Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 09:45:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 ... 647 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701540 times)
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 09:42:47 AM

I've been having troubles trying to set up a remote miner on the same local network. I've installed the remote service agent program on my remote PC.

I've added a new miner using the "New Managed Profit Miner" option, specifying my "Miner Host" as my remote rig's local IP, and performed a  "test connection" option, which works successfully.

Yet when all of this is done and I right click "Start Miner", my main (host) PC just shows the remote miner as greyed out when I right click, not letting me stop it, along with not actually mining/starting anything on the remote rig.

Any thoughts/ideas?
The first step is to try the Diagnostics button to see if it indicates any specific issues. If not, please send me the log files for Awesome Miner and Remote Agent, and indicate the time of the issue.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 09:54:00 AM

Awesome Miner version 4.4.1

- Cloud Services: Multiple Telegram clients can sign in and get notifications from Awesome Miner
- Cloud Services: Heartbeat feature includes support for Telegram notifications
- Display of Accepted and Rejected shares per GPU for Claymore Ethereum miner
- Configuration of automatic restart of crashed miner can be disabled by setting 0 restart attempts in the Options dialog, Advanced section
- Trigger for Check Statistics adds support for evaluating Rejected shares in addition to Accepted shares.
- Trigger for Computer Idle adds support for specifying time in seconds instead of minutes
- Notification list support keyboard shortcut Ctrl+A and Ctrl+C to copy all notifications to clipboard
- Awesome Miner API for miners includes hashrate value specified as a number
- Profit switcher will show error message if no pool can fulfill the requirements of the selected combination of algorithms and mining software
- Excavator 1.4 supported as External Miner
- Alexis Ccminer version updated
- Corrected hashrate summary when moving miners between groups
- Minor corrections

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 09:55:54 AM

I've seen a number of discussions about the Excavator miner, and I've just implemented initial support for the recent versions of Excavator as an External Miner. It's included in the latest Awesome Miner release where it's at least possible to monitor it.

I do have an implementation for it as a Managed Miner in the pipeline as well, but that one needs a bit more testing before I will release it. More operations will also be made available later on.

The Excavator mining software is a bit special, and it looks like the configuration file needs to be specified with the number of workers you want for each GPU (the worker.add command). From an Awesome Miner point of view it would be great if Excavator simply could use all GPU's by default, because having Awesome Miner detecting GPU's first and then launch Excavator with a configuration based on this is a possible source of error.

The Excavator miner also provides very few configuration options via the command line, making it difficult to override any behaviors that Awesome Miner will enforce by default. I will try to come up with a good way to support this software anyway, but it's has a "unique" design.

In addition to the above, the Excavator miner will never be downloaded automatically due to the restrictions in the Nicehash EULA.

Thank you for adding Excavator support and for the effort to integrate new api from it.

I want to propose to you some improvements :

1) I think it would be very useful for all AM users to see also the hash-rate a pool records for us. Lately almost all pools had connection problems, was stopped or they are simply recording a lower hashrate than the one that we see on miner's window.
To achieve this you have to call pool's API : https://www.ahashpool.com/api/walletEx/?address=   and you have the list of all miners. You have to uniquely identify each AM instance by assigning a uniquely generated random ID (that appears also in API json from the pool) that remains the same for a RIG (do not generate a new id when starting a new miner to track past values). Now that you have uniquely identified  each instance you will have to download every 1 minute a new JSON from the link above and add values together with timestamp in an array you store for each pool and algo. By making the difference between 2 consecutive different values and divide to the number of seconds between the 2 values you have the real HashRate per second from the Pool. You also can show values like : unsold, balance and unpaid for that pool.
The implementation from above will give us very useful insight about each pool performance and can help us earn more, now that BTC has a very low value, every optimization is really useful.

2) Sometimes when pools have too many connections they disable new connections for a period of time for a specific algo. In this case AM remains stucked with the last value AM received from the mining instance of ccminer and does nothing to fix that.
I believe it would be better to show income statistics based on submitted (and also accepted shares) , instead AM now remains without any refresh to the last hash rate that was submitted by ccminer  even hours ago.
If AM waits for hours for an updated hashrate from ccminer and does not take time into consideration it is not the correct behavior. It should have a timer that checks every x seconds the received hashrate from the miner (if there isn't an updated value - identical values could also be a problem - , the for several checks, that miner has an issue) with one minute delay when miner is started to allow all GPUs to be started and send hash rates. Like this if one pool / algo server is offline, it will change to the next most profitable algo from the list.

What do you think, Patrike ?

Thanks for your feedback.

1) I'm planning to add the pool balance on the Balance tab, just below the existing list of wallet addres balances. This item is quite high on my priority list, but the implementation has not yet started. Hopefully I will have it done before the end of this month.

2) I've already started the implementation for detecting pool failures as part of the profit switcher. What I've implemented so far is that the profit switcher looks at the number of Accepted Shares. If it's not moving for 5 - 10 minutes (configurable), the pool will be marked as "failed" and will be ignored by the profit switcher for 2 - 24 hours (configurable). The profit switcher would then move on to the next pool that isn't marked as "failed".

What I've implemented so far should at least partially solve the case you describe. Hopefully I will be able to have a first release with this feature later this week.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 10:00:06 AM

Recently I had an issue with Awesome Miner and I wanted to do a clean uninstall and reinstall. I uninstalled the program using the Control Panel and now when I attempt to reinstall I get an error message stating that "The older version of Awesome Minor could not be removed." Can anyone help me get this reinstalled? This is on a windows 10 system if that helps.
Microsoft has a tool for removing software where the Windows Installer (used for MSI based installations) isn't behaving as it should:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

Please give it a try.

eminer001

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:27:35 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2018, 10:42:53 AM by eminer001

I've seen a number of discussions about the Excavator miner, and I've just implemented initial support for the recent versions of Excavator as an External Miner. It's included in the latest Awesome Miner release where it's at least possible to monitor it.

I do have an implementation for it as a Managed Miner in the pipeline as well, but that one needs a bit more testing before I will release it. More operations will also be made available later on.

The Excavator mining software is a bit special, and it looks like the configuration file needs to be specified with the number of workers you want for each GPU (the worker.add command). From an Awesome Miner point of view it would be great if Excavator simply could use all GPU's by default, because having Awesome Miner detecting GPU's first and then launch Excavator with a configuration based on this is a possible source of error.

The Excavator miner also provides very few configuration options via the command line, making it difficult to override any behaviors that Awesome Miner will enforce by default. I will try to come up with a good way to support this software anyway, but it's has a "unique" design.

In addition to the above, the Excavator miner will never be downloaded automatically due to the restrictions in the Nicehash EULA.

Thank you for adding Excavator support and for the effort to integrate new api from it.

I want to propose to you some improvements :

1) I think it would be very useful for all AM users to see also the hash-rate a pool records for us. Lately almost all pools had connection problems, was stopped or they are simply recording a lower hashrate than the one that we see on miner's window.
To achieve this you have to call pool's API : https://www.ahashpool.com/api/walletEx/?address=   and you have the list of all miners. You have to uniquely identify each AM instance by assigning a uniquely generated random ID (that appears also in API json from the pool) that remains the same for a RIG (do not generate a new id when starting a new miner to track past values). Now that you have uniquely identified  each instance you will have to download every 1 minute a new JSON from the link above and add values together with timestamp in an array you store for each pool and algo. By making the difference between 2 consecutive different values and divide to the number of seconds between the 2 values you have the real HashRate per second from the Pool. You also can show values like : unsold, balance and unpaid for that pool.
The implementation from above will give us very useful insight about each pool performance and can help us earn more, now that BTC has a very low value, every optimization is really useful.

2) Sometimes when pools have too many connections they disable new connections for a period of time for a specific algo. In this case AM remains stucked with the last value AM received from the mining instance of ccminer and does nothing to fix that.
I believe it would be better to show income statistics based on submitted (and also accepted shares) , instead AM now remains without any refresh to the last hash rate that was submitted by ccminer  even hours ago.
If AM waits for hours for an updated hashrate from ccminer and does not take time into consideration it is not the correct behavior. It should have a timer that checks every x seconds the received hashrate from the miner (if there isn't an updated value - identical values could also be a problem - , the for several checks, that miner has an issue) with one minute delay when miner is started to allow all GPUs to be started and send hash rates. Like this if one pool / algo server is offline, it will change to the next most profitable algo from the list.

What do you think, Patrike ?

Thanks for your feedback.

1) I'm planning to add the pool balance on the Balance tab, just below the existing list of wallet addres balances. This item is quite high on my priority list, but the implementation has not yet started. Hopefully I will have it done before the end of this month.

2) I've already started the implementation for detecting pool failures as part of the profit switcher. What I've implemented so far is that the profit switcher looks at the number of Accepted Shares. If it's not moving for 5 - 10 minutes (configurable), the pool will be marked as "failed" and will be ignored by the profit switcher for 2 - 24 hours (configurable). The profit switcher would then move on to the next pool that isn't marked as "failed".

What I've implemented so far should at least partially solve the case you describe. Hopefully I will be able to have a first release with this feature later this week.

Thank you very much, Patrike.
We are frustrated because a lot of money are lost when AM does not take actions to solve issues like failing miners or pool failure.  
It is very important to have them solved, because even if it is not being reported, the problems from above are present to all users of AM that paid for the premium version.
I do appreciate that you are concentrating on fixing the functionality of the software and I hope it will be ready soon, it will reduce our stress with the monitoring and errors we see.

Questions:
1) If I want to add more custom pools, is AM compatible with all type of pools with full support, or just Yiimp pools ?
2) Do you know if there is a list somewhere with a list of pools ordered by number of miners ? I am asking this because lately HashRefinery is doomed, and it is misleadingly reporting revenue of $400/day/rig instead of a real rate like $40/day/rig and makes AM switch to HashRafinery and actually do $10/day/rig . To solve this I disabled HashRafinery. Zpool recovered a little on past 2 days from DDOS attacks, but zpool now has 30k miners, probably they upgraded hardware with load balancing.
So I do not have too many options I only use AHashPool and MPH and I want to check some other good pools that can be integrated latter in AM and that will solve another problem that AM is currently causing to pools. For example when a new algo is more profitable, all 2000 miners witch from one algo to another and DDOS protection (or system sudden overload) denies connections from a part of them. Having more options might distribute the load a little for similar values like +/-$2 and also will allow AM to function better with the solution you are implementing right now.

What do you think ?

PS: If you check HashRefinery right now (http://pool.hashrefinery.com/site/mining on nist5 algo) , they started reporting $600/rig/day on nist5 and in just 1 minute the number of miners on nist5 form HashRefinery whent form 100 to 10800 miners on nist5 ... WOW . Also, I had one test rig to see what is happening, it simply was not being able to connect to HasRefinery because there were already 9300 connected and probably their server crashed. Do you think the users that switched to HasRefinery/Nist5 made anything ? All the miners lost the money during this period and also ccminer had red error on screen with connection refused, retry in 30 sec for 10 minutes, without any action form AM to switch to the next pool from the list.
yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:45:22 AM

- Cloud Services: Multiple Telegram clients can sign in and get notifications from Awesome Miner
- Configuration of automatic restart of crashed miner can be disabled by setting 0 restart attempts in the Options dialog, Advanced section
- Trigger for Check Statistics adds support for evaluating Rejected shares in addition to Accepted shares.
- Trigger for Computer Idle adds support for specifying time in seconds instead of minutes
- Notification list support keyboard shortcut Ctrl+A and Ctrl+C to copy all notifications to clipboard
- Profit switcher will show error message if no pool can fulfill the requirements of the selected combination of algorithms and mining software
- Minor corrections

Thanks for the Excavator support!
eminer001

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:37:25 PM

- Minor corrections

I want to configure excavator and I added external miner excavator (latest) but I am undable to benchmark or start mining with excavator. Do you have any tutorial about how to configure the latest version of excavator ?
Why can't we use excavator with "managed profit miner" by adding excavator to "user defined mining software" and select compatibility "excavator latest" ?

AngryZ

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:04:41 PM

When can we expect to see support for Bminer? It's easily the fastest equihash miner available right now for CUDA mining.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2519271.0

Has anyone else gotten this working as external software? I've added it by following all of the steps in the documentation but when AwesomeMiner tries to run it the cmd prompt opens then closes right away. Bminer works correctly on this system if I run it on it's own.
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:23:41 PM

Patrike the HTTP API coin setting is wonderful, thank you very much. I am making extensive use of it.

As another line item, can you please add the ability to create new coins via the API as well? The plugins I'm writing/hope to be distributing sorely need it.

Something along the lines of:
POST http://mypc:17790/api/coins/NEW?longname=COIN_NAME&shortname=CNNME&algo=skein

Thank you!
Request to the top!

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
akadamson

Merit: 18

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:58:14 PM

Not sure if people saw this yesterday on ahashpool or not

Code:
Announcement: [2018-02-04 22:49 UTC] Please do not use 24 hour actuals in your profit switching script. When chain split happens, the pool will disable coins, or even disable the entire algo, and if you are using the past 24 hours actuals algo profit ranking to pick algo, you will be wasting your hash power. Bul wark just had a chain split, we disabled Bulwark but there are still 700+ miners on Nist5 after an hour, this tells us at least 700 rigs are doing it wrong. You should only use current estimates in determining your algo. And if you don't want it to switch too often, just increase the interval time. Do NOT use 24 hours actuals. 

So which is the preferred way to setup AM?
yhbae

Activity: 119

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:32:54 PM

Not sure if this makes sense so please advise if I'm not pointing to the right direction.

As I increase the number of rigs/GPUs, I see more rigs found in 'dead' state where I cannot issue soft 'reboot' command through AM. And this is not due to aggressive OC nor GPUs overheating. I understand that it's not AM's fault either. Seems to happen to one rig every couple of days when I wake up.

So in order to overcome this, I'm looking at watchdog (or similar) to hard reboot the machines. Eventually, I'll probably end up getting a watchdog built by the same person who built the SMOS but for now, since all rigs are all over my house, wired connection is not an option.

I bought couple of cheapo smart plugs that claim they are IFTTT compatible and I managed to get them to turn on and off using the webhook applet. I also managed to get them triggered via AM when the rigs are detected as 'offline'. It actually works well the first time it detects offline it but if it goes down again before I get a chance to clear the notification messages within AM, it no longer gets triggered.

This is what I did:

Trigger - (time interval : 5 mins) AND (detect offline, 120 secs)
Actions - (send webhook to turn switch off), (wait 30 secs), (send webhook to switch on), (notification)

For the last notification, I did turn off 'Notify once until acknowledged).

Am I doing this right?

rafaeldelrey

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:39:28 PM

I let auto profit mining for a while and I have found out all my zpool mining, which was pointed to a BTC wallet, was considered BCH. I even had the "Select BTC payout when using zpool..." option enabled.  Now I have $21 in a non withdrawable address (BCH pointed to a BTC address).   I have changed to another BTC address, and manually added a "-p c=BTC" at the command line for all zpool rows at "Online Services".

Not sure if this is a zpool error, or AM.
spiroh

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:18:08 PM

I let auto profit mining for a while and I have found out all my zpool mining, which was pointed to a BTC wallet, was considered BCH. I even had the "Select BTC payout when using zpool..." option enabled.  Now I have $21 in a non withdrawable address (BCH pointed to a BTC address).   I have changed to another BTC address, and manually added a "-p c=BTC" at the command line for all zpool rows at "Online Services".

Not sure if this is a zpool error, or AM.
This is a zpool error. I had the same issue and I reached out to zpool support and took care of it for me right away. They are able to convert it from BCH to BTC.
yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:46:21 PM

- Minor corrections

I want to configure excavator and I added external miner excavator (latest) but I am undable to benchmark or start mining with excavator. Do you have any tutorial about how to configure the latest version of excavator ?
Why can't we use excavator with "managed profit miner" by adding excavator to "user defined mining software" and select compatibility "excavator latest" ?

Trying to figure out. No luck as yet...
eminer001

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:33:13 PM

- Minor corrections

Trying to figure out. No luck as yet...

Anyone managed to configure it ?
roddy_r

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:24:14 PM

Quick question guys, trying to troubleshoot an issue with hashrefinery its reporting a ridiculous profit in awesome miner for nist5 (£1300 a month) and its throwing the profit switching for my 6GPU rig I wish it was right!

Any ideas where I can start to troubleshoot this? all other Algos look as expected. I have benchmarked and also tried saving the hash rate but still its obsessed with this algorithm.

Many thanks
eminer001

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:40:16 PM

Quick question guys, trying to troubleshoot an issue with hashrefinery its reporting a ridiculous profit in awesome miner for nist5 (£1300 a month) and its throwing the profit switching for my 6GPU rig I wish it was right!

Any ideas where I can start to troubleshoot this? all other Algos look as expected. I have benchmarked and also tried saving the hash rate but still its obsessed with this algorithm.

Many thanks

I disabled HashRefinery completely. That pool is a scam. You will see coins waiting for days to go to exchange and even large amounts vanish from your account.  
I think there should be some replacements and new more reliable pools to be added. Today HashRefinery reported even $400/day/rig and that is totally unacceptable and made 10000 AM users to switch to that pool and lost their money.
eminer001

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:47:21 PM

With this very low price of 7k for BTC , ROI for GPU went to one year from a few months and Antminer S9 will get your money back in 2 years. So you will wait years to even recover the money you spent on hardware and at that time it will cost more electricity than the money produced.

I guess people will start selling devices. Already almost everyone had a miner that you could hear by the noisy fan, and that was a clear sigh that the bubble will pop, when everybody makes the bubble larger.
Arackis

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:09:31 PM

Many thanks

I disabled HashRefinery completely. That pool is a scam. You will see coins waiting for days to go to exchange and even large amounts vanish from your account.  
I think there should be some replacements and new more reliable pools to be added. Today HashRefinery reported even $400/day/rig and that is totally unacceptable and made 10000 AM users to switch to that pool and lost their money.

Yeah they killed me too last night. Said I was making like $36 a day on a Gtx 1070 ti.
Arackis

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:20:36 PM

Any one else having problems with mining pool hub? It shuts down as soon as I start Awesome miner.

Starting Diagnostics. Awesome Miner version: 4.4.1
Starting Mining Software
Setting up Miner Engine. Instance: 1
Engine Type: ZecEwbfMiner, Auto Download: True, EnginePath: , Subtype: Disabled, CustomExecutable:
Added rule for: C:\Users\jcndj\AppData\Local\AwesomeMiner\Zec.miner.0.3.4b_1\0.3.4b\miner.exe
C:\Users\jcndj\AppData\Local\AwesomeMiner\Zec.miner.0.3.4b_1\0.3.4b\miner.exe  --server us-east.us-east.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com --port 20594 --user Arackis.Arackis --pass x --api 0.0.0.0:4028   (WindowMode: ConsoleFormat, EngineType: ZecEwbfMiner, IsProfitMiner: True)
Configuration:

>
+-------------------------------------------------+
> |         EWBF's Zcash CUDA miner. 0.3.4b         |
> +-------------------------------------------------+
> INFO: Current pool: us-east.us-east.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:20594
> INFO: Selected pools: 1
> INFO: Solver: Auto.
> INFO: Devices: All.
> INFO: Temperature limit: 90
> INFO: Api: Listen on 0.0.0.0:4028
> ---------------------------------------------------
> ERROR: Cannot resolve hostname
Failed to start miner process: Process has exited, so the requested information is not available.
Failed to start miner in Diagnostics mode
Diagnostics completed
Pages: « 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 ... 647 »
  Print  

Jump to: