 0gh/s, no blade in the bottom part of miner status.
Firmware latest, help please Sad

You check the pool address is correct along with the worker/password. If that doesn't help go reboot route.
sjc1490

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:24:05 PM

One of my S3 temperature shows as 0 (for both chain 1, 2). How do I resolve this?

You have confirmed that is it mining and submitting?

bitcoinbelieve

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:28:45 PM

Yes
sjc1490

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:32:24 PM

Yes
One of my S2's has a bad sensor on one card always has reported 0 and it is just bad. This is probably going to be a rma issue for bitmain as I don't know of a software or tweak fix for it. Are the fans functioning correctly, changing speeds as needed?

Lowell904

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:35:25 PM

Has their been any news on the S1 upgrade modules to upgrade with the S3 modules to use
No news yet. Curious myself. Have 9 S1's collecting dust I would like to upgrade if possible.

Mine are going to be collecting dust at the end of this month when they get turned off however going into a partnership for mining as opted to pay me for energy costs so going to see how it works outs. other than that if it fails then ill probs end up holding them until theirs news of the upgrade modules and continue to trade on markets.

I'll be under-clocking and under-volting my S1 in a month or so as it will make it more efficient and thus, profitable for a little longer.
bitcoinbelieve

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:37:38 PM

Yes
One of my S2's has a bad sensor on one card always has reported 0 and it is just bad. This is probably going to be a rma issue for bitmain as I don't know of a software or tweak fix for it. Are the fans functioning correctly, changing speeds as needed?

Everything is working order except the temp display
Lowell904

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:37:45 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2014, 09:25:47 PM by ckolivas

I have been playing around with a variety of different numbers also  best overall performance (load, HWE, Discards, and stales) I have gotten is setting all 3 settings to 1 and that is what I am staying with.

Thanks for posting.  I'll be playing around a bit today as well.

Are you using 2 or 4 cables? I would like to try to go to 225 after I get some heat sinks for the DC/DCs but I will only have 2 cables available.
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:38:13 PM

Have a look inside the ant miner see if the sensor is actually connected to the board or try removing and re applying it. Make sure unit is turned off when doing this. If it is then you could try firmware update flash with image then reset to see if it comes on if it don't then this looks more of a faulty sensor if none of the above resolves the problem then looks like possible rma.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
windpath
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 07:39:13 PM

Yes

RMA for a faulty temp sensor is going to cost you more then its worth...

If your concerned one of the fans is running to slow because of the sensor reporting 0 just cut the blue wire (yes, cut the blue wire) on the fan and it will run full speed.
sjc1490

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:41:59 PM

Yes

Everything is working order except the temp display

If everything else is working fine I would live with it, that is what I have done.

Duce

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:47:45 PM

I am glad "CK" provided his input as I too removed scan and expiry from the settings for pool operation but have put them back in for P2P testing as "CK" said was worth testing. BTW apparently "BestShare" is always reported from P2P but not all major pools. Don't know if you noticed that or not so I figured I would throw that out there.
bitcoinbelieve

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:55:24 PM

Yes

If your concerned one of the fans is running to slow because of the sensor reporting 0 just cut the blue wire (yes, cut the blue wire) on the fan and it will run full speed.

The fans are working as it should
bitcoinbelieve

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:59:48 PM

Have a look inside the ant miner see if the sensor is actually connected to the board or try removing and re applying it. Make sure unit is turned off when doing this. If it is then you could try firmware update flash with image then reset to see if it comes on if it don't then this looks more of a faulty sensor if none of the above resolves the problem then looks like possible rma.

what does it look like?
hobbymd

Activity: 259

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:15:22 PM

Yes

The fans are working as it should

I also had*thought* a faulty temp sensor on one of the s2 blades but didn't care since it was hashing fine and temps were ok and it would have cost me more to rma it so I lived with it.  until this weekend when I cleaned the blades for the first time and removed excess paste on both sides of each blade.

when I turned it back on noticed I had temp reading on that same blade that had faulty sensor before Wink so maybe in your case if you have excess paste then it might be the cause  Wink

crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:18:55 PM

what does it look like?

is part of the module un plug the fan and place in the other one ie reverse it and see if the temperature shows on the other controller instead. if this does not work then it  will be controller and am not sure where the actual temp sensor is no doubt some tiny thing sitting under the heat sync somewhere but cant actually see. Avalon had a wire sensor you can replace and I did exactly that on my avalon.

Antminer on the other hand think its part of the unit built into it. only option try flipping the fan to the other end and flip around see if that sensor works on that one if it don't then it. However having said that this is the S3 I would need to see it in parts to see where the sensor is on it maybe someone already had one in bits and broke down. if looking at one inside with the tiny heat plates then could be under one of them or its built in.

If built in on a tiny resistor sort of thing then you only have 2 options 1 is flashing firmware seeing if that will work or 2 living with it and contacting bitmain about it for poss RMA or some sort of guidance on where location of it is and seeing if damaged.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 516 »
  Print  

Jump to: