Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:28:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 ... 646 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701170 times)
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:12:56 PM

I know how to create a rule to, for example, launch VNC on my host system and have it launch for a rig.  But is there a way to create a rule that will execute an application on the rig itself instead of the AM host?  I'm not seeing it unless I'm just missing it.

When you are setting up your rule, when you are setting up the Action: Run Executable section... there is a note at the bottom of the page that says to use the [Host] in the parameters.  That should launch it on the remote system.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
puwaha

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:15:05 PM

Does anybody know how to make AwesomeMiner work with Claymore when -mpsw is set? After I set the -mpsw option, AwesomeMiner can no longer detect the miners and keep saying "Interface offline". Thanks in advance.

Why do you want to set a password on your monitoring port in Claymore?  Isn't your rig behind a firewall?
puwaha

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:17:29 PM

After upgrading Awesome Miner this morning I am getting a Windows Defender message about Trojan:Win32/Azden.A!cl (severe) about Claymore's Dual Ethereum+Decred_Siacoin_Libry_Pasca+NVIDIA GPU miner v10.6/EthDcrMiner64.exe.tmp in my remote miner instance,  Anyone else seeing this? and could it be a false positive?

I think I remember this in previous versions but I want to be sure before I allow it in.

Most mining software is going to throw AV warnings these days.  Please follow this guide to make the exceptions on the AM folder to ignore them:  http://awesomeminer.com/help/defender.aspx
puwaha

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:19:52 PM

One of my Win10 mining machines stopped GPU mining and I went to check, to see why awesome miner didn't restart the GPU miner. Found the Claymore window in this state:

Code:
╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
║         Claymore's CryptoNote AMD GPU Miner v10.2 Beta         ║
╚════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

XMR: 1 pool is specified
Main Monero pool is us-east.cryptonight-hub.miningpoolhub.com:20596
At least 16 GB of Virtual Memory is required for multi-GPU systems
Make sure you defined GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
Be careful with overclocking, use default clocks for first tests
Press "s" for current statistics, "0".."9" to turn on/off cards, "r" to reload pools
OpenCL initializing...
AMD Cards available: 1
GPU #0: Ellesmere, 8192 MB available, 36 compute units
GPU #0 recognized as Radeon RX 480/580
POOL version

and in Awesomeminer it says Interface offline. I have a rule to reset a miner that makes no progress:

* Triggeres: Accepted (3 minutes ago) Equals 0
* Actions: Restart miner

It never gets enacted. Miner is offline for hours. Requires me to manually hit Restart button on awesomeminer. What gives?

Using the Offline trigger is probably a better one to use for this situation.
crazydane

Activity: 558
Merit: 194

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:34:29 PM

Is it possible to configure an external managed profit miner running Linux (nvOC for example)?

I was hoping to at least be able to call scripts via ssh to change the "coin" on the nvOC rig and then restart the miner, but I'm not seeing how to do that.

I looked under rules and I don't see any triggers related to profit switching that would then allow me to create an action to ssh a "coin change" to a Linux miner.

Is there a trick I'm missing that allows this functionality?

Any plans for a remote agent for Linux?

So right now I'm just using AM to monitor my nvOC rigs, which is ok, but I was hoping for more.  Also, I'm running DSTM 0.5.8 on the nvOC rigs with API/telemetry enabled, but all it is pulling back is very basic info about the GPU's on each rig.  See below:

So I take it this is a limitation of DSTM?

Thanks
puwaha

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:36:33 PM

Who mines the mode cerrent or 24 hours?
look at what a big difference in the readings of the profits

24 hour
http://pixs.ru/showimage/Skrinshot2_3257073_29130100.png

setting
http://pixs.ru/showimage/Skrinshot2_6250106_29130122.png

current
http://pixs.ru/showimage/Skrinshot2_9443292_29130136.png

what are your settings?

Very interested in some information about this topic as well...  Also, single dedicated pools and managing them in AM vs multi-algo pools

There's no right or wrong answer here, only what your priorities are.  The Current setting will make AM check the current values at Whattomine, and the 24 hour setting will make AM check the 24 hour values at Whattomine.  AM is agnostic in this decision... it's yours to make.

Why would you choose one over the other?  Using the current values will attempt to keep you on the most profitable coin... at that point in time.  This can and will cause peaks and valleys in your overall profits because coins don't stay "most profitable" for very long.  The 24 hour values will help smooth out those peaks and valleys to keep you mining a "mostly" profitable coin longer.  I've written extensively about profit switching in this thread, I ask that you go back or search this thread for my musings and opinions on the matter.

Remember though, the Current and 24 hour setting would only apply to individual coins that you are mining, not to Online services like zpool, MPH, and the like.  If you setup a dozen of your favorite coins as individual pools and put them in a pool group then AM can profit switch on that pool group and will use the Whattomine statistics including your Current/24 setting to help AM decide when to switch.
puwaha

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:07:27 PM

Is it possible to configure an external managed profit miner running Linux (nvOC for example)?

I was hoping to at least be able to call scripts via ssh to change the "coin" on the nvOC rig and then restart the miner, but I'm not seeing how to do that.

I looked under rules and I don't see any triggers related to profit switching that would then allow me to create an action to ssh a "coin change" to a Linux miner.

There are no profit switching triggers for rules currently in AM.  It has been a requested feature.

You can setup the scripts to manually switch as an action though.  You'd need to setup the SSH scripting through putty or plink as in this guide:  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/39361444/automating-command-script-execution-using-putty

So, in theory, you could use AM to manually run your user-defined actions to call putty so that it can execute some commands (as per nvoc's documentation https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1854250.msg19503300#msg19503300).  When you are in your miner view, there is quick access to these Actions in the bar at the top.  If nothing else, you will be prepared with all of your Actions defined if some profit switching triggers get added in AM later, or someone offers a plugin to do so.

There is a C# script interface for the trigger where you could define your own profit switching trigger, but that functionality would have to come outside of AM.

Patrike has mentioned that is could be a possibility, but I think that's going to take a bit of time... mostly because no two linux distros are the same.  I don't envision that a remote agent for a "roll your own" linux system would be supportable.  Patrike would have to offer his own linux distro that he knows and can program around to incorporate the remote agent and known paths for the mining software and settings.  Can you imagine all the posts here with "I can't figure out how to set firewall settings in Linux to allow remote agent communication", or "how do you overclock in linux"... all of which would have nothing to do with AM.

So right now I'm just using AM to monitor my nvOC rigs, which is ok, but I was hoping for more.  Also, I'm running DSTM 0.5.8 on the nvOC rigs with API/telemetry enabled, but all it is pulling back is very basic info about the GPU's on each rig.  See below:

Not all mining software will expose those values through their API.
jasonjohnson99

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:01:59 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2018, 09:06:40 PM by jasonjohnson99

Here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG16ENVpQlg

p.s. @patrike I mentioned this bug on here a few months ago and haven't had any luck.  It has spanned multiple versions of the software - both primary and the remote agent have been updated several times with the bug never going away.

Jeez...I have this right now too.. So bloody annoying!  I want to clear out the hosts and create new ones.  They are f'd up!  Anyone know how to delete hosts?  Haven't found a way yet.  I was in the ConfigData.xml and found the hosts, I tried deleting them but they came back.

JJ

Hi JJ,

I'm curious as to what makes you think it is hosts related?   I've tried mapping to IP addresses without using host names and it still does it.

Sorry that you have the same bug... fingers crossed Patrike can help

I don't actually, but for the two problem miners, they both have duplicated hosts so I thought something must be messed up.  Regardless, I want the ability to remove hosts. I might just wipe AM and do a fresh install to clear it all out and see if I still have issues.

*edit* - actually just found the screen where you can delete hosts so I'll clean them all out and re-add them.
JJ
eminer001

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:14:19 PM

Where can we download and add to AM high performance miners like ccminer X17SPmod ?

if you go to http://www.zpool.ca/site/miners  on most popular algos, like X17 and order by percent of used mining software, you will see that X17SPmod has the best HashRate and is used by 65% of top miners. next one is alexis with just 15%.  

For NeoScrypt algo the best performance is from ccminer/8.18-KlausT  and we can easily find it and integrate. Any idea why it is not included in AM ? Or how can we find and download all the other SP-mod ones, for the highest profit ?

Any ideea ?
Sp_ sells his work, you need to write to him in the PM, pay 0.5 btc and you will receive updates on his mods

So you mean all 3000 x17 miners from zpool paid for X17SPmod   version ?  There is a different optimized x17 version somewhere, I think, because otherwise sp_ just got 18 million dollars from selling just x17SPmod version only on zpool , and it is insanely too much.

What do you think ?

crazydane

Activity: 558
Merit: 194

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:03:47 PM

There are no profit switching triggers for rules currently in AM.  It has been a requested feature.

You can setup the scripts to manually switch as an action though.  You'd need to setup the SSH scripting through putty or plink as in this guide:  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/39361444/automating-command-script-execution-using-putty

So, in theory, you could use AM to manually run your user-defined actions to call putty so that it can execute some commands (as per nvoc's documentation https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1854250.msg19503300#msg19503300).  When you are in your miner view, there is quick access to these Actions in the bar at the top.  If nothing else, you will be prepared with all of your Actions defined if some profit switching triggers get added in AM later, or someone offers a plugin to do so.

There is a C# script interface for the trigger where you could define your own profit switching trigger, but that functionality would have to come outside of AM.

Patrike has mentioned that is could be a possibility, but I think that's going to take a bit of time... mostly because no two linux distros are the same.  I don't envision that a remote agent for a "roll your own" linux system would be supportable.  Patrike would have to offer his own linux distro that he knows and can program around to incorporate the remote agent and known paths for the mining software and settings.  Can you imagine all the posts here with "I can't figure out how to set firewall settings in Linux to allow remote agent communication", or "how do you overclock in linux"... all of which would have nothing to do with AM.

So right now I'm just using AM to monitor my nvOC rigs, which is ok, but I was hoping for more.  Also, I'm running DSTM 0.5.8 on the nvOC rigs with API/telemetry enabled, but all it is pulling back is very basic info about the GPU's on each rig.  See below:

Not all mining software will expose those values through their API.

Thanks for the answers!  Not exactly what I was hoping for, for at least now I know.  I'm still learning AM and I might throw Win10 on a rig or two to see how it goes.  The rigs all have 240GB SSD drives (for virtual memory for GPU's which can be as high as 99GB)  at and least G4400 CPU's, so they are capable of running windows.  There looks to be excellent support for restarting remote windows miners when they misbehave, which they will. 
CreamyG31337

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:09:09 PM

Where can we download and add to AM high performance miners like ccminer X17SPmod ?

if you go to http://www.zpool.ca/site/miners  on most popular algos, like X17 and order by percent of used mining software, you will see that X17SPmod has the best HashRate and is used by 65% of top miners. next one is alexis with just 15%.  

For NeoScrypt algo the best performance is from ccminer/8.18-KlausT  and we can easily find it and integrate. Any idea why it is not included in AM ? Or how can we find and download all the other SP-mod ones, for the highest profit ?

Any ideea ?
Sp_ sells his work, you need to write to him in the PM, pay 0.5 btc and you will receive updates on his mods

So you mean all 3000 x17 miners from zpool paid for X17SPmod   version ?  There is a different optimized x17 version somewhere, I think, because otherwise sp_ just got 18 million dollars from selling just x17SPmod version only on zpool , and it is insanely too much.

What do you think ?

Wow, amazing, you figured it out. Please stop asking about it here. If so many people have it, maybe it's easy to find?
Here's some suggested search terms for google:
"How do I search for things"
"What is the best antivirus"

BTC tip jar: bc1qtepyll2c9fkn67wpnhunclw4mf39nc2jx79zdh
jasonjohnson99

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:21:26 PM

Here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG16ENVpQlg

p.s. @patrike I mentioned this bug on here a few months ago and haven't had any luck.  It has spanned multiple versions of the software - both primary and the remote agent have been updated several times with the bug never going away.

Jeez...I have this right now too.. So bloody annoying!  I want to clear out the hosts and create new ones.  They are f'd up!  Anyone know how to delete hosts?  Haven't found a way yet.  I was in the ConfigData.xml and found the hosts, I tried deleting them but they came back.

JJ

Hi JJ,

I'm curious as to what makes you think it is hosts related?   I've tried mapping to IP addresses without using host names and it still does it.

Sorry that you have the same bug... fingers crossed Patrike can help

Hey, I found the hosts screen (options, managed hosts) and deleted the duplicates, reassigned the affected miners and success.  Everything is happy.
!CryptoChaser!

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:05:50 PM

I'm a new user to Awesome Miner, so pardon the question that may have an easy answer.

I want Awesome Miner to purely monitor, and restart if it fails my current session of CCMiner.  I'm mining using the x17 algorithm against Yiimp. 

How do I configure Awesome Miner to monitor, and restart my own command in the case of failure.  I'm running NVidia 1060's 6G, 4 of them, with 2 more on the way. 

I really like the idea of the software, but can't get it to do what I thought it could do.

Thanks!
rafaeldelrey

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:43:06 AM

I have been using AwesomeMiner free edition for awhile, but today I decided to go to the premium version, since now I have more rigs and I would like to check its overclocking functions.  Some issues I have found:
- "GPU Settings" dialog only shows GPU0, GPU1 and so on.  No model information.  I have tried to use the "map to system monitoring" and it didnt help (only the list on the bottom is updated, but not the one on GPU Settings;
- It doesnt keep the overclocking settings after reboot.  Actually, only the Power Limit is kept, while core/mem clock go back to zero;
- It takes 2 or more tries, clicking on "GPU Settings" to make it load the list of gpus, after reboot.
- In one of my rigs, GPU10 isnt affected by the GPU settings.
- I have tried to use the auto loading of GPU profiles at the miner, but it just allowed me to load one profile (I supposed it will be applied to all gpus).  In rigs with more than on gpu model, this wont help;

Is there any solution for these issues?

Thank you
yhbae

Activity: 119

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:19:09 AM

I have been using AwesomeMiner free edition for awhile, but today I decided to go to the premium version, since now I have more rigs and I would like to check its overclocking functions.  Some issues I have found:
- "GPU Settings" dialog only shows GPU0, GPU1 and so on.  No model information.  I have tried to use the "map to system monitoring" and it didnt help (only the list on the bottom is updated, but not the one on GPU Settings;
- It doesnt keep the overclocking settings after reboot.  Actually, only the Power Limit is kept, while core/mem clock go back to zero;
- It takes 2 or more tries, clicking on "GPU Settings" to make it load the list of gpus, after reboot.
- In one of my rigs, GPU10 isnt affected by the GPU settings.
- I have tried to use the auto loading of GPU profiles at the miner, but it just allowed me to load one profile (I supposed it will be applied to all gpus).  In rigs with more than on gpu model, this wont help;

Is there any solution for these issues?

Thank you

I have raised some of the points you are making and Patrike says improvements are coming...  Grin
Mr.Spider703

Activity: 392
Merit: 27

http://radio.r41.ru

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 05:10:55 AM

Any ideea ?

What do you think ?

it can be only one owner who bought this mod, but he has 3,000 vorkers, that's the answer for you. Buy yourself this c-mod and work on it, I'm not so rich to pay 0.5 btc. if I wanted it, it was my revenue for the year, provided that I would not withdraw money to my card

I'm a new user to Awesome Miner, so pardon the question that may have an easy answer.

I want Awesome Miner to purely monitor, and restart if it fails my current session of CCMiner.  I'm mining using the x17 algorithm against Yiimp.  

How do I configure Awesome Miner to monitor, and restart my own command in the case of failure.  I'm running NVidia 1060's 6G, 4 of them, with 2 more on the way.  

I really like the idea of the software, but can't get it to do what I thought it could do.

Thanks!

options- rules - dead device detection
on this path, look and tune as you need, I have a reboot pc at the dump card
eminer001

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:29:12 AM

The past days came with a lot of errors when miner tries to connect to mining pools like zpool, hashrefinery and last 12 hours also ahashpool.
It seems all few pools that are preconfigured in AM are overloaded and refuse new connections.

Is it possible to add also some more pools in AM default installations to allow users to dissipate load, because too many miners on the same place is affecting all of us .

It is a problem because for pools it is like a ddos attack.

Can you add some more pools that have  statistics api for integration ? Or anyone has a list of reliable pools to use besides default ones that are promoted by AM default installation ?
NetfetMiningCompany

Activity: 315
Merit: 8

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:37:31 AM

Has anyone been able to mine LUX using AMD and sgMiner? I cannot get it working for the life of me. It just gpu not detected every single time.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
cryptotamer01

Activity: 653
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:28:26 PM

Hi everyone can someone tell me which algos and miners work with profit swiching while mining with vega...
puch0021

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:39:09 PM

I believe there is a bug with Claymore dual mining etherium and dcr/pasc possibly when using nicehash.

With nicehash configured for to check for current profitability, when the miner runs Eth + DCR despite under the miner view details that Eth + Pasc profitability ($2.71) > Eth ($2.65) > Eth + DCR ($2.46).

Under process information it shows AM will continue to load DCR by selecting -dcoin dcr instead of pasc.

Is there a setting that I am missing to set? It seems like AM keeps defaulting to DCR but I can't figure out what I need to change.

Pages: « 1 ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 ... 646 »
  Print  

Jump to: